CHAPTER 9 - CAN YOU BE MINE?

BE MINE

 

CHAPTER 9 – CAN YOU BE MINE?

 

I am here again in my station spacing out while clutching his picture close to my chest.

‘I missed you’ the phrase kept bouncing inside my head.

He said he missed me… he did!!

Aigoo… my brain is pretty messed up right now that I can’t even work.

The pile of paper kept getting higher and higher as I drift off to tralala land.

“Aish… zombie mode again??” I heard my best friend’s annoying voice from behind. I tuck gently the picture in my drawer and swivelled my chair to face her.

“Oh please…” she rolled her eyes at me. “That’s Yong again right??”

“Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah…” I screamed as I jump off of my chair and beamed at her.

She took a step backward, “Yah! What’s wrong with you?? You’re starting to get creepy!” she said in horror.

“Dara… you called him YONG!” I squealed at her while shaking her. “You didn’t call him headband, head roll, head something… you called him YONG!”

She looked at me exasperatedly, “Errr… is that a big deal? I’m kind of lazy right now so I decided to use his one syllable name,” she stuck out her tongue at me.

“Tch.” I pouted at her. “What do you need anyway?”

She smiled at me playfully, “Our dearest boss, wishes to talk to you.”

“Me?? Why me??” I was alarmed.

Did I do something, was he mad because I stared at him yesterday??

Did I do something wrong??

Is he going to fire me?

I can’t afford to lose my job right now.

Eotteokke??

“Yah….” Dara’s voice pulled me back from my trance.

I look up at her.

“Your imagination Shinhye… you should learn how to control that,” she sighed –she know me too well.“He just wants to talk to you”

“Talk to me? Why?”

“I don’t know” she shrugged her shoulders. “Hurry up.. you know he’s impatient.”

“Ah yes..” I scrambled as I run towards his office.

 

 

 

 

 

I took a deep breath and prayed before I knocked on his door.

“Come in…” I heard him say.

I gently opened the door and stepped inside. He was sitting on his chair with his elbows propped up on the table and his hands clasped together.

“Oh it’s you Ms. Park.” He greeted me with a blank face.

Yeah, it’s me. As if you’re not expecting me.

“What did I do sir?” I replied meekly.

Err.. ‘What did I do?’ What’s that Shinhye?! I mentally slapped myself. It’s as if you are already telling him that you did something.

Bravo.

He didn’t answer but instead his lips curled upward forming a lopsided smile.

“What made you think you did something Ms. Park?”

I scratched the back of my head and bit my lower lip, “…nothing sir.”

He remained still, and stared at me.

I was starting to get really nervous as sweat drips on every part of my body.

“Do you know me Ms. Park?” he said after staring at me for a couple of minutes.

Of course I know you! You’re the friggin boss.

“Yes sir.” I answered with my head bowed down –I just can’t take his piercing stare!

“Who am I?”

“You…” I started to fidget. “You…are Joo Ji Hoon. CEO of Joo Corporation. Our boss.”

There was a long silence.

“Am I the only Joo Ji Hoon you know?”

Only? Is there another Joo Ji Hoon?

Where is this heading?

I am confused. What’s this?

“Yes sir, only you.” I answered quite reluctantly. I looked up at him with confusion on my face.

His face is stoic as ever. But I notice his facial muscle is more tensed right now. He stared straight at me –eye to eye.

I stared back trying to figure out where this is heading. He didn’t falter.

We stayed like that for a long time until he swivelled his chair to stare out of his glass window behind him.

“Have you seen me before by any chance?” he said still staring out of the window.

“No sir.”

I can hear him tapping the arm rest of his chair.

“As I told you before....”he swivelled his chair again to face me. “....Don’t fall for me, you’re not my type I don’t like girls who’s as naive as you” he said with dark expression on his face.

AGAIN?? Does he need to say that AGAIN? What does he think of me, some kind of a social climber?

I suddenly felt the urge to slap him in the face but I grab a hold of my emotions. I fisted my hands on my side and I look straight at him with my head high.

“I would NEVER fall for you, SIR.” The ‘sir’ came out of my mouth quite forced. “You don’t need to worry, SIR. So if you’ll excuse me, I need to go back to my pile of paper works because you’re paying me to do it. Have a nice day sir.”

I bowed at him and walked away without waiting for his response.

I shut the door behind me gently as I can. My breathing starts to get heavy as I suddenly felt like crying.

What made him think that I like him? That arrogant ba*st*rd!!

I don’t even consider him as a person. He’s a monster.... and I don’t like monsters.

I shut my eyes tightly trying to stop the tears that are about to flow from my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, what happened? You look like you’re about to break.” Dara asked as soon as she saw me.

I slumped down on my chair –exhausted.

“I don’t know what made him think that...” I muttered not really paying attention to Dara’s queries.

“Think?? Think what??” she asked.

I let out a loud sigh and buried my face on my table completely ignoring Dara.

“Yah..” she said while tugging my arm gently.

“I wanna rest...” I mumble my voice cracking.

I heard Dara sigh, “Okay...call me when you need me okay?” she gave me a light squeeze on the shoulder.

“Thank you...” I whispered.

Then she leaves.

There is this throbbing pain again in my head and it’s getting more intense this past few days. The ringing in my ears is also present.

I shut my eyes.

 

 

‘Yah! I’m warning you... don’t fall in love with me. I don’t like a girl who’s as naive as you!’ the older boy screamed at the younger girl.

The girl didn’t look affected; she stuck out her tongue at the older guy. ‘That’s impossible, I will never like you!’ She run towards the older boy and stopped in front of him before she kick the boy on the shin with all her might.

The boy fell on the grass grimacing in pain while holding his shin.

The little girl looked satisfied at his reaction, “Serves you right! You bully!!” she laughed then she stuck out her tongue before she ran away.

 

“Yah! Shin Hye....” I felt someone shaking me wildly. “Shinhye....”

I opened my eyes and saw Dara with a worried look on her face. I stared at her for a moment.

“Geezz... Shinhye you’re dreaming...” she said worriedly. “You were.... muttering something incomprehensible. Are you alright?”

I blinked at her trying to remember what I dreamt about...

Ah... the boy and the girl...

Geez... I’m even dreaming about that guy. Maybe that’s how he looks when he was young. That jerk, I was able to get back at him in my dream. A timid smile tugs the corners of my lips.

I really wanted to kick him earlier, but I don’t want to lose my job.

I look up again at Dara who’s looking at me waiting for an explanation.

I stretched my arms and arched my back while bending my head from side to side as I felt the strain of sleeping on my desk.

“What now?” Dara asked again.

I look up at her and smiled, “I just had a very nice dream.... tch, I taught the jerk a lesson.”

She stared blankly at me, “Err.... taught that jerk –I’m sorry?? My brain cells are quite slow right now.”

“Never mind..What are you doing here by the way??” I asked while rummaging through the course of paper on my table.

She pointed at her watch, “Time to go home....”

“What?! Really??” a wave of shock filled me. I checked the time on my wrist watch.

Gaaaa... it’s already 5 o’clock!!

“Omo... I slept too long I have a lot of paper works to do....!” I exclaimed while looking at the pile of paper on the other side of my table.

“Gee.... I didn’t know you have a lot of paper works today...” she pursed her lips and let out a sigh.

“Our boss.. is indeed an ANGEL... as you can see he gave me extra works to do.” I seethed.

“Would you like me to help you??” Dara offered.

I smiled at her, “Aniyo.... Ji Yong will surely go crazy if he doesn’t see you today. He’ll text you a hundred times and he will call you a thousand times. Or else he will barge here to pick you up.. I know him too well. He would even say, ‘You love Shinhye more than me.’ haha” i laughed as suddenly she turned red from the tip of her hair to the tip of her toes.

“And... I can’t stand your god-awful, stomach churning, disgusting sweet lines for each other. Can’t you talk like normal couples do??” I .

“Yah! Yah! You talk like that because you don’t have a boyfriend,” she said quite offended then her phone rang.

Her face automatically brightened upon seeing the caller’s name.

‘JI YONG’ she mouthed at me with a huge smile plastered on her face.

“Hi babe!” she answered the phone squealing. “Ne.... ne.... aigooo... I miss you too already” she pouted while twirling her fingers on her curls.

I look at her disgusted.

“oohh..this cute little thing.. of course i’m dying to see you too!!” she beamed over the phone.

“Oh please....” I rolled my eyes at her. “Leave!!” I stood up and pushed Dara.

 

 

 

 

 

My eyes are already tired of staring at the screen of the computer for I was in front of the computer for two hours already without a break –i think my eyes are about to fall out!

I have to finish all of the papers because that jerk wants the papers on his table once he arrives at the office tomorrow morning.

I rotate my arms and shoulder as I paused for a 2 minute break to stretch my straining muscles.

RING. RING. RING

My phone rang.

I sip my cold coffee and answered the phone without even looking at who is calling.

“Yoboseyo…” I answered tiredly.

“You sound tired….” the very familiar voice on the other line responds. My heart suddenly sank and I felt my knees weaken.

I look at the screen of my phone to check if my guess is correct.

My eyes widened in glee and I almost jump off of my chair.

“Yong….??” I placed the phone back on my ear again.

“Yes it’s me… you’re still working??”

“Yeah..I need to finish some documents…” I sighed.

“Oh.. did you eat dinner?” there’s a hint of worry on his voice.

“Err.. I forgot about that.. I’ll do that once I got home..How bout you??”

“Hmm.. not yet too…anyway I just called to check, bye.” And he ends the call.

I stared at the phone for a moment, “I just wish we talked for a few more minutes…..” I whispered.

 After our small trip to the hill I haven’t seen him after that...

I miss him terribly. T_T

I leaned back on my chair and stared at the ceiling.

“Better go back to work so I can go home… I’m starving already…” I stretched my arms and pulled the last group of papers.

I was really concentrating and was almost half way done when my phone rang again.

I tried to ignore it but it kept on ringing so I picked it up.

“Yoboseyo…” I answered lazily while cradling the phone in between my shoulders and ears not taking my eyes off the screen of the computer.

“Hi….”

My heart stopped for a second and took the phone off of my ear to stare at the screen.

I was puzzled, ‘He just called earlier’.

“Yong… what’s wrong?” I answered back.

“I’m outside your office….”

WHAT?! He’s where?

“I’m sorry.. you’re where??” I asked not sure if I heard him right.

“I’m outside your office, I brought you some foods.”

“Chincha??” I exclaimed with a huge smile that can tear up all my facial muscle.

“Chincha…” he chuckled on the other line.

Oh beautiful heavens! Waaaaahhhh… I can feel my soul leaving my body. Can I die right now?

NO NO NO… for the sake of love life I can’t die right now!

“Ok… ok… wait for me….” I hurriedly ran towards the door almost tripping when I my heels got stuck into some wires.

I ran straight to the elevator and pressed the down button.

‘Palli, palli, palli….’ I chanted impatiently.

I got irritated because the elevator seemed to be stuck on the 10th floor so I decided to use the stairs.

I ran downstairs taking two steps at a time.

I was panting really hard when I reached him down in front of the building.

“I… uh…” I was catching my breath because I nearly flew four freaking floors, I can feel my lungs depleted of air.

“Breathe first…” he smiled at me.

I did a few inhales, exhales before I muster to ask him why the hell he was here.

He wiggles the plastic of food in front of me and smiles, “Let’s eat.. I’m starving…”

That made my heart sank out of joy.

There’s another moment of soul departing my body but I am fast enough to pull it back.

I laughed, “Here….” I motioned him to follow me to the nearby bench just besides our building.

We settled ourselves and he opened the plastic of food. He laid out all its content which was surprisingly more than what I thought it was.

“Uhmmm.. it’s not the end of the world right?” I asked him with a playful smile while looking at all the food that he bought.

He laughed, “I don’t know what you like so I bought a piece of everything at the nearby fast food restaurant….” He scratches the back of his head.

“Don’t worry…. I’m starving to death.” I laughed then I took the chopstick that he offered me.

 

I enjoyed the meal that he brought not only that it is so delicious but because he is there to share it with me.  I was really surprised that I wasn’t stuttering anymore when I am talking to him. It is as if I have already been accustomed to his presence.

But still the thundering and pounding of my heart is still there whenever he smiles at me. My knees still gets weak whenever I hear him laugh.

‘I am falling deeply in love with this guy’

I glanced at him beside me –he was staring at the sky filled with stars.

“Can I ask you something….” He said still staring at the sky.

“What is it….” I answered and I tilted my head to stare at the sky too.

I saw him look at me through the corner of my eye.

He lifted his hand tucked my hair under my ear.

“Can you be mine?”

 

 

 

*************************

 

End of chapter 9

 

 

Tadan! Haha… sorry it took so long. Anyway, that’s a bomb right there…. Ooohh.. Our prince just asked our princess to be HIS!! Aigoo.. I know you’re mad at me because I left you hanging again. :P

*hides* 

 

Shout out:

@laz_15 – you filled me again with your VERY, VERY, VERY heart warming comment! It made me really happy to the extent that it almost made me cry. Aigoo.. I really love you chingu!! Anyway.. promise on the next chap I’ll put YONGHWA POV for you.. keke.. Thank you so much! ^___^

@Black-LoVE – waaah, you’re back chingu!! I missed you … keke.. and I missed your comments too.. keke.. thank you soo much! ^___^

@kattyToodles – waaaaaah… I’m really happy that you love it… Haha

@kloyola – I’ll put more daragon moment on the succeeding chappies.. haha.. omo.. my Daragon heart <3 ^^

@clumsygirl – God bless you too.. keke.. the happiness of my readers is my happiness too.. ^^

@hanaplor – I know you have your inferences haha.. I love Joo Ji Hoon on Goong too.. I love the cold attitude.. keke

@len2109 – There will be tons of sweetness on the succeeding chappies don’t worry.. keke

@BOICELF – waha.. I know he will be perfect for the character.. ^__^ I got the idea when I stumble upon a pic of him and Shinhye..keke

@Villary – I’m screaming too… haha… thank you for the comment ^^

@livelovelifeah – of course she misses him too…. BADLY!! Keke.. XD

@heartiesgal – keke.. they are both lovable ayt? Thank you for the comment^^

@DB_Yonghwa – it’s okay to squeal.. keke.. coz I’m squealing too XD

@UnMinMex – welcome to the family!!! Hoho.. keep reading I hope you’ll like the succeeding chaps ^^

 

 

Do leave a COMMENT my lovely readers.

To the new ones…

If you like this, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE. ^^v

 

Pyoong ^^

g-dragon+gif.gif <--- by the way this is JIYONG ^^

 

@anjellie_ka