Chapter 17 - Tell Me Tell Me

Voice of the Sea

Chapter 17 - Tell Me Tell Me

Sungjong crossed his arms and looked at the mermaid and the merman who was in front of him. "I knew there was something special about you noona."

Hoya let out a sigh and ran his hand through his hair, "Hey kid forget what you heard."

"I am not a kid. My name is Lee Sungjong." Sungjong crossed his arms.  "I am the youngest princes of the kingdom by the sea.  Do not degrade me because I look feminine."

"I wasn't degrading you in anyway Sungjong.  This is too dangerous for some prince to get involved it.  This is business of the Kingdom under the Sea."

"Do you think I care?" Sungjong said in a sassy tone. "I am fearless and I do not want anything to happen to noona.  I see the way Woohyun hyung looks at you.  I know he really cares about you.  Just give him time. Hyung has difficulty confessing his love to someone."

Hoya growled, "Leave."

"NO!" Sungjong grabbed onto Hwansoo's arm and smiled, "I am staying with Noona.  I have every right to protect her. Now tell me what is up."

"The Sea Witch wants my soul.  I sort of made a deal with her to become human, Sungjong.  I gave her my singing..." Hwansoo explained.

"Hwansoo! He does not need to know anymore than that." Hoya said in cold voice. "You can come kid, but I have my eyes on you."  Hoya led Hwansoo and Sungjong to where Sunggyu was resting.

---

"Are you sure it is a guard." Woohyun buttoned his shirt up. Woohyun knows he asked thing already, but he wanted to be sure. 

"Why wouldn't he be?" Dongwoo asked. "Hwansoo seemed shocked when she heard someone was here for her."

"Because she doesn't want to go home. I know she likes it here." Woohyun said.

"You cannot force her to stay her Woohyun.  If she needs to go home she needs to go home.  Even if you confess to her she might not feel the same way." Dongwoo tapped his chin, "but I think she will stay.  Hwansoo has a strong attracting to you."

"How do you know that?" Woohyun asked.

"I just know these things. I am older." Dongwoo smiled.

"You're older by not even three months. Do not pull the 'I am your hyung and you should listen to me'. You know I don't like to listen." Woohyun smiled at his finished look.

"We all know it goes in one ear and out the other.  You look nice." Dongwoo said.

"That is because I am taking your advice.  I am going to confess my feelings and ask Hwansoo to become my wife."

"I said confess to her.  You can wait for the whole marriage thing Woo." Dongwoo said.

"I love her hyung and I do not want to lose her.  It doesn't matter if she does not have that voice.  I love her for her personality, and I want to be with her the rest of my life."

---

Sunggyu heard the door to Ailee's place open.  He wondered who it was.  Sunggyu knew it could be Yong Guk, but it could also be Hoya. Sunggyu yawned and looked down at Ailee who was sleeping in his lap.

"Gyu oppa." Hwansoo said as she hurried into the room.

"Princess!" Sunggyu said with wide eyes. "You're..." Sunggyu's eyes widened more when he saw Sungjong holding onto Seomin's arm. "It is good to see you again Sungjong ah, but what are you doing here?

"I knew there was something special about you." Sungjong said cheerfully, "You know noona too. I am here because I want to know more about the situation Hwansoo noona is in.  She said something about giving up her voice to become human."  

"Hey kid be..." Hoya spoke.

"Howon be nice." Sunggyu said with a gentle smile and looked down at Ailee who was still sleeping.  He was shocked that she could sleep through all this noise.

"Hyung how do you know him?" Hoya asked.

"We met before I was attacked by Yong Guk.  I am happy that you were able to find Hwansoo, but she needs to live out the next two months as human."

"I know you have a way to change this.  I know what King Tablo gave you." Hoya said with anger in her voice.

"I refuse to use that on Hwansoo.  I don't want her to give up on the person she loves.  She should be able to love whomever she wishes."

"But..." Hoya spoke.

"But nothing Howon." Sunggyu said in a demanding voice. Sunggyu looked over towards Sungjong, "What would you like to know about us?"

"Everything!" Sungjong said, "Hyung what is your job?"

"I am the king's advisor." Sunggyu said, "I am also able to see into the future.  That is one of the main reasons why I became an advisor."

"So they are using you because of that?" Sungjong asked.

"I am not being used Sungjong.  I am happy to have a job in the kingdom, but it is also difficult to have a personal life." Sunggyu sighed.

"You like the girl who is asleep in your lap don't you Gyu oppa?" Hwansoo asked.

"Umm..." Sunggyu looked away from them with a blush appearing on his cheeks.

"HYUNG you know..." Hoya said.

"I know that, but she already accepting my feelings. I am not going to turn into bubbles because my heart was broken."

"A pearl?" Sungjong had a confused expression on his face. "None of my books said anything about a mermaids turning into bubbles when their heart is broken."

"Because it is not in any book you read. When a mermaids heart is broken by the person he or she loves, they become bubbles, but it takes up to two days to come into effect." Hwansoo said with a sigh.  "Tears can be a positive and negative with mermaids."

"Hwansoo don't say anymore." Hoya said.

"He had a right to know and I know Sungjong will not hurt any of us." Hwansoo said, "A mermaids tears creates the perfect pearl that has great value. If the pearl is created by a pure manner the owner will become immortal, but if they torture the mermaid for her pearl. They will be forever alone and not able to love."

---

Seungyeon walked onto the beach with human legs.  She has had enough.  She was going to capture Prince Woohyun's heart and kill two birds with one stone.  Seungyeon wanted both of their souls. 

"Noona what are you doing here?" Yong Guk asked as he looked at the beautiful woman in front of him.  He was happy to see her, but had a bad feeling about something.

"I am going to end this little game now.  You needed to keep them away from each other.  He is going to asked Hwansoo to marry him. I cannot have that princess win."

---

Dongwoo and Woohyun were walking down the hall together.  "Are you going to talk to her?" Dongwoo asked.

"What do you think I am going?" Woohyun said as he knocked on the door.  There was no answer.  He opened the door and entered the room.  She was nowhere to be found. "Did she leave without saying goodbye?"

"She didn't!" Dongwoo said as he picked up a note.

I will be back soon!

an - Hi everyone here is my latest update and there are more to come.  I am planning on finishing this fic this week. Chapter 18 is almost done and 19 is started. 20 still needs alot of work. ENJOY!