Dinner Rush

Our Maid Sky Blue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhuQCBGwSfQ&list=FLH6cO2z9Yqg2tJ5GQtU4FmA&index=30&feature=plpp_video

Once the car came to a halt, you jolted up immediately from your short nap. You looked up at Kai, embarrassed and quickly got out of the car before he could say anything. You dashed towards the front door pressing in the code to unlock it. You wanted to hurry up with dinner so you could see Minji later.

“Why is she in such a rush?” Xiumin stumble a little as you accidently bumped into him. “MIAN!!” You shouted.

“It doesn’t look like she fell down the stairs.” D.O watched you run into the house full of energy. Exo filed in after you also wondering what the rush was all about.

You scurried into your room, took off your clothes and changed into something more loose and comfortable. It was almost 7 o’clock and Minji was waiting for you by now. *Mianhae JiJi! Unnie will be there soon!*

 Again, this was one of those times you wished you could be by her side, but it was so difficult trying to juggle everything all at once. *I hope she’s ok…* You picked up your cell and called her to let her know you might be a little later than usual.

You walked into the kitchen lifting up the sleeves of your shirt and began cooking immediately. You opened the fridge to take out the tofu and kimchi to make spicy stew because that was one of Exos’ favorite. As you waited for the water to boil, you cracked a few eggs into a bowl, added chopped carrots and green onion and beat it together until it was nicely mixed to make the rolled egg omelet.

“Na Yeon,” Baekhyun walked over to your side. “Stop cooking and go rest. We can make dinner tonight.”

Suho and D.O also came in as well. “Yeah, leave it to us. We aren’t horrible cooks either.”

“I’m alright.” You said without looking up from the pan. “You should go rest instead. I’ll call you guys once the table is set.”

Baekhyun grabbed the spatula from your hand and turned you to face him. “Why are you so stubborn? You’re barely healing from yesterday and you fell down the stairs just an hour ago, yet you claim to be alright. Na Yeon, don’t overdo yourself like this. It’s not good for your body.”

Suho and D.O agreed. They didn’t like seeing you pushed yourself to the limit either.

“Guys,” You took the spatula back from him to flip the egg. “I feel like I’m always saying this, but I’M OK.” You chuckled. “If you all want to, you could help me.”

He stared at you lovingly and nodded. That perfect smile of yours never failed to make his heart flutter, yet it always made him wonder what you hid behind those eyes. *She keeps smiling and acting ever so strongly. I’m afraid of what she really holds inside her heart.*

D.O took over the kimchi soup, while Suho finished making the rolled eggs. Baekyun rinsed the rice and cooked it in the rice cooker. You began setting the table with chopsticks and spoons. Once the rice was ready, you took out 12 bowls and scooped some into each.

 “Guys, come and eat. Food is ready.” They were all in the living room just watching television. “Thanks noona!” Sehun smiled and got up.

 Luhan and Xiumin got up lazily and walked towards you. “We’re tired…” They complained. Luhan stopped in front of you and lay is head on your shoulder.

“Hold me…” He whined.

“Aigoo.” You poked him. “You’re giving me the chills!” You cringed. Xiumin pushed him away from you and dragged him to the table. “Yah! Baozi, why’d you interrupt us?!”

Kris, Chen, and Lay were the last to be seated at the table, but there were three empty seats left. “Where is Kai, Chanyeol and Tao?” You looked around.

“Kai went out.” Suho answered. “Oh…” You felt a little disappointed.

“Chanyeol and Tao are moping upstairs.” Kris pointed towards the stairs with his chopsticks.

You scowled. “You yelled at him didn’t you?”

“No….” He looked down and put a spoon of rice into his mouth.

“He’d be the first one at the table fighting with Sehun.” You walked towards the stairs to go talk to them. “And Yeol would be…..happily talking.”

“Na Yeon, come eat. I’ll go get them.” Suho offered. “Aniyo. I think they’re punishing themselves for earlier, so it’s best if I talk to them instead.”

When you reached their bedroom the door was closed, but unlock. You knocked three times and slowly opened it. “Tao, Yeol are you in there?” You poked your head inside. Tao was on his bed with his back leaning against the headboard staring into space. Chanyeol was lying down on his side facing the wall.

*I feel like a mother trying to talk things out with her children.* You sighed and walked in. You went over to Tao first and sat down on the edge of the bed. He looked at you surprised and sat up a little.

“Why are you up here while Sehun’s eating your portion downstairs?” You glanced over to see his reaction, but he looked uninterested. “Ok…what’s the matter? Are you still upset about earlier?”

“I’m…really sorry.” He looked down at his fingers. “I should have been more careful.” You could see the sadness over swept his face.

“Tao, look at me.” You patted his hand. “I’m not a slight bit mad at you. Accidents happen sometimes that we can’t prevent. I don’t blame you or Chanyeol because it wasn’t on purpose. However, if you don’t brighten up and go eat dinner, I might be really angry and throw away all your panda cookies as well.” You smiled.

 He looked at you and knew you were really sincere and it made him feel a lot better. “Does that mean I could still play with you like before?” You saw the hope in his eyes and chuckled. “Sure…but you have to go easy on me.”

He smiled instantly. “I promise.” “Good, now go down and eat before it’s all gone.” He nodded, got up, and left. *He’s still a kid at heart.*

You looked across the room to Chanyeol who wasn’t budging. “You’re not sleeping are you?” You tried to peek over at him then got up to get closer.

“Yeol…” You shook him. “I know you’re angry at yourself so can I ask you to please stop? Like I said before, I’m not upset. You don’t believe me when I say I’m ok? Should I go get a check up and prove--”

He sat up immediately and faced you. His eyes were still filled with the same guilt. “I’m useless for not being able to protect you and break your fall. It’s haunting me seeing you hurt.” His words rather touched you. You could tell he really cared about your safety.

“You’re not useless, Yeol.” You leaned against the bed. “If you were able to stop me from falling, you’ll be superman instead of my happy Chanyeol. Besides, I’m really fortunate and I think luck is always on my side. How many people have you seem rolled down the stairs and not break anything? I surprise myself sometimes being made of steel.” You rubbed your neck and laughed.

“Because you’re not mad, it makes me even more guilty.” Chanyeol pulled you into a hug and the back of your head like you were the most precious thing to him. He couldn’t explain the feeling he was having anymore. Your words of comfort flew directly into his heart and it made him melt completely. *She said I’m her happy Chanyeol.* Nothing was better than hearing that from you.

His hug made you tense up, but you didn’t pull back knowing he needed it to be assured. You relaxed a little and patted his back lightly. You would have never imagined how close Exo would become to you and you were afraid of their attachment at the same time.

You were finally were able to bring Chanyeol down to join the others, but the clock was ticking and Minji was all you could think about. *Damn it...I really have to go.*

“Why are you just standing there?” D.O looked up. “Aren’t you going to sit and eat with us?”

“No…er…” You scratched your head trying to think of a way to leave. “I have a few things I need to go get at my place so can you guys do me a favor and just throw the dishes in the sink after you’re done eating and I’ll wash it when I get back. THANKS BYE!” You ran into your room quickly grabbed your bag and head towards the door.

“WAIT.” Kris stopped you before you even had the chance to open it. “What do you need at your place during this hour? It’s so late already.”

You slowly turned around hissing under your breath. “Just…I need..I need..more pajamas.”

“You can just wear ours. We have extra….” Baekhyun suggested. “That’s if you don’t mind.”

“No. I have other things to get as well. I’ll see you later!” You were impatiently trying to leave

“Then we’ll take you. It’s not safe for you to go alone.” Suho got up from his seat.

“A-ANDWAE!!” You held up hands out and shook your head drastically. “Taking the bus is a lot safer than you think. You guys had a long day, so it’s best if I go by myself.”

Exo stared at you suspiciously, but don’t stop you any further. Once you were out the door they quickly discussed who should follow you.

“I’ll go.” Baekhyun got up. Kris, Chanyeol, and Luhan, wanted to tag along as well.

“All four of you are going?” Suho looked at them in disbelief. “I don’t think that’s a good idea. You’ll attract too much attention.”

“One of us has to go. We’re the leader.” Kris had a good excuse for going. “We’ll be fine. Hyungnim will drive us anyways.” They all nodded. Suho sighed and said nothing more.