Tenth Lollipop

It's Kyungsoo's Story

 

            Today’s weather is very nice. I arrive at the hospital at 7.30 am as usual. Looks like the fans are starting to gather in front of the hospital again. EXO-K must be a really popular group to have such loyal fans. I walk into the lobby and greet the ahjusshi that guards the main entrance. I don’t even know why I feel so happy about coming to the hospital today. Actually, every day I do feel happy coming here, but today, it seems like I’m a little excited to start my day.

 

         I head towards the ladies locker room to change into my uniform. Glad there are no sunbaenims around. I don’t think I want to spoil my mood first thing in the morning. I look at Soyeon’s locker beside mine. Looks like she hasn’t arrive yet. I open my locker and change into my pink nurse uniform. The pink uniform is for the juniors and the blue uniform is for the seniors. The ‘senior’ title will be given to the junior nurse only after they served the hospital for two years. Soyeon and I just started working here for seven months so we still have to wait for another 17 months before we can wear that blue uniform.

 

            I tie my long hair into a small bun and put on my headdress. I look at the mirror for the last time before I close my locker. Some of the nurses like to put thick make-up every day especially the sunbaes. I think it is just ridiculous. For me, a powder on the face and some light pink lip balm on the lips is enough. Soyeon told me that I should use lip gloss instead of lip balm on my lips because I have beautiful lips but I don’t think that I should to. When I think that I’m satisfied with how I look, I walk out of the locker room. Time to fill up my empty stomach.

 

             “Oh look. Who’s the first person that I met early in the morning?”

 

             The wicky-witch of Seoul just appears in front of me. Lovely. Urgh.

 

              “Good morning sunbae-nim.” I bow insincerely.

 

              “So you’re meeting D.O. again huh? You must so happy aren’t you?”

 

              Who’s D.O.? Oh yeah, Kyungsoo’s stage name. I just keep quiet. I don’t think I should answer a question that I think she probably knows the answer anyway.

 

                “Have fun while you can. You know that I don’t like those who mess out with my plans aren’t you?” she put her face closer to mine and smirks. Oh God I hate how her perfume smells. And she’s only a few inches away from me right now and the smell just poke straight into my nose. I feel like I’m almost puke.

 

                “I use to hate you only a little you know? Because Matron Kim fancies you too much when you first came here. But it looks like the hate meter just rise rapidly since yesterday. So you should beware my dear hoobae.” She still hasn’t moved away her face from me.

 

                “I will do everything I can to….”

 

                I don’t think I can hold it any longer. And then it happens. Sorry sunbae.

 

**********