Chapter Seven: Meant to be

Fated

Pretty soon it was getting near time to leave. I wasn’t doing anything at the moment, so I was just sitting there staring out into space. Lay came over and stood infront of me. I quickly came back to my senses and looked up at him. I smiled slightly.

“…Hi.” He smiled back.

“Hi.” He took a seat down next to me. It was silent for a moment, and then he spoke up. “I heard my name earlier. What did duizhang say about me?” I lowered my head and laughed. He looked at me in confusion.

“I’m sorry.” I said, apologizing and shaking my hands. “He was just teasing me a bit, I supose.”  I smiled. “Speaking of which…. Do you still have any paper in your pockets?” I winked. He blushed and searched a bit. In his search, he pulled out his phone. “Ah, nevermind. This’ll work.” I smiled and snatched his phone from him.

“Huh?” He watched me in surprise as I turned my back to him and began typing. I turned back around and held it out to him.

“Here.” He took it and looked at the screen. I had input my number like Kris had requested. “Kris made sure to remind me to do that.” I laughed. “I was going to text you later anyways, but then you all were here and he said that and…” I trailed off and laughed.

“He said that to you?!?!” He asked in horror. I nodded and giggled,

“You told him?” He blushed.

“Well… Yeah… He’s my duizhang… and my gege… I had to tell someone…” He said and looked away.

“Do the others know?” I asked.

“No!” He turned back around quickly. “They can’t. Not now. I’d never hear the end of their teasing if they were told.” I nodded and laughed.

“I understand. But… I have a question…”

“Hmm?”

“Why did you give me your number? I mean. With you being famous and all that… isn’t it dangerous…?” His eyes widened and he looked away.

“Uhh… It was in case you needed more directions…?” I gave him a look. “Fine. I-I trusted you. And now you’re here. See. We were meant to meet again.” He smiled sweetly at me. I smiled back.

“…yeah… Your right…” We locked eyes for a moment and smiled at each other. We broke contact and he leaned over knocked shoulders with me playfully. I smiled and laughed with him.

 

Kris POV

I watched in interest as the two of them interacted with each other. I saw her take his phone. She must be giving him her number like I said. I smiled. They laughed and smiled at each other. I laughed and shook my head. That guy. They’re both just awkward enough to be perfect for each other. I sent one last smile their way before turning back around and giving them their privacy.