CHAPTER 8 - THE BOSS

BE MINE

 

CHAPTER 8 – THE BOSS

 

 

CHAPTER 8 – THE BOSS

 

“Hey..please??” Dara pleaded again as she trails behind me.

 

I lift the lid of the photocopy machine and press on.

 

“No….” I said for the hundredth time while placing the first page on the photocopy machine.

 

“Jebal??” she pressed her palms together and rubs it in front of me.

 

She’s been bugging me since this morning about our boss’s dinner meeting later this evening. I don’t want to go there!

 

Since my first day here in this company I never had a single decent conversation with him.

 

He is a snob.

 

 

I never saw him smile, not even once!

 

He is arrogant.

 

He thinks he is perfect.

 

He is stubborn –a good for nothing rich kid who only knows money.

 

There is nothing in this world that is more important than money.

 

He was raised that way by his father who only knows money too.

 

“Shinhye… please?? I’m begging you… it’s Ji Yong’s mom’s birthday. I can’t miss that for the world!” she rolled her eyes at me and then continued begging.

 

Tss..I shut the lid of the machine with a loud thud and looked at her.

 

She batted her eyelashes at me with her hands pressed together trying her best to look pitiful.

 

I exhaled loudly, “… you owe me for this one.” I said which made her jump up and down while throwing fist in the air.

 

She took my hand into hers, “… you are my very best very best friend… ohhh.. I’m so lucky to be your friend,” she squealed.

 

I sighed, I really can’t say no to her.

 

“Yeah.. yeah.. yeah… you owe me big time. Don’t forget that.” I took the papers from the machine and left her.

 

“I love yah chinguya!!!!” Dara screamed while forming a heart shape with her arms on top of her head.

 

Aish..why do I have a crazy best friend?!

 

 

*****************************************

joo_hoon.jpg

 

Joo Ji Hoon, the most elite bachelor. He is the CEO of Joo Corporation. The corporation was transferred to him after his father passed away three months ago. He had a rough start as a CEO. Being young (he is only 25 y/o) and inexperienced in business, most of the share holders didn’t believe that he can handle a huge company. But because he is a tough person, he held on to the position and proved his worth.

 

He is still single, never had a girlfriend.There was a rumor that he has a secret girlfriend but all of that remained as a rumor. I glanced at him who was talking to the client with a poker face.

 

He always has that aura; you get intimidated by the way he looks at you. He is so tall that he looks down at you when you are talking to him.

I always have that feeling, tch. My is already numb from seating, how long are they going to talk??! I shifted my weight a little just to relieve the pressure and as expected he noticed that I moved. He looked at me with expressionless face.

 

“Getting tired Ms. Park??” he asked.

 

My heart pounds faster, “…a..a..aniyo” I answered bowing my head and staring at the food in front of me which I haven’t started yet –not a single bite!

 

“Good..” he looked back at the Chinese businessman in front of him. “As I was saying Mr. Chang you will not regret investing in our company,” he signaled me to hand him the documents. “Here is our proposal.” He pushed the folder in front of the Chinese guy and firmly folded his hands on the table.

 

“I will surely consider this, I will give you call when were done.” The Chinese guy handed the folder to his secretary who is sitting in front of me.

They both stood up and shook hands.

 

The Chinese was the first one to leave and when the Chinese was already out of sight. My boss started to walk towards the exit. I trailed behind him clutching all the folders and envelope that he told me to bring.

 

‘Tss.. why did he ask me to bring all of this when he only need that one folder.’ I muttered under my breath.

 

The car stopped in front of us. Joo Ji Hoon sat at the backseat of the car while I sat on the passenger’s seat. I wonder how Dara can last with this guy. Sure she always whine about how hard to be Joo Ji Hoon’s secretary but she never talked about quitting her job.

 

I won’t last a day with this guy, not even a second.

 

Everything in him screams arrogant!!

 

retentive.

 

Boastful.

 

Heartless.

 

Apathetic.

 

Boring.

 

But he’s super handsome!!!

 

Pffftt….. stop right there Shin Hye.

 

Where did that come from?

 

I mentally slapped myself.

 

“Is there a problem Ms. Park?” he said while looking at me through the rearview mirror.

 

Oh my God I didn’t notice that I was staring at him through the rearview mirror.

 

My heart leap out of my chest, “a….a….aniyo…” I stuttered as I look down on my trembling hands on my lap.

 

“Don’t stare at me like that… I know I am handsome but don’t make it too obvious,” he smirked. “Don’t fall for me, you’re not my type I don’t like girls who’s as naïve as you” he flashed a mocking smile then stare out of the window.

 

What the…??

 

Me? Not his type??

 

He don’t like girls who’s as naïve as me??

 

THE NERVE!!!

 

His no match for MY YONG!

 

My very handsome Yong!!

 

Err.. did I just say MINE??

 

Gaaaaah…. Dara… I won’t do this again ever, even for the sake of friendship!

 

 

****************************

 

I plopped down on the bed –dead tired.

 

Before I went home he asked me to go back in the office and finish some more paper works that Dara left.

 

I took the phone from my bag and dialed Dara’s number.

 

I waited impatiently tapping the pillow that is covering half of my face.

 

“Yeoboseyo??” she happily answered.

 

I can hear people talking and laughing on the background together with clanking glasses and plates.

 

“Dara!!!” I screeched on top of my lungs, making the other girl on the other line curse. I bet she heard me LOUD AND CLEAR.

 

“Sheeesh..Shinhye are you trying to make me deaf?!” she barked on the phone.

 

“You owe me a lot! I won’t take an ice cream for the favor I made for you. My is still aching, my knees are still trembling, I’m dead hungry because that jerk didn’t give me the chance to eat the food in front of me, he’s an assh*le, a good for nothing *ol*. My ego has just been stepped on a hundred times!!” I exhaled loudly ending my litany.

 

“Err… what happened to the dinner meeting??” she asked.

 

“Nothing…”

 

“What did he do that made you upset??”

 

“He just slammed in my face that I am not his type that he don’t like girls as naïve as me. Imagine?? The nerve of that guy!” I snarled at the phone.

 

“Hold on… relax… I’ve been his secretary for so long but he never talked to me. I mean we talk, but purely professional. Nothing like that… as I told you he shows no emotion –neither a single smile nor a smirk.”

 

“I don’t care… I’m really pissed right now.. are you still at the party??” I asked while massaging my temples.

 

“Yeah…” she answered.

 

‘Babe…I’ve been looking for you..who’s that?’ I heard Ji Yong’s voice on the background.

 

‘Shinhye…’ Dara whispered then I heard her chuckle. She covered the mouthpiece of the phone but I was still able to hear them.

 

‘Yah…later.. I’m talking to Shinhye…’

 

‘But babe..I miss you already…’ said Ji Yong in husky voice then I heard a muffling sound and a giggle coming from Dara.

 

I pulled the phone away from my ears and stared at it.

 

“Tsss… this two…” I muttered and I put the phone back on my ears.

 

“Shinhye…”

 

“Yeah I know… bye.” I end the call and placed the phone on the bedside table.

 

“If I sleep like this I’ll have nightmares.” I whispered.

 

I shivered at the thought of Joo Ji Hoon in my dreams or Dara and Ji Yong lovey dovey in my dreams.

 

I covered my face with my rilakkuma bear. Then a thought popped in my head. I sat right up and took my phone on the table. I was having double thoughts whether to do it or not.

 

“Maybe he is already asleep?”

 

“Maybe he’s not.”

 

“Maybe he’s busy?”

 

“Who’s busy at this unholy hour?”

 

I stared at my phone for the longest time and decided to dial his number. I was about to press the call button when I changed my mind.

 

“A text is much better.”

 

I started composing a message.

 

HI…

 

Erased.

 

Hi there….

 

Erased.

 

Hi Yong ^^

 

Tss.. cutesy!

 

Erased!

 

“Aish… how should I start this??” I exclaimed out of frustration.

 

I started typing again.

 

Still awake?

 

“This looks fine..” I think about it for a moment then I pressed the send button.

 

I plopped down on the bed face down and closed my eyes.

 

I was silently praying that he would reply.

 

PING!

 

I almost jump out of my bed when my phone beeped.

 

I took my phone and with trembling hands I checked who texted.

 

                YONG <3

 

I almost screamed in glee but since everyone is already sleeping I squealed quietly suppressing the scream that almost escaped my mouth.

 

I immediately opened the message.

 

                YONG: Not yet, I was thinking of texting you.

 

 Chincha?!! I mouthed while my lips are pulled into a big smile. I immediately typed…

 

                SHINHYE: Really? Why?

 

I paced back and forth while waiting for his reply.

 

PING!

 

                YONG: I didn’t see you in the bus earlier. I was worried.

 

I was catapulted straight to heaven!!

 

My smile just got bigger that I felt my cheeks is about to tear up.

 

My soul just left my body.

 

With all smiles I replied.

 

                SHINHYE: Dara asked me a favor that I can’t turn down. That’s why I went home late today.

 

I was tracing hearts on the screen of my phone while waiting for his reply when my phone rings.

 

I looked at it and saw YONG<3 flashing on the screen.

 

My eyes widened and I didn’t know what to do. My feet got stuck on the blankets and I fell off the bed as I try to stand up.

 

Ouch! I grimaced.

 

With me still on the floor I pressed the green button.

 

“Yeoboseyo??” I answered in cracking voice.

 

“It’s Yong…” he paused. “Hmm… I called to check if you’re okay…”

 

“I’m good!” I quickly answered. “How about you?”

 

“Good too… you should sleep now. It’s already late.”

 

I smiled, “You too…goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight…” he said.

 

I waited for him to put down the phone but he didn’t.

 

“You still there?” I checked.

 

“Yeah….I’m waiting for you to put down the phone…” He chuckled.

 

I laughed, “You should put down the phone first…”

 

“No, you should…” he laughed.

 

“You’re the one who called, you should put down the phone first.” I chuckled.

 

“Okay… let’s put down the phone at the same time.” He suggested.

 

“That’s a good suggestion..” I said giggling like 16 years old.

 

He laughed heartily, “Okay, 1……2….. 3…..”

 

SILENCE.

 

But still no beeping tone.

 

“Yah.. you cheated..” I wailed at him.

 

“You too!!..”

 

“Oh my.. we sound like teenagers…” I joked.

 

“Haha…yeah… okay I’ll put down the phone first.. you’re so stubborn.”

 

“You bet I am…” I laughed.

 

“Goodnight again….” He said.

 

“…goodnight too…” I said as suddenly I felt empty.

 

I was about to put down the phone when he whispered my name.

 

“…Shinhye..”

 

I put the phone back on my ears.

 

“Yes??”

 

“……………………..” there was a long pause before he sighed. “I missed you…” then the line went dead.

 

The whole world stopped for a moment.

 

I can’t hear anything aside from the fast and hard beating of my heart.

 

“Did he just say.. HE MISSED ME??” I mumbled clutching my phone close to my heart.

 

 

*************************

End of Chapter 8

So how was that, I was squealing like an idiot while typing that part. Hooray… I was able to finish it ahead of time well this was originally part of chapter 7 but I decided to split it. That is why I was able to update again a little faster.. keke… That’s how I love you my dearests. *winks*

 

Can you guess why I added Joo Ji Hoon here?? I know you know it.. haha

He is a worthy competitor for our princess right??

 

It’s your turn to make me happy neh?

You know what I want… COMMENTS!!

Woohoo… send me some love neh… I love reading your comments.

 

Shoutout:

@laz_15 – chingu!! That is another long and lovely comment from you. Kyaaahh.. you always makes me happy that’s why this one is for you. *winks* don’t worry no one is going to die here, I’m not good at those kind of stories.. hoho… I can’t help it chingu I love the suspense feeling that I added in this fic,  so endure it for the moment neh?? enjoy this one ^___^

@hanaplor – no worries chingu… no Se*h*un on my fic… no need to pull your hair, haha

@kloyola – hoho… I don’t know too what’s happening here..if you look in my brain you won’t see anything.. it’s mushy in there.. I think?? Haha

@BOICELF – I can’t remember the last time that I saw a firefly.. hehe.. is it amnesia?? I don’t know :P

@littlefili – I hope I explained it right to you chingu.. ^^

@len1209 – here’s the update chingu.. I hope you liked it.

 @DB_Yonghwa – hoho.. no clues yet for the girl in the picture.. let’s find out sooooonn…

@loveydooley – no need to wait for Friday chingu here it is!! XD

@keysaetern – I’m really happy that you love my story ^__^

@asas17 – is it SHINHYE?? I don’t know too… aish.. I’m trolling you guys again.. peace ^^v

@emotionalstar – yey… keep guessing… I’m not going to give a clue.. :P

@livelovelifeah – hehe.. don’t worry anything for my dearest readers.. ^^

@kattyToodles – sheesh.. I experience that too sometimes ^^

@clumsygirl – here’s the update my dear ^^

@villaary – I will keep the giddiness up until the end.. LOL XD

 

 

SUBSCRIBE PLEASE??

COMMENTS TOO!!

 

@anjellie_ka