Chapter 1 – Curiosity

Voice of the Sea

Chapter 1 – Curiosity

“Hwansoo where have you been.” A merman with chestnut hair and small eyes swam over to the princess quickly.  They were only a few miles away from the Kingdom under the Sea. “Do you know how late it is? If your father knew you were out this late…”

“Sunggyu ahh you need to stop worrying about me. I can handle myself and what my father doesn’t know won’t hurt him.” Hwansoo swam next to him and was unsure if Sunggyu was listening to her which was what she wanted. “I can go to the surface on my own…” She whispered and avoided Sunggyu’s eyes.

“You went where” Sunggyu swam in front of her, “How did you manage to get away from Howon?”

“Hoya was following me? I did not notice. I was just…” Hwansoo started when Hoya swam up behind them with a slightly annoyed expression on his face. Hwansoo swam and went behind Sunggyu to hide behind him. She placed her hands on his shoulders and peeked out from behind his back.

Sunggyu looked back and chuckled at the way Hwansoo acts around Hoya. It is cute and funny.

“Do you know you were almost caught by that human tonight?” Hoya crossed his arms over his perfectly sculpted chest.  Sunggyu and Hoya had different jobs in Hwansoo’s father’s kingdom. 

Kim Sunggyu is the king and her advisor, but lately it seemed like he was more her father’s spy because she is going to be coming of age soon; her 21st birthday was three months away.  Sunggyu was always kind and kept some of the things that she did from her father. 

Hwansoo could not say the same thing got Lee Howon.  She didn’t know what went on in that boy’s brain.  The first thing was that he did not like being called Howon, but Sunggyu called him that anyway because it’s his birth name.  Howon rather be called Hoya and she grew up with him because her father took Hoya in and he became Hwansoo’s bodyguard.

“So why do you care?” Hwansoo glared at the boy who was only a few months older.

“Because it is dangerous for human’s to know about us!” Hoya said practically yelling at the princess.

“Howon calm down and don’t yell at the princess like that. She probably has a reason for going to the surface. You should hear her out before jumping to conclusions.” Sunggyu said.

“I want to see how the other half lives. Is there something wrong with being curious?” Hwansoo eyes darted towards Hoya.

“There is nothing wrong with being curious but he almost saw you princess.” Hoya crossed his arms and let out a sigh. “I am going to have to keep a closer eye on you now my littlrtrouble maker.”

“Babo ya” Hwansoo said sticking her tongue out at Hoya and continued to swim back to the kingdom. 

Sunggyu let out a deep sigh and glared at Hoya, “You need to watch your temper. I know that you don’t trust the human’s, but lighten up around Hwansoo.”

“Aigo hyung I just don’t want her to get her heart broken.  You know what happens when a mermaid gets their heart broken.” Hoya watched the girl swim.

“I don’t want that either, but I rather he be happy.” Sunggyu said, placing a hand on Hoya’s shoulder, “Lets head back!” Sunggyu started to swim towards the kingdom.

---

“Woohyun hyung” A feminine voice called for the older male as he walked onto the balcony.

“Sungjong ahh what is it?” Woohyun looked as his step-brother walking towards him on the balcony holding his dog Coco in his arms. Sungjong was one of the sons that his father’s new wife had.  Woohyun’s mother passed away a few years about and two years after his father remarried.  He hated it at first, but really come to love his brother and new mother.

“Woohyun hyung can you come into town with me tomorrow? I want to go shopping and to a café I like.” Sungjong asked sweetly as he held Coco closer to him. He let the puppy kiss him several times.

“Ask Sungyeollie. Dongwoo hyung invited me to go out to sea for a bit tomorrow.” Woohyun said.  “I just want to get away from this life for a bit.”

“That sounds like fun to can I come hyung please. I’m sure Sungyeol hyung and Myungsoo ah would like to come as well.” Sungjong smiled. “I enjoy playing with you Woohyunnie hyung.”

“Fine you can come!” Woohyun looked out at the ocean and continued to wonder what that girl was and if he would ever meet her again.  

---

“Yong Guk!” Seungyeon said watching the young merman with red hair swim into her cave.

“Nehh noona what do you need?” Yong Guk asked.

“I want you to cause a storm tomorrow!” Seungyeon looked into her crystal ball and looked at both Woohyun and Hwansoo. “You both will be mine, eventually.”

an - Hello everyone I hope you like the first chapter. Just giving out a warning that my laptop is having issues my charger is not connecting to my laptop so I am borrowing my mothers charger for now. Updates may come slower then I want them to come. ENJOY