CHAPTER 20 - OPPA

BE MINE

 

CHAPTER 20

 

Shinhye’s POV:

 

I don’t know if I will be happy that he picked me up at home or I’ll be mad. Here I am again changing my clothes for the hundredth time. The moment he arrived and saw the dress that I was wearing he immediately freaked out. The dress that I wore didn’t pass his taste. He said it was too short and that we’re going to ride the bus.

 

I am seriously lamenting over the dress that he dismissed. That’s my favorite dress and it’s just above the knee… just 1 cm less above the knee. Just one cm less above the knee!! Oh I sound like a broken record.

 

I slumped on the bed. This is the first time that it took me eternity to get dressed. I went out earlier with a pair of blouse and skirt.. I wore a looooong skirt and I thought it will be okay. But…………………………….. he said the blouse is too thin. He said erts can see through my blouse. I checked myself in the mirror and I can’t see anything. Argghhh.... I know his conservativeness is cute…but this isn’t cute anymore! NOT CUTE ANYMORE. My room already looks like a mess. Clothes on the floor, dress thrown over the bed.

 

What shall I wear!!! My mind screamed. I run to my closet and checked for anything long and thick. Geeezz…  if he’s going to do this every day I will die! I spotted my faded blue skinny jeans and paired it with a loose off shoulder top with black spaghetti strapped top underneath.

 

I fixed myself in the mirror before I went out. I went straight to the living room but I didn’t find Yong then I heard laughter in the kitchen. That sounds like Yong. I went to the kitchen and there I saw Yong sitting on the chair while my mom places a bowl of rice in front of him.

 

“Eomeonie… everything looks delicious..” Yong said smiling at my mom. I gasped when I heard him calling my mom Eomeonie.

 

“Don’t be shy and eat as much as you want…” my mom replied. My mom looked up and saw me standing by the door. “Shinhye..why don’t you join Yonghwa here.. eat first before you go to the office” my mom said.

 

I happily walked towards the table and inhaled the scent of the food. My mom’s the best cook! “Hmmm…. Smells heavenly!!” I exclaimed.

 

“When your mom asked me to eat I immediately said yes.” Yong said.

 

I turned to him, “It seems like my mom likes you.” I said then I turned to my mom. My mom walked back to the table placing the bowl of soup on the middle. I sat next to Yong.

 

“He seemed to be a very nice guy.” My mom smiled at Yong like there is a conspiracy between them. Yong smiled too making me confused. I just left them for a few minutes and here they are acting like they’ve known each other for years.

 

“Why do I feel this strange feeling that you’re keeping something from me…” I narrowed my eyes at them. Like on cue, they both laughed.

 

“Oh dear… we’re not keeping anything from you…” my mom said.

 

“Yes, we’re not keeping anything from you.” Yong grinned at me.

 

LIAR.

 

THERE IS A CONSPIRACY HERE. I CAN FEEL IT!

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

Inside the bus, Yong kept on pulling the sleeves of my blouse up to cover the exposed part of my shoulders while I kept on pulling it down. He glared at me deadly then pulled it up again.

 

“ DON’T. PULL. IT. DOWN .’’ he said sternly emphasizing all the words. My shoulders slumped in defeat. Argghhh… this is frustrating!! I was mentally cursing him for being so old fashion, and conservative, and…..

 

“Don’t be mad at me…..please…” I felt his head on my shoulders while he hugs my waist. “I just don’t like it when other guys are looking at you…”

 

I suddenly felt my heart soften. Just simple gestures from him like this make me weak. I saw my anger flying outside the window. Bye…bye… I waved at it mentally. Who can be mad when he’s this cute?? Hoho….

 

I shrug my shoulders making his head bounce a little on my shoulder. “Tss…” I hissed. I placed my hand on the side of his head and played with his hair. “Don’t worry I won’t look at them…”

 

“You don’t get it… I am not worried about you… because I know that you love me and only me…” he said confidently.

 

“So confident huh…”

 

“Why am I wrong? Do you like somebody else other than me? Who’s that guy huh…” he suddenly bolted out. I laughed at him.

 

I took my wallet from my bag and showed him Edward Cullen’s picture. “He is your biggest rival, he’s Edward Cullen.” I . 

 

“Yah…why is there another man’s picture in your wallet when I am your boyfriend huh? Let me see that picture…” he snatched my wallet from me. He took a closer look at it then bashes it. His mouth was spouting 1000 words per minute. He was talking in an incomprehensible speed. He kept saying that he’s gay, that he’s too thin, that he’s NOT THAT HANDSOME AT ALL, that he’s too pale and that he’s eyes are too big. I found it really funny that I was just laughing my guts off. I’m already in tears and his facial expression isn’t helping at all. It’s so precious that I want to take a picture of him and frame it. He’s seriously bashing EDWARD CULLEN in front of me and in front of other people.

 

“Look..look… at his dark circles..aish… you seriously like this guy??” he removed the picture and put it inside his bag. He was fumbling inside his bag looking for something when he took out something and put it in my wallet.

 

He turned to me grinning. “This guy is way more handsome than that vampire….tada..” then he showed me my wallet with his picture in it.

 

I was laughing hard as I was looking at the picture… I took my wallet from him and raised it close to his face. “Hmmm.. this handsome guy looks kinda like you…” I said inspecting his face for resemblance.

 

“See…I told you that guy is more handsome than that vampire..” he smiled confidently and

 

“I believe you…aigoo….”

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

I am trembling as I am walking towards the office. I know there’s going to be a long heated talk and scolding from my boss. According to the guards there was a total commotion yesterday when he found out that I was missing. My gahd I wasn’t able to finish the papers that he told me to do. I am mentally preparing myself for an angry Joo Ji Hoon.

 

As soon as I enter the office I saw Dara standing in front of my table obviously waiting for me. When she saw me..she immediately dashed towards me. I have to prepare myself for her ranting.

 

“Park Shin Hye..where did you go?? Do you know how mad our president was? There were people who could’ve lost their job…you should’ve at least told me where you were going……………………………………………..” BLAH BLAH BLAH.

 

Nothing is sinking in my brain since she’s talking too fast. The only thing I understand was she’s going to tie me to her waist. I am used to Dara being like this since she’s older than me. She’s like a mother nagging me. Dara was in the middle of her monologue when I saw a familiar stoic face walking towards us. My heart is racing in fear I think I will die.

 

“Ms. Park.” He said.

 

Dara stood frozen and we both answered. “NE??”

 

“Ms. Park Shin Hye follow me in my office…” he didn’t even glanced at me. He walked back again to his office and I aimlessly followed like a zombie. Dara tug my shirt and looked at me. I know Dara is cursing me because of what I did…..she’s just scared for me.

 

Once were inside his office. He stood beside his chair his back facing me. I just stood there my head bowed down preparing the speech that I practiced last night.

 

“Can you see the paper bag on the table??” he said.

 

What?? My head shot up..paper bag?? I saw a paper bag with ribbon on top of his table.

 

“Take it… it’s yours. Sorry for throwing your phone.”

 

Sorry?? Did I just hear him say sorry?? This is the first time that I hear him say sorry. I am confused and I don’t know what to do. Should I take the phone?

 

He turned around to face me, “What are you waiting? You don’t like it? You want me to change it?” his tone was serious. I immediately took the bag from his table and thanked him while bowing nonstop. Seriously, this not what I expect to happen. “You can now go back to your t able and finish the papers that I told you to finish.”

 

“Eo… aren’t you going to fire me? Or… scold me?” I asked stupidly. I just can’t help it. He’s confusing me!!

 

“You’ll receive it later….” He said and with that he motioned me to leave his office as he sat on his chair.

 

I stared at him blankly, I was about to ask him what he meant by that but I opted not to. I immediately went out of his office before he changes his mind and scold me on the spot nonstop.

 

He’s really weird. Is it another bipolar episode of him? But this is way beyond his normal weirdness. OMG normal weirdness?? Is there such a thing like that?? Oh in Joo Ji Hoons small weird world, there is.

 

I was walking towards my table when from afar I can already see the humongous pile of paperwork on my table. I gasp when I saw it and hurriedly run towards it. My eyes almost bulged out of its socket, its height doubled from yesterday!! Shoot..this is what he meant by “You’ll receive it later”.

 

I dropped down on my chair, I’d rather receive a good scolding for 2 hours than do this paper works. The paper bag slipped from my hand and fell on the floor. Oh I forgot about the phone…I took it out of the bag to inspect it when a note fell down. I read it and it says “MY NUMBER ON SPEED DIAL ONE’’. What?? He’s on speed dial 1?? Why should he be in speed dial one?

 

I checked the phone and it looks exactly like my old phone the only difference is…it’s brand new. I open it and indeed his number is on speed dial 1. HE’S CRAZY was the first thing that entered my mind.

 

I placed the phone on top of my table. I was preparing to start working on the pile of work that he gave me when I saw Dara in front of my table. She shoves her phone in front of me.

 

“What??...” I asked.

 

She was grinning from ear to ear… “Explain that…” she shoved her phone closer to my face. I took her phone from her and what I saw there made me smile. I felt so giddy that I hugged Dara’s phone unmindfully. Dara leaned on my table narrowing her eyes at me. “What’s the meaning of that huh?”

 

I tried to hide my giddiness but the message was so sweet that I can’t go down from cloud nine. Yong texted Dara because he knows that still don’t have a phone and the message was….

 

            Dara-sshi…please tell my princess not to get too close to Ji Hoon. Tell her I’d get jealous      and please remind her to eat on time. Also please tell her that I am still thinking of her.   And most of all please tell her I LOVE HER.. Thank you.

 

“Yah..are you hiding something from me huh?? Tell me.. are you two already a couple?”

 

I just smiled at her as a response.

 

“OMO…” Dara exclaimed covering . “Eeeepp I am so happy for you your fairytale is starting to progress..” she said jumping from happiness. Aigoo..my bestfriend seems to be happier than me.

 

“I envy you PRINCESS…” she teased me.

 

“Ssssshhh..people might hear you…” I gave her phone back.

 

“Won’t you reply to him??”

 

“Nope..got a new phone…”

 

“WOW.. okay…” she stood up then pouted at me. “I wish Jiyong would call me princess too..”

 

“Isn’t baby enough for you??” I said in disbelief

 

“I want him to call me my baby princess….” She said dreamily clasping her hands together.

 

I rolled my eyes to her… “Ughhh..disgusting.” I acted vomiting then shooed her away.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

JOO JI HOON’s POV:

 

I know that giving her loads of work is unfair but there’s nothing I can do. I have to move now or else it will be too late again for me. Why do I always end up trailing behind Yonghwa? I was born brighter than him and stronger than him. But why am I the one who should work hard to get attention? To get the love that I want?

 

I sighed deeply, seems like being alone was my destiny. But I don’t give a crap about that. I am the one creating my own destiny. I was born and raised strong. I was born to win and not to lose and I will never lose against Yonghwa. Not with him.

 

I stood up from my chair and headed for the door. The last time I checked her she was still doing the task that I told her to do. I stood straight and walked confidently towards her station. Why are the lights already off? Can she work in the dark? Aish.. that girl…. I muttered and hastened my steps.

 

“Ms. Park…” I called out hoping she will answer but she didn’t.

 

“Ms. Park…” I called again almost running now after receiving no response.

 

“Shinhye…” I flicked on the light but found no one in the office. Her table is also empty. Where the hell is she?? Then I saw the elevator going down. Darn…she already left.

 

I run to the elevator and quickly pressed the button. I am mentally cursing myself for staying too long in the office. Now all my plans were ruined. The moment I reached ground floor I immediately dashed towards the exit only to find her with Yonghwa. Dara’s there too together with her boyfriend and they seemed to be having fun.

 

I felt pain again. My mind is clouded with anger, like an impulse I walked towards them and grabbed her wrist. I held it tightly and pulled her but she pulled it back.

 

“Yah!! What are you doing??” I heard her say. Yonghwa stepped forward and grabbed my hand.

 

“Jihoon..don’t be like this…” he said.

 

“Aren’t you contented on the things that you have? She’s the only one that I want and yet you’re taking her away from me too!!”

 

“Yah!! Stop this…” Shinhye screamed as she kept on pulling her hand. “What’s wrong with the two of you?!!” she exclaimed.

 

I didn’t let go of her hand.

 

“Hyung…please stop this…” Yonghwa said prying my hands off Shinhye. The vein in my head throbs upon hearing him call me hyung. My hands found its way to his collar.

 

 

“Don’t you ever call me hyung…” I said lifting him up in the air. A pair of hands grabbed my arm.

 

 

“Yah..what are you doing to him!! You have no right to do is….” Shinhye screamed. She kept hitting my arm but I didn’t let go of YOnghwa.

 

 

“If you do this..you think you’ll get her from me??” Yonghwa said staring straight at me. He didn’t do anything to free himself from me. Sandara rushed to Shinhye’s side, while her boyfriend went beside Yonghwa.

 

 

“Dude...you might be the boss but you have no right…” he said cockily.

 

 

“Ji..don’t worry I’m okay…” Yonghwa said glancing at the other guy.

 

 

“Hyung, don’t blame everything to me. It’s not my fault that I was born. Don’t blame all your mystery to me.”

 

 

 

“I told you don’t call me that…” I let go of his collar and punched his face making him fall to the ground. The other guy immediately went to his side to help him. I felt Shinhye let go of my arm and in a split second I felt my cheeks stinging in pain. Shinhye slapped me. My whole body was trembling as I face her.

 

 

 

“I quit. I’ll submit my resignation letter tomorrow.” There was anger in her eyes. And I felt my heart being torn into pieces. She immediately rushed to Yonghwa. I can’t lose like this. Not again.

 

 

 

Fear and anger clouded my brain and before I knew it. I was already dragging a screaming Shinhye. I crossed the street not caring it if it’s red or green. She kept on struggling but I held her firmly. I’m screwed I know. We were already on the other side of the street when I screamed in pain.

 

 

 

Damn it..she bit me!! I let go of her hand. The moment I let go of her she run crossing the street. I forgot about the stinging pain on my arm. The traffic light already turned red!! I run after her.. the scene in the past is like replaying in front of me. I won’t let anything happen to her again.

 

 

 

A car passed in front of her making her stop. But another car is already approaching her. I saw her eyes widened but she still stayed rooted on her spot. Damn it…RUN RUN!! My mind was screaming and my heart pounding hard against my chest.

 

 

 

“Shinhye…..!!”  I screamed, she looked at me. There was a confused look in her eyes. She covered her ears and started screaming.  I doubled my speed and hugged her before the car hit her. Our body flew as I felt the car hit us. I kept her in my arms, protecting her. This is the only thing I can do.

 

 

 

We landed hard on the cement. I heard people screaming, I glanced at her in my arms. “Are you okay??...” I asked, barely conscious. I’m still holding on my last ounce of consciousness. She opened her eyes… and there’s the confused look again on her face. She touched my cheeks.

 

 

 

“Oppa…??” she whispered then everything went blank.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------

 

 

End of Chapter 20

 

A/N:

 

I know there are a lot of….????????? Then go to the next chapter. Haha XD