CHAPTER 23 - DREAM vs. REALITY

BE MINE

CHAPTER 23

 

I woke up with a very familiar scent gracing my nose. I smile as I realize whose sent this is, I snuggled closer on the crook of his neck inhaling more of his masculine scent. I felt him move, pulling me closer to him.

 

He kissed the top of my head.

 

“You’re taking advantage me huh…” he said, his voice still sleepy. I hit his chest lightly and let out a giggle.

 

“Let’s stay like this a bit longer…” I said wrapping my arms around his waist and pressing my cheek on his chest.

 

“Okay…” he said hugging me back, circling his arms around my waist. Oh what a great morning.

 

“Feeling better now??” he asks as he plays with my hair, twisting and circling it around his finger.

 

I nod.

 

“My bolmae Jung has healing powers.” I chuckled lightly. The nightmare I had was totally erased in my memory. I can’t even remember what kind of bad dream I had. All I know is, I had a nightmare. That’s it.

  

“You’ll be discharge today. I’ll just drop by at our office then I will go back here to pick you up okay?”

 

I pulled a bit to face him.

 

“No, need Dara’s going to help me plus I am already fine. I can manage…” I replied meeting his gaze. He’s been absent already for a couple of days. I don’t want him having problems with his work because of me.

 

“No, I will pick you up.” He insisted. I knew he’s going to say that. He’s just too stubborn. I rolled my eyes and sat on the bed facing him.

 

“Yong.. I’m not a baby!!” I ranted, already pissed. He’s always treating me like a baby and it’s getting annoying! I crossed my arms on my chest waiting for his response but he just stared at me.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“But you’re my baby,” he said seriously his eyes glued on me.

.

.

.

.

.

OMG, tell me he didn’t say that! Should I be angry or what?? That is just too cute!! Kyaaaaa… *fangirl in me went out and made a screaming rampage* I’m fighting the urge to smile because of giddiness but this is just too much for me to handle!!

 

I felt the corner of my lips curved upward but I was fast enough to stop it. Good job Shinhye!! I congratulated myself mentally.

 

But then,…

 

He tapped the empty space on the bed beside him.

 

“Come on…I miss you beside me. I still want to hug you for a couple of minutes more,” he said cutely stretching his arms towards me.

 

I.

 

JUST.

 

DIED.

 

Waaa… Jung Yong Hwa is screwing my brain cells!! He’s seriously causing malfunctions in my system.

 

*sweaty palms and armpits*

 

*flushed face*

 

*erratic heartbeat*

 

He’s causing a turmoil inside my body and my hormone level is beyond a normal person could handle.

 

The fangirl in me is trying to hurl the SANE Park Shin Hye in the farthest corner of my brain to take over my entire body, but before the crazy fangirl do anything stupid I immediately locked her in the darkest side of my brain.

 

Phew…battling against your inner fangirl is tough…especially when the temptation is this strong: such as ……

 

A HANDSOME MAN LYING ON YOUR BED SMILING CUTELY AT YOU AND STRETCHING HIS ARMS TOWARDS YOU ASKING YOU TO SLEEP BESIDE HIM.

 

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPP!!

 

How can you fight that temptation?? >.<            

 

Before I could decide what to do, I felt him grab my hand and pulled me on the bed beside him wrapping his arms again on my waist.

 

I just lay rigidly beside him.

 

“Must not give in to temptations” I kept chanting inside my head.

 

“I wasn’t able to sleep well last night because I was afraid that you’ll have a nightmare again so I just watched you while you’re sleeping” he suddenly said, his voice very tired. He pulled me closer to him and kissed the top of my head. “Please let me sleep for a few minutes more.”

 

I felt all my resisting power drained by what he just said and I found myself hugging him back and cuddling closer.

 

“Look who’s taking advantage.” I hissed, annoyed but touched.

 

He laughed, “You like it too, don’t lie.” He pokes my cheeks.

 

“Well…..” I trailed.

 

“Don’t lie….” He reminded me.

 

I exhaled loudly, defeated.

 

“FINE. >.<”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Back in the office, everyone greeted me happily welcoming me back. The office looks different from my perspective. What happened?? I was just gone for a few days.

 

I went straight to my table only to find it empty.

 

I stared at the vacant spot.

 

“What happened….” I trailed pointing the empty spot where my table was before.

 

 I waited for a response from my officemates but they just stared blankly at me. A thought immediately came into my head and few seconds more I found myself walking towards Joo Ji Hoon’s office.

 

‘He couldn’t possibly…’

 

I entered his office without knocking. He looked up from the pile of paper works he’s reading and smiled at me.

 

“Goodmorning…” he greeted me.

 

“What’s good in….oh holy….Yaaaaaaah!!” I screamed at him. I saw him smirked at me as I run towards my table that is at the right corner of his office close to the door.

 

 

I pointed my table, “What is this doing here??”

 

 

“I told you, you’re going to be my secretary now.”

 

 

“I didn’t remember that I agreed.”

 

 

He stood from his chair and walked towards me. “Look at my arm…” he raised his casted arm. “Because of you I can’t work properly, you need to assist me until my arm heals.”

 

 

“Are you kidding me??”

 

 

“You know I don’t joke.” He stared squarely at me.

 

“JOO JI HOON!!!”

 

“Boss…call me boss. We are in the office.” He reminded me. Now he’s using his authority to do anything he wants. Gaaahh… Joo Ji Hoon how can you be so annoying?!!

 

“Oppaa listen…” I slammed my bag on the table, annoyed determined to give him a piece of me.

 

“Oh… ‘oppa’ is negotiable. You can call me like that here inside my office but not outside.” He said. He is not taking me seriously!

 

 

“You know I hate going to meetings. I hate seeing a lot of people. I hate talking to people. I hate arranging schedules because I just at it big time! I want my table back in its old place.” I demanded. I am holding my ground firmly. He cannot do this without my permission and this is Dara’s job! I don’t know anything about being his secretary.

 

I want my table back in its peaceful place.

 

NOW.

 

“I am the boss so I can….”

 

“I will resign if you don’t return my table back to its place right at this instant.” I said firmly. You can’t beat me Joo Ji Hoon. I smirked.

 

He stared at me obviously weighing things. Then he exhaled loudly and went back to his table. He lifted the receiver and dialled using only his left hand.

 

“Ms. Park…call the maintenance and tell them to put the table back to its place.” He sighed heavily while listening to Dara on the other line. “What other table could it be Ms. Park? Of course the table that was brought in earlier. Make it fast.”He put down the phone with a loud thud and looked back at me.

 

 

“Happy??” he asked sarcastically. I smiled at him.

 

“I’ll be waiting for my table outside.” I took my bag and went out.

 

Tss… don’t you know me Joo Ji Hoon? You know pretty well that you won’t stand a chance against me. Aish you’re already old but you’re still acting like a kid. Psh….same old brat. I stuck out my tongue at his closed door.

 

------------------------------------------

After a few minutes my table was brought back to its original place. I clapped happily sitting behind it.

 

‘I miss yah.’ I whispered to my table while wiping it clean with tissue. I restacked the documents and rearranged my little stuffed toys on my table. I opened the drawers in search for the picture that I kept there a long time ago. I found it at the bottom drawer well hidden under a pile of papers.

 

 

I smile as I looked at it. I worked hard for this picture, I even wore a disguise for this. I stifle a giggle as I remember what I did to get this.

 

It’s the picture that I stole from Yong when I was still HIS STALKER. I shook my head as I remember how stupid that was. Awww Park Shin Hye, you are really crazy over him!! I buried my face on the table while hugging his picture close to my chest.

 

 

“What is the meaning of this?” I heard the annoying voice of Dara. I lifted my head up and smiled at her.

 

 

“I don’t want your job so I am here again in the solemnity of my corner. I love it when I am here with you guys.”

 

 

“Waaaaaa…he’s going to be moody again and he will vent out his anger on me! I’m dead,” she choked herself and cried exaggeratedly.

 

 

“He’s not going to do that…” I said calmly opening my bag and getting the frame that I bought earlier.

 

“I’ve been his secretary for a very long time and I know him very well. By the look of his face when I entered awhile ago he is damn pissed.”

 

“Just tell me when he gets whiny; I’ll kick his for you.” I said while gently opening the frame and carefully placing Yong’s picture. I turn it around and smiled as Yong’s picture fit perfectly in the star shaped picture frame.

 

He’s my star.

 

I placed the frame on the left side of my table beside my stack of books.

 

“Geeezz you’re crazy in love.” Dara said looking at the frame on my table.

 

“Huh..coming from someone who overly uses ‘babe’. Plus your table has waaay more pictures of Jiyong than mine.”

 

“At least…I don’t stalk and steal pictures,” she stuck out her tongue and left running while laughing.

 

“Yah!!” I growled.

 

---------------------------

It’s over lunch time and I haven’t seen Joo Ji Hoon go out of his office. What is that psycho doing in his office that he didn’t even have time to eat lunch?

 

I went over to Dara’s table.

 

“Dee..how’s the psycho? Did he eat lunch already?”

 

She taps the tip of her pen on her lips, “Nope not yet. He has a special note for me saying. ‘Strictly. Do not disturb.’  she showed me a green sticky note. The word STRICTLY is even in bold letters.

 

 

He didn’t eat breakfast and now he’s not eating lunch. Is he committing suicide??

 

“I’ll talk to him.” I told Dara. It’s weird how easy it is for me to go inside his (JiHoon) office when before I’ll die if he asks me to go to his office.

 

I knocked and waited for response. But I heard nothing so I just opened the door and went in straight.

 

 I found him sleeping, leaning back on his chair with his casted right arm on a sling and his left hand holding a pen. I walked closer to make sure that he’s really sleeping.

 

“poke*

 

*poke*

 

I poked his cheeks. But he didn’t move.

 

‘Maybe he’s really sleeping’.

 

I took his pen from his hand and placed it neatly on top of the table. He must be in the middle of writing something when he fell asleep he even left his notebook open. I took the notebook and decided to close it when I saw a picture sticking out. I flipped to the page where the picture was tucked.

 

It was a picture of him and I. Ahh.. the picture when we were still in highschool. I didn’t know that he’s this sentimental. I smiled and remembered how he forced me to take this picture.

 

 

‘You and Yong have lots of pictures how about me?’ I remember him ranting at me at that time. How childish.

 

 

I was about to put back the picture when I saw what’s written on the notebook.

 

 

It was a diary entry dated years ago. I shouldn’t be reading this but the word HATE, which was written in bold letters caught my attention.

 

‘I hate him for screwing my life. For making me live this life. He raised me just to live this hell life of him. While Yonghwa, has a beautiful life. He lives normally; he can do whatever he wants and most of all he has everything I want. I can trade my life just to get that one person that he has. Just to have that one person. But now, that one person is lying on the bed, suffering, on the verge of dying. I HATE him…both of them. They are the reason why I might lose her.

 

Shin Hye, please be strong. I was not able to tell you this but I’ll make sure that when you get well I will tell you how I feel. I love you….’

 

My hands are trembling as I read the last part. I LOVE YOU. It kept ringing in my head.

 

‘You bastard. Who do you think you’re talking to?’ I heard a voice and its seeping into my head. Whose voice is that?? I shut my eyes tightly and covered my ears. The pain in my head is unbearable. It is more intense than before.

 

A scene flashed before me. There’s an angry man… screaming, mad. He’s the same guy in my dream. My heart starts beating harder, I can’t breathe.

 

‘Father, please don’t be like this. I’ll work harder to prove to your business partners that I can handle the company. Just let Shin Hye alone.’ the guy beside me begs holding my hand.

 

It’s Ji Hoon.

 

The ringing in my ear intensified as the scene became clearer. My head feels like exploding.

 

‘Huh, who told you I am going to give you the company?’ the guy said. Jihoon stared at him dumbfounded his hand trembling in mine.

 

‘You’re not my real son so don’t even think about it.’

 

----------------------------------------

 

END OF CHAPTER 23

 

A/N:

Heol….

You know what I am going to say right??

SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE T^T

Please forgive me.

 

Shoutout:

@laz_15 - my dearest chingu who always give me comments as long as a novel. I love it. I appreciate how you put all your effort in writing those long comments (__). By the way I went to CNBLUE’s con here in the Philippines a few weeks ago. Our prince Yonghwa is so handsome and they sang Neon Naege Banhaesseo. There was this issue that Yongseo shippers were pushing to change Neon Naege Banhaesseo to Banmal song but it didn’t happen. Lol. And YOnghwa said… “I LOVE SHIN…gapore” instead of I love Philippines. Haha..  “I love Shin…maybe Shinye??” lol #delusionalmode.

I miss yah chingu ^^

@pheihyun - Miss A ka jan.. haha.. nakakabaliw yung mga comments mo..wahaha. Nga pala pumunta ka ba nung concert ng CNBLUE?? Haha.. ang gwapo ni Yonghwa..waaa…

@dooleycouplelove, yonghwaNshinhye and destinyYS11 -  I love a jelly Yong too. I wish they’ll have another drama T^T

@JulianKevin and ClumsyAngel – Thank you for reminding me to update. Here’s the update ^^

 

 

OFF THE TOPIC:

I went to CNBLUE's concert here in the Philippines!! Kyaaa.. you can check out my fanaccount, fantaken and fancams here:

 

[130615] CNBLUE live in MANILA _fanaccount

HPIM0115

 

2 more chapters and it’s finished.

Saranghaeyo….♥

@anjellie_ka