Chapter Ten: Bao zi and other nicknames

Fated

I woke up about 9:00 and took a quick shower. I got dressed and sat down to watch the news untill it was time to meet him downstairs. I checked the clock every few minutes.

 9:40.

9:45.

9:50.

I sighed and stood up. I might as well head down. I can wait in the lobby if he’s not there yet. I grabbed my phone and sliped it in my pocket. I grabbed a little money and my room key and headed out, turning off the T.V. on my way. I hummed as I waited for the elevator. After a minute it arrived and the doors opened. I was surprised by who stood inside.

“Yi Xing,” I said. He looked back at me, just as surprised. Sure, we were supposed to be meeting, but chancing apon eachother in the elevator hadn’t been planned. We both broke out laughing as I stepped on. I calmed down after a moment and smiled at him. “Good morning.” He looked back at me,

“Yes, it is.” He gave me a lopsidded grin and I laughed. The elevator stopped at the lobby and the doors opened. We stepped out and headed out into the busy streets of Shanghai.

We talked about all kinds of things as we walked, quickly growing closer and more comfortable as we went. He was telling me a particularly funny story about some of s right now.

“So, we had only just started to live together in the dorms and were still learning about each other. Kris, Xiumin, and Luhan all stayed in the same room, just as they do now when we go back to Korea. So, I was sitting down on someone’s bed while talking to Kris. I didn’t even know whose it was. We were just laughing and talking about something random together. But then Xiumin comes in and just stares at me. He’s just frozen in the doorway. I asked him if it was his bed, and he just shook his head, so I ignored him. At some point he must have left, because when Luhan came in, he was nowhere in sight. So, apparently I was sitting on Luhan’s bed. Now, normally, Luhan is very bright and happy. He doesn’t seem like the type of person to get mad over silly things, but let me tell you, I will never sit on his bed again. He walked in and saw me sitting there and literally pushed me off. If it hadn’t hurt so much it would have been hilarious. Oh my gosh, and Kris’ face! Ha! See, it was his first time seeing Luhan do this. But apparently Xiumin already had experience in this department. That’s why he ran off. Althought why he never told us when it happened, I don’t know. Although, I suppose it could have been because we were all still kinda warming up to the whole living together idea. But, moral of story: never sit on Luhan’s bed. He may seem all smiles and innocence, but he can be scary.” He faked a shiver as he remembered. I was laughing as he told the story.

“It’s hard to imagine Luhan getting so worked up over something like that.” I laughed. He shrugged,

“I guess everyone has their things.” I nodded.

As we were walking, my stomach suddenly made a loud noise. I blushed and looked away in embarassment, placing my hands over my stomach in hopes of shutting it up. Lay chuckled.

“Ah! That’s right! I promised breakfast! Maybe we should get that.” He smiled down at me. I blinked back at him, non-commital. He laughed, “Come on. Follow me. I know where to get some good buns. I found them yesterday morning before I met you.” He winked and grabbed my hand and pulled me along. Again with the hand holding! It made me dizzy. I smiled happily and walked along beside him. We soon came to a street vendor. Lay giggled slightly.

“What?” I asked.

“Bao zi,” He laughed, “That’s Xiumin’s nickname.” He laughed a bit more. I laughed too, although I was slightly confused.

“You call him bao zi? Why?”

“Ah, well, Luhan gege started it. He likes to call him that mostly. Xiumin likes to eat and coming to China, he quickly fell in love with bao zi. Also, he’s cute and has round cheeks. So, Luhan started calling him bao zi. Soon, it just kinda caught on.” I laughed. He was right. Xiumin was cute with chubby cheeks.

“Are there any other nicknames?” I asked as we bought our buns. He thought for a moment as we walked on.

“Mmm, Chen Chen.” He smiled.

“Chen Chen? That’s cute.” He nodded.

“Duizhang started it. Then Chen started calling me Xing Xing too.” I giggled.

“Xing Xing. How cute.” He blushed slightly and took a bite of food. He told me about some of their other names for each other.

“Hmm… We should think of a name for you…” He thought for a minute. I laughed,

“Everyone already calls me Jie jie and Mei mei.” He shook his head.

“No, something more… I’ll have to keep it in mind.” He grinned at me from the side and I scowled, taking a bite of my own bun.

We continued walking for awhile. I had no clue of the time, but I didn’t really mind. I was having fun hanging out with Lay. Suddenly he stopped.

“What?” I looked at him.

“I’ve got it!” He grinned excitedly.

“What?” I asked confused.

“Chen is Chen Chen, I’m Xing Xing, and you should be Ni Ni.” I looked at him like he was crazy. We just stared at eachother, neither of us breaking. I blinked and turned away,

“Fine.” He smiled widely and laughed,

“Actually. I think I’ll keep that one to myself. It’ll be between us.” He linked his arm through mine and started walking again. I blushed. Just between us… I smiled slightly at the thought. I think I kind of like it after all.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: HI! So, I realise that 'nick name' sounds really weird... But I originally had a different name there and so I had a different nickname too.... But then I changed the name of the girl. And I kinda use it later on in the story so I didn't want to get rid of it after I changed the name... So yeah... She has an awkward nickname... But its not used alot, so its okay. :) Haha, sorry! If anyone thinks of anything better along those lines let me know and I might consider it. :)