Secretive

Our Maid Sky Blue

 

“Hyung, what’s that?” Sehun pointed to the bag beside Luhan in the car. “Oh…” He bent down to grab it. “Here, it’s just food.”

“Food?!” Tao eagerly took it from him.

“Where’d you get it?” Xiumin asked peeking over Tao who was digging through it.

“The maid?” Suho looked at Luhan. He nodded watching Tao munch on the toast.

 “Whaa...that’s kind of her.” Lay happily took one as well.

“Tao, stop being greedy and share.” Chanyeol who was sitting next to D.O reached over and grabbed a slice. “You want some D.O?” He shook his head. He was still kind of upset about what happened earlier with Kai.

Kai sat in the way back looking out the window and not saying a word. “Try some.” Lay handed him a small bowl with the porridge you had made. “No thanks.” He had no appetite to eat in the morning.

“Good, give it to me!” Tao snatched it from Lay’s hand.

“Yah! You had yours and D.O’s share already!” Sehun stole it from him and began to eat it.

 “Sehun, I got it first!” Tao gave him a death glare.

 “Learn how to share maknaes.” Kris leaned over and gave him his.

Chen laughed at them while he drank his honey tea. *Tsk..tsk..kids.*

Suho nudged Luhan lightly in the rib. “What’s wrong?”

He turned to look at him. “Huh? Nothing…why?” Suho searched his face and smiled evilly.

 “Do you remember what you did to…” Luhan instantly clasped a hand over his mouth telling him to be quiet.

“What did you do?” Chanyeol perked from his seat interested. Suho chuckled lightly and exchanged glances with Kris. “Ask Kris.” Luhan squinted his eyes at him ‘don’t say a word’, but that didn’t stop him.

“Care to tell us who Jessica is? Because the last time I heard, that wasn’t the maid’s name.” Kris questioned him smirking. Everyone was now staring at Luhan waiting for an answer.

“Jessica? My Jessica?” Sehun stopped eating and looked at him wide eyes. “Hyung!”

“Wait...wait.” Xiumin held out his hands. “None of us is understanding this.”

“Yeah, who the hell is Jessica and why is she YOURS, Sehun?” Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows at Kris to elaborate further. He shrugged and pointed to Luhan.

“And why does the maid have anything to do with it?” Chen arched an eyebrow.

“Uh-oh…What did you do to our maid?” Lay asked crossing his arms.

“If she leaves us, you’re responsible for all the house chores from now on.” D.O leaned his head against the seat and stared at him.

“Why are you not saying anything?” Tao just had to in too. Kai watched at the back as they interrogated Luhan. He secretly wanted to know what had happened that had made him so embarrassed to talk.

“Bad boy Luhan.” Xiumin snickered shaking his head. Sehun and Chanyeol continued to pester him not letting the subject go.

Luhan scowled and face palmed himself. *These big mouths.* It was going to be a long ride to the studio.

~~~

You finally took out the last load of laundry and threw them all in a basket. You now had at least 4 big baskets full of clean clothes. However, there was one problem. *Whose clothes belongs to who?* You scratched your head and sat down on the floor to start folding them.

“They can figure it out themselves.” You murmured. You separate the pants, shorts, shirts, and tank tops, so it’ll be easier for them to find later. Without looking, you picked up someone’s underwear and began to fold it. Once you realized what it was, you instantly threw it back into the basket embarrassed. *What the…*

“Need some help?” Baekhyun knocked on the open door.

“Omo!” You jumped and looked up. Your face turned a deep shade of pink.

“Why are you so surprised?” He walked towards you and the pile of clothes. He sat down across from you and picked up the brief that you just threw in the basket.

“I...I...”*I’m going to die.* You really wished you could disappear right now. You could have sworn face dropped to the ground in complete humiliation.  Baekhyun glanced up and saw your stiffened composure and he bit his lip to stop himself from smiling. Truthfully speaking, he was there the whole time and had seen everything. He suppressed his laughter and pretended to concentrate on the clothes.

“You should go back and rest. I can do it myself.” You leaned over to pull the basket away from him, but he also holds onto it. “Are you sure? There’s a lot more of these in there.” He held up a boxer and grinned.

You quickly let go and picked up a t-shirt in defeat. You neatly fold it and put it together with the other piles.

“Feeling better?” You questioned. Baekhyun looked at you and saw the concern on your face. “Are you worried?”         

“I should be.” You nodded. “I’ll be in trouble if anything happens.” He laughed. *Sounds like you’re more worried for yourself.*

You and Baekhyun continued to fold all the clothes and talked about random things. He was friendly and fun to talk to and you could sense he had a bit of silliness in him. His smile was endearingly adorable and it made you blush each time.

He furtively thought the same about you. You were easy going and it took little effort that had you smiling away. He found your laughter to be quite soothing to the ears. You were different from most girls or so maids, that he had met and it felt refreshing. Undeniably, he found warmth in your presence, and of course, those unique sky blue eyes of yours, could not be forgotten.

After Baekhyun helped you figure out which clothes belonged to whom, you neatly made 12 piles and brought it to each rightful owner’s room. You then made their beds and vacuumed the floor, but also tried not to touch anything personal.

Done with that, you went into the living room, shocked to see what was in front of you. *No way. How the hell did this happen?* Everything that you had put away the day before was back to its original spot. The DVDs, CDs, and games were everywhere on the floor and the coffee table. *I’m going to kill whoever did this.* You sighed and began to clean it up again.

“It’s going to be the same again tomorrow.” Baekhyun said behind you. He was wearing his training clothes and a duffle bag was slung over his left shoulder.

“Leaving for practice?” You stood up.

“Yeah, I can’t afford to fall behind more than I already am.”  He was tired, but he couldn’t stay home the entire day.

“I’m sure your fans would love you even if you were just rolling around the stage.” You laughed trying to bring up his mood. You could clearly see the drain in his face, but a star has to do what a star has to do.

“Very funny.” He made a face, but grinned. “I…uh…will see you later then.” He waved and walked towards the door.

“Baekhyun!” You called and he turned around. “Fighting!” You winked. He laughed at your random cuteness and left.

~~~

Kai stepped out of the studio for a quick break to answer a call. He leaned against the brick wall and pulled out his cell.

 “What is it Yuri?”

     “Oppa. Lets meet tonight”

“I can’t. I told you that yesterday.”

     “Waeyo?! I want to see you though.”

“Not today. You can’t keep calling me like this either.”

      “Then I’ll come see you at the apartment.”

“Yuri! Don’t make things difficult for me.”

     “But oppa-”

“I have to go.” Kai hung up as he saw Baekhyun come out of the van and walked up the steps.

“Shouldn’t you be resting right now?” He opened the door and they both walked into the studio building. 

“I’m fine now.”  Baekhyun looked at him as they continued walking. “Kai, can I ask you something?”

“Yeah. What’s up?”

“Was what you said earlier about not letting me go to the hospital the entire truth?” He eyed Kai hoping for a straight answer. Whatever was the problem, Exo should have the right to know and Kai shouldn’t hide anything because they are in it together and has treated each other as family.

Kai paused, thinking for a long while and then stopped walking. He looked at Baekhyun. “It’s the truth. You don’t believe me?” *I’m not sure how to tell you guys the truth. Just let me try to handle it first.*

He searched Kai’s face and then looked down. “I…do.”  

Kai gave him a weak smile and opened the door to the dance room and went in. Baekhyun stood rooted to the ground. *Kai, I know you’re hiding something from us.*