Chapter 10 - Falling in Love is Never Easy

Voice of the Sea

Chapter 10 - Falling in Love is Never Easy

Hwansoo was sitting on the balcony, staring out at the ocean. She missed the water so much and wish she could go for a swim right now, but she knew she could not. She gave that up for love. She wanted to know what it was like to be human.

She closed her eyed for a moment and reopened them and saw Sungjong staring at her with those big eyes of his, "Hi noona!" The boy that was two years younger than her, but she already liked him.  His personality was funny and he did not take any crap from his hyungs.  Hwansoo never had any younger siblings. She was her father's only daughter.

"Hi Sungjong sii!" Hwansoo smiled weakly, "What brings you here?" She wrapped the shrug around her shoulders. It was late spring.  It was still chilly at night, but she still loved being outside.  Hwansoo loved staring up at the stars.  They were so beautiful and she felt like she could touch the moon.

"Noona do you believe in mermaid's? I have been reading about them and hyungs keep telling not to read about ridiculous tales." Sungjong pouted. "I do not think they are rediculous. I find mermaids fascinating. Don't tell my mother that I hide books about mermaids in my textbooks. I rather read things that I am interesting then things that I will never use in life.

"If you believe that is all that matters." Hwansoo smiled as she placed a hand on Sungjong's head. She started to fix Sungjong's hair.  He really was in need of a haircut.  His bangs covered his eyes making it difficult to see those warm looking eyes.

"Really!" Sungjong smiled, "Noona do you believe?" Sungjong grabbed her hand in his.  He did not mean to, but for some reason noona got him excited.

"I do believe Sungjonggie! I think believing in something will make it come true.  It is also the same way with love. If you love someone so much you that person will love you back." Hwansoo smiled. They heard someone clear his throat.

"Woohyun hyung!" Sungjong smiled and removed his hands from Hwansoo.  He suddenly hugged her and kissed her on the cheek.  Hwansoo was shocked, but she did not mind the kiss. Sungjong was sweet and she wanted to treat him like a brother, "Noona thank you!" He said as he the balls of his feet and left. He did not look at Woohyun because he knew that he was going to get lectured later about hugging Hwansoo without asking her permission.

Woohyun slowly walked over to Hwansoo, "I hope you are confortable here. Let me know if you need anything Hwansoo. I want you're stay here to be safe and I want you to be happy. I will do everything I can to help you."

"I'm comfortable thank you Woohyun sii! You do not have to do anything for me." Hwansoo smiled as she rubbed her arms. It was almost summer, but it was still cool at night. "Thank you again for saving me."

"I found you Hwansoo I didn't save you! If there is anything you need let me know." Woohyun smiled, "You seem cold you should head inside. I don't want you to get sick."  Woohyun was about to leave, but felt Hwansoo's hand on his arm.

"There is something Woohy..." Hwansoo said before coughing again. She placed a hand on and continued to cough.

"Lets get you some tea before you tell me anything." Woohyun put an arm around her shoulder and lead her to the kitchen's. "Tea will help. I know a great recipe."

---

Sunggyu placed a blanket over Hoya and took the katana that he was gripping out of his hand. He looked like an innocent child when he slept when he was not gripping a sword. He liked him better when he was not yelling at anyone. Sunggyu did not hear Ailee walk into the room. It was like she was a mouse.

"He isn't your brother! You guys look nothing alike." Ailee said leaning against the wall and looked at Sunggyu, "Can you please tell me the truth and not the half truth?" She asked. Ailee knew there was something about him that she liked.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Half truth about what?" Sunggyu answered with a yawn.

"Yes, you do know! I know that you are not from this world. You are a merman aren't you! That is the truth I want from you Sunggyu."

"I already told you why we were here. There is nothing more that you need to know Ailee" Sunggyu said in a slightly harsh tone.  He did not mean to be cold, but he was tired. He was very worried about Hwansoo.  He knew she was with Prince Woohyun, but Sunggyu knew that Seungyeon was not going to let her live.  He knew that she was going to try to destroy the princess." Mermaids aren't real. Where did you get a silly idea like that?"

"They are Sunggyu and you are one of them. You and Hoya are both not from this world. I also know that you can see the future, but have difficulty controlling when your vision's occur." Ailee walked towards Sunggyu.

"I...I...I..." Sunggyu started to stutter and back away slightly. He hasn't stuttered for years, but for some reason this human was making him go back to his old ways.  

"Don't worry I really want to help." Ailee looked at Sunggyu. "Both of you boys are in danger. Do you know that someone by the name of Yong Guk is going to try and kill you and steal your princesses soul?" Ailee said looking at the man who was in front of her.

"How..." Sunggyu said in a tired voice. He suddenly grabbed his head as images appeared in his mind again. He really wish he could learn how to control these visions.  It would make his life much easier and he would not be considered weak.  His visions started when he was nine years old. He did not think much of them at first until he ended up passing out.   Sunggyu remembered the day that the king invited him to live in the kingdom.  He had no family left anyway so he agreed.  Howon was the same as he was, they both had no family.

"Sunggyu..." Ailee placed a hand on his shoulder and lifted his chin. She looked into his blank eyes. Ailee knew that he was having a vision, but was unsure why his reaction was so different.

Sunggyu suddenly gripped onto Ailee's shoulder and pushed her back against the wall.  He leaned closer to her face and placed a hand on her chin, "She is going to use Hwansoo's voice."

"Sunggyu! Who is going to use Hwansoo's voice?" Ailee said and watched as his eyes fluttered shut his eyes. "Yah Sunggyu."

---

Woohyun pulled Hwansoo into the empty kitchen. He the lights and smiled at the girl. There was something about her that he like. He just could not put his finger on it quite yet. "Are you hungry?"

"I'm fine..." Hwansoo said as he stomach growled and she grabbed it.  A slight blush appeared on Hwansoo's face.

"You are hungry. Please don't lie to me. I will make you something!" Woohyun said as he started to pull out various ingredients.

"You know how to cook?" Hwansoo asked.

"My mother taught me before she drowned.  She always cooked in her pass time.  My mother really enjoyed it.  At first I was upset when my father remarried.  There was no one who could replace my mother, but I come to love both of them and my step-brothers. Do you have any siblings?"

"No unfortunately I do not. If I had a little brother I would want him to be like Sungjong." Hwansoo smiled.

"Just treat Sungjong as your little brother I am sure he wouldn't mind. He always wanted a noona." Woohyun said as he started to cook, but he handed Hwansoo a cup of tea before he did anything. "Drink up."

---

Dongwoo stretched his arms above his head and walked down the hall. His hair was a mess and he was hungry.  He wanted to raid the kitchen for some food. He felt someone crash into him and he jumped. He hit Sungyeol arm, "Yah."

"Hi hyung. Are you hungry to?" He asked with a huge smile.

"Seriously do you ever not stop eating Sungyeol?" Dongwoo asked.

"No not really." Sungyeol smiled and tilted his head when he heard laughing.  He wondered why the kitchen light was on.  Sungyeol tugged on Dongwoo's arm and then pulled him along. Both boys looked into the room and saw Woohyun cooking for Hwansoo.

 

an - sorry for the late update. School was keeping me busy and I have many other fics. I plan on updating more. *Throws Hearts* Enjoy!