Chapter 3 – Goddess of the Sea

Voice of the Sea

Chapter 3 – Goddess of the Sea
 
"Woohyun Hyung! Sungjong screamed out as he was about to run over to the railing that Woohyun fell over and jump in to save him, but he was stopped by Myungsoo's arms wrapping around his small waist. The rain continued to splatter against Sungjong’s already sweaty face. He could not believe that something like this would happen and was trying to convince himself that this was a dream.
 
"Sungjong you cannot run over there it's too dangerous!" Myungsoo said.
 
"But…but…Woohyun Hyung is not sober! He is going to die! Let go of me Myungsoo Hyung. I need to save him because Dongwoo and Sungyeol Hyung are useless at the moment." Sungjong cried out. “WOOHYUN HYUNG!”
 
"Yahh were not useless!" Sungyeol sat up and fell back down. He was going to have a hangover tomorrow as for Dongwoo he was aware of what happened, but upset because this adventure was his idea. How was he going to explain to Woohyun's father and his father that Woohyun did because of his crazy ideas of having fun.
 
"Sungjong it is impossible to see anything in the water!" Myungsoo said keeping his arms around the youngest waist. Myungsoo did not want Sungjong to do anything stupid.
 
"I don't care! Let go of me Myungsoo. This is the most you have ever talked around me. Let go." Sungjong cried out again. Myungsoo let go of the Sungjong who fell to his knees. "Hyung!"
 
---
 
"Yong Guk did you start the storm.” Seunghyun asked as she smiled at herself in the mirror. The Sea witch was a truly evil person.  She was always looking for a new man to play with and once she was done with him Seunghyun would eat their souls.

“Yes noona I did exactly what you said. Once he drowns he should appear her unless something goes wrong…” His deep voice trailed off and Seunghyun swam over to him. Seunghyun was a mermaid who was banished from the Kingdom Under the Sea.  Most mermaids had tails of vibrant colors; however, her tail was pure black.

“What do you mean that something might go wrong?” She yelled grabbing onto Yong Guk’s red hair.  Yong Guk was not Seunghyun’s real brother; there was no blood relation.  Yong Guk was one of the male sailors that drown. He was the only one that did not have his soul eaten by her, instead he pleaded to do anything that the Sea Witch wanted because he fell in love with her.  Yong Guk’s life belongs to her for internality and will never receive the love that he has for her back.

“King Tablo’s daughter has taken an interest in the Prince of the Kingdom by the Sea. By the look in her eyes it appears to be love. What should we do my lady?” Yong Guk asked.

“I can kill two birds with on stone. Let the princess save him and all, but once her father finds out she will seek me out.” Seunghyun swam back over to her mirror and smirked. “Soon the princess will not be able to love because I will break the girl’s heart and make both of their souls mine.”
 
---
 
Hwansoo swam towards the surface and noticed a terrible storm. She noticed a boat and a familiar looking man fall over board. Hwansoo quickly swam over to save the man because if she didn't the man’s soul would go to the Sea Witch as her new toy.

She only knew a few things about the Sea Witch, but not everything. Hwansoo tired to get the information out of Sunggyu, but he would not tell everything. All he told her that she once lived in the Kingdom Under the Sea, but was banished for her dark magic. He explained that mermaids were supposed to live in harmony and not take part in killing humans by causing the sea to become rough. He stopped after that; Hwansoo wish that Sunggyu did not treat her like she was an innocent child.

Hwansoo noticed that the person who was drifting slowly underwater was the man that she heard singing the other night. She quickly swam over to Woohyun and wrapped her arms around his waist. She brought him up to the surface and started to swim to shore.

 Hwansoo made it to the shore line and laid the man down.  She caressed his cheek and looked at his handsome face and started to wonder what his lips felt like. She leaned down and kissed him and pulled away moments later, and started to sing the song that he was singing the other night.

I’m crying by myself there but
As my tears stopped I’m laughing but
after leaving you alone
I’m wandering around here with memories I can’t erase

Although I don’t have anything to say and I can’t hear you but
even so if I can find you like this
I’ll wait for you now until time stops

I know well that I can’t say anything
even so I’m searching for you but
I know well you won’t change your thoughts but
I still can’t forget you

Although I don’t have anything to say and I can’t hear you but
even so if I can find you like this
I’ll wait for you now until time stops

If I can find you, I’ll wait for you now, until I can breathe again

(a.n. – english translation of Woohyun’s solo song time from Over the Top album – Credit to overzer0.com)

Woohyun’s eyes slowly opened and he noticed a very blurry female siluet singing the song that he always sang before he went to sleep.  When his vision was finally clear enough he realized that no one was there. “It must have been my inmagination.”

He slowly stood up and made his way to the docks. He noticed that the boys have returned and Myungsoo was dragging along crying Sungjong. The other two also had a sad expression on their faces as they dragged their feet along. He wondered what happened; his memory was a bit fussy.

“Yahh who made Jongie cry?” He yelled and all four boys. All four boys looked in Woohyun’s direction and ran to him. Sungjong was the first one to get to him.

“Hyung we all thought…” Sungjong voice was being drowned by all his tears.

“We thought you drowned after you fell overboard during a storm.” Dongwoo said trying to hold back his tears, but it became impossible for him to do so.

“I guess I wasn’t dreaming. Some goddess saved me from drowning and she had a voice of an angel.” Woohyun smiled.

“Don’t tell me you believe in mermaid’s Hyung?” Sungyeol asked.

“…” Myungsoo just stood there and was in his own little world.
 
---
 
"Yahhh what were you thinking!" Hoya said trying to hold back his anger.
 
"I could not let him die and..." Hwansoo started, but Hoya interrupted her again. He really did not understand this girl; she was always rebelling.
 
"Princess I can tell by the look in your eye that you are falling in love with a human. Do you know how dangerous it is to fall in love with a human! Humans just want to use us for their own greed."
 
"He is nothing like that!" Hwansoo puffed out her cheeks.
 
"And how do you know that? Have you talked to the human? Do you even know his name?" Hoya asked as Sunggyu and Hwansoo's father Tablo swam by.
 
Sunggyu sighed, "Not again..." He looked over at the two arguing and finally realized what they were talking about. Oh no if King Tablo hears this…”
 
"His name is Woohyun! Not that Human!" Hwansoo crossed her arms.

“HE IS STILL A HUMAN HWANSOO! Ugh I should not have listened to Sunggyu hyung to give you some space.” Hoya ran his hand through his purple hair.

“What is this about a human Hwansoo?” Tablo swam over and Sunggyu followed.

an - Please forgive me for a late update. My computer died and I my new laptop is not set up. I managed to get on the slow desktop todate. I hope you enjoy this chapter hehehe

Also I created a New Infinite fic called "Without Any Limit" Please check it out <3