CHAPTER 21 - REVELATION

BE MINE

 

CHAPTER 21:

 

[Note: I updated with 2 chapters so please go to chapter 20 if you didn't notice it ^^]

 

FLASHBACK:

 

 

“Yah!!….” the girl called. The older boy turned around.

 

 

“What now..I didn’t do anything to your wimpy friend.” He said with a smug and continued walking.

 

 

“I saw what you did.” the girl said. She grinned mightily then counted one to three mentally. Her smile grew even larger when the older boy turned around with a scared look.

 

 

“What do you mean you saw what I did??”  the girl walked towards the  boy her arms crossed on her chest. She stopped a few inches away from the boy.

 

 

“You sneak into the teachers’ office yesterday and took photos of the test papers.” Then she showed him her phone. She took a picture of him while he was busy taking pictures of the test papers. The boy’s face turned pale, he was about to grab the girls phone but the girl hid it behind her.

 

 

“Na-ah… even if you take my phone and delete it by force..I still have a copy of it at home. So.. you can’t do anything.” she smiled at him mockingly.

 

 

 

“What do you want??” he asked.

 

 

“I will not report this..but….”

 

 

“But what??”

 

 

“You and your friends should stop bullying Yong….”

 

 

“That wimp??” he smirked.

 

 

“He’s not a wimp. He just doesn’t like to fight.” The girl retorted.

 

 

“What are you? His girlfriend??”

 

 

“Not yet. So, are you taking my offer or not? Coz if not..tomorrow I will show this to the teachers. You will surely be kicked out of this school.” she threatened the boy.

 

 

“Are you threatening me?”

 

 

“No. I’m telling you what’s going to happen if you don’t stop bullying Yonghwa.” The girl said courageously.

 

 

The boy chuckled.

 

 

“Fine. I will stop bullying him… but what if I bully you instead.” He said.

 

 

“Oh no..you can’t bully me.” she grinned at him mockingly. She stepped forward and acted like kicking him. The boy immediately took a step back protecting his shin. With wide eyes he shouts…

 

 

“Yah!! The last time you kicked me the bruise lasted for 3 weeks. And it’s so damn painful!!” The girl just laughed at him. She walked closer to him and tapped him on the shoulder.

 

 

“See… you can’t bully me.” she said then she continued walking leaving him behind.

 

 

--------------------------------------------

 

 

“What’s this junk??” A loud booming voice echoed at the back yard of the school. Shinhye stopped to peek. There is the biggest bully. Joo Ji Hoon, his head bowed down and in front of him is a tall guy. He looks angry at him.

 

 

“Mian appa… I’ll do better next time.” Joo Ji Hoon answered tears are already threatening to fall from his eyes.

 

 

Oh so that’s his father. She mentally noted the resemblance.

 

 

“You should..there is no room in the company for idiots… you can’t rule a company when your grades are these low!!” the guy screamed.

 

 

She was shocked by the harsh words that Ji Hoon’s father said.  She suddenly felt pity towards the bully. She looked at him; he didn’t even lift up his head. He remained bowed down mumbling a series of sorry.

 

 

This might be the reason why he peeked at the test paper. He must be so desperate to please his father. She shook her head, ‘I am lucky I have wonderful parents.’ She thought.

 

 

The guy threw the paper at him and walked out without even looking back.

 

 

She felt the urge to console him. She walked quietly taking light steps so as not to disturb him. He was sitting on the pavement his head bowed on his knees. Shinhye removed her baseball cap and put it on him. He looked up at her.

 

 

“What are you doing here??” he asked.

 

 

“I happened to be passing by when I saw you crying.” she answered.

 

 

“I am not crying.” He defended wiping streaks of tears on his cheeks with the back of his hand.

 

 

“Yeah right….” she rolled her eyes at him. ‘I shouldn’t show pity on him.’ She thought. He’s the type of person who doesn’t like to be pitied. She picked up the paper that his father threw.

 

 

‘So ..it’s a letter inviting his father to come over because he is on top of the class.’

 

 

‘I don’t get it.. why is his father mad when his grades are these good?’ she was confused.

 

 

“You must be wondering why he’s still mad though I am on top of the class…” he smirked.

 

 

She nods.

 

 

He leaned back lying on the pavement placing his hands behind his neck.

 

 

“He wants me to be like him. Straight A’s, always on top of the class. He doesn’t like it when I get a grade lower than A…” he said staring at the sky. He’s still wearing her baseball cap.

 

 

She sat next to him.

 

 

“I eat nuts when I am studying. They said it makes your memory retention better. I also don’t stay up late when I study. You’ll forget it when you wake up in the morning. Try writing while saying the key words, it makes retention better. I have proven those techniques you can try it if you want.” She said. She doesn’t know why she’s giving him those tips or why she’s talking to him but one thing she’s sure. He’s not that bad after all. She glanced at him.

 

 

“Aren’t you afraid of me??” he asked.

 

 

“Why would I be??

 

 

He chuckled. He stood up dusting himself. He offered her his hand. She took it and he pulled her up.

 

 

“Thanks for the cap..I’ll be borrowing it for awhile.” He smiled at her. He turned around to leave, she just watch him. He was already far when he turned around and walked back towards her.

 

 

 

“What’s your name?” he asked her. OH THAT’s a FIRST.           

 

 

 

“Park Shinhye…” she answered.

 

 

 

“Why aren’t you respecting me?? I’m 2 years older than you… you should call me OPPA instead of YAH.”

 

 

 

Shinhye smiled at him. She crossed her arms on her chest then she said….

 

 

 

“I’ll think about that….”

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

YONGHWA’S POV:

 

 

It happened again. Damn. Why am I so weak? Why can’t I protect her? I let out a loud sigh and held her hand tightly. Though the doctor already told us that she’s fine except for some scratches and bruises.. I will not be at peace not unless she opens her eyes and smiles at me again.

 

 

I kissed the back of her hand. “Please wake up…” I whispered. Her fingers moved slightly. I darted my gaze to her face. Her brows are twitching.

 

 

“Shinhye..can you hear me? This is Yong..” I said. Dara and Jiyong rushed to her side when they heard me talking to her.

 

 

“Shinhye this is Dara… please wake up…” she begged already in tears. Jiyong rubbed Dara’s shoulder.

 

 

“She’s okay babe..don’t worry…” he said hugging her.

 

 

Shinhye’s eyes twitched and we’re all waiting for her to open her eyes. Slowly she opened them. We stared at her waiting for her to speak.

 

 

“Should we call the doctor??” Dara asked me.

 

 

“Wait… I’ll call the doctor.” Jiyong volunteered then he rushed outside.

 

 

Shinhye stared at me. I’m wondering what she’s thinking. I’m starting to get nervous…then she smiled sweetly. My heart almost melted at that moment.

 

 

“Are you okay??” I asked her holding her hand and squeezing it.

 

 

“Bol…….

 

 

 

mae…….

 

 

 

Jung…….” She muttered. I was surprised.

 

 

“I’m sorry??” I said.

 

 

“My bolmae Jung…” she smiled. I felt my whole body tremble. Can she remember everything already?

 

 

“Do you…. Do you remember me now??” I asked stuttering. Dara looked at me with a confused look but I ignore her. Shinhye nods. Oh my gahd….I felt my heart skipped a beat.

 

 

“Really??” I was very happy. I want to jump up and down at the moment.

 

“Oppa… your getting annoying…” she narrowed her eyes at me then she chuckled. Oh yes.. that’s really her! That’s her. They way her eyes narrow when she teases me and the way her lips curve slightly downward when she pouts is so her. That’s my Shinhye!!

 

 

“You’re even calling me oppa again…” I wasn’t able to control myself. I hugged her though I know that she’s still not good. I just need a few minutes. No… just a few seconds to welcome back my love. The person who almost forgot me but love found its way for us.

 

 

“You missed me that much??” she chuckled lightly patting me at the back.

 

 

I let go of her and cupped her cheeks. “I missed you terribly….” And I kissed her forehead long, savouring the moment.

 

 

She punched my chest lightly. “Tss….” She hissed.

 

 

 

“How did it happen??” I asked her.

 

 

 

“I don’t know too. The moment when I was about to get hit by the car, everything flashed before me. I stood frozen. There was this painful ringing in my ears again. And my headache was terrible. I heard someone calling my name then part by part I was able to remember our past…our childhood….me…. you…..and Jihoon oppa….” She explained. She still looks a bit confused but I’m guessing she’s starting to piece everything together.

 

 

 

“What’s happening here??” Dara asked. We both looked at her then we looked at each other. She looks really lost. How are we going to explain this? Shinhye cleared … “I’ll explain it to her…” she told me.

 

 

 

“Yong, Jihoon and I are friends since grade school. Jihoon oppa… who is a bully back then always bullies Yong. But Yong doesn’t like fighting back so whenever Jihoon bullies him he will just take it. I was his defender back then. I fight Jihoon. You should see how scared Jihoon oppa is to me.” She chuckled. I smiled that’s true. She’s very strong and no one can bully her. She was my protector. She’s always beside me during the time that I was a wimp. She always tells everyone that I am not a wimp that I am just kind and I don’t like to fight. She’s always my defender.

 

 

 

“Then… you had amnesia and forgot about them??” Dara asked.

 

 

 

“Yup…remember I told you.. I was involved in a bus accident back in highschool.”

 

 

Wait. Bus accident? “W-wait…did your mom tell you that it was a bus accident?” There is something wrong here. It’s not a bus accident. I’m sure of it. I was there. But why did her mom tell her that it was a bus accident?

 

 

 

“Yes.. I can’t still remember what exactly happened, maybe because it’s traumatic. My mom said that I was riding on a bus when suddenly the driver lost his brakes. Mom said that I was badly hurt that I need to be taken to the US for a surgery. She said a good guy sponsored my surgery…”

 

 

 

To the US? So that’s the reason why she and her family suddenly disappeared. I am lost here…does Jihoon know anything about this? I have to ask Jihoon. I know he knows everything.

 

 

 

 

“Oh… luckily Yong was able to find you when you go back from the US?” Dara giggled.

 

 

 

“Oh he’s my stalker…” Shinhye said proudly tugging my arm and hugging it. “Oh..I remember Jihoon oppa and you are still not talking to each other?? After all those years??”

 

 

 

“I…” I was speechless. How could I explain to Shinhye that since the accident the hatred in Jihoon’s heart grew even more? He hates me even before the accident. He hates the fact that I was born…and he’ll hate me until he dies.

 

 

 

“Oppa..”

 

 

 

“Uhmmm..you know him…” I said meekly.

 

 

 

“But he’s the president of the company now. How come he’s still mad at you??”

 

 

 

Dara suddenly butted in. “What do you mean by that??”        

 

 

 

Shinhye looked at her while I remain silent. “Yong is Jihoon’s half brother….”

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------

 

End of Chapter 22

 

 

A/N:

 

I know my updates are taking a bit too long these days. Blame it on me… I’ve been so lazy. Anyway I hope this two chaptered update will make it up..keke.. though I left you hanging there again. You know me..love yah guys…

 

 

The fic is nearing its end so please continue to support it. ^^

 

 

Shoutout:

 

@laz_15 – I know chingu… I KNOW YOU TOO WELL.. and I’m really shy because the update took a month again. Mian.. I’m really lazy but I hope this double update will make it up..keke.. updating this fic is really hard since I made such a complicated plot.. T_T i'll work harder I hope you like this update ^^

@Starlightflames – oh yes they have..they’re battling it out on who’s the sweetest couple haha ♥

@Emotionalstar – I hope this update answered your question a bit..hehe

@janeb10 – yes..but I’ll be your secret admirer too so its fair ^^ thank you for the hear warming comment that boosts up my energy.. im happy that you liked my fic.. kamsahamnida ^^

@ClumsyAngel – oh dear.. I want someone like YOnghwa too T_T

@kloyola – “Why did he said that Yong already stole Shinhye from him before?” – I hope youll get a hint from this update keke

@yonghye – uhmmm..what do you think?? Can u guess?? haha

@lagniappe – here’s a tiny bit of their past..keke

@pheihyun – hi PHEI from MISS A.. haha.. ou naman may iseselos pa yan..kita mo nga pati si Edward Cullen.

@xenamorio – aww..yes they are such cuties!!

@uilala – oh lets keep the yongshin spirit alive…fighting!!

@YongshinBOICE – perfect couples deserves a perfect love story ^^

@fishingfish – aww I really hate to make jihoon the bad guy..T_T

@dolphinwithhiccups – oh thank you so much.. I hope you like this update too ^^

 

 

GOT 100+ SUBBIES HOORAY!! ^^

 

@anjellie_ka