Quiet Places

100 suju fic challenge!!

Silence is golden. 

It is where they sought comfort and solace in the times they faced. It was where they had the private talks behind the screens. It was where they cried their hearts out, a secret place where no one would knew to find them. 

Ryeowook sat on the swing on the rooftop, thinking about the coming trip to China. It would be their longest. He would miss most of s, especially Yesung.  Yesung and Ryeowook had a closely knit relationship. They were just like brothers. As they are the vocals of super junior and both a part of KRY, they spent a lot of time working together. 

"Hey, what're you doing here?" Yesung appeared out of nowhere. He settled down beside ryeowook and started swinging.

"Thinking about things. China, for once seems so foreign." Ryeowook answered, his voice with a tinge of worry. Who would cook for the super junior members? They wouldn't be able to survive without him. He was their cook when Hangeng left. And now, he had to leave as well but only temporary. That 'temporary' however, was half a year. Yesung knew it, he too was worrying about that matter. China seemed too far for his dongsaeng but the other members will be there with him. Why couldn't he be part of sjm? He himself wanted to take care of Ryeowook. Ryeowook seemed to invulnerable, he wanted his dongsaeng to be safe. 

"I'd die to be there with you," Yesung muttered.

"What did you say? Die?" Ryeowook misheard Yesung. 

"N-nothing..." Yesung looked at the moon, it was round and huge. It reminded him of what Hangeng had used to say. That the moon was the only thing that was the same from China. "Next time you're in China and miss me, just look at the moon because I'll be looking at it too," his frown turned into a small smile.

Ryeowook looked up to what Yesung was talking about. A luminous moon and many twinkling stars that he didn't notice due to his problems.  This thought him how to look on the brighter side of life. No matter how dark seems to be getting, there will be a small source of light to guide the way. He too smiled.

"Yesung... Thank you." he felt a rock being lifted from his chest. It was only land that separated them. But some things always linked them to one another. Hangeng, Kibum and Kangin was always with them. They'll always be there when they needed help but not physically there, mentally there.

He put his hand on Yesung's. A surge rushed through his body as the swing continued moving. Maybe, just maybe it wasn't just friendship but much more. He never did truly understand his feelings for Yesung.

They both sat in the silence, the winds through their hair, their intertwined fingers. Thinking of the what the future held for them.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

heyy, next is ryeowook centric- accidents.

comment comment<3