CHAPTER 2 - MY MISSION

BE MINE

 

CHAPTER 2- My Mission

 

 

“Mr. Head who??” Dara turns around her brows knitted together.

 

“Yah.. lower it down will ya..” I said in a low voice while looking around. A few people in the fast food restaurant are looking at us thank you to Dara.

 

“Mr. Head who?” she repeats.

 

“As I told you a hundred times.. It’s Mr. Headset damn it.” I said quite annoyed wanting to dig her eyeballs out. What a bestfriend I have. I already told her about my prince a hundred times but she just kept on asking who he is. She said Mr. Headset isn’t even a name.

 

Yeah I know.. but what should I call him??

.

.

.

We settled ourselves at the table near the glass window.

 

“So...what happened again?” she asked.

 

“God... Dara... were you even listening to me?” I rolled my eyes at her.

 

“I’m sorry... I was texting Ji when you were telling me about Mr. Whatsoever. You know nothing enters my brain when I’m texting Ji.” She said apologetically putting her hands together throwing me her aegyo which is not so effective.

 

Yeah, she has a boyfriend named Ji Yong. They were together since we were in college and they have a pretty strong relationship. They are a cute couple but there is a problem with them.

 

When they are together nobody exists. It is as if they are in a planet of their own.

 

“So Shinhye.. spill it out,” she smiled at me as she started to devour her burger.

 

I let out a sigh.

 

“So I was saying... I was riding this bus. The same old bus that I used to ride, i thought i am not going to see him today but to my delight I saw him. He’s sleeping on the bus; I went to his side to look at him closely...” 

 

“And...?” Dara said excitedly dropping the burger on her plate and leaning closer to me.

 

“...our faces are like this close.” I place my hand in front of my face showing her how close our faces were. 

 

“And....?”

 

“...and then I closed my eyes and inhaled his scent. He is so damn fragrant the scent still lingers in my nose!!” I exclaim in delight making everybody look at us again. 

 

“Yaaaaaa Shinhye... then what happens next,” my bestfriend squeals shaking me from across the table. My happiness started to fade as i remember the embarrassment I had earlier.

 

“Hey...what’s with the face?” she asks.

 

“A total embarrassment,” I mumble lowering my head and stabbing my burger with my fork.

 

“What do you mean??”

 

I cover my face with my hands.

 

“Hey...don’t leave me hanging here...”she said giving me another nudge.

 

“He saw me looking at him... I look like a total idiot!” that made me feel bad a little more. I buried my face on the table. I felt Dara transfer to the seat beside me and patted my back.

 

“That’s ok...he will forget about that in a few days,” she said consoling me.

 

“No he will not!” I exclaimed.

 

That made everybody look at us again.

 

“Yah.. Shinhye you’re making a scene here.” Dara whispered.

 

I peeked and yes... they are indeed looking at us. I fixed myself and acted normal.

 

“Well... maybe I should avoid him for a few weeks.” I said taking my murdered burger.

 

“Yeah...that’s my girl!” Dara cheered going back to her place. “But Shin Hye...are you sure you don’t want to try blind dating?”

 

I arch my eyebrow.

 

“Hey... Ji Yong’s friend is handsome and he’s single. I know you’re head over heels in love with Mr. Whatsoever...”

 

“Headset....” I corrected her.

 

“..Okay.. Mr. Headset... but you don’t know that guy.”

 

“It’s as if I know Ji’s friend.. he’s a total stranger too.”

 

She rolled her eyes.

 

“Will you let me finish first?” she said.

 

“Shoot...” I mumble not really caring. I'm pretty stubborn when I want to be.

 

“I’ve seen this guy... he’s cute and handsome.. shy type I may say. Maybe that is the reason why he is still single. He works as an IT consultant, got a very good job. Why don’t you try it?” 

 

“Are you done?”

 

“Yeah.. I bet you didn’t listen to me,” she started eating her burger again.

 

“Hey.. I listened... but it’s just that.. my mind is set already. I’m in love Dara!!”

 

“Yeah... you’re in love... but are you sure he’s single too?”

.

.

.

.

Eh?

 

That hit me right on the spot.

 

“Well... I haven’t seen him with anyone.” I answered.

 

“Na ah...” she wave her forefinger at me “....that doesn’t mean he is single.”

 

“Hey... are you really my friend? You’re dragging me down.” I said quite hurt.

 

“Shinnie... of course I am... what I’m saying is.. you have to make sure that he is single before you create a love story inside your head.”

 

Bull’s eye!

 

"You even have an ending to your love story right?"

 

.

 

"I'm right." she sighs. Gahd I hate when Dara's right. But what if he is not single? What if he has a girlfriend.. or worst he already have a wife and a son and a daughter.

 

Gaaaaaah!!!!!

 

The pinks and butterflies in my love story are starting to shatter right in front of me. Is it goodbye Mr. Headset??

 

NOOOO!

 

I have to make sure...

 

A smile spread on my face.

 

“Yah... I know what you’re thinking...” Dara said “....quit it now Park Shin Hye.”

 

But I ignore her. I’m a girl full of will power and determination. I don’t quit that fast.

 

----------------------------------

The next day......

 

I woke up early to prepare for my plan. I pull my hair in a pony tail and wore a baseball cap. I changed my bag from the usual shoulder bag to a backpack. I bet he can still remember my face since he saw me up close, so I have to change my look.

 

I look at myself in the mirror.

 

“Yah... Shin hye you are still pretty even in tomboy’s clothes,” I told myself, I tilted my chin and went out my room bouncing.

.

.

.

 

 

It took a couple of minutes before the bus arrived. I hop on the bus and settled myself on the far end so I can see all the passengers that are going to enter.

 

He usually rides on the second station after my house and the bus is already approaching his station. With thumping heart I scan the passenger outside through the glass window. 

 

Oh God please... let me see him today.

 

An old lady entered first, then a group of high school students, an old guy and then.... HIM.

My eyes widened.

 

                Thank you Lord! You really love me don’t ya ^__^

 

He is walking now looking for a vacant seat. I saw him getting nearer and nearer. I pull down my cap to cover my face.

 

He stopped.

 

“Can I seat here?” he asked.

 

I peeked and yes he is standing right beside me.

 

OMONA!!

 

I just nod as a response. My voice seems stuck in my throat.

 

“Thank you...” he said and sat beside me.

 

My heart is going wild right now. It’s pumping so hard that like it wants to leap out of my chest. I clutch my bag closer to myself. Calm down Shin Hye... calm down. Yes I need relaxants right now or I'll pass out.

 

I saw him move from my peripheral vision. He took his wallet from his bag and opened it.

 

My eyes stretch its limit going sideways only eyeballs moving with my face facing front.  To my relief there is no picture.

 

*I am having a party inside right now*

 

Woo hoo... no picture of a girl!

 

But it still doesn’t mean that he has no girlfriend.

 

Okay... this guy is a sleep freak. I’ll wait until he is asleep and I will execute my plan... he he he.

.

.

.

 

It took him only a couple of minutes and there he is nodding off.

 

WOW.. this guy is amazing!

 

I poke his arm to test if he is really asleep.

 

*poke*

 

*poke*

 

He didn’t even move. I smiled... time to execute my mission.

 

I carefully open his bag in search for his cell phone. His bag is very organized, notebook pouches, wallet --everything is placed neatly.

 

I opened his wallet but found nothing interesting except for his picture tuck neatly under some receipt from a fast food restaurant. I ponder for a moment if I should take his picture as an evidence of the stupidity I am doing right now.

 

Since it’s mixed with some receipt that is dated a few years back I’m sure he wouldn’t notice if I take it. At least with me it will be treasured! 

 

I put his picture inside my back pack.

 

I rummage the inside of his bag looking for his cellphone.  I sigh in frustration. His phone is not in the bag!

 

Then i notice something sticking out from his pocket.

 

My eyes widen in excitement. It’s his cell phone!!

 

Dear God... you really love me don’t you? Thank you so much!

 

I gently took his phone and swipe the screen to unlock.

 

I shut my eyes praying deep... no phone lock please....Please....

 

When I open my eyes I was really happy to see the main screen.

 

No pass code!!

.

.

.

First thing to be checked is background photo.

 

His main screen shows only blue background and there is no picture of anyone.

 

Good!

 

Second check speed dial #1 and #2.

 

Speed Dial #1 – Eomma

 

Speed Dial #2 – Boss??

 

His boss is on speed dial number 2?! Seriously?!

 

But that’s good.

 

Third thing to check INBOX.

 

I know this is some sort of invasion of privacy but I don’t care... this is my future we are talking about and the future of  Mr. Headeset juniors so I know God will forgive me.

 

I opened his inbox and to my dismay I found it empty.

 

Okay... maybe sent items.

 

But it’s empty too.

 

Maybe he doesn’t text a lot?? Anyway I think that is still a good sign. A guy with a girlfriend always has a text message of his girlfriend right? This only proves that he doesn’t have a girlfriend!

 

*Firecrackers!!*

 

Okay.. enough of this..

 

I locked his phone again and returned it to his pocket.

 

My mission went on smoothly. I glance at him who is still sleeping beside me. He looks like an angel when he is asleep and he is so damn handsome.

 

“You’re my destiny right?” I whisper.

 

“Uhmmm...” I heard him mutter. My eyes widened. Is he awake??

 

I nervously pulled down my cap.

 

Maybe he is dreaming.

 

“Is that another sign? Oh my...” I clutch my chest..

 

 Oh Lord please... make him mine..T_T

 

 

********************

 

 

End of Chapter 2

 

That is it for chapter 2.. keke.. thank you to those who subscribe you always makes me happy!!

To:

Hanna2022 – congratulations you are the first subbie.. thank you my friend.. here’s the update.. keke

Laz_15 – thank you for always supporting me chingu.. I really love you! By the way.. thanks for the link of HS BTS I really enjoyed it!! About Yong’s POV no POV from him for now.. on the succeeding chapters maybe.. I don’t know yet when.. I’m really planning something for this fic.

Black-LoVE – I hate erts too!! Hehe… I love a mysterious Yong.. one hell of a prince he is!! I don’t know what came into my mind.. I think too much watching of HS BTS is taking a toll on my sanity.

Graeye82 – I don’t know what I will do if that happens to me.. haha..Maybe I won’t ride that bus again..

Anyway thank you for always supporting me chingu.. here’s the update as promised.

BOICELF – Here’s the next chappie chingu.. I hope you’ll like it.. ^__^

Sayafars – thank you for subscribing again.. here’s the next chapter.. ^__^

 

 

@anjellie_ka