Chapter 4 - Forbidden

Voice of the Sea

Chapter 4 - Forbidden

"Appa!" Hwansoo's face went red and she looked down at the floor. She was ready for a lecture from him. That is what he liked doing when she did something wrong or something that he did not approve of. Hwansoo loves her father, but she hated how strict he was.

"Do you know how dangerous the surface is Hwansoo! If a human saw you they would try to get the pearls we can create from you." Tablo ran his hand through his hair.

"I know but..." Hwansoo started, but was cut off by her father.

"But nothing! I do not want to lose my daughter like I lost my wife. She was taken from us Hwansoo. I know you don't remember her well because you were young when she was murdered. You are forbidden from going to the surface again. Your studies are more important than some human. Now go to your room!" Tablo said practically yelling, "Howon her there."

"Nehhh sir." Hoya said taking the princess by the arm, dragging her back to her room. "This is for your own good Hwansoo. Your father knows best."  He looked at the princess who was on the verge of tears.  He pulled her into her room and sighed, "Don't cry..." Hoya said in a caring tone.

"Since when do you care about my feelings" Hwansoo cried.

---

"Yahh Kim Sunggyu how long did you know that my daughter has been acting this way." Tablo asked and watched his young advisor look away from him, "Sunggyu...YAHH SUNGGYU tell me the truth. What do you know about my daughter that I don't know."

"Awhile sir, but I want her to be happy so I did not say anything to you or stop her from doing what she wanted to do. She will soon have to marry and I want her to live her life until the time comes for her to commit to the kingdom."

"You love my daughter don't you?" Tablo asked.

"Ehhh!" Sunggyu looked away, "I care about her, but more like a little sister."

"Whatever you say Sunggyu." Tablo  patted the younger male on the back. "Let's finish meeting our visitor from the Sea of Japan."

"Nehh sir." Sunggyu said as he followed the king to his office.  Hoya please be nice to Hwansoo. Try to cheer her up.

---

"You got to be kidding me more marriage interviews." Woohyun sighed and looked at his father and step-mother. "I don't want to."

"Woohyun you have to!" Mithra said, "You are next in line for the kingdom and need to stop being so childish.  Sungyeol came back drunk last night and Sungjong's eyes were red from crying. I have no clue what happened, but it needs to end now. You need to take up your responsibilities."

"I know I need to take up my responsibilities, but the women that you tried setting me up with aren't my type. Let me find my own wife." Woohyun said with his arms crossed.

"Fine Woohyun. You have three months to find a wife and if you don't I will pick out the girl you will marry. You are dismissed." Mithra said rubbing his temples.

Woohyun walked out of the room and saw Dongwoo leaning against the wall. "Hey Woo are they making you go on marriage interviews again."

"No!" Woohyun crossed his arms and looked at his friend. He started to head to the kitchen to get something to eat.

"So what was that meeting with your parents about. My father will not let me read his notes anymore." Dongwoo said.

"It was about marriage interviews and I got my way out of it. I made a deal with my father Dongwoo; I have three months to find a wife. If I don't find the girl I want to marry in three months my father is going to pick out the girl that I will marry."

"Well let's find your perfect woman namstar!" Dongwoo put an arm around Woohyun's shoulder.

---

"Sungjonggie" Sungjong's mother called and Sungjong placed his book about mermaid's into one of his textbooks. Sungjong was sitting in the library. "I'm sorry sweetie I did not know you were studying. Have you seen Sungyeol?"

Sungjong did not look up from his book, "Check the kitchen he is most likely there because he is always hyungry and likes sneaking sweets before dinner."

"Ok thank you Sungjonggie continue to study!"  She left the library and Sungyeol came out from behind a bookcase.

"I owe you one Jonggie and you really should stop reading those mermaid books. They are not real." Sungyeol sat down next to the younger boy and pulled out a donut. Sungjong shook his head and went back to his book.

"Leave him be Sungyeol hyung." Myungsoo said walking and reading a book that was in English.

"How can you read that stuff Myung?" Sungyeol asked.

"It's good to know another language." Myungsoo sat down on the other side of Sungjong.

"Shut up I'm trying to figure something out!" Sungjong puffed out his cheeks. "There was no way that Hyung could have survived that yesterday."

"Are you trying to say a mermaid saved him?" Sungyeol asked

"Nehhhhh!" Sungjong said cheerfully.

---

Hwansoo smirked when Hoya was sleeping. This was her chance to escape and do what she wants again. Hwansoo was swimming towards the surface when she crashed into a merman with red hair, "I'm sorry!"

"It's alright princess." Yong Guk smirk, "You look like someone who has a forbidden love."

"Ehhh?" Hwansoo looked at the man with a nervous expression.

"Don't worry princess I will not tell your father. I want to help you win the heart of your lover." Yong Guk smiled, "but we cannot discuss it here. Come with me I have someone who wants to meet you." Yong Guk held out his hand and Hwansoo took it.

---

Sunggyu headed to Hwansoo's room to check on her and Hoya. When he entered he noticed that Hoya was asleep hugging a purple starfish. He looked around and noticed that Hwansoo was nowhere to be found. "YAHHHH!"

Hoya's eyes popped open, "Hyung your so loud."

"Babo where the hell is Hwansoo." Sunggyu asked with anger in his voice. Sunggyu wasn't one to get angry, but he had a very bad feeling about something.

"I don't know she said she wanted to take a nap and told me that I should to." Hoya rubbed his eyes. "I haven't been sleeping much lately."

"You big babo she was tricking you." Sunggyu held himself back from doing something he would regret. Sunggyu suddenly grabbed his head and images appeared in his mind. One of the main reasons why Sunggyu was made the king's advisor was that he had the ability to see into the future, but it was limited. Sunggyu did not know when he would get the visions.

"Hyung..." Hoya placed a hand on Sunggyu's shoulder, "What's wrong?"

"She is going to the Sea Witch and she is going to ask to become a human for three months. Hoya go find her now. She cannot make a deal with Seunghyun because she...ahhh" Sunggyu fell forward. "GO I will be fine. I need to inform the king."

Hoya nodded and headed towards the darkest part of the sea, the trenches which was where the sea witch lived.

an - I hope this chapter is ok hehehehehe! I hope you like this story. I wanted to give Sunggyu some story ability since he is my bias and I wanted to do something like that hehehe. Woohyun hehehe I hope you can keep that deal with Mithra. ENJOY