Airport

Our Maid Sky Blue

As you dashed towards Incheon Airport with your bag slung securely across your shoulders, you double checked that you haven’t left Xiumin’s passport in the taxi. You hoped that you weren’t too late and maybe they had already taken off by now, but you knew he wouldn’t be able to to board the plane without it.

Photobucket

You haven’t even entered the building yet when you notice at once the massive amount of people that surrounded the entrance. Wether or not they were there to see Exo, the sight in front of you was awfully overwhelming.

Your heart factually dropped knowing that there was very little chance for you to be able to find them in this mob. However, when you thought about Xiumin being in trouble for not having his passport, you didn’t want to just give up and leave. Taking a deep breath, you nervously stepped towards the sliding doors, holding his passport securely over your chest in one hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIteREcE1hg

Inside, the entire airport terminal was packed with thousands of screaming fangirls holding up banners, poster boards, and signs. Many were shouting, chanting, and waiting excitedily with their cameras and phones ready to take pictures. They were all being held back by a few security guards that had lined up ready to lead Exo to their desitination.

Photobucket

If you told yourself that you weren’t afraid, then you were aboely lying. Truthfully, this was a lot scarier than being swept away by the waves and almost drowning. There was practically no room on floor for you to step on and everyone wanted a chance to see Exo. You could feel the crowds from behind pushed forward allowing you to skid between several people and joined a large group of girls that held a giant Luhan banner.

You then made a daring attempt to squeeze pass a few girls who glared at you in annoyance. “Mianhae…mianhae.” You apologized with a bow. Just a little further you needed to go before you reached the front.

At that very moment, everyone began squealing and screaming ‘Exo’ louder than ever before causing your ear drums to ring. *They’re coming!* Your face lit up with anticipation as you leaned your body forward to see them.

After you heard the guards began to yell for everyone to stand back and make room, the pushing at the back increased spectacularly. Even without trying, you were forced to follow wherever the crowd headed. Your eyes darted over the horde of fans frantically hoping to catch a glimpse of Kris or Chanyeol because they would be perched above everyone else.

As if your prayers were answered, you spotted Chanyeol who was in the middle of the train walking with D.O and Baekhyun. You immediately grazed through with your entire effort and pushed pass numerous girls who cursed at you and sneered angrily in your face.

 “CHANYEOL!” You shouted, but it was impossible for him to distinguish your voice from the thousands of other girls calling his name as well. “BAEKHYUN!! D.O!!” Not even you could hear yourself.

*How am I going to get this to Xiumin?* You stared down at the passport hopelessly. *What was I even thinking to come here?* The one thing you hated most was being enclosed by so many people like you were now.

Even worse, the temperature in the room was so stuffy and hot that you could barely breathe. You felt clustered and scared and your body began to shake a little. You swallowed hard and decided that you came too far to turn back and the exiting doors were out of your reach. *Just a little more to go. I can do it.*

You stood on your tippy toes and made another effort to get his attention. “YEOL!!” You urgently called as you jumped up and down hoping he would soon turn around and see you. *Jaebal…just turn around.*

Chanyeol who was engaged in a conversation with D.O, looked up at once when he faintly heard his name being called by such a familiar voice. *Yeol?* His eyes widened. Only one person called him that and it was…*Maid.* He whipped his head from side to side to see if he’ll hear it again.

Photobucket

“Did you hear that?” He turned to D.O who stared at him confused. “All that screaming? Yes.”

“Ani…” He shook his head. “I heard Maid’s voice.”

“Muh?” Exo looked at him. “Na Yeon?”

Photobucket

At your name, Kai took out the earphones in his ears right away and began to search above the crowd. *She can’t be here…she better not be here.* He turned in circles browsing briefly at the fans who surrounded them. If you really were there, he’d notice you right away, but there were so many people that it was unfeasible for him to see clearly.

“You’re probably hearing things.” Suho began walking ahead again as the security guards began to shove them harder.

“Yeah, we already told her not to come.” D.O slapped his arm and pulled him along although he couldn't help looking around just in case you really were there.

Photobucket

“But, I really did hear her voice…” Chanyeol was sure of it that it was you. The sound of your voice was so unique and apparent that even from miles away, he’ll know it’s you.

*Can it be?* Baekhyun paused and looked around him swiftly. He knew Chanyeol wouldn’t be making up things like that, but something inside him was also telling him that your presence was nearby.

“Guys, we have a bigger problem.” Xiumin’s face turned pale. “My passport isn’t with me.”

“Ah just terrific!” Luhan slapped a hand over his face while Kris walked over to them to see what was going on. “How could you forget your passport?”

“I…I had it in my back pocket when we were at the house, but…it’s not here anymore. I checked everywhere.” Xiumin looked at them worriedly as Chen turned him around and searched the pouch of his backpack.

“We’ll let hyung-nim know once we pass all these fans and reach the elevator.” Kris said quickly. “Come on; we can’t stop here. We have to keep moving.”

They all formed back into a line, ignored the cameras and screamings, and made their way through the swarm of fans. Kai kept glancing behind him feeling uneasy and unconvinced that you really weren’t there. Something just didn’t seem right to him.

As everyone began moving rapidly again, you easily compelled ahead with the help of the continuous shoves from behind. While you tried not to lose sight of Exo, several girls rammed harshly into you causing you to stumble a few feet to the front. That’s when you saw Kai who was walking slowly after D.O, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun.

“Kai…” You whispered glad to see him. Now was your chance to give him Xiumin’s passport. *Just a little closer, then he’ll see me.* Your mind turned off the deafening noise in the background, disregarded all the angry sneers, and avoided the security guards while you persisted onwards eagerly.

Even though you were being really rude by just squeezing through the fans like nobody’s business, you didn’t think twice about stopping. Instead, you swiftly ran passed one of the guards who was too busy shoving the other people back and stood a good five feet away from Kai.

“KAI!!” You cried out his name as loud as possible. “KAI!”

Both Kai and Chanyeol turned around right away to the sound of you. “Na Yeon!” They looked at you shocked. Baekhyun immediately grabbed onto Suho to prevent Exo from going any further. Once they all stopped, the crowd began to enclose on them. No matter how much the guards where urging them to keep moving, they stood rooted to the ground staring at you in alarm.

“IS SHE INSANE?! WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE?!” D.O shouted over the all the screamings. The others were more concerned then surprised to see you. You were being aggressively pushed about like a doll and they wanted to get you away from there badly.

“Get her out of there!” Chanyeol who was too far from you yelled frantically.

“NOONA!” Sehun and Tao were extremely frightened for you safetly. You were petite and within the large crowd you could be easily trampled over.

Exo were so close, yet so distant from you. With the passport in your hand, you reach out your arm desperately hoping they’ll know what you were trying to do.

Photobucket

Kai suddenly stepped out to get to you. It looked like you were trying to give him something, but he didn’t know what it was. He ignored the security guards’ harsh pushes and reached out for you as well. That’s when he noticed the passport you were holding and knew that you were there to give it to Xiumin.

*You pabo! You came here just for this?* He forcefully propelled his body towards you as fans took that chance to touch and grab him. “Take my hand!” He yelled.

You instantly stretched for it and when both your hands were only inches away until it touched, someone from behind ruthlessly grabbed your pony tail and yanked you back. Your hair tie broke and slipped right off causing all your hair to fall.

“NA YEON AH!!” Kai’s eyes widened and his heart raced at an uneven pace when he you saw you stagger backwards. *Please Na Yeon, whatever you do, just don’t fall.*

You quickly balanced yourself so you wouldn’t go down, but as you tried to; your left foot tripped over someone else’s causing you to crash into a few innocent people. The passport flew out of your hands and onto the ground during the impact. Thankfully, it made it pass the hundreds of stomping feet and slid towards D.O. who swiftly bent down to pick it up.

“XIUMIN!” He called for him and held up the passport.

Photobucket

Xiumin’s eyes widened and took it from D.O right away. “Na Yeon…she came all the way to give this to me?” His looked down at it regretfully.

The expression written over Exos’ face was filled with fear for you because they couldn’t do anything to get you out of the crazy crowd of fans. Chanyeol went around the other members and stood near Kai who had lost sight of you. He began to grow tremendously irritated at the crowd for not calming down. All he needed was a little bit of room to pull you into their circle where you’ll be safer.

“She’s right there!” Baekhyun pointed at you fervently. When he was about to lunge forward to get you, he was immediately shoved to the side and got separated from the two. He felt Luhan’s hand took him by the wrist and dragged him away before the fans did. Now, the only ones left behind was Kai and Chanyeol while the others were strained to keep moving.

“MAID!!” Chanyeol finally spot you while Kai tried to get your attention again. He could tell you were going to collapse soon and that made him even more nervous that he couldn’t even get close enough to grasp you.

*No, you better not faint now.* Kai prayed. “NA YEON! LOOK AT  ME!!”

Beads of sweat trickled down your flushed face as you panted for air drastically. Your body began to hyperventilate and you felt like it was going to shut down on you any moment. Cameras flashed before your eyes blinding you from seeing anything. You looked up blinking a few times to clear your vision and saw Kai reaching for you, both your eyes coming into contact. You swallowed hard and took a step frontward meeting him halfway.

At that moment, one of the guards grabbed your shoulders and ed you harshly towards a large pillar thinking you were about to do something dangerous to Kai. Your shoulder slammed vigoriously into it and sharp pain shot eurrupted. Tears of pain swelled up into your eyes blurring your vision.

“NO!!” Kai and Chanyeol’s heart dropped to the pit of their stomach seeing you being violently thrown like that. “Na Yeon ah!!”

The next thing you knew, the guard came up to you and held you roughly by the arm. He was shouting all sorts of nonsense in your face that you couldn’t make out. Because you were so dazed, you didn’t even bother to sake him off.

“NO!! DON’T HURT HER!” Chanyeol begged as tears swelled his frightened brown eyes.

Photobucket

He clenched his fist in rage wanting badly to tackle whoever stood in his way. *How dare you hurt my maid, you bastard.* He began to tread heatedly forward when Suho grabbed his arm forcefully.

“Stop Chanyeol!” He hissed. “Compose yourself!” He too was extremely worried about you. However, he knew you wouldn’t want them to lose control over this nor have Chanyeol create a ruckus in front of all these people. Even the news was here. With you in his heart and prayers to be ok, he pulled an objecting and furious Chanyeol away.

“LET GO OF HER!” Kai glowered at the guard angrily. If he was able to get his hands on him, he’ll rip his head apart for harming you. The guard took off instantly as Kai fought his way towards you not giving up or think twice about everything that would be caught on camera. So badly, he wanted to protect you.

To be this weak and afraid was really unlike you, but no matter how much you told yourself to stay strong, your body didn’t want to listen. With the lightest shove, you went plummeting down to the hard floor with the thousands of people parading around you; not bothering to stop and help. *What’s happening? Why can’t I get up.* You shut your eyes tightly in pain knowing that your knees has already gave in on you.

It felt like enternity for Kai to get to you. His was going insane, not being able to see you anymore. His eyes frantically searched for you, but you were gone. *Where are you Na Yeon?!* His mind screamed for you.

“!” He darted around yanking at his hair in frustration. He then looked down and saw you on the ground biting your lip and wincing.

“No…” He whispered shakingly and dove in for you. “Na Yeon ah!” He grabbed onto your arms. You stare up at him in surprise. “Kai.”

“You have to get up.” Kai heaved you up to your feet rapidly. “Can you walk?” Kai cupped your faced and searched your eyes. A ton of weight escaped his heart, relieved that you were in front of him right now.

“Kai, go.” You shook your head urging him to leave quickly. “Ballee…” The hundred fans were screaming and yelling at Kai and many cursing in your direction.

“Who’s this ?!”

“Why is Kai with her?!”

“That stupid !”

“She fell on purpose so Exo would help her!”

“Let’s go together.” Kai paid no attention to them and held onto your hand. He began to pull you when their manager came through the crowd and immediately pushed you away. Your hand disconnected from Kai’s like a string breaking apart as you watched the manager protectively linked an arm around his shoulder, taking him towards the escalator speedily.

Kai was unwilling to leave you there, but he couldn’t protest. As he stepped onto the escalator and it took him up, he turned around to see you. Over the horde of people, you looked so fragile and small. He clearly noticed the tears that brimmed heavily over your blue eyes, but you don’t let them fall. Whether they were from pain or sadness, seeing them made his inside coil in agon. His heart has never ached so much before like it did now. Watching you suffer and get hurt right before his eyes was like a sharp knife cutting leisurely; deeply into his flesh.