Clocks

100 suju fic challenge!!

Shindong, eunhyuk POVs 

Tic, toc, Tic, toc. The clock counted down the number of minutes left before Eunhyuk's operation ended. Whether he survived or not was the question. 

Tic. Why hadn't eunhyuk told me. Toc. Why was I the last one to find out?  I paced outside the operation room, praying feverishly. The past days events replayed in my head. He did drop off huge clues, just that I didn't notice. 

--------------------

3days ago at dinner time.   7pm, dinner time It was 7pm, time for dinner. Ryeowook went around the dorm calling all the members for dinner. We all gathered around the huge table with all sorts of food laid out on it.

"Whoo-hoo! My favorite, sampusal." I exclaimed. I noticed that heechul hyung and eunhyuk looked solemn. Kyuhyun must have beaten them in starwars. I chuckled to myself and started wolfing down my food.

Ryeowook's food was always the best.

----------------------

The next day before the filming of mv

"We should start practicing the dance!" I told eunhyuk. 

He looked lethargic with slight dark eye rings around his eyes. Since when does he have panda eyes? Maybe he's just tired. I brushed it off. 

We started the intro choreography and just when it was going smoothly. He rushed to the toilet. 

"Lee Hyuk Jae! Where are you going? We are not supposed to slack!" I called out to him. 

I looked at the nearby clock. 5.30pm. Time for evening tea! I rushed out of the room, totally forgetting about eunhyuk. 

--------------------

7pm, dinner time.

It wasn't the usual festive mood that we used to have. Leetuek, donghae and Ryeowook were slightly tearing. Heechul, Kyuhyun and sungmin looked solemn. Siwon did not even appear for dinner claiming he needed to pray. Yesung just sat there poking at his food while patting on eunhyuk's shoulder. 

The food didn't have as much variety as it had that day either. 

"Yah! What's with you all?" something seemed very wrong.

"N-nothing." eunhyuk replied as he took a spoonful of rice and put it in his mouth. 

It must be the schedules. Everyone seems to be overworking and all so tired. I sighed and took a bite of a drumstick.

---------------------

7am time to leave for a radio event.

"Hyung! Where is Eunhyuk? I can't find him anywhere! I've searched the entire house. If he doesn't get ready now, we'll be late!" I asked leetuek. 

"Shin-shindong, ain't coming. Eunhyuk is in the hospital having an operation now for a tumor. It isn't the dangerous kind but it  was making him sick. The doctor asked for it to be removed. I guess it a bit late telling you this but he refused for us to tell you as he was afraid that it would affect you since you're preparing your wedding ceremony. Actually, it was Heechul that found out first," the news was shocking.

What?! Eunhyuk, in the hospital? And he didn't tell me? I can't believe he will keep something as important as this from me. I-I am his bestfriend. He was fine the day before, wasn't he? The memory of dance rehersals flashed in my mind.

"Hyung, I'm skipping the radio show. I have to see eunhyuk NOW," I ran to my car and got in as leetuek shouted the hospital name to me. 

I guess he knew how important this is to me. 

Beep. Leetuek sent me a text You might make it in time. His operation starts at 8am.

-Leetuek                         7.15am

-------------------------

Tik. 7.50am.

It was just one mile away from the hospital. I had to reach in time! I can't afford missing Eunhyuk. 

I might, just might never see him again.  I was disgusted at my own thought. Eunhyuk will be fine. Nothing must happen to him. 

---------------------------

Toc. 7.55am.

I should call shindong, to tell him right? He is the only one kept in the dark. I clutched my phone deciding whether or not to make that call. 

Maybe he'll never find out. I'll just tell him after this operation? Or...

"Hyukjae-sshi, please get ready for the operation in 5 minutes," a senior nurse called from the door. 

Forget it, I'll tell him later. I placed my phone into the safe beside my bed. 

-----------------------

Tic. 7.59am

Eunhyuk, wait for me. 

I sped the car into the car park and reversed into a lot. 

I stared at the clock. 50 seconds.

I rushed into the lift lobby and jabbed the button furiously, impatient. 

Tic, toc. Tik, tok. 30seconds. 25seconds. The silence of the lift lobby intensified the sound of the ticking of my watch. 

I could tolerate no more and ran up the stairs to the 5th level where Leetuek said he might be in. 

"Where is Lee HyukJae?" I panted as I enquired from the nurse. 

-----------------------

Toc. 8.00am

Shindong, did you feel my missing presence? But why didn't you come to find me? 

I should have told you. I should have called you earlier. I prayed for time to rewind, not possible. 

"Count from 1-10 loudly," the doctor instructed as he injected a needle into my upper arm. 

I followed his instructions. 

1 2 3 4. Tic tok tic tok. 

Everything went black. 

Shindong, I'll miss you

-------------------------------

Tic. 8.01am

The nurse clicked some buttons on the computer. 

"Sorry sir, he just entered the operation room. I think he'll be out by 2hours," she apologized. 

I kept my composure and thanked the nurse. I ran to the bathroom and locked myself in a cubicle to cry.  I have no more ability to do anything else but wait and pray that he will be fine. 

Hyuk-ah, y-you should have waited for me. You should not have kept it from me? Why am I always the last to find out? Why? Why? Why? All sorts of thoughts flooded my head at once. 

I sobbed, as quietly as possible, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Lord, please. Please allow him to survive.

The prayer constantly repeated itself in my head. A broken tape recorder to mute the flooding thoughts. 

---------------------------

Toc.

Darkness. It scares me. I heard a shuffle from my left.

Shindong? I didn't know why but that was my first reaction.

I'm sorry I didn't tell you.

-----------

Tic. Half an hour till the surgery ends. I paced outside the surgical room, the prayer still in my head. 

I stared on the clock on the wall looking at the minute hand slowly moving. Since when did time pass so slowly? Tic, toc, tic toc. The sound of the minute hand was amplified by ten folds. 

Click. A sound out of the odd. Not the clock but a click. 

Eunhyuk. 

----------------------

Toc.

The clock hug on the white walls of the room. The smell of chlorine hit me. A small light in the middle of the room  illuminated it. All 13 of us in the tiny room. I felt claustrophobic. Sobbing, crying. I felt like doing so as well but somehow, my body refused to. I stood there, seemingly emotionless while everyone cried. Some out loud, some to themselves.

My brain struggled to put the pieces together. I wished I could turn back time. I wished that I could spend more time and appreciate him more. I wished i'd known earlier. I wished for him to come back to life. But all that, was no longer possible. I can't believe it, he was my best friend and yet I neglected it.

He looked at his pale, expressionless face and slim body. Eye rings still visible under his eyes. 

He is gone. Gone forever. And I already miss him.  I could still hear the clock ticking silently in the background, behind all the tears. 

Eunhyuk, do you know I miss you? 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mianhe. HAven't updated in 2weeks. Was Still am busy with exams. ):

This chapter was supposed to be Keys. But I couldn't think of any idea. So I made a really long story here. :D I update soon, I hope. Perhaps with Keys. Perhaps not. COMMENT<3