Angel

Our Maid Sky Blue

 

“CHANYEOL!”

“TAO!!”

“What the hell did you guys do?!!!” Baekhyun came sprinting down the stairs after you.

“Na Yeon…” He lifted your head off the floor as gently as possible. “Are you ok?”

You winched in slight pain, but it wasn’t to the point of unbearable. You nodded and opened your eyes to see the walls spinning and their faces tripling.

“Your forehead is bruised.” He brushed the hair out of your face and helped you sit up.

“Well it isn’t the first time.” You managed a weak laugh. He scorned at you for even trying to joke at this point. “Not funny.”

 “MAID! I’M SO SORRY!!” You heard Chanyeol dropped to your side panicking. He held your hand in his and continued to apologize nonstop.

“Noona!” Tao cried. Tears formed into his eyes as he looked down at you sorrowfully. “I didn’t mean to let you get hurt! It’s my fault I wasn’t able to catch you on time!”

 “I told you guys that you would be the death of me.” You tried to humor, but it only made them feel worse. It seemed as though every time you were near them, you always encountered something horrible. However, you couldn’t stay seriously angry at them for long.

“Both of you are in deep shiet right now for being so reckless. Don’t you even care about her safety?” Baekhun began to lecture them. “Really, you guys have gone overboard this time.” You could tell he was getting angry. Chanyeol looked extremely guilty and Tao’s tears were about to collapse any second.

“…I’m really sorry Na Yeon, so sorry. I didn’t think you’ll get hurt like this…” There was nothing that could explain how guilty Chanyeol felt right now. He could feel a part of him breaking into pieces seeing you fall down the stairs like that.

“Guys, relax. I’m ok.” You tried to assure them so they would stop panicking. “Look, I’m still alive.” You forced a smiled then grabbed Tao’s hand.

 “Panda, don’t you dare cry or Kris will find out and you’ll be in trouble.” He gave you a sad, regrettable stare like he had committed the worst crime ever.

“Na Yeon, is anywhere broken?” Baekhyun gently lifted your arms to see if it hurt to move.

“I don’t think so.” You tried flexing your legs. “Can you help me stand up?”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other unsure. “I think we should take you to the hospital. What if you have internal injuries?”

“No, I’m really fine. See?” You showed them that you were able to move your joints then tried to stand up since they kept giving that wary look.

“Don’t move.” Baekhyun held you down. “I’m going to get the driver to pull around closer. Chanyeol, take her back up to the practice room.” He glanced at you still concerned, then got up and left.

You were still trying to balance yourself when Chanyeol lifted you up into his arms. “Yeol put me down because I could walk. My legs aren’t broken.”

“No.” His voice was hoarse. “It was my fault for chasing after the two of you.” You sighed and looked over at Tao who was following slowly behind with his head hung low.

“You giant panda cheer up.” You called out to him. “I’m not angry at the both of you, so stop looking so gloomy. It’s making me really depressed. ”

“Are you really ok?” He looked up at you still not too happy.

“It could have been worse.” You smiled then stared up at Chanyeol who was blank and emotionless. It was an expression you never knew he actually had since he was always so cheerful.

“You too Yeol. Can you at least pretend to smile? That frown doesn’t match you at all.”

“How can you be ok? You could have….could have…” he drifted off not wanting say anything more.

“You might not know this because it’s a secret,” You whispered. “but I’m actually an angel.” You tried to joked but realize that he didn’t laughing.

“Well, let’s just try to act normal ok? We don’t want Kris and Suho to go off on the two of you.” His eyes soften at how much you still cared about them even when you were injured. You weren’t worried about yourself, but them instead.

To be honest, you were scared too, but what happened already happened. You didn’t want to see Tao moping or Chanyeol’s unsuitable grimace or else the rest of the guys would go insane as well. Once you reached the room you asked Chanyeol to let you walk in by yourself, but he refused.

“My legs are perfectly fine! Please put me down if you’re really sorry for what happened.” You forced him. He pondered for a while then finally gave in half heartily. You walked in a little wobbly, but your body felt ok.

“What took you guys so long?” D.O stared at you as you stepped into the room. The rest stopped dancing and eyed the three of you as well.

“Chanyeol, how far did you chase them?” Suho questioned him. He looked away not knowing what to say. Kai turned off the music sensing something went wrong.

Xiumin and Luhan walked over to you. “Did something happen?”

*Damn it. I swear they could smell Tao’s fear and Chanyeol’s guiltiness.*

“Na Yeon--”

“NOTHING HAPPENED!” You interrupted Chanyeol quickly. “We saw some cool stuff and stopped to look at it.” You let out an awkward laugh and nudged him to just go along with it. He stood there unwilling to.

“What kind of cool stuff? I didn’t know there was anything cool in this building.” Xiumin scratched his head and looked at Luhan. “There isn’t.” He shrugged.

“What’s wrong with Tao?” Lay came over to his side and put a hand on his shoulder. Tao looked at you and you shook your head ‘no’.

“Someone’s missing.” Chen looked around. “Baekhyun hyung.” Sehun pointed out. “Where’d he go?”

“Oh he…er…” You began.

“GEGE!!” Tao broke down and went over to Kris’s side. “Maid fell down the stairs!” *Omg….* You slapped a hand over your face. “TAO!” You hissed.

“MUH!!??” Exos’ jaws dropped. “How’d that happen?!” They looked at you wide eyes.

“It was my fault! We were running and then stopped in front of a stair case when Chanyeol caught up and he wanted to take her away from me, but then I was like no way because I didn’t trust him and then I took a step back with noona still behind me so she also went back too, but the step was right there and she fell rolling down the stairs onto the floor and then…then..then---”

“Tao!” You shook his arm to stop him. “He’s over reacting guys. I just stumbled down. If I did fall that dramatically, I would be gone.” You sliced your throat with your thumb.

Kris gave Tao a stern look and pulled him outside. “Kris…” you reached out for them. *Don’t be too harsh on him…* You didn’t want him to get yelled at.

“Your head is bruised! How could you say it was only a stumble?!” Luhan walked up to and examined your forehead. “Luhan, a bruise will heal eventually.”

You stood there as Exo fussed over you asking all sorts of questions you couldn’t even answer even if you tried. Kai was concerned, but stayed back. He looked at Chanyeol and couldn’t believe he had let that happened to you when you were barely healing from the burns.

“Xiumin, it’s not the end of the world ok? I’m still here. And no, D.O I’m not having hallucinations. Save your hugs for later Luhan. I don’t think my bones can handle anything right now. Yes Chen, I’m smiling because you are…..” They continued to surround you.

 Chanyeol stood silently beside you as you took his hand and squeezed it. *Smile!* You mouthed and then grinned at him. It pained him even more that you weren’t angry after what he put you through yet, you acted as though nothing happened. *She truly is an angel.*

Sehun grabbed your wrist and led you away. “Noona, you must have been scared.” He rubbed your back slightly. “Just a little.” You chuckled at his adorableness.

 “Suho.” You looked over to him. “Baekhyun went out to get the driver. I think he’s waiting for us now.” He nodded and told the others to go.

He gave you a regretful look and came to walk by your side. “I’m glad nothing serious happened to you. It seems like bad incidents are always occurring to you when you’re around us. It was a really bad idea to bring you here when you didn’t want to come. They all get too excited and play too rough not understanding that you’re actually half their size only. Mianhae.”

“It’s alright Suho.” You smiled at him. “I’m glad I came to see how great you guys really are at dancing. Next time, I would like to hear you all sing.”

“Of course. Anything for our Sky Blue.” He winked. *You’re really are a wonderful person Na Yeon. I’m glad to have you here with us.* Although he hasn’t expressed anything much to you, he really appreciated everything you had done for them and never got fed up.

You sat in the back of the van between Kai and Lay. It felt like all of your energy has been drained from your body for that two and half hours being with Exo at the studio.

Kai observed you from the corner of his eyes. Your glowing face from before was replaced with a paled and exhausted expression. He didn’t like the fact that you were pretending again to be ok when clearly, your drained out figure showed how much you weren’t.

To him, you looked delicate and breakable, but your spirit could not be easily stepped on and he liked that about you. However, he regretted that you were going through so many things at once that your body might be unable to handle it.

Kai chuckled slightly watching you trying hard not to fall asleep. You looked over and saw him cleared his throat and looked straight ahead. “Why were you laughing?” You bumped his arm with yours lightly when he didn’t answer.

He suddenly leaned in close to your face and smirked. “Your horn is growing.” He pointed to the bruise on your forehead that was about the size of a golf ball. You covered it with your hand quickly and glared at him.

“No it’s not.” You pouted angrily. Kai chortled loudly enjoying the moment of teasing you. “You’re really laughing!” You giggled in amusement causing him to instantly stop. “And?”

“I have never seen you laugh like that before.” You smiled and shrugged. “It’s……refreshing.”

Kai’s ears turned a deep shade of red, embarrassed and suddenly shy. Honestly speaking, that was a first for him to laugh that way. *Because you’re making me, you pabo klutz…* An odd and tingly feeling rushed through him.

His eyes then landed on the several cuts on your hand that probably occurred during the fall. He also realized how much scars you had that had healed, but was still visible. *How could she have endured all of this?* His heart soften.

“W-waeyo?!” You eyed him and moved a little to the right closer to Lay. “Why are you giving me that creepy look?”

“MUHYA?” Kai gawked and turned to look at you unbelievably. “Creepy?”

You nodded and blinked at him for several seconds before bursting into laughter. He stared at you like you were nuts. “I think you hit your head a bit too hard.”

He was amazed at how well you were trying to squeeze every ounce of liveliness you had left even though he’d knew how worn out you were. *Just sleep…* He wanted to say.

When the van came to a stop at a red light, he saw your eyes becoming heavy and droopy. Your head swayed back and forth having nowhere to support it. He bit his lip and hesitantly lifted his arms around you tilting your head onto his shoulder.

You unconsciously snuggled in closer to him as his heart pounded against his chest. Your head fit so perfectly there like it was made just for you. He stared down at you sleeping peacefully and could not find words to describe how pure and beautiful you looked. It made him breathless. *She must be an angel…*

~~~

I know i need to start speeding up the pace of this story. I feel like if i just get to all the points without having any Exo interactions, it would be really boring! lol. bare with me, next few chapters would be more interesting and on the plot. forgive me on the several mistakes i will correct tomorrow.