CHAPTER 14

BE MINE

CHAPTER 14

 

SHINHYE’S POV:

I can’t remove the strange fight between my boss and Yong a few days ago in my head.

I tried to ask Yong but he said that it has something to do with the past.

The root of it seems to be very deep that they still carry the grudge up until now.

I didn’t have the guts to ask Yong more about it coz it seems like he doesn’t want to talk about it.

I can feel the pain in his eyes that it also melts my heart seeing him like that.

What I can’t understand is why Joo Ji Hoon pulled me away from Yong.

That boss of mine really has something going on in his brain.

The strange exchange of words between the two of them, I don’t know why but I have a feeling that I am involved.

 

“Shinhye…..” I heard Dara’s voice.

“Uhmmm…” I muttered without looking at her.

“You wanna join me and Ji tonight for dinner??”

“I don’t want to be a chaperone to the two of you, so…. NO.” I answered nonchalantly.

“Ji  said that YOOOOOONG’S coming too…..”

I quickly turned around to face her.

I know that she purposely extended and emphasized YONG’s name.

She was smiling cunningly at me like she’s expecting my reaction.

“So..is your answer still NO??” she smiled brightly to me.

Aish.. I am not in the mood for some of their disgusting lovey dovey but the fact that Yong agreed to go with them makes me excited instantly.

I hate to accept this but this sly bestfriend of mine by the name of Dara really knows my weakness.

 

 

“Fine.” I answered and started packing my things.

“Really??”

“Yes.”

“Yipeeeeeee…” she jumped out of happiness.

Yah…Dara why are you so happy??

Oh I forgot….. it’s her dream to go on a double date with me and my boyfriend.

The only thing is…. YONG STILL ISN’T MY BOYFRIEND!

 

 

 

 

“Yah..Dara… are you sure I look fine?” I asked Dara again while walking towards the restaurant that Ji told us.

After agreeing with the double date she didn’t give me the chance to touch up my make up because she said that she’s excited to see Ji.

My gahd..they only saw it each other yesterday but it seems like it’s decades already for them.

“For the hundredth time Shinhye you look perfectly fine! Your fab…don’t worry…” she said pulling me from my wrist.

“Tss.. this all of a sudden date is stressing me out…”

“Don’t worry Yong still likes you even in your ahjumma clothes way back in college…”

I pulled Dara back making her topple on her heels.

“Yah!” she screamed.

“What do you mean ahjumma clothes??”

She bit her lower lip, “Oh dear…sorry..the picture that Ji showed him is our picture in college… the time where you still wear your ahjumma clothes.”

What?!!!!

I felt the world dawned on me for the nth time since my existence in this world.

Why does my poor existence have to be like this??

How could Ji have such a picture that was dated Jurassic years ago? I thought I already eliminated all the traces of my ahjumma days.

“Hhhhow..could he possibly have that picture….” I stammered.

She grinned at me, “That’s the only picture of you that he has at that time…so that’s what he showed him.”

I felt the whole world spinning again.

Why do I have to live my life in embarrassment?

Why??

Have I done something bad in my past life for my life to be this miserable??

 

“Shinhye….” I heard her calling my name.

“I hate you…” was all that I can say.

“Ahh..don’t be like that…”

“I hate you…”

“He still liked you even though you look like an ahjumma that time…”

I darted deadly glare to her, “I SOOOOO HATE YOU!!!”

She went beside me and tugged my arms, “Tss… what’s wrong with that picture?? You’re still beautiful even though you wear those weird looking big shirts and pants at that time and he liked you immediately the moment he saw it….”

……

I didn’t respond.

She pouted at me thinking that her charms will work on me.

Na-ah… not on me Dara.

“Shinnie….”

I folded my arms in front of my chest.

“Mianhe…..” she pleaded putting her palms together in front of me.

She gave me a pleading look.

I raised an eyebrow at her examining her face.

She pouted more.

“Yah!! Sandara Park! You can use that with Kwon Ji Yong but not on me…it won’t work…”

She stomped her feet, “Yah! Park Shin Hye…. Don’t ruin this night by throwing tantrums over some picture…”

“What?? I am throwing tantrums??”

“Yes you are…”

“No I am not.”

“Oh yes…you are!”

I turned my back on her.

We do get to some petty fights like normal friends do. She would always piss me and in the end she would always say sorry.

I heard her let out a loud sigh before she went beside me and laced her arms to mine.

“Aish… you baby… I’m really sorry if we showed that picture to him.. Ji doesn’t have any alternatives at that time… forgive me please??”

She batted her eyelashes at me.

Yeah we would always fight but in the end she would always say sorry and I am still the winner.

She just loves me so bad. Keke

“You owe me one…. And I won’t take an ice cream for this arasso??”

“Tsss…. You always do this to me you know that?? Arasso..arasso…”

I smiled to her.

“Let’s go..our boys are waiting…”

“That’s my girl!!” she cheered.

 

 

 

 

Ji Yong immediately waved the moment he saw us enter the restaurant.

I saw them seating beside the window, Yong turned around and smiled at me.

I suddenly felt conscious of my appearance.

I tucked gently a loose strand of hair behind my ear to hide my uneasiness.

“Babe…” I heard Dara exclaimed before she sprinted towards Ji.

Aish..these two..They make me cringe in disgust.

Can’t they be a little more discreet towards their affection for each other??

Ji quickly hugged her tight, “I missed you babe.”

“Me too…” Dara answered.

Ji let go of Dara and gave her a quick peck on the lips before he looked up to me.

Oh that’s great do they really have to do that in front of us?

“Hi Shinhye…” he greeted.

“Hi Ji..long time no see…”

“Yeah… you look amazing today… but my baby girl looks more stunning…” he looked down at Dara who is grinning like a madman at him.

Seriously?? This is why I hate going out with this two lovesick people!

Argghh…

“Shinhye…” Yong stood up and went beside me.

“Hi….”

“How are you feeling?? Do you still suffer from headaches?” he asked worriedly.

“I’m feeling better now…” 

“Yeah Shin hye…why are you having headaches again??” Dara asked.

“I don’t know too…maybe I should take my medicines again…” I meekly replied.

“Did you tell this to your mom??” she asked again.

“No..it’s just an occasional headache..maybe due to stress…no need to tell her and you know how I hate taking my medicines…”

“That could be something serious…” Ji said that earned him and elbow on the ribs from Dara.

“Aww babe..that hurts…” he grimaced.

“That’s a bad joke…” she eyed him.

“Sorry….” he told me.

“Aish..let’s not talk about this..I’m fine and I am feeling great.” I said cheerily.

“Yeah..let’s enjoy this night” Ji said in glee.

Yong pulled the chair for me beside him while Ji did the same thing to Dara.

“I’m happy to see you again…” Yong whispered.

I blushed.

“I really don’t want to go because of these two lovesick people but since you will come I agreed.’’

I saw him smile from the corner of my eyes.

“They look cute..” he said.

“You call that cute??..”

I look up to see the love birds in front of us chatting ecstatically like they haven’t seen each other for ages.

Ji’s arm is wrapped around Dara’s shoulders while looking at the latter with sparkling eyes listening to her stories.

This is just so awkward for me and Yong.

“That isn’t cute…” I whispered to him to which he just chuckled.

“Ehem…” I cleared my throat to remind them that we’re still with them.

They both looked up to us.

“Oh sorry…we just missed each other…” Ji said.

“Why don’t we order now? I’m starving…” Yong said.

“That’s a good idea!!” Dara chimed.

 

 

We were all busy choosing our orders from the menu book when Yong whispered again.

“I forgot to say… you look stunning tonight…”

I felt my ears get warm as my cheeks burn.

I covered my face with the menu book that I am holding then I remember my college picture that he saw.

Argghh… I can’t help but feel embarrassed.

I was deep in my thoughts when I heard something buzzed.

Buzz.

Buzz.

Buzz.

Something is vibrating inside my bag.

I took out my phone and looked at who is calling.

>>010-2456-2445<<

 

An unknown number is flashing on my screen.

I quickly ended the call.

I have this habit of not answering calls when the phone number is not registered in my phone book.

I put my phone back in my bag when suddenly it beeped.

I took it out again to check who texted.

 

>>You cancelled your boss’s phone call? This is Joo Ji Hoon if you don’t know my number. Go to Lights and Music Bar in Hongdae now and don’t dare bring Yong Hwa with you.<<

 

My eyes widened upon seeing it.

Of all people... JOO JI HOON?!!

What am I?? Your slave??

This isn’t part of my job!!

My phone beeped again.

 

>>You know very well what I can do Ms. Park.<<

 

He texted again.

Demmit.. I sensed he’s going to threaten me.

 

“What’s wrong??” Yong asked sensing my uneasiness.

I quickly shoved my phone back in my bag.

“Nothing..” I smiled nervously.

“Are you sure??”

“Yes.”

My phone beeped again.

Darn.

 

                >>NOW Ms. Park.<<

 

I felt my hand enclosing my phone squeezing it hard that I can almost crush it.

He’s draining all the patience that I have!!

What should I do now??

If I leave now, Yong will surely wonder why I would be leaving. He would surely ask me questions and I would surely confess that the jerk texted me.

He will surely stop me from going and tomorrow definitely I don’t have a job.

Damn.

Why is everything hard for me?

I have one option though.

Leave without telling them.

But can I leave Yong?? T_T

My job is on the line here.

You have to make a decision now Shinhye.

I felt my phone vibrated again.

Damn that impatient bast*rd!

 

“Uhmmm.. I’ll just go to the wash room…” I found myself saying.

Yong eyed me.

“Sure would you like me to go you?” asked Dara.

“NO.” I quickly answered.

I glanced at Yong beside me

“I….I can go alone..what am I 10 years old??” I forced a laugh.

I pick up my bag and quickly walked away from the table and towards the wash room.

Phew.

That was close.

Now let’s deal with you Joo Ji Hoon.

What entered your polluted, twisted head this time?

 

 

------------------------------

End of Chapter 14

 

What is Joo Ji Hoon planning now?? Waaaahh..

cute-bear-2-022.gif

Wait for the next update neh?? keke

 

Shoutout:

@laz_15 – I wasn’t able to post it yesterday.. mian again chingu cute-bear-2-021.gif

@sayafars – noooo..chingu don’t die!! Waha..hears the update ^^

@kloyola – it will be revealed soon chingu!! Kekeke

@pheihyun – here’s the babe moment… haha..natatawa talaga ko sa DARAGON couple ko..waah… haha..ganyan ko kayo ka love di ko ginagawa to sa ibang fic ko..whaha

@yong9922 – there certainly is a weird thing going on..keke…

@DB_Yonghwa – aiyoo… I will reveal more in the succeeding chapters..keke

@Starlight_Flames – my crazy brain made that up.. booyah..

@livelovelifeah – I’m happy that the NHS is free… but even if its for free don’t get admitted!! Keke

@xenamorio – hmm..it’s kinda like that…keke..

@cheryizumi – woot woot..thank you so much!! Love you too chingu!! ^^

 

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE PLEASE?

THANK YOU

cute-bear-2-020.gif

@anjellie_ka