CHAPTER 24 - GAINING WHAT YOU LOST

BE MINE

CHAPTER 24:

 

‘‘Huh, who told you I am going to give you the company?’’ the guy said. Jihoon stared at him dumbfounded his hand trembling in mine.

 

 

‘‘You’re not my real son so don’t even think about it.’’

 

 

What?!!!

 

 

 I felt Jihoon stiffened beside me. I look at him worriedly. His shoulders are slumped, his body shaking as he stares at the person he calls father.

 

 

“Father…” he muttered, his voice trembling. “I know you’re mad but…”

 

 

“No Jihoon,” suddenly his father’s voice softened maybe realizing what he just said. He sighed as he runs his hand through his hair, frustration evident in his face.

 

 

No one spoke. I found myself deeply worried on Jihoon. He tried hard to prove to his father that he’s worthy. That he’s the best. I saw him strive and fall and rise up again. His sleepless nights studying even including Yong and I.  Is this all that he will get? Why is life so unfair to him?

 

His mom died long ago, leaving him alone. It took god-knows-how-long before he was able to get through despair and here is his father throwing another fit of misfortune at him.

 

 

A deafening silence ensued. I clasped Jihoon’s hand enclosing it to mine. I rub the back of it assuring him that I am beside him.

 

 

He didn’t budge but a tear fell from his eyes. As it continuously flows, I felt my heart being pierced by thousands of needles. He’s quietly sobbing, even at this time he doesn’t want to show any kind of weakness, especially, in front of his father.

 

 

“Mom…” Jihoon croaked in between sobs. “Mom is my real mother right? She’s my real mother right?” he looked up at his dad with expecting eyes.

 

 

His father let out a loud sigh before he spoke.

 

 

“You’re mom… she can never have a child. She had miscarriage twice causing permanent damage to her uterus. We adopted you coz my parents wants us to have a child. They want a successor for the company. The share holders cannot know we can’t have a child or else those power-hungry crocodiles would definitely want to take over the company.”

 

 

His father’s tone changed a bit after the confession. Maybe he doesn’t want to tell the truth to Jihoon but he was forced due to his emotions. But still, he was never a good father to Jihoon.

 

 

"All this time, I am working for nothing. All the goals that I set, all the hardships that I went through, it's all for nothing. Do you hate me that much dad?? Do you hate me that much? You want me to suffer then after all my suffering you will just give the company to Yonghwa?! Even at the beginning you never thought of giving me the company. I am just an accessory as you work your way on giving the company to Yonghwa, your real son."

 

 

As words of hate came out of Jihoon's mouth, his father just stay rooted on his spot. Not daring to utter any word. He must be guilty coz everything that Jihoon have said was true. 

 

 

“I will…. I am willing to give up the company to Yong.” Jihoon suddenly said.

 

 

………….

 

 

What??

 

 

“I am willing to give up the years that I wasted trying to be the perfect son. I am willing to give it all up.” He continued staring straight to his father.

 

 

“I can give up anything, everything. Just let me… just let me be with the person I love.” Jihoon suddenly pulled me closer to him. He raised up his shaking hands to cup my cheeks.

 

 

“I’m sorry…” he said. Why is he saying sorry? Why is he….

 

 

……….

 

 

Before I could even respond and ask him why he’s saying sorry, he crashed his lips on mine. Shock paralyzed my body. I want to push him away but my hands felt so weak that it just lay dangling on my side.

 

 

I can’t even think properly. My eyes are wide open, I felt him move his lips but I just stood rigidly. A tear fell from eye.

 

 

“Yah!!! Hyung…what are you doing??” I felt being snatched away. In front of me is a raging Yonghwa. I tried to speak and explain but there seems to be a lump in my throat.

 

 

“Yong…” I croaked, not completely sure what to say or how to start explaining that what he saw isn’t right.

 

 

“I…. I trusted you.” He said. It broke my heart. It’s not what you think it is. I wanted to scream that to him but my stupid mouth just won’t move.

 

 

“Yonghwa…son…. Just let them be. You deserve a better woman.” His father said. What am I, a piece of trash to him?? I felt my knees getting weak as tears threatening to fall from my eyes. I wanted to cry but I held it in.

 

 

“No, I only want Shin hye and Shin hye alone. I won’t give her to hyung. You cannot tell me to give her to hyung!!” he screamed, his face red from anger. I was shocked. I have never seen Yong this mad. I have never heard him scream and be this selfish.

 

 

“Yong…” I tried to speak again but he grabbed my hand.

 

 

“Let’s go….” He said firmly dragging me away from his father and Jihoon. I struggled as I half run half walk beside him. Jihoon followed us shouting from behind. Yong's walking too fast and his clasping my wrist too tightly. It hurts. But the pain in my heart is more painful.

 

 

Doesn’t he trust me enough? He didn’t even listen to my explanation! He crossed the street half dragging me. I wiggled my wrist free and screamed.

 

 

“Let go of me!!”

 

 

He stopped on his track and I yanked my hand back. He turned to face me. Earning curious glances from people passing by crossing the street I said.

 

“It’s not what you think…” I said softly. I love this guy too much that I can’t even get mad at him. He saw Jihoon kissing me, it normally will cause this reaction. I understand why he got mad and suddenly flipped out. The normally shy and happy person, Jung Yonghwa just screamed and got mad.

 

 

I felt honored to be receiving such love from this person.

 

 

“Don’t you trust me??” I said.

 

 

“I do… I trust you but…”

 

 

 

……….

 

Green light.

 

 

The cars started moving. We heard loud honks coming from the cars passing by; some even cursing to get the hell out of the street but it’s not the main concern now.

 

 

“I’m sorry…” he said sincerely. “I went insane when I saw him kissing you.” Through the buzzing city sound of the cars and all, I heard him apologize. He’s still my sweet and gentle Yonghwa.

 

 

I smiled but before I could even finish composing what I’m about to say I saw a car in full hazard running towards Yong. Yong saw it and he stood frozen on his spot. Yah!! What do you think you’re doing?! My mind screamed.

 

 

Everything happened so fast. In a blink of an eye I found myself pushing Yong out of the way but too late for me.

 

“STOP!!!” Yong screamed.

 

*crash*

 

Screaming people.

 

Screeching tires.

 

I saw my limp body flying, hitting the wind shield then rolling on the hood of the car down to the pavement.

 

“Shin-hye!!!’’ someone screamed. I don’t know who. My head is spinning.. I need to close my eyes.

 

.

.

.

……

 

---------------------------

 

I opened my eyes to the familiar sent of antiseptics and medicines. Dimly lit room welcomed my eyes. With only a single lamp shade beside my bed to eluminate the room I saw Dara crying at the foot of the bed, my mom on the right side with my dad patting her back and Yonghwa on my left holding my hand tightly.

 

 

“Shin-hye…waaaa..” Dara came rushing towards me with puffy eyes and tear streaked cheeks. She hugged me and continued crying. I patted her back.

 

 

“Yah..why are you crying I’m still alive.” I said smiling a little.

 

 

“I saw you.. lying on the floor. I thought something bad happened and you’re not waking up no matter how hard I try.” She continues to sob on my chest.

 

 

“Ahh… I fainted again..that’s normal.” I tried to console her. My best friend is such a cry baby. 

 

 

I felt my left hand being squeezed. I look at Yong’s direction. I bet he didn’t let go of my hand as he sat by my side.

 

 

“I’m fine.” I said without waiting for him to ask. I know by the look in his eyes that, that’s what he want to ask.

 

 

“Good.” He said kissing the back of my hand and rubbing it to keep it warm. 

 

 

“Do you…. Do you happen to remember everything now?” Jihoon’s voice suddenly rang in the room. He’s leaning on the wall beside the window with his hands deep in his pockets.

 

 

He walked towards me and repeated his question.

 

 

“Do you…. Do you happen to remember everything now? How you had the accident.” He pressed the question. I looked away from him and focused my eyes in the ceiling. I shut my eyes tightly trying to wash away the sad thoughts. This is the time when I regret getting back what I lost. 

 

 

It happened so fast. The memories.. they came rushing towards me. I knew it, something was still missing and now that I found it I feel like regretting that I still need to face the truth.

 

 

“Don’t ask her questions like that.. can’t you see, she’s still weak.” Yong said obviously trying to stop himself from punching Jihoon straight in the face.

 

 

Jihoon, why did he become this cold? I thought I was able to bring out the real Jihoon out of slumber when I befriended him. But what happened?

 

 

I can only remember the real cause of accident, after that.. all I can remember is me waking up in a hospital in the U.S.

 

 

I squeezed Yong’s shaking hands in mine. He looked at me and I smiled. It’s fine. I whispered. I looked back at Jihoon.

 

 

“Yes I can remember fully the accident and everything before that.” I said. I can feel Yong staring at me but I didn’t look at him. “I remember it fully well.. but I think my parents has some explaining to do.”

 

 

I switched my gaze from Jihoon to my mom and dad on my right side.

 

 

“Mom… we don’t have money. How were you able to send me to U.S for treatment?”

 

 

All of them darted their gaze to my mom who started sobbing. I think I already have an idea why mom kept it from me and why she and dad took me away from Yong and Jihoon. Leaving without saying anything and making me live with false belief that I had a bus accident.

 

 

My father patted my mom’s back.”It’s my fault, if only I was financially stable at that time I would have the money and the capability to send you to U.S for treatment.” My father started his voice full of regret.

 

 

“You were in comma for weeks and the doctor said that the bleeding in your brain was worsening. They said it’s better if you’ll be treated abroad. Your dad and I don’t know what to do. Our business at that time is not going well. Then… Jihoon and Yong’s father came one day in the hospital.”

 

 

By the mention of their father Yong’s hand in mine trembled.

 

 

“He told us he can finance your treatment abroad. But in one condition.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“We must hide you from Yonghwa and Jihoon.” My father continued. I knew this is what happened. Their father will never accept me. He finds me as a threat to his company. 

 

 

Yonghwa tugged my hand and buried his face on it. I can sense that he is blaming himself for everything.

 

 

"That old hag. He really wants to ruin the life of all the people around him." Jihoon muttered under his breath followed by a series of cussing.

 

 

"I'm so sorry... it's my fault why you had an accident. It's also my fault that my father...."

 

 

"Shhhhhh..." i hushed him from further owning all the merits of my bad luck. Yes, I find it a bad luck that a car lost it's break while we were in the middle of the road. I also find it unfortunate that his father is the owner of one of the biggest company in Korea. Too bad I lost my memory after the accident. But no matter how many bad luck life threw at me.  I was still able to get back what I lost. The people, the life and the love that I lost.

 

 

I patted his head with my free hand.

 

 

"Aigooo... stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault." 

 

 

"How come it's not his fault??" Jihoon's loud voice echoed in the room. It's obvious that he still hates Yong. He must've blamed Yong for everything. Sheesh.. i thought I was able to tame this stray cat. But I guess he went back with his old ways. The gloomy, snob Joo Ji Hoon.

 

 

"Oppa...." I started.

 

 

"No." he cut me off then walked out of the room. I sighed.

 

 

"I'll follow him and talk to him." I said and rose from the bed. Yong took my IV stand but I snatched it from him. "It's better if it's just me." I said. 

 

 

"But you just woke up...'' he said.

 

 

"I had enough rest when I was sleeping."  I smiled and tapped his cheeks. "I'll be fine,don't worry."

 

 

----------------------------------------

 

I found Jihoon sitting at the lobby of the hospital. I know him well. I know he will not leave the hospital not until he is sure that I am fine. I hastened my footstep still concious of my not so well sense of balance since I just woke up.

 

 

I stood in front of him and waited for him to look up.

 

 

"Yah!!! Who told you to go out. You just woke up and here you are parading in the lobby" he immediately screamed at me when he saw me. He screamed so loud that I need to cover my ears or I'll end up deaf.

 

 

"Why do you always need to scream?!!" I scoffed at him.

 

 

"That Jung Yonghwa... how dare him allow you to go out at that state?" 

 

 

"Why do you keep on blaming Yonghwa? You know how stubborn I am. YOu know he can't stop me when I already made up my mind." 

 

 

"Sheeesshh... talking to you is point less." he let out an exasperated sigh while running his hands through his hair. He sat back down on the bench propping his elbows on his knees and burrying his face on his palm.

 

 

*silence*

 

 

The stray cat that I tamed. Too bad he went back to his old ways. I want my sweet cuddly kitten back. He might look like a tiger outside, but deep inside he's as fragile as a kitten. He's like a lost kitten that needs to be taken care of. I sat beside him and hugged him. 

 

 

"Oppa... stop being like this. Stop pushing other people away from you. YOu'll end up hurt if you continue this." tears started to roll down on my cheeks as I burry my face on his shoulders.

 

 

"But all I need is you."

 

 

"NO. You can't hold on to me. You know I can't accept what you're offering." 

 

 

"I thought... I can keep you for myself. I thought... if I keep you from Yonghwa you will fall in love with me. But he still found you and still you loved him. Even though you lost all your memories you still loved him. How can I compete with that?"

 

 

"You don't need to compete with that. You are not in love with me. YOu are just obsessed in the fact that you love me. It's time for you to open your heart to someone else and stop pushing away the person that loves you the most.''

 

 

"The person that loves me the most?" He looked at me eyes quivering. I nod.

 

 

"When Yong found out that you're his half brother, he immediately told me about it. He found out first before you that the two of you are half brothers. He was really happy at that time. Though you bully him. He doesn't fight back because you're his brother. He looks up to you. He's proud that his brother is a genius. When the three of us became friends he was the happiest. He even planned out the things that the two of you can do. He was happy when finally you accepted him as a brother and allowed him to call you HYUNG. It's all in his little diary. It's funny how both of you keeps a diary." I chuckled.

 

 

"You read his diary too?? Well.. that is not the point now but still... you did read OUR diary." he narrowed his eyes at me.

 

 

"Hey.. I didn't read your diary. It just happened that you left if open on your desk. And well.. Yong's diary.. uhmmmmm.. I..." i stammer as I think of a good excuse. I was young at that time and very naughty. I cant help but poke on Yong's precious diary that he kept on hiding from me at that time

 

 

Jihoon continues to stare at me, "Forget it... don't plead your case on me. I won't believe you." he said.

 

 

What the?? Wait!!

 

 

He stood up and shoved his hands in his pockets. 

 

 

"I'll be leaving now. I need some fresh air. I need to unwind because you're stressing me out." he said.

 

 

"What?? What do you mean I'm stressing you out??"  he was already walking away from me when I was able to react. Sheesh.. "I hate you!!" I screamed but he just waved me off. I stare at his retreating back and held on the tears that is threatening to fall from my eyes.

 

 

'Until the end you still want to look cool even though you're deeply hurt.'  I mutter under my breath. 'How can I give my heart to you when it's not with me in the first place? Yong has it... I already gave him my heart the moment I met him.

 

---------------------------------

 

END OF CHAPTER 24

 

One more chapter to go guys. I will really miss this fic. Don't worry I will post the next chappie either tomorrow or on thursday. I really intend to make it a double update and end it today but i need time for the last part.

Anyway.. my lovely dooleys.. i hope you liked this.

 

TO MY PRECIOUS SUBBIES::

 

|@laz_15 waaaaa,,, if I have known you were there i would meet you. TT___TT too bad i wasn't able to meet you there. Anyways its a good feeling that we were in the same venue. LOL.. This comment is a novel again chinggu.. i cant >,< i feels so undeserving since I am a very lazy writer.. i will update this faster for you chingu ^^
 
And yeah.. Jonghyun is a charmer!! I agree.. I love Jungshin but i kept taking pictures of him ^^ keke.. and the video, the sound quality is not that good coz the speakers are right in front of us. Be sure to lower down the volume when you watch it ne?? I'm worried about your ears.. keke
 
Love yah chingu..till next time ?
 
|@xenamorio I can feel you.. I isn't it good to see a bit of cuteness from Jihoon? keke
 
|@cutesilverlinin - He is a nice person just a bit cracked up in the core.. keke
 
|@lyanssinz - I'm sad to end this too.. it's been a year already T^T
 
|@hazell-cian-qu - Thanks a lot for the encouragment.. one more chap to go.
 
@imene18mina - they are really cute.. i agree ^^
 
|@Bebot7794 - I'm sorry for being a naughty author. I'm trying to be the nicest one but I can't >,< LOL.. Thank you for reading my fic ^^
 
|@zangsia1 wow thank you for taking time to read my story. Kamsaheyo (__)
 
 
|@Heartstringsinheart - I'm sorry it took me a month to update T^T
 
|@Geanstrowbs100 - updated dear ^^
 
 
 
 
DONT FORGET TO UPVOTE ^^
IF ALL OF THE SUBBIES WILL UPVOTE IT I WILL BE HAPPY...... ♥
 
 
 
@anjellie_ka