Locket

100 suju fic challenge!!

Hung around his shattered heart is a fine piece of memory. It is a heart shape metal locket that was intricately  craved and it meant a lot to sungmin sentimentally. Everyday, without fail, the members will see him looking at it, looking into his past memories. He usually emerged teary eyed.

Occasionally the leader will comfort him. However he did not question his dongsaeng, he knew that he could not take the blow, he was too weak. Heechul always watched from the corner. He wanted to know the truth of what had happened.  As he knew that sungmin always left the locket under his pillow when he is bathing, he wanted to take the opportunity to see what was on the inside. 

It was the day after sungmin arrived back to Korea after their long stay in Taiwan.

"Come to my dorm! I've a gift for all of you!" siwon declared. All the members rushed into the dorm, leaving heechul in the living room. The other sjm members went to take their bathes, including sungmin. 

Heechul scampered towards the door that led to minnie's room. He cupped his ear against the door to make sure that he was already having a bath. He heard the washroom's door slam to a shut and stealthily opened the door. It creaked a little but bot loud enough to gain attention. He tip-toed towards the bed and slid his hand under the pillow and pulled out the locket.  It looked quite like an antique. On it were carvings and heechul spotted the tiny letters that were illegible. He pressed the corner of the locket and it clicked open.

Inside was... BAM! The toilet door opened and the wet-haired sungmin emerged looking directly at his hyung. 

"U-um, I was about to..." Heechul stuttered, he was lost for words. "No need to explain. I know you all are curious, but no one asks. I'll tell you though," Sungmin forced a smile on his face, he had never told anyone about this yet. Since super junior are literally like his brothers now, he'll tell them.  He sat gently beside heechul and took the locket from him and glanced into it. 

"This happened a long time ago, I was only 7," sungmin started. "What? You started dating at that age?" heechul interrupted.  "Dating? Who even said it was about dating?" at that moment laughters broke out between them. 

After the laughters died down, sungmin started again, "She's my grandmother," he pointed at the woman in the locket. The woman looked young, in mid-30s, and had pretty features. Her eyes were exactly like sungmin's. Her hair was dark brown and wavy, up to the shoulder length. She was wearing pearl earrings and a pink suit. 

My eyes were glued to the television screen. I was alone at home. 

Ring ring. 

It's just a call. I'll call back later.

Never did I think that, no, it's not possible anymore. In addition, I forgot, forgot to call back. That call might have saved her life. 

Eomoni came home teary-eyed. Halmunee passed away. I checked the phone log. It can't be. She was so healthy. 

"Take this. It was her final words" eomoni placed a delicate locket into my extended hand. 

She called me. 

I didn't answer.

Thoughts shifted. I killed her.

After the sad tale was told, a sole teardrop dropped on heechul's thigh. He wiped it off swiftly. "It isn't your fault, it was just..."  "I know, but it took me a long time to accept that." he clutched the locket tightly in his palm.  "It's okay. I'll be here, whenever you need me." 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heyy mianhe AGAIN... really sorry this fic is really crappy. Fell sick. ): so late birthdays to siwon, eunhyuk and jonghyun(:

I got this review and they said that i've lots of problems. Oh well)': Hwaiting.

Next chap is the much awaited EUNHAE~