Gifts

Our Maid Sky Blue

 

“Come in.” You called out to the person who was knocking on your door. It was just about time to go see Minji, so you were in your room getting ready and putting some of Minji’s stuff in your bag. Your door slowly creeked open and D.O poked his head in shyly.

Biting his lip nervously, he walked in holding a small box behind his back. You hadn’t bothered to look up, too engrossed in packing.

“A-are you going somewhere?” D.O softly spoke when he saw that you were unaware of his presence. After he spent almost an hour trying to calm down and finding a way to apologize to you for what he’s done earlier, he finally found the courage to come and meet you.

You paused and straightened up right away when you realized that it was D.O speaking. With a sweater in one hand, you gradually turned around to face him. Immediately, you could tell he was embarrassed by the way his milky cheeks flushed a deep shade of crimson and his encompassing dark orbs darted from side to side. A small smile couldn’t help itself from forming when you saw him fidgeting with his fingers.

Cute…

You let out a sigh knowing why he was acting so unlike the D.O you’ve come to know. For what occurred hours before, you had already made up your mind to hold no grudges against him.

Accidents can happen.

No wait.

Accidents ALWAYS happen.

Well, with you, that is.

“D.O…” You said his name gently and he looked up at you; his breath knocked right out. It was impossible for him to hide how he was insanely blushing and seeing you there looking so damn innocently back at him made him melt into a puddle of goo.

Ok, deep breaths D.O. Deep breaths. He repeated in his mind.

“I’m going to see Minji in bit. What’s up?” You casually said to him ignoring the fact that he was practically turning into a tomato. In a way, you found it quite funny how much he was affected by the ordeal.

“Look…I er,” He stammered and began walking up to you. “I’m really sorry about what happened. It wasn’t—”

“I know.” You interrupted. “I forgive you. Just…don’t do it again.” He smiled in relief. It was great that you were an understanding person or else he’ll really have to get down on his knees and beg for forgiviness.

“Thanks.” He scratched his neck before take out the box he held behind his back and handed it to you. “This…is for you.”

You only stared at it without accepting it making him feel uncomfortable. Normally, when a person offers or gives something to someone, they take it without hesitation.

“W-why?” You found yourself questioned him stupidly.

“Just take it.” D.O rolled his eyes and chuckled. “We had a little extra time to go shopping..and…so, er…I thought you might like that.”

Again, you stared at him with those enticing blue eyes that showed little sign of emotions; just pure confusion. He nodded, urgering you to open the box. You lifted the cover slowly revealing a silver braided chain bracelette with a small charm that said Faith.

It’s…beautiful.

Lost for words, you only looked up at him still questionably. What have you done to deserve this? You didn’t understand and your facial expression said it all. Smiling, he took the bracelette from you and unhooked the chain.

“It’s to help you continue to have faith.” His draped the bracelette around your tiny wrist and hooked it back in place. “Have faith in yourself…and Minji as well.”

You stared at him, touched by his benevolence. Why was D.O being so kind? It felt unrealistic, yet it was real and you found yourself shying away like a child.

 “T-Thank—you. It’s pretty. You really...didnt have to get me anything.” You whispered. He smiled genuinely and you did the same back, only now, you were blushing yourself.

“I’ll be mad if I see you take it off or—”

“MAID!”

“NOONA!!”

Thunderous voices boomed dramatically from outside your room as the clowns barged in rudely without knocking on the door. They stopped immediately when they saw D.O already there with you. Eyes bulging, mouthes opened widely, gift bags and boxes in their hands; they all blinked curiously at the two of you.

“What are you doing here D.O?” Chanyeol furrowed his brows at him holding a pink gift bag.

“Darn it.” Sehun scowled. “Hyung got here before we did.”

“Trying to up to her after what you did huh?” Luhan snickered shaking his head.

D.O gaped at their vulgar attitude knowing quite well that they were just jealous. He smirked at them feeling victorious. He didn’t need to argue back because one, you  forgave him already and two; he was the first to give you his gift.

Time to pay up, ers.

He laughed inwardly and strided towards them. “That’s 100 bucks from each of you.” He hissed happily and with a small salute, left the room; mission accomplished.

“What?” You stared at them suspiciously as D.O shut the door behind him. “You guys are up to something aren’t you?”

“N-No!!” They shook their heads and began laughing as if that was able to cover up. You shrugged and didn’t bother to ask further questions. You took a second glance at the braclette and smile as you ran your finger over the braided texture. It was thoughtful of D.O to have gotten this for you.

Faith.

You repeated in your head. Yes, you needed that.

Chanyeol saw you staring lovingly at D.O’s gift and he immediately went up to you almost colliding into you, but abruptly stopped before he did. You would have probably killed him if that happened AGAIN. Shocked at his sudden action, you took a step back and let out a jerking breath.

“Yeol, calm down. I’m not going anywhere.” You smiled lightly. It was hard not to when he was acting ridiculously lovable.

“I-I got you something too!” His loud deep voice exploded in your ears and he brought the bag up to your face.

“No! Open mine first!” Luhan, Xiumin, Sehun and Tao lunged foreward. They each held out neatly wrapped boxes in different sizes and shoved it into your arms. Chanyeol glared at them, but didn’t want to cause a scene so he fought the urge to push them out of his way.

“Whoa…” You took them all in one grasp. Chen, Suho, Lay, and Kris came in not long after with more gifts and handed them to you.

“You guys…” You gazed at them speechless. This was too much and you felt underserving. Never in your life have you received so many things before. As a matter of fact, you weren’t used to getting anything at all. Before you protested they began to push you to open the gifts.

“Open mine first!” The maknaes bellowed and chucked the other presents away leaving only their’s in your hands.

“YAH!” Chanyeol and Luhan shouted at the way Sehun and Tao carelessly threw their gifts on your bed so you could open their’s instead.

“It’s alright.” You smiled at them. “The best for last right?” Arguing was the last thing you wanted to hear. Thankfully, it worked and Chanyeol gave you his wide toothy grin while he bobbed his head up and down causing his orange curly hair to bounce in a adorable motion. You chuckled.

You quickly tore off the lid of the box to expose Sehun’s gift and found a fluffy white teddy bear wearing a ballerina dress. Without taking it out, you stared at it not saying a word. Xiumin and the others, especially Luhan and Tao, began laughing and playfully poked Sehun teasing him that it was a baby’s toy. Sehun pouted and urged you to take it out because it was more than just a teddy bear. Smiling awkwardly, because you were way too old for that kind of stuff, you willingly took it out still appreciating it all the while.

“Look at the paw!” Sehun grabbed it from your hands and pointed the bear’s right paw in front of your face.

Your eyes grew big and focused on it as you read the font out loud:

“Sehun Love’s Noona”

You heard someone make a gagging sound in the background and receive a punch for it. Sehun hissed something and scratched his head shyly not daring to look at you.

It was cute, you had to admit. You bit your lip and giggled embarrassly as the guys fawned over your endearing action. Chanyeol literally hit his head against the wall when you bent over and pinched Sehuns cheeks.

“Aigoo.” You scrunched your nose at him and smiled. “Komawo maknae. Noona….noona—loves you too.” You said the last part so low and shy that Exo held onto each other for support. It was too much to take and you were shredding them into bits and pieces.

“WHAT ABOUT US?!” They cried out childishly.

These kids. Your laugh grew louder when you saw how they were fighting for your adoration. It was amazing to you how these popular idols didn’t act their age at all, but you were glad to be the only one who got to see this side of them. The real them.

You blushed and looked down when they all stared at you handsomely.

 “Kwiyopta…” They gushed quietly to themselves so you wouldn’t notice the affect you had on them. Sehun blushed tremendously and hung his head low smiling from cheek to cheek. Warmth burst through his body and he knew he had won you over.

Next was Tao’s gift and he eyed you with eagerness pouring out of his entire being hoping you would like what you see. You pulled out a panda plushie in a karate outfit, the size similar to the one Sehun got for you. You arched an eyebrow and stared at Tao before breaking out into a grin.

“You and Sehun bought them together didn’t you?” You chuckled as Sehun glowered at Tao for copying him. The others snickered and shook their heads.

“No I didn’t!” He defended. “Sehun stole my idea first. That’s why he wanted you to open his so badly!”

“M-Muh..No way! Tao you..l-” Sehun began to retort when Suho clapped a hand over his mouth automatically.

“That’s enough you two.” Kris gave them his stern look and they became quiet at that instant.

“Arasso. Thanks Tao. When I see it, I’ll always think of you.” You softly patted his head and he beamed happily before plopping himself down on your mattress. Sighing, you took a random gift bag from besides you and started taking out the tissue paper.

“That’s mine!” Chanyeol grinned and sat up straight waiting impatiently for you to open it. You looked at him swiftly and smiled.

 Silly Yeol.

You took out a box from the bag and flipped open the cover. A pair of high top light blue converse with white stars imprinted all over it laid neatly inside.

“Pffs…thank goodness I didn’t buy that. I almost did.” You heard Luhan whisper rather loudly.

Chanyeol snapped his head to look at him, brows creased. “Tsk…quit lying.”

“Do you like them?!” He turned back at you, ignored Luhan’s remarks, and grabbed one side from your hands. He began putting it on your foot instantly.

“Y-Yeol…wait a min—” You folded in your leg to prevent him from touching you, but he held firmly on your ankle and slipped the shoe right over your foot.

“Perfect.” He nodded once puffing out his chest. “They really do match your eyes.” He was proud of himself for picking out the right size and it looked great on you.

“They’re…really pretty. I like them a lot.” You didn’t know what to do, but smile. “Thank you.” You said softly.

“Moving on!” The others rolled their eyes and grabbed their gifts and slightly shoved them your way. You laughed again and unwrapped each one carefully. Luhan got you a gold charm with your initials on them and he scowled when you said you were going to add it onto the bracelette D.O bought you.

Xiumin got you a few different colored cardigans, afraid you weren’t going to be satisfied with just one color. You chuckled and told him you liked every one of them. Lay bought you a set of beats and when you told him you liked it, but wouldn’t have anything to listen to, Chen made you open his gift and it was an ipod.

“T-thank you..b-but Chen, you didn’t need to buy me this.”

“I wanted to.” He winked.

You stopped in your tracks and stared at the rest of the gifts, not having the nerve to open them. You realized that the gifts were getting more and more expensive and you didn’t have the confident to accept it. You were of course appreciative, but it would be a burden for you. It was too much.

“What’s wrong?” Kris questioned you. “You don’t look too happy.”

“Aww I knew it.” Xiumin pouted. “I should have gotton the ipad, but…” He paused briefly and eyed Luhan angrily. “A fool here said he was going to get it instead. Apparently he didn’t!” He hissed furiously.

“No one told you to go for the grandmother sweaters.” Luhan stuck out his tongue, receiving a flick to the forehead from Xiumin.

“It’s not like that you guys.” You shook your hands at them. “Sweaters…shoes…even teddy bears. I love them all. I really do and I can accept them with no worries, but….the other stuff, it’s really too much. I don’t want you all to spend money on these—even more, on me.” You stared at the purple beats, iphone, gold charm, and was quite afraid to see what Kris and Suho had in store for you.

They all gave you unbelievable stares and then scoffed as if you were out of your mind.

“That’s it?” Luhan smacked his lips. “Your excuse for not accepting our gifts is because it’s too expensive?”

 “Oh come on Maid!” Chanyeol knudged you lightly. “It’s not like we bought you anything before.”

“Yeah, if we had a little more time, we would have—”

“Gone totally overboard.”

“But, we know how you are…” Kris added. “This is pretty normal actually.” He them smiled dashingly at you and took the gifts out of your hands replacing it with Suho’s and his. “Hurry, open ours.”

“I don’t deserve th—”

“Yes you do!” They sighed.

“We’ll have to throw them out if you decline them.” Suho stated putting on an extremely sad expression hoping it would affect you.

And of course it did….a little.

You looked down lips forming into a line. The feeling of being loved by others was too new and you found yourself avoiding it everytime they tried to give you their affection. You felt bad about not letting them into your security.

It was possibly the fact that you were afraid to allow people to see how vulnerable you actually were and wanted to hide from the cruelness of the world. Back then, you thought all you needed in your life was Minji, but maybe, just maybe it was about time you opened up your heart entirely to give room for Exo as well.

Honestly, you needed them as much as they wanted to be with you.

“You’ll like mine. It doesn’t even cost a third of Luhan’s or Chen’s.” Suho broke your chain of thoughts. You picked up his gift and untied the ribbon and flipped open the cover. A beautiful bow hairpin incrested with crystals shined against the light and glittered brightly.

“Suho…” You looked up at him. “It’s—”

“Heck, a lot more EXPENSIVE than ours!” They pointed, mouths gaped widely.

“And you said it wasn’t…” Luhan smirked at Suho who only smiled apologetically towards you. Not wanting to make another big deal about it, since you already knew he had only said that to make you open his gift, you picked the pin up and clipped it to your hair diligently.

“Thanks Suho.” You grinned cheekily. “It’s lovely.” He nodded and flushed a deep shade of red almost jumping with joy when you instantly clipped up your fringe with it. Without a doubt, it looked flawless on you.

“Go on.” Kris urged you. “You’ll like it. Mine is really…really…not up to their level so you don’t need to worry.” You eyed him warily.

“I’m serious!” He held up a hand. “Not bluffing.”

You quickly ripped open the wrapper on Kris’s present and pulled out two very thin packages.

“CDs.” You set them on your lap and ran your hand over it. One was white and the other, black. “It’s your mini albums.” You whispered smiling liking an idiot. You didn’t know why you felt so happy; perhaps because you’ve been secretly wanting them for a while now.

“Today’s your lucky day!” Chanyeol jumped on the bed grinning and sat next to you snatching the CDs away. “You’re very fortunate to get your very own private fansign from us.”

“Muh?” You looked at them confounded. “Fansign?”

“Babo.” Kris laughed and took out several pens from his pocket. “Autographs!”

“I’ll go get Baekyun, Kai, and D.O.” Suho walked out of the room.

“Guys, it’s fine. I don’t need your autographs.” You chuckled and tried to grab for the albums, but Chanyeol, being the giant he was, stretched out his arms in the air so you couldn’t reach them.

“Don’t be like that Noona!” Sehun pretended to sulk.

“Yeah, we know you’re dying to have out signatures.” Luhan sat awfully close to you and winked. You rolled your eyes, but laughed at the same time.

Fine. Whatever.

Once everyone crowded into your room, there was nowhere to sit so you got up from your bed and had the boys sit down instead since they began arguing AGAIN for the 100th time about what order they should sit in. Chanyeol wanted you to start from his side first, but Sehun, that pouty maknae and Tao the over grown baby bickered about it. D.O thought it was funny to join in and create an even noisier situation. Kris had layed down on your bed when he didn’t feel like stopping them and Suho, the pitiful piece maker, couldn’t handle all that chaos alone. His gentle voice was drowned out by their’s incredibly. Everyone else just chatted loudly over each other making your tiny room stuffy and out of control.

You stood near the door holding your albums and gifts tightly in your hands and gawked at their behaviors. These goofballs will NEVER give me a break will they? You blew a puff of air at your bangs feeling the heat getting to you.

Can someone remind me again why I like them? You took out your phone to read the time and realized that it was almost time to see Minji. You needed to find a way to get out and quick. Right when you turned towards the door to escape while they quarreled, someone grasped your arm firmly and spun you back around.

 Damn! You cursed silently, eyes tightly shut as if you’ve done a wrong deed. You roughly bumped into his chest and let out a soft OOF before composing yourself.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Kai smirked arrogantly for catching you on the run. He shook his head and pulled you over to them. You willingly followed, embarrassed for your childish act.

“Better make it quick before she leaves!” He shouted over them and they stopped almost at once.

“Guys, just do it quickly will you?” You sighed and handed the albums to Chanyeol who practically yanked it from you.

He took Exo K’s album and was about to sign it when you prevented him to. “Wait!” You snatched it back and switched it with Exo M’s. They looked at you as if you were insane.

“Sign each other’s album instead. You’re all ‘one’ right? Just—well…it makes more sense to me this way. Like…like you know, a family. K sign on M’s and vise versa….” You tried explaining why you wanted it that way, but failed miserably. They continued to blink at you speechless.

“Just do it…Please?” You cutely added. They obediently did as requested and so Chanyeol switched his black pen with the silver colored one and signed his name on M’s album instead. After everyone was done, you quickly stuffed it in your bag.

“Thanks for all the gifts guys. I really love it! See you all tomorrow! I gotta bounce now.” You smiled and gave a wave before heading towards the door in a hurry. Luhan and Xiumin were already blocking it from you so you couldn’t get through. You muttered incoherent words under your breath as you glared at them.

“You’re going to see Minji?” Chanyeol questioned joyfully.

“Yes Yeol.” You nodded turning around again. “I’m late.”

“We want to go too!” Sehun hyped.

“Let’s all go together. It’s been a while since we last saw her.” Suho suggested and the others agreed.

“It isn’t—”

“Safe?” Baekhyun finished your sentence for you and swung an arm around your shoulders. “Nothing’s safe, but we’ll feel a lot better being there with you.” He pinched your cheek adoringly and you had nothing to argue with what he said.

“Fine…” You sighed and gave in. They hooted and ran out to get ready. You thought about using that time to let them know about you and Minji’s real relationship anyways. The guilt building up in your heart was over bearing and you didn’t want to hide it from them any longer. Maybe you would be able to tell them later on that night.

“But hurry!” You shouted. “She’s waiting for….us.”

You Baekhyun and Kai walked out from your room and waited for the others near the doorway.

“I’m going to take the bus and head first.” You said to them. “You guys can come later and wait at the spot you usually do.”

“I’ll go with you.” Kai and Baekhyun offered at the same time. They instantly looked at each other, brows furrowed while you stood in between them.

“Pick.” Kai looked down at you with a cold expression plaster over his face.

What? No way. You frowned and gazed up at Baekhyun who was expecting you to choose him.

“You both do know what a bus is right? It’s PUBLIC transportation; meaning there will be PEOPLE...lots of people. Not a good idea.” You tried to change their minds and the awkward tension stifling in the air.

“PICK.” They both said in unision, only this time they were dead serious.

“But I—”

~~~

“Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you…” You whispered to him while waiting at the bus stop.

He looked quite confident about this. Confident enough to FORGET his cap and shades. You giggled when the bus pulled over and his face turned ghostly white at the horde of people that you both had to board the bus with.

“Come on!” You grabbed his hand and pulled him along. Smiling, you thought the ride to the hospital would be amusing.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun could only think about your soft hands holding his at the moment; heart rate accelerating 1000 times per minute.

~~~

Boring? Lol thank you all for reading! I love you! <3 dont be shy to comment!