God Knows

Our Maid Sky Blue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdljTawR2Nc&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLH6cO2z9Yqg2tJ5GQtU4FmA

“What’s with that look?” D.O sat down next to Kai at the back seat of the van.

“What look?” Kai took out his headphones and leaned his head against the window when the car began to take off.

“The look of irritation and failure.” He knew him a little too well.

Kai shrugged and pretended not to know what he was implying. “Me? Failure? Pffs.” He stared out the window to avoid any eye contact, but turned his head back when he thought of something that has been bothering him.

“Let’s play Kai Bai Boh.”

“What?” D.O raised an eyebrow at him. “Why?”

“Just do it!” Kai grabbed his right hand and balled it into a fist for him. “Ready?—Kai Bai BOH!

Kai won.

D.O received a flick to his forehead.

“Ow!”

“Ready. Kai Bai BOH!

Kai won.

Another flick to D.O’s forehead.

“Yah—OW!” He rubbed the spot wincing. “What’s the point of this?!”

Ignoring him, Kai demanded, “One more time. Kai Bai BOH!

He won again.

 “W-wait—”

Flick!

“OW!” D.O slapped a hand over the throbbing red spot on his poor forehead.

“Why do I have a feeling that you’re venting anger out on me?” He pouted.

“Who’s the failure now, hyung?” Kai smirked victoriously blowing preciously onto his hand.

 “I’m surprised you even remember that I’m your hyung.” D.O muttered and looked away, arms crossed.

“Tsk.” Kai chuckled as he turned the other way. He shut his eyes, but wasn’t feeling any better about beating D.O. He was only trying to prove something. To prove that he still had the skills in him.

I’m good at this, so how did I lose?

Frustrated and annoyed that he was bothered tremendously about losing to Baekhyun earlier, he found himself selfishly wanting to ride the bus with you to the hospital so very badly.

 Just the two of you alone was all he needed.

It would have been wonderful.

The night was perfect.

However, you couldn’t make a decision between the hopeful two, so you declined their offers and declared that going alone was the only solution to keep Exo undiscovered. When you turned towards the front step of the door and bent down to put on your shoes, the two silently made a quick rock paper scissor.

“Kai Bai Boh!” They whispered.

Baekhyun- Rock

Kai- Scissor

He scowled when Baekhyun patted his shoulder ‘sympathetically’ and went to catch up with you. You were completely oblivious to their little act and game and only nodded when Baekhyun had told you that Kai decided to stay and leave with the others.

His mind couldn’t help wondering about what you and Baekhyun was doing right now during the ride there.  He recalled the look on your face before you stepped out of the house, but replaced it quickly with a smile when Baekhyun seized your wrist and pulled you away.

Was it disappointment I had seen?  Whatever it was, he still felt like a sore loser.

D.O was right.

He was a failure.

~~~

“Are you regretting this now?” You whispered to Baekhyun as the two of you entered the crowded bus squeezing pass the bodies to get to the aisle. All seats were taken and many were standing so you grabbed a railing and held on signaling him to do so as well.

Baekhyun stood in front of you with his back facing the people and his body slightly touching yours. Your forehead came up to his chin and made contact. Thankfully, because the bus was so loud and full, no one even noticed his existent. He relaxed a bit, but his pounding heart couldn’t. Having you so close to him like this made his knees weak.

Baekhyun sneakily took this chance to observe how innocent you appeared up close. Your soft feature of creamy white skin surrounded by gentle blue eyes, long curled lashes, peachy full lips, and a button nose complimented everything about you.

Your sweet flowery aroma that he loved so much was now floating blissfully around him and it made his mind light and fluffy. He watched you cocked your head to the side adorably, unaffected about the body contact and unaware of that fact that he was literally falling deeper for you.

No, I don’t regret coming at all. “Because I’m with you.” Baekhyun unconsciously blurted and slapped himself mentally when your shiny round eyes shot up at him.

 “Hmm?” You tilted your head back to look at him questionably because you didn’t quite catch what he had said.

“I-I…nothing.” He shook his head and let out a nervous chuckle. “Is it usually crowded like this?”

“No.” You looked around. “Maybe because they know you’re here.” You joked and laughed. Baekhyun bit his lip and smiled when your beautiful laughter filled his ears.

Just then, the bus came to an abrupt stop, jerking you forward harshly. A low yelp escaped your lips as you crashed into Baekhyun who instantly seized your waist to prevent you from flying down the aisle. He put one hand at the small of your back and hovered securely over you while his free hand gripped the metal bar behind you.

“Are you okay?” He stared down at you concerned. You nodded.

“M-mian.” You gulped and tried to scoot further back as possible to give room between the two of you. Your face felt like it had set on fire at the way Baekhyun’s eyes bored lovingly into you. You held your hands up to your chest and nervously fiddled with your fingers. The tingling touch of his hands lightly pressed behind you made you tense up embarrassedly.

Baekhyun grinned boyishly and his heart fluttered when he saw you bashfully look away from his gaze. Your cheeks, a deeper shade of pink than before, contrasted upon your face attractively and he had to stop himself from leaning down to plant a kiss on it.

He used this time wisely to enjoy being near you. Just the both of you and no one else to be of disturbance. Delicately, he curled a strand of your hair behind your ear, still keeping on a straight face; although he was imperceptibly drowning in his own feelings right now. 

God knows he wanted time to stop.

After a few stops, the passengers on the bus began to lesson and the two of you took a seat at the far end of the bus.

While you sat there quietly, Baekhyun stole glances your way. He stuck his hand in the pocket of his pants and pulled out a small jewelry box. He clutched it in his palms, hesitant about giving it to you.

A second of pondering, he picked up your hand and put the box in it. Surprised, you instantly stared at it, then up at him.

“What-is this?”

He chuckled lightly, “It’s for you.”

“Baekhyun—”

“Open it!” He insisted you. You gazed him straight in the eyes before you flipped open the top. Inside was a small pair of angel wing earrings decorated with tiny diamonds.

Wow.

“Do you like it?” He flashed you a heartwarming smile; his eyes sparkling. Other than nodding, you didn’t know what else to say. It was something you didn’t expect. All these gifts were overwhelming, yet you knew it came from their hearts.

 “I don’t wear earrings…but I’ll wear these because you bought them.” You smiled running your thumb over it. “It’s beautiful. Thank you Baekhyun.”

“You’re welcome.” Baekhyun head bumped you lightly, delighted that you liked it. The way your eyes admired the gift couldn’t have made him happier. 

Angel wings…that’s what OUR Angel needs. 

And he desperately yearned to be with this Angel next to him. 

He wanted to tell you...and soon.

~~~

The guys were ecstatic to see Minji, but even more when she remembered each one of them, especially Kai. Although the night was a little chilly since fall was getting closer and the setting sun was almost out of sight, you enjoyed watching Minji run and play freely instead of being cooped up in her hospital room.

“Oppa! She called me oppa!!” Luhan jumped and punched the air dramatically. He picked her up into his arms and swung her around as she let out a high pitch laugh.

“Yah! Give her back!” Chanyeol ran after them. His long legs carried him so wildly and quickly that you were almost afraid he was going to trip and fall.

You giggled at the sight, sitting legs crossed on the green grass with Sehun. He had his head on your shoulders and gripped your arm for security like a child. You reached up and ruffled his hair teasingly trying to push him off of you. He only held on tighter and wrapped both arms around you pouting.

Sehun was attached. And you knew it too. Tao came over and did the same.  Fighting for your affection once again.

God knows you need them just as much.

 “Can’t we just…you know…clone her or something because obviously no one wants to share.” Xiumin put his hands on his hips while he squint his eyes at the three.

“No, we can’t CLONE her.” Suho laughed.

“Kai oppa!” Minji freed herself from Luhan and Chanyeol and began running towards Kai with arms open. Exo watched, jealously flickered across their faces.

“Why Kai?” D.O scoffed. “He’s the meanest out of us.”

“Maybe because he was the first to find her.” Kris reasoned recalling their first encounter.

Kai crouched down and exceedingly scooped her into his arms. She cupped his face with her hands and smiled ever so brightly at him. He leaned over and kissed her forehead endearingly before Chen snatched her away and skid over to the others.

“Bye Oppa!” She waved.

God knows, he loves this little girl.

Kai then looked up at you; catching your starry eyes, watching the way the corner of your lips turned up when you smiled so gorgeously, swayed his heart. Your soft, yet almost husky-like voice echoing throughout the garden sent chills down his spine. His knees buckled when your eyes turned into half moons creating little wrinkles on the corners.

He wanted time with you. Just a little will do.

And when you walked over to him, he almost thought you had read his mind. You glowed so unrealistically yet stunningly underneath the moon, that every step you took towards him made him panic a bit more.

“Kai…”

 The soft whisper of his name coming from you was more than enough to make him go crazy.  

“You’re freezing. Are you ok?” He stood still when you tippy toed and placed a hand gently on his cheek.

“No.” He replied truthfully receiving a rather worried expression from you.

His eyes stared into you, wordlessly wishing you’ll see all the emotions he held through them. The feelings he tried to hide was becoming more visible by the second when you stood there emerging so angelically before him. What was he going to do about this?

His heart raced madly…thumped uncontrollably…faltered miserably.

God knows, I love this woman.

Instantaneously, Kai s his hand around your neck and passionately pulled you into his arms. He breathed in deeply and allowed his eyelids to fall over.

This was it; all he wanted.

To feel your presence and the warmth of your body against his was the answer to calm his heart, but break it at the same time. Just for this moment, he secluded the world from the two of you, drowning into your embrace, and only held onto you tighter when he was afraid you’ll slip away.

He forgot to warn you beforehand.

You forgot how to breathe in the end.

~~~

Lol the fastest update i've ever had! hope you all enjoy! <3 thank you!