Chapter Fifteen: Phone Problems

Fated

Lay POV

Our break was soon over and we had to leave for our next schedule in a new city. We were all sad to leave Nina behind, but we had to. Hopefully we’d be seeing her again soon. Our manager told us that he had contacted SM and that they were in the process of contacting Nina to conduct an interview with her. So, hopefully we would be seeing her again soon when we returned to Korea.

 

~~~

 

 “Gege, who are you always talking to?” Tao asked me one day. I looked up at him with doe-eyes.

“W-what do you mean?” I asked, stuttering. Tao frowned,

“You’re always on the phone recently. I think it really started once we left Shanghai.” I panicked. Why was he always so insightful? At least he can never make sense of what he sees, or then I’d really be in real trouble. But that’s always where another member comes in...

“Uhh, it’s just a friend of mine. We’re just trying to keep in contact.”

“But gege, you always seem so happy when you talk with him. Who is it?” I fought a smile as he said ‘him’. Silly didi, don’t assume such things.

“It’s nothing.” I quickly left the room to escape his questions, Kris’ knowing looks, and the others questioning glances.

Later that night I walked into my room after having taken a shower to see Xiumin sitting on my bed, with my phone in hand. He looked up at me in surprise. I froze in the doorway, lowering my towel from my head where I had been rubbing it dry. “…What are you doing?” I slowly asked him. He just stared at me with an accusing glare.

“Why do you have Nina’s number?” He asked. Adrenline pulsed through my veins as he said those words. Of all the people to find out, it had to be Xiumin! Why couldn’t it have been Chen? He’d keep quiet! But Chen wouldn’t be snooping in the first place…

“Uhh…” He pouted,

“Why didn’t meimei give ME her number?! Hmph!” He stood up and stomped towards me, “Well, why do you have it?”

“Uhh, well,” I rubbed my neck, “…Kris told her to give it to me so that we could have it for the company to contact her later for the job...” I remember the story she told me when she input her number in my phone. It wasn’t a total lie. Kris HAD told her to do it. Xiumun wasn’t totally satisfied, but he took it.

“Fine. But I’m telling everyone! Lalalala~!” He ran off with my phone. I took a moment to process his words,

“Hey! Wait!” I ran after him and grabbed at it. I was taller than him, so he wouldn’t to be able to keep it away for long. But then he tossed it to Tao who just looked at it in confusion. I panted, “Didi, give gege the phone,” I held out my hand. He just looked at me. Kris watched in amusement and stood up.

“Tao, give it to me.” He said with a steady voice; leader mode on. I groaned internally; Tao would definatly listen to him over me. Tao looked between the two of us.

“Tao. Please.” I pleaded. Tao blinked.

“Kris gege would never tell me to do something I shouldn’t. He’s a good leader.” He then turned and gave the phone to Kris. I fell down in exaustion. WHY!?!? Kris smirked.

“So you found her number, Xiumin?” He asked. Xiumin nodded. “Well, I think it’s only fair that we all have it by now, don’t you Lay?” I just ignored him, snuggling deeper into the carpet. Kris quickly sent the number to his phone as well as everyone elses. “There. Now you can’t hog her all to yourself anymore.” He winked and walked away, after tossing my phone down by my head. I just groaned in response.

 

Nina POV

My phone suddenly started beeping and buzzing like crazy. “What the heck?” I picked it up and looked at it. I had a ton of new messages, all from unknown numbers.

Unknown #1: Meimei!!!!!!!!!! Wah! I have your number now! We can talk allllllllll the time! Lay was keeping you all to himself all this time. I’m going to have to get back at my Dongsaeng for that. – Xiuminnie!!!!!!!!!

I looked at my phone in confusion and opened the next.

Unknown #2: Hey. You and Lay have been texting a lot I see. Hope things are going well between you two. Well, cats out of the bag now, sorry dear. Oh, and this is Kris. ;)

I could almost hear his voice as he teased me. Hmph. Annoying mischevious leader.

Unknown #3: Jiejie!!!! I miss you~~~~~~~!!! Buing Buing!

I gigged. Only Tao would say that. I read through all the others, but was still confused. How did they all get my number? Then I got one last text:

Lay: I’m so sorry.  -----____----- They stole it from me.

I laughed. Poor Lay.