Chapter 20: School

I Understand Love Now... (HAITUS)

~Cho Hee's POV~

“Cho Hee,” someone said, shaking her wildly.

“Give me five more minutes,” I said, shuffling to my side and trying to go back to sleep.

“You’ll be late.” Cho Hee opened her eyes and it was Minji. I rubbed my eyes until my vision was clear.

“Come one lets go! Pali. Pali.”

“Where are we going exactly,” I asked, sitting up.

“School. Duh? Did you forget?” I laughed and scratched behind my head. “You did. Well, go get dressed and got down to eat breakfast.” I nodded. When Minji went out, I got ready.
Took a nice shower, put on my uniform, blow dry and did my hair into a fishtail braid, put on some light makeup (such as BB cream, mascara, eyeliner, and a light shade of pink lipstick), got my backpack and headed downstairs. Seeing Minji, and oppa. Where is umma?

“Good morning, jagiya,” said oppa, putting some eggs on my plate.

I snapped back, kissed him, took my seat and thanked him. I grabbed my fork and dig in.

“How does it taste,” He asked, taking the seat on my right side. I smiled with the fork still in my mouth.

“Really?” I nodded. He ruffled my hair and started to clean the kitchen but the maids stop him.

I kept eating and eating until I was full. I finished my cup of orange juice and went straight to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and pouted. “Oppa, messed up my hair.” I redid it  but the first try was better. I didn’t have time and went with it. Next, I brushed, flossed, and mouth washed my teeth. Later, I got my shoes and meet up with Minji and Oppa. Which, oppa had my bag all along. I thought I lost in the house.

“Sorry, for being late,” I said, bowing.

“It’s fine. Now let's go before we get detention,” said Minji. Me and oppa nodded and off we went.

 


“Wow, the school still looks different,” I said, walking with Oppa in the hallways. Nevertheless, the students didn’t change. They were still snotty and gossiping but other things. Also, I noticed that the students were looking, pointing and maybe talking about me. I just ignored them and paid attention to my oppa. “Oppa, let's go to my locker.” I went to a different turn but noticed that oppa wasn’t following me. “Are you coming?”

“You’re going to the wrong direction.”

“No I’m not. My locker is over there,” I said, pointing at the other side of the school.

“Not any more,” he sang.

“What? Then where is it?”

“It’s right next to mine,” Seungjin oppa said.

“Really?”

“Yup.” We suddenly stopped and he pointed somewhere. I looked in his direction and there was a rose taped to the locker-door. “Go.” I did and took the rose. “Now read it.”

“Dear jagiya, I hope you’ve got an awesome day, today. Love you. From the one and only oppa,” I said, reading the card. “Oppa, that's sweet.”

“Hoped you like it.”

“Like it. I love it,” I said. Therefore, I gave him the biggest hug.

“Get a room,” said someone. I released and glanced at the voice where it was coming from. Do I know her? She gave me a dirty look and run away when she spotted someone. “Oppa!” Me and Seungjin looked and it was the guy said that he was fiancee.

“Get away from me,” he said, rudely. “Oppa, don’t be mean.”

“I said get away!” He glimpse at me and I looked back. The guy cleared his throat and walked away. Next, the girl chased after him. I was going to say something but the bell rang.

“Well, I got to go. Do you want me to walk you to class,” Seungjin said.

“Ani. I don’t want you to be late for class,” I said.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m sure. Now go.”

“Okay. Bye.” I kissed him on the cheek and waited until I can no longer see him. Then I ran to class. I made it just in time. I looked around to see if Minji had this class but there was no sign of her. That was a bummer. Well, I can’t do anything about that and I guess I have to live with it this year. My senior year.
I was busy thinking and not busy watching. I bumped into someone making them dropped their stuff. Everybody gasped and I know that I bumped into a kingka or a queenka. I felt so stupid.

“Are you going to pick it up,” he said. It’s a guy. That means a... kingka.

“Mianhae,” I said, picking up his stuff. I hand it to him and our hands touched. I looked up and it was the guy from earlier. My “fiancee”. Right away I took my hand away, bowed, and continued to my seat in the back. Everybody just stared, including him. I stayed quiet until the teacher came.

“Good morning class,” she said.

“Good morning,” everybody said in an unpleasant tone.

She picked up a piece paper and continued, “We have a new student everybody. Can you please come up to the front.” Everybody looked at me and I had no choice but to go to the front. I did and faced at the pupils.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Cho Hee iminda,” I said and bowed. However, people gasped when I said my name. I stand up straight and everybody faces were surprised or in shock. “Is there anything wrong?”

“Um, no. Just go back to your seat,” said the teacher. I smiled, nodded, and did what I was told. “Now class. We're going to learn about the human body.” Everybody groaned, excluding me, since I finished my nursing in the U.S. Thus the teacher looked at them with her death-look and everybody changed their “boo’s” with “yeah’s”. I chuckled at their reaction and turned my attention to the teacher. “Now, can someone tell me about the digestive?” She looked at us again and no one raised her head. I’m going to regret this. “Oh! Yes, Cho Hee.”

I stood up and answered, “Well, when you smell, see, or think about it, digestion begins. That's when saliva, or spit, begins to form. Next, the food mixed with the saliva breaks down the chemicals in the food bit by bit, which makes the food mushy and easy to swallow. Also, the tongue helps out by pushing the food around while you chew with your teeth. When you’re ready to swallow, the tongue pushes a tiny bit of mashed-up food to the bolus toward the back of your throat and into the opening of your esophagus.”
When I finished, looks were shocked, even the teacher.

“Nerd,” someone coughed. Not surprisingly the students laughed.

“Quiet,” the teacher screamed. Everybody listened while I flinched. “Anyways, good job Cho Hee. I can see why you got accepted to that college.”

“College,” everybody screamed, except the guy I bumped into.  

“It’s true. Miss Cho Hee got accepted to the finest school in the U.S.”

“Then, why are you here,” asked the guy in the front row, rudely.”

“Well, I wanted to finish my high school and get my high school diploma.”

“Such a dork.”

I started to get angry. My hands started to clench together and my temperature started to rise.

“What you say,” said a familiar voice said. Everybody looked and I wonder what was he doing here.

Update! I know this chapter might be a little boring but the second part is...

Shocking!