CHAPTER 6

BE MINE

Note: I was in a rush to post this so there could be a lot of errors. MIANHE....

 

CHAPTER 6

 

“Shin hye....”

“Shin hye...”

“Shin hye!!!”

“Uhmmm??” I answered still in a trance.

“What’s happening to you?? You’re like a zombie since this morning!” Dara exhaled loudly –frustrated.

I clutched my phone close to my chest and swivelled my chair to face her.

“I am in love,” I said dreamily.

“You are what??”

“I am in love...” I repeated.

Dara clasped his forehead, “This is about Mr. Headband again right??”

I scrunched my eyebrows, “How low is your IQ? It’s not Headband.. it’s Headset.. headset... H E A D S E T... headset.” I spelled it to her quite annoyed. “...and he is not Mr. Headset anymore.. he is Yong..” the word YONG came out of my mouth beautifully. Articulating every syllable of it, well it’s just one syllable but I don’t care.

“I know... I just like calling him headband,” she crossed her arms on her chest. “So, it’s YOOOONG now huh...” she continues extending YONG to emphasize it. “......what’s new with your Prince Charming?”

Automatically a smile crept on my face by the mere mention of Prince Charming.

 I looked again at my phone a bigger and wider smile flashed on my face.

Dara looked at me like I am nuts.

I showed her my phone.... I watched her facial expression as she reads the message, but all I got was a raised eyebrow from her.

“Good morning??” she read it aloud with a confused look.

I exhaled loudly, “Look at the sender...” I command her and shove the phone closer to her face.

Her eyes widened and a loud shriek came out of .

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh”

I covered my ears; seriously I am lucky I am still not deaf as of today.

“Shin hye....how did you manage to get his number??” she asked excitedly.

“Nah ah...” I wiggle my index finger at her. “Excuse me... it’s not me who asked for his number... it is him who asked for my number.” I corrected her.

“Oooh.... chincha?? How did it happen?? When did it happen??”

“Slow down... I’m going to tell you every detail,” I squealed. “It happened yesterday....”

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Shin hye... shin hye...” I was awakened by a beautiful voice calling my name.

I opened my eyes only to find myself hugging a man’s arm.

My eyes widened then I look up at the person who owns the arm.

It is Yong Hwa!

I quickly let go of his arm and nervously fixed myself.

What the... I didn’t know that I fell asleep.

“I think your house is after the fourth station right?” he asked.

“Uh... ne...” I nodded without looking at him.

But wait... fourth station?? I look out of the window.

We just passed the fourth station and his station is the third station. Why is he still here?

I immediately looked at him.

“Uhmmm.. your station is the third station right?” I asked.

“Yes...” he smiled.

“Oh my....you already passed your station!” I exclaimed.

He smiled wider, “You were sleeping soundly that’s why I didn’t wake you up... you looked so tired.”

I blushed and I hid it by bowing my head.

“I’m sorry... I’m really sorry... I didn’t know that I fell asleep....” I mumble.

“Oh no...don’t be sorry...if you were awake I would’ve done the same thing.”

I raised my head.

“What do you mean?” I asked confused.

He smiled to me, “I intend to accompany you home.. since it’s already late and it would be dangerous for a woman like you.”

I felt my lips formed a tiny smile.

Inner me screamed! Fireworks... confetti!! Woohoo... Happiness overload!!

I bowed again to hide my face, because I know that I can’t hide the big smile that just formed on my face.

Inside me I was squealing like a high school girl.

“Thank you,” I muttered. That was all that I can say. My head is already preoccupied with a lot of things to even think about a sensible response.

“I think we’re here...” he said looking outside the window.

“Yeah...” I answered and we both stood up to get off the bus.

He let me walk ahead first and he follows.

I stopped at the waiting shed and turn around to him.

“Uhm...after 15 minutes another bus will arrive, sorry for all the hassle.. I’ll just pay for your bus fare and...”

“No need...” he cut me off “...it’s not a hassle... I wouldn’t be at peace if I will allow you to go home alone...”

“Oh no... no... no.. I don’t wanna be a burden..”

“You’re not a burden... what makes you think you’re a burden? I’m telling you... you’re not a burden.. so let’s go... I’ll walk you home,” he flashed a smile and walk ahead of me.

He will walk me home?

Tell me.. am I dreaming again?

If this is a dream then this is the sweetest, sweetest dream I have ever had. I squealed.

“Shin hye... why are you still standing there??” he called out to me.

“Oh sorry...I’m coming...!” I run towards him.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“He walked you home?!”

“Ahuh...” I nodded.

We both looked at each other.

“Weeeeee...” we both squealed while clasping our hands together.

“This means something Shin Hye... this means something...!” she exclaimed happily. “…and what did he do after that??”

I walked to the other side of the room dreamily still clutching my phone close to my chest. I tilt my head back and shut my eyes.

“He walked me home… at first we walked in silence.. we were really awkward at first but then he started talking to me. I was stuttering at first…you know me Dara..” I wailed at her but then I went back to my day dreaming by closing my eyes and remembering that night.

“His voice sounds like music to my ears.. he was such a gentleman like a prince. Then I got comfortable with him…. we chat and we laugh I didn’t even notice that we are already at the front of my house,” I shot my eyes open.

“I thanked him for walking me home.. he was kinda lost during that moment I don’t know what he is thinking. He was about to say something but then it looks like he stopped his self from saying it. Instead he bid me goodbye.” I turned around to Dara who was still listening intently to me.

“…he was already a few feet away when he runs back to me and asked for my number,” I squealed remembering how he looked like when he was asking for my number.

“Did you ask why he is asking for your number??” Dara asked.

“Well... I didn’t ask.. he he he..”

“You should’ve asked him... who knows maybe he has a special feeling for you!”

“How am I supposed to ask him... you know me Dara of all people..”

“Yeah... I know you.. I bet you hurriedly took out your phone with your hands trembling and gave him your number and then after that you must have totally spaced out,” she narrowed her eyes at me.

“Hey.. I am not like that...” I protested.

She did not answer. Instead she just raced an eyebrow at me as if saying. DONT FOOL YOUR SELF!

“Well...I did tremble...but just a little..” i went back to my table and sat down on my chair. I ruffle through the papers on top of my table avoiding Dara’s scrutinizing glare.

“There’s something bothering me...” she said.

I continued ruffling the papers, “And what’s bothering you??”

“How did he know where you live?”

That struck me, she has a point.

I turned to look at her; she has that sly smile on her face. I was about to say something when my phone rang.

I looked at the caller and my eyes widened in surprise.

“Eotteoke????!!” I screamed.

“What’s wrong with you?!” Dara said annoyed. “Why don’t you answer that??”

“Dara... dara.. dara... Eotteoke??” I cried to her my brain seemed to seize functioning.

“Yah! What’s happening?? Who’s calling...aish....” she grabbed the phone off of my hands. She stared at it for a moment then she jumped and shoved the phone back to my hands. “Answer that hurry up... palli.. palli!!” she ordered me.

“What am I going to say??” I said starting to panic.

“What are you going to say?? Gaaad Shin Hye.. just answer the phone you don’t need to say anything,” she said quite frustrated.

I looked down at the phone on my hands YONG HWA’s name kept on flashing on my screen.

With trembling hands I pressed the green button.

“Yeoboseyo??” my voice is cracking.

“Shin hye??” he said.

“Uhm.. ne?” i gulped.

“Hi...” he greeted warmly. “I just want to tell you that your cell phone charm got stuck in my pocket. I want to give it back to you… and uhm… when can I give it back to you??” he said in a half shy half expecting voice.

I covered the mouthpiece with my hands and turned to Dara whose ear is also pressed on the other side of the phone trying to listen to our conversation.

‘What will I say??’ I mouthed to her.

She glared at me and mouthed NOW!

“Uh.. yes.. yes… my charm… uhmm…” I looked again at Dara who glared back at me whispering SAY IT!

“Uh… yes… how bout today?? Uhmm… around 4pm,” I finally said.

“That would be good…see you at the bus station.”

“See you…” and with that I pressed the end button. I felt my knees get weak as I try to hold on to Dara for support.

“Yah… Shin Hye.. are you okay??.. Hey…” she helped me seat down on my chair.

“Dara… am I dreaming??” I said.

Then out of nowhere I felt a painful pinch on my cheeks.

“Awwww!!” I screamed in pain. “Hey…why did you do that??” I angrily said.

“For you to know that this is not a dream,” she said with a smug.

I touched the part that she pinched. I can still feel the throbbing pain that her pinch caused.

“Awww… can you be a little gentler next time?!” I hissed at her.

“Hey.. if you are always like that you’ll stay single your entire life.”

“I will not… as you can see my love story is already progressing…”

“Aish… okay…” she said defeated. “…but promise me you’ll call me and you will tell me what happened to your date.. okay? Or else I won’t sleep!” she laughed.

“It’s not a date… he is just going to give my phone charm back.. that’s it..”

“Then make sure that it’s going to be a date…” she smiled at me widely and left me.

“How am I going to do that….???” I called out to her but she just waves me off.

**********************

 

Tch.  That boss of ours really knows how to ruin things.

I was about to go out when he called me back to finish some papers for him.

Seriously I wanted to curse him that time but I can’t afford to lose a job right now so I obediently finished those papers.

Now I am running like hell hoping he is still there.

I felt the whole world dawned on me when I saw that he is not there. I just let my chance pass again.

I felt my breathing get heavy.

It just feels so bad.

Ya, what are you expecting Shin Hye?? Are you expecting that she will wait for you for one hour??

Who do you think you are?? I scold myself.

I slumped down on the bench and pulled out my phone to send him an apology message.

But then everything is really not working my way.

What?? Dead battery?? I exclaimed in disbelief.

I dumped the phone back in my bag out of frustration and leaned back.

I was deep in my thoughts when I heard someone say…

“You looked tired….”

I immediately darted my gaze towards that person.

I know even though I can’t see myself right now that a huge smile spread across my face.

I jump up, “You’re still here…” I said happily.

“I was worried… something happened to you. I was calling you but it seems like your phone is off.”

“Oh…” I pulled out the phone and waved it to him. “…dead battery… sorry..” I apologized.

“I felt relieved that you’re fine…” he smiled to me. “By the way… here is your phone charm.” he opened his bag and took out my rilakkuma phone charm.

I happily took it from him and thanked him.

“Kamsahamnida…” I bowed slightly.

“You’re being too formal again…” he laughed.

I just smiled to him.

“Eo…what happened to your shoes??” he said while pointing to my shoes.

I looked down and saw that I broke the heel of shoe and I didn’t even notice it.

“Oh… I didn’t notice it…” I sat back down and removed my shoe.

I tried to put the heel back even though I know that it is impossible.

“Aish…” I muttered.

“Give me that..” he bend down and took my other shoe.

“Wait…” I was about to stop him but it’s too late he already has my other shoe.

“What are you going to do??”

He smiled at me, “This….” and with that he broke the heel of my other shoe. “….now it’s even.”

I laughed. “Yeah… now it’s even.”

He put the shoe back on my foot and he stood up.

“Let’s go…” he said.

“Huh? Where are we going??” I asked confused.

He pulled my hand gently. “I’ll show you something…”

I was about to ask him again but I was not able to because he already pulled me up and we crossed the street hand in hand.

 

END OF CHAPTER 6

 

 

A/N:

So where is Yong Hwa taking Shin Hye?? Kekeke… I won’t tell you.. just wait for the next update ne??

I love you all my dear dooleys thank you for all the lovely comments I appreciate it so much.. KAMSAHAMNIDA!!

Yong: You’re too formal authornim…

Me: I don’t care eh eh eh eh eh … haha

 

Shout out:

@BlaCK-LoVE – hehe… and I think he find it cute that Shin hye is following him.. hoho.. here’s the update chingu.. I hope you liked it.. XD

@laz_15 – waaaah… too much love for the fic.. kamsahamnida chingu!! You are the best! :)) I hope I didn’t fail you with this one.. Although there is no Yong Hwa POV for this chap I’m doing it on purpose.. you’ll find out soon why.. keke..

@ilovewufan – indeed..haha.. and he is such a gentleman… thank you for subscribing! :))

@kloyola – woooh…what a nice suggestion.. I would definitely add that, I’ll find the right timing.. keke.. thank you for the sweet, sweet comment chingu.. you always makes me happy ^____^

@BOICELF – I know shin hye is in love… but yong hwa… hmmm.. I don’t know yet… wooh.. I’m a troll I know..keke

@asas17 – sorry if it took  me soooo long to update.. keke.. I’m happy that you loved the update.. THANK YOU so much! :))

@hanna2022 – waaah.. I never thought of adding warnings.. Mianhe chingu.. hahaha.. I do experience that too when I’m reading fics.. keke.. here’s another update although it’s a little late, I hope you liked it :))

@sayafars – I AGREE!! Haha.. yes there is no one like him.. if I would stalk someone it would definitely be Yong Hwa, but I would stalk him for a different reason. I would stalk him to look for evidence that our DOOLEY couple is real. keke

@iammojoe – that is going to be……………………………SOON. Haha.. Idon’t know yet chingu. Thank you for the lovely comment.. I looove it! :))

@mymy5106 – we know shin hye has crazy thoughts she just don’t know how to control them…keke

@hanaplor – haha…don’t scream chingu… I know I know it’s hard to keep your giddiness to yourself I do experience that too.. keke

@director-smiley YONGSHIN is always sweet.. that’s why I love them..keke XD

 

 

 

 

COMMENTS PLEASE??

 

SUBSCRIBE ^____^V

 

 

@anjellie_ka