CHAPTER 7 - FIREFLIES

BE MINE

CHAPTER 7 - FIREFLIES

 

The new pair of shoe that I am wearing fits my feet perfectly, but since it’s new I can feel a painful blister starting to form on my ankle.

Yong bought me a new shoe saying that I can’t walk properly using a shoe that has a broken heel. I insisted on paying it but he is as stubborn as I am, insisting that it is his fault that my shoe got broken.

I twitched as I felt the blister touch the back of the shoe again.

I looked up at Yong in front of me he kept on walking still holding my hand.

My face felt warm again, and for the nth time I’m blushing. Just the mere skin contact between us is making my heart wild, it’s beating fast that it feels like it’s going to pop out of my chest.

I looked around us; we are already heading towards the top of a small hill. It’s already dark since it’s already 8 in the evening.

Fear started to flow over my body.

He can’t be a maniac right??

I stiffened….

He stopped on his tracks and turns to me.

“We’re almost there, I’m sure you’ll like it there...” he gave me a reassuring smile and squeezed my hand a little.

I smiled back.

I don’t know why but every time I’m with him I just feel so safe –like nothing is wrong when I am with him, when in fact we just met a few days ago.

And it’s so wrong to go with someone who you just met.

But this just feels so damn right.

We continued to walk; I look ahead to the direction where we are going.

From afar I could see a big tree on the top of the hill.

I am just wondering, what is something special with that tree.

As we are getting nearer I could see small lights coming from the tree. Tiny lights that’s moving in different directions.

Is it Christmas lights??

But it’s not yet Christmas..

I narrowed my eyes to look at it more carefully, the tiny lights on the tree are swaying and moving like the tree is surrounded by stars.

But stars can’t move right??

Then what is it??

We are just a few feet away when I realized what those lights are.

My eyes widened and my lips formed into a big smile.

Before I knew it I pulled away my hand from his grasp and run toward the tree marvelling the beautiful creation in front of me.

The tree is surrounded by dancing fireflies.

The place is so dark that it adds up to the beauty of the fireflies flocking the tree.

I looked up and walked around the tree in awe with mouth hanging open. A small “wow” escaped on my lips as I looked at it like a child.

“Beautiful isn’t it??” he said.

“No,..... this is wonderful....” I said still looking at the fireflies.

Beautiful is such an understatement for this. If I could only come up with a better adjective for this but I can’t, because my mind is just too preoccupied with the awesomeness of the thing in front of me.

“How did you find this place??” my curiosity strikes.

He walked towards the tree and touched the body of it.

He looked up and said, “My childhood friend and I used to go here when we were young...we play here a lot. She’s my protector...” he smiled then he looked at me. “...believe me or not I was a wimpy kid when I was young.”

She??

The word multiplied like gremlins in my head.

She??

So there is a special girl in his life.

“Oh... really?” I faked a smile. “She must be really special to you...”

“Yes... very special... but...” he looked down to the ground. “...I think she doesn’t remember me anymore..”

There is a hint of sadness in his voice that it pained my heart, suddenly I felt jealous of that girl.

“She doesn’t remember you??”

“We were very young at that time... we were like in 1st grade so I guess she can’t remember me anymore,” he laughed.

“Maybe...” I laughed too –half heartedly.

He sat down on the grass and lean on the tree.

“Look...” he pointed in front of him.

My eyes widened to the view in front of me.

“Yah... I didn’t notice it!...” I exclaimed.

I heard him laugh.

I run towards the edge of the hill.

“Hey...that’s dangerous! Don’t go too near...” I heard him scream but I didn’t care.

I stopped a few inches away from the edge.

“Wow...” I screamed. The view of Seoul during night time is spectacular. From the hill I could see the busy streets of Seoul and the lights coming from the tall buildings.

The buildings and the houses looks so small from afar I felt like I can pluck them using my fingers and suddenly I felt like I was in paradise –far from the noisy and busy world.

“Yah...” Yong pulled my arm. “Why are you so careless?? That’s dangerous!” he angrily said but i ignore it.

I spun around to face him, “I suddenly felt like I was in paradise....” I chuckled. I spread my arms to feel the air, “....even the air smells like paradise... mmmmm” I inhaled the cold wind that’s gently hitting my face and blowing my hair.

Suddenly I felt a pair of hands held my shoulders and I snapped my eyes open.

“I know you’re ecstatic...” he exhaled loudly. “But you should be careful.. now don’t be stubborn and watch the city a few feet far from the edge... arasseo??” his eyebrows curled into a tiny knot.

I suddenly felt something in my throat –is it my heart??

My heart got stuck on my throat!!

Sheesh…his awesomeness is taking a toll on my being.

This is not healthy at all!!

His face is just inches... no, no, no... centimetres away from my face. I can even smell what kind of toothpaste he uses or what he ate for lunch!

One wrong move and his lips would touch mine.

I gulped a good amount of saliva at the thought.

Fearing that I would stutter again I just nod and let him pull me away gently from the edge.

Then I felt again the painful blister on my right foot.

“Aw...” I tried to stop it but it escaped on my lips.

He turned to me worriedly.

“What’s wrong” he asked.

I was grimacing in pain while lifting my right foot not letting the shoe touch the blister on my ankle.

He immediately bent down to look at it.

He removed the shoe and looked at the blister.

“Is it because of the shoe??” he said looking up at me.

I smiled and pretended it’s not that painful, “Ani... don’t worry all new shoes cause blister...”

He sighed and stood up with my shoe on his hand, “Here... let me help you, hold on to me.”

He offered his arm for me to hold on to which I gladly took.

We sat under the tree and I looked at the blister. The skin on top of it already sloughed off and the thin skin underneath it was the one that was touching the shoe.

“Tss.. where is it... I know I still have one...” he mumbled while ruffling through his bag.

“What are you looking for??” i asked.

But he ignored me and he just kept on looking inside his bag. He seems irritated that he can’t find it so in the end he poured all the content of his bag out.

“Hey...what are you looking for...” I asked again peeking at the contents of his bag which are currently on the grass right now.

There is nothing much inside his bag only two notebooks, pens, pencils, erasers, his wallet.....

“Here it is!!” he exclaimed that stopped me from counting his stuffs.

“Band aid??” I said.

He leaned towards me and pulled my feet so that it is resting on his lap.

The way he touches my foot sends shivers down my spine.

I watch him as he gently and carefully placed the band aid on top of the blister.

“There....” he said “...i hope it will help...”

“You really don’t need to worry about this...” I said as i pull my feet away with my cheeks blushing. “I experience this all the time.”

“But it’s nice when someone is worried about you...” he said while putting his things back inside his bag.

I glanced at him, I was about to say something when a picture sticking out of a thick notebook caught my eye.

“Is that your picture??” I pointed the notebook.

He quickly took it before I could even read what is written on the cover of it and dump it inside his bag.

It looks like it’s a child’s hand writing on the front cover.

“Ah... no.. my friends picture...” he said continuing to dump in the rest of his stuff and when he is done he immediately zip his bag close.

Maybe that is the girl he was talking about earlier.

“Ah... the girl you are talking about earlier??” I asked –I can’t help it!

Though I seem like intruding to some part of his past that obviously he doesn’t want to talk about I kept asking questions related to it.

Yeah jealousy is eating me alive!!

Alive!! Argggh...

“Ahumm...” he nodded while looking at the city.

“Do you still see each other??” I squeezed in.

I really have to know something about this girl....gaaah!!!

“Yeah... I see her sometimes...but as I told you before, she doesn’t remember me,” he sighed.

I felt my heart stopped for a second then beat again in a slower pace.

A girl is already in his heart.

But it’s just a fragment of the past –they don’t even talk right now.

Or maybe they still do talk?? Maybe I should ask him??

Yah! Stop it Shinhye... now!

Stop asking him about this girl... you’re way over your limit.

Why are you acting like a jealous girlfriend?

You don’t have the right!!

I sighed... “yeah.. I don’t have the right...” i whispered too low for him to hear.

“Hmmmm??” he turned to me “Are you saying something??”

“Oh no... nothing... I was just thinking that maybe we should go home now... it’s kinda late already.” I said.

“Ah...yeah...sure... sorry....”

“No... don’t say sorry... I had so much fun...” I stopped him from thinking that I didn’t enjoy our little date.

WOOOHOO... Little date this is –for me!

I removed the other shoe and stood up.

“You’re walking barefoot??” he asked.

“Later... I want to feel the grass on my feet and besides.... this is better...” I laughed and run away from him.

“Yah... Yong!!!” I called out to him who is still standing under the tree. “....let’s race.... the loser will pay for the bus fare!!” I jump in glee and run down the hill.

I heard him laugh and in seconds I can hear heavy steps behind me.

“Prepare your money...” he said also running now and already close behind me.

I run faster trying hard not to stumble on the steep slope.

I was already near the foot of the hill when a susudden throbbing pain in my head stopped me from running.

I clasped my forehead, I suddenly felt very dizzy and everything around me is spinning.

I closed my eyes as I felt piercing ringing in my ears.

I tried to cover them.

“There it goes again….” I muttered.

“Yah…tired already??” I heard Yong said as he passed by me.

He arrived at the foot of the hill first and screamed, “Yah.. I win!!” while jumping up and down.

I waved at him trying to steady myself and stop myself from shaking.

When he noticed that I was not moving on my spot he came running back to me.

 “What’s wrong??” he asked worriedly while touching my arm.

I steadied myself and forced a smile on my face.

“Nothing…” I look up to him with sweat dripping from my forehead. “….i lost… I’ll pay the bus fare.”

 

***********

 

End of Chapter 7

Sorry...for the late update again, I was looking for something to inspire me but I got nothing. Luckily I saw the pictures of our Dooley couple with Hongki and it inspires me a lot...keke..

I hope you liked this update.

 

To my lovely readers:

@laz_15 – my lovely chingu.. mianhe late update again…  you still love me right?? Keke.. here is the update for you.. but no YONG POV again… mian.. maybe on the succeeding chapters… I like teasing you eh..hoho.. don’t kill me *pouts then run*

@BlaCK-LoVE – I know it’s been long chingu… jeongmal mianhe.. *pouts with matching battling of eyelashes*  forgive me neh?? Keke.. is YONG stalking shinhye?? Waaaa.. I don’t know too chingu..haha.. I know  I’m a bad person for teasing you like that…  XD

@hanaplor – I’m happy you liked it chingu!! .. ^____^

@livelovelifeah – thank you for subscribing!! I hope I explained the meaning of Dooley clearly..keke.. I’m bad at explanations.. my bad.. Your comment really made me happy. Here’s the update my dear ^__^

@hanna2022 –I’m glad that you didn’t have any accident while reading this.. keke..be careful chingu.. okay?? Haha

@jadepizarro – our princess is sooo cute right?? Keke.. Yong is not using his headset anymore because he can’t share it with SHINNIE.. aww.. my dooley heart.. XD

@sakura07 – here is the update.. I hope you liked it :))

@sweetarmistice – don’t worry chingu.. I LOVE demanding readers.. haha they push me to write faster..keke

@lovelydooley – what do you think?? Is YONG stalking SHINHYE too??hoho.. keep guessing.. :P thank you for the lovely comment!:)))

@len2109 – I hope this update is sweet and lovely for you my dear..  :)

@mymy5106 – I am happy my description is that vivid to you chingu..haha.. ^___^ here’s the update.

@villary – waaah… don’t scream… haha.. I love making my dooley friends giddy… I’m giddy too while writing this.. hoho

@DB_Yonghwa –nooooo…  it’s not yet the end of you my future  chapters pa..hehe. thank you so much!^^

@littlefili – here’s the update my dear… ^^

 

I’ll try to update on FRIDAY.. 

 

Hohoho.. 

 

Love you all…

 

 

Pyoong!! ^^v 

 

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT PUHLEAAAASEE??

 

@anjellie_ka