We want to meet her

Our Maid Sky Blue

 

“Don’t get too close to her!”

“Well, she doesn’t usually sleep this long.”

 “Maybe she’s really tired.”

“Sehun, don’t touch her!”

D.O, Xiumin, Tao, Sehun, and Luhan surrounded your sleeping form and observed how serene you were looking. It was already noon and you were still knocked out cold as if you haven’t slept for ages. The loud whisperings around you were heard in your dream. It was faint, but became clearer and clearer as you were being pulled back to reality.

“What the heck are you guys doing?” Suho stood outside your bedroom door watching the monkeys fuss over you. Baekhyun came and stood next to him and peeked over his shoulders.

 “Oh god…” They shook their heads.

“Get. Out.” Baekhyun hissed. “Let her sleep!”

“Shh!” Tao hushed them with his pointy finger at his lips then received an elbow from Sehun for doing it too loudly as well.

You stirred slightly at all the noise around you and slowly fluttered your eye lids open. Blurry figures hovered above you.*Who the...* You brought a hand over your eyes and rubbed them to clear your vision.

“GAHYAA!!” You yelped at how close the faces were from yours. You sat up and scrambled to the farthest side of the bed.

Luhan’s big brown eyes blinked back at you as he tilted his head and smiled. “Ooh, cute pajamas.”

“W-why are you guys in my r-room?!” You pulled the blanket above your nose bashfully so only your two eyes were shown.

“Did you sleep well noona?” Sehun chuckled leaning against the other side of the bed.

Xiumin who stood right beside him was grinning from ear to ear. “Good AFTERNOON, Maid.”

 D.O snickered slightly and felt your forehead. “Are you sick?”

*Afternoon?*

“IT’S NOON?!!” You sat up immediately kicking the covers off of you making it fly to the floor. You scurried out of bed and pushed passed Tao and Sehun. You frantically swore under your breath forgetting that they were still there staring at you.

Kris, Suho, and Baekhyun who stood at your door, watched you in amusement as you stumbled about. Your knee jammed into the dresser and you yelped loudly in pain.  “OW OW OW!!” You held onto it and jumped up and down. D.O, Luhan, Xiumin and the two maknaes behind you gawked at your frenetic self.

 

You flew open the closet door and dug for clothes to wear oblivious that their present was still there.

“Why..why?” You grabbed your hair in frustration. *What happened to me?* “I have never slept this long before.” You murmured continuously.

“Stupid…stupid.” You knocked your head a few times.

“Na Yeon ah…” Baekhyun walked up to you taking you by the arm so you would stop panicking. “It’s OK. Can you stop hitting yourself?”

“W-waeyo?” You looked around with many pairs of eyes staring wittily back at you. “It’s ok? Why is it ok?” Your voice was low and soft. They smiled at one another at your awkward cuteness.

Baekhyun chuckled and nodded. “Remember? We don’t have practice until much later. We didn’t wake you up because we knew you’d be exhausted from all the things that happened yesterday.”

*Yesterday…what did happen?* You could barely recall the events that took place for your brain has completely wiped it all out.

“I don’t remember what happened yesterday. I don’t remember coming to bed.” Your eyes went blank and you’re trying hard to recollect them.

“No way.” Sehun’s mouth flew open. “Noona lost her memory!” Suho shot him a glare.

“Dance practice…” D.O started it off for you.

“Crashing dominos…”

“Monkey chase.”

“Rolling down the stairs.” Tao felt guilty just repeating it.

“Your daught--” Luhan quickly clasped a hand over Xiumin’s mouth. Suho and Baekhyun slapped a hand over their faces unbelievably. They had already promised not to bring Minji up until you were comfortable enough to tell them all about her, but now that was….OVER.

Baekhyun observed your reaction afraid that you might be upset. You were still in deep thoughts summoning up everything carefully. *Minji…they met her. Well, some of them.* Instantly, you somehow had a feeling that they all knew about her now.

“Ahh…” You nodded and forced a smile on your face. “I guess the fall is finally starting to kick in.” You scratched your head pretending not to catch the last part.

“Why is she acting so normal?” Luhan whispered into D.O’s ears. “She didn’t hear it?” To their surprised you weren’t mad at all.

“Er…can you all leave now so I could do my stuff?” You scowled at their unmoving presence. They quickly filed out of your room in seconds feeling a bit embarrassed. Suho closed your door giving you an apologetic look.

You leaned your back against it and slid down to the floor. Now, you were going to have to explain to them about Minji. The hardest part was telling them that she was your daughter and going through disapproving looks and judgments. *They aren’t like that. Kai said they’ll understand.* You quickly cleaned yourself up and went out.

~~~

Still couldn’t believe that you slept in so long, you hurried into the kitchen to make lunch. You cracked a few eggs to make fried rice and egg omelets for them. As you set the table, you slowly looked around and realized how quiet the house was.

“Where’s everyone?” You went into the living room which was empty. You turned around and walked towards the hallway. Soft, yet audible voices where coming from Baekhyun, Chen, and Kris’ room. The door wasn’t shut all the way, so you peeked inside.

All of them were in that small room chatting away about stuff you couldn’t quite understand. Their backs were facing the door so you decided to quietly walk in on their deeply engaged conversation.

      “I’m not going to ask.”

     “Why not? It was your idea.”

     “The maknaes should do it. She can’t say no to them.”

    “That’s not true. Our aegyo never works on her.”

    “Didn’t we say that we’ll give her time?”

    “But I can’t wait. We’re leaving for Hong Kong Friday and I’ll go crazy if I don’t meet her before then.”

    “Then you ask Na Yeon.”

“Ask me what?” You blurted out of curiosity.  

“M-MAID!” They all jumped in fright and turned around to see your sullen yet unpleased expression.

“What is it that you all wanted to ask me?” You questioned again. They stood up and came towards you unsure of what to say. You gave them a suspicious look and waited patiently for an answer.

“N-nothing! It’s nothing.” D.O waved his hand and let out a pretend chuckle.

“We were just talking…er…about--” Sehun stuttered.

“Food!” Tao sniffed the air. “Let’s go eat. I’m famished.” They all nodded and tried to get away.

“Not so fast.” You crossed your arms and gave them a hard stare.

You continued before they could respond. “It’s about my daughter isn’t it?” They fidgeted not answering. You knew they wanted to know more, but didn’t want to ask. You rolled your eyes and uncrossed your arms.

“Ok what is it?” You sighed. “I won’t be upset since you all know about her already.”

You saw Sehun nudged Tao who poked Xiumin on the side. He lightly bumped Lay on the shoulders and he passed it on to Luhan who pushed Chen forward to speak up instead. Suho glared at them and rubbed the back of his neck in discomfit. Kris cleared his throat to stop them from being so obvious. All the while, Baekhyun had nothing to say. He knew that they weren’t going to stop once they wanted to know something.

“Wewantomeetyourdaughter!” They all quickly said at once and held in their breath as you were trying to catch what was just shouted at you. The room became still and silence and an uneasy feeling remained in the air.

“W-waeyo?” You gaped at them. “No, you guys can’t.”

“Why not?!” They pouted instantly at your quick disagreement.

“You seriously think it would be safe?” You shook your head. “People could notice you all from miles away. You’d make the front page on the newspaper before you can even bat an eye.” It was a bad idea and you knew something would happen with these idols roaming freely around Seoul.

“We knew it.” Xiumin sulked. “Shouldn’t have asked.”

“Yeah, you never liked being with us anyways.” D.O fixed his eye on the floor.

Luhan added to the fuel, “You’re always finding ways to reject us.”

“We must be a joke to you because no matter--”

“OK FINE!” You threw your hands in the air irritated at the guilt trip they were giving you. They secretly smiled and high five one another with mischievousness in their eyes.

“If you all want to see her so badly then meet us at the hospital’s garden at 7:30 p.m. That’s when there’s no one around.” You grimaced then looked at Kris, Baekhyun, and Luhan. “I’m sure you would be able to find me easily since this wouldn’t the first time.” They looked away ashamed, but deep inside, regretted nothing.  

“We’ll be there!” The others shouted happily. “Yeah yeah…” You murmured. “Go eat before the food gets cold.” You stepped aside and let them get through. Tao and Sehun squeezed you on the way out as you stood there limply.

“Mianhae.” Suho whispered and gave you a sweet smile before leaving also. Truthfully, as one of the leaders, he should have intervened, but he too was curious about your little girl as well.

Baekhyun was the last one in the room. He walked up to you and pinched your cheeks. “Nothing will happen if that’s what you’re worried about.” You gave him half a smile. “I hope so.”

“So, you guys are going to Hong Kong?” Your voice came out lower than usual. You knew they were busy idols, but this was sudden and part of you felt lonely just thinking about it.

“Yeah.” He nodded. “We’re leaving this Friday for an event and promotion.”

He scanned your slightly, almost invisible sullen expression and muffled back his chuckle. *Someone looks a little disappointed.* “I’m sorry that we didn’t tell you sooner. We were planning to later on tonight.”

“Pffs…” You waved a hand carelessly. “Don’t be sorry, it’s none of my business where you guys go. You’re busy people.” You pretended to shrug it off. Baekhyun lowered his head and smiled knowing you were of course lying.

“Where is Chanyeol?” You don’t remember seeing him. “And….Kai?”

“They went to the studio earlier this morning. I’ll let them know to come to the hospital later.”

“Oh…” Your mind wondered off thinking about Chanyeol’s alarmed reaction last night. *He’s probably still surprised.*

Baekhyun turned you to face him directly. His eyes were soft and warm as it traveled across your beautiful, yet childlike features that forever made his heart beat faster. “It’s ok if you don’t want us to see her, Na Yeon. Don’t let it pressure you.”

“A-aniya.” You let out a loud breath. “It’s fine. I mean you guys are no longer strangers. Besides, I think Yeol taught them well how to use the guilt trip. It gets me every time.”

*No, you’re just too sweet and always thinking about other’s feelings before yourself.* He gazed at you lovingly. “Your weak spot is being exposed greatly.” He jokingly snickered.

“Right...” You blew at your bangs and huffed. Baekhyun laughed and put an arm around you. “Come on. Let’s go eat.”