Beach

Our Maid Sky Blue

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=407dkLXphLk

“The beach?!” Your jaws dropped as you stared out the window. “B-but--” You began.

“Hush.” Chanyeol put a finger up to your lips as his right eyes squint at you. “We’re going to have fun today.”

“Yeah noona, no buts. Lets just go!” Tao was super excited as he unbuckled his seatbelt and was the first to get out of the car.

Baekhyun Pictures, Images and Photos

“Come on Na Yeon.” Baekhyun smiled and patted your head. “It’ll be fun. There won’t be anyone here because this beach is well hidden.”

 You looked at yourself then at what Exo was wearing. They were prepared for the beach except for you because they wouldn’t tell you where they were taking you. You wore sneakers, a pair of jeans, and a white sweater while they wore shorts, t-shirts, and sandals.

*Why the hell didn’t I realize this before?* You mentally slapped yourself. “Whatever…” You muttered and started to get up from the back seat when Suho took out a bag and handed it to you.

“What’s that?” You stared at it.

“Some appropriate beach clothes that we bought early this morning. Come out when you’re done changing.” He winked then closed the sliding van door as the driver stepped outside as well.

*So, they really did plan this all out before.* You scratched your head and peeked inside the bag. You poured it out onto your lap hoping it wouldn’t be anything revealing.

After you were done putting on your sandals, you opened the door to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol standing there patiently waiting for you. The rest of the members were already running around on the beach and into the water.

“You guys didn’t have to wait for me.” You shyly stepped down feeling quite awkward. You met eyes with Baekhyun and he gives you a warm smile.

“Are you ready?” Chanyeol grabbed onto your hand and dragged you down to the sand with the others as Baekhyun followed from behind.

“Baekhyun,” You called to him softly and held out your other hand. He looked at it surprised then back at you lovingly as he took hold of it.

“You look adorable!” Luhan jogged up to you and pulled you away from Chanyeol. He held onto both your arms and observed you closely and smiling. You raised an eyebrow at him then burst into giggles. *Luhan you’re the adorable one.*

“He’s right,” Xiumin and D.O came next to you nodding and looked at you from head to toe as if they were approving of your outfit.

You stared down at yourself. You were wearing white crochet long beach pants, a burnout racerback flowy tanktop in color mint with a sheer light pink cardigan ontop, and a pair of tan saltwater sandals.

“I guess having Kai go shopping wasn’t a bad idea after all.” D.O chuckled.*Kai picked this?* You blinked a few times, shocked.

“Noona!” Sehun and Tao waved from the water. “Come join us!” Chen and Kris shouted. Their calves were completely soked inside as they ran back and forth from the waves that were coming in. You waved back at the four smiling, but silently refused.

“Come on, let’s go!” The others ran towards them as a huge wave was about to rush in. You stood there watching them run around happily like kids. They looked so carefree and youthful. You hoped they would stay this way forever. To you, they were too young to have to deal with all the hardships of an idol, but you knew it was their dream to become one. *Keep staying this way, goofballs.*

“Hey.” Kai quietly came next to you. You looked up and gave him your heart warming smile. “You’re not joining them? They’re having lots of fun right now.” You questioned him staring back at the 11 guys who were being extremely loud at the moment.

“I should be asking you the same thing.” Kai tilt his head at you.

“The water’s too cold.” You pretend to shiver making him chuckle at your child like behavior.

 “Well, isn’t that kind of the point?” He shook his head slightly at you.

“I don’t want to ruin the clothes you got me.” You said truthfully and his stomach turned a notch. He had to admit, you looked simple and fresh. *Simplicity is your style.* He looked forward to hide his proud expression and commending himself for having good taste in clothes.

From the corner of his eyes he watched you close your eyes as the cold misty breeze from the rushing waves hit your face. You wrapped your arms around yourself and deeply breathed in the wonderful air. To him, you looked so calm and peaceful. It made him feel the same just standing close to you like this.

The wind felt amazing against your skin.*This is refreshing…* That’s just what you needed, but your inside felt sad. As you slowly opened your eyes, they became a bit teary.

“What’s wrong?” Kai whispered beside you and you immediately blink them back.

“Aish…” You batted and eyelid. “I think sand flew in my eye.” You lied laughing.

*Babo, you can’t hide from me.* He continued to stare at you tenderly knowing something must be bothering you.

“It’s really beautiful isn’t it? Coming to the beach is my first time.” You let out a soft sigh. “Although it would be even better if…Minji was here.” Kai bit his bottom lip now understanding how you must be feeling. Of course, how could they forget about Minji? She too, was on his mind. A part of him broke a little seeing your eyes so full of sorrow.

“When she gets better, let’s all come back here again.” He raised his arm behind you and puts his hand gently on the nape of your neck. “Soon.”

You turned to look at him nodding, “She’ll like that.”

“Get your down here!” Chanyeol came charging at you. He was completely wet from head to toe and you knew what he wanted.

“Oh..shiet..” You gasped almost afraid and tried to use Kai as a blockade. He laughed as you encircled around him to get away from Chanyeol who was obviously faster than you.

“N-no!” You squealed when he caught your arm and pulled you back. He took you by the waist and lifted you effortlessly. “Just touch the water, Maid. It won’t kill you.” He laughed walking back towards the others and the powerful gushing water.

Photobucket

“Kai!” You shouted trying to get him to free you, but all he did was wave his hands and grinned. He ran passed the two of you and into the water splashing about as well.

“Hurry Chanyeol! The biggest wave is coming in right now!” Kris signaled him.

*No…freaken…way.* Your heart dropped scared to death. “Yeol! Don’t do it!” He completely ignored you and ran quickly over to Kris and the other members who were getting ready to crash with the next wave. 

With his arms around your waist in front of him, he pretended to throw you in the water, only swinging you around.  “Just kidding.” He chuckled and put you down. Your ankles dipped fully into the cold water wetting the bottom part of your pants. You turn around to give him an earful for scaring you, but he ran off deeper into the water next to the two maknaes.

What caught you off guard next was the the huge wave that was coming towards all of you. Your entire body froze and you shut your eyes tightly waiting for it to crash into you.

“Brace yourself.” Kris rapidly hovered himself over you. He wrapped his arms around you protectively and turned you both the other direction so his back was faced the incoming wave instead. Right then, it splashed forcefully against the two of you, but you didn’t get nearly as wet as he did.

“Thanks Kris.” You looked up at him. “Did that hurt?”

“Of course not.” He laughed and poked your cheek. “Here comes another one.” He pointed.

EXO-MalwaysPowerCharming5.gif

“Noona, I got you!” Sehun came over and grabbed you with a hint of mischeviousness written on his face. You saw Xiumin, Luhan, Tao, D.O, Kai, and Chanyeol standing in a semi circle smiling from ear to ear as he brought you over.

“Maknae,” You began. “You know I like you right? Don’t make me change my mind.” You warned him and tried to pull away. He held tightly onto your shoulder bringing his face close to yours and chuckling, “I love you too, noona!”

Photobucket

“Don’t act cute with me, Sehun.” You scowled, but with a hidden smile.

“Ready?” You heard Chanyeol loudly whispered. Then begining from the the count of three, they started splashing water towards you before you could react to it. Sehun was still holding onto your hand tightly and helped blocked it from you. They weren’t about to stop anytime soon so you threw water right back laughing and screaming.

Suho, Chen, Kris, and Baekhyun teamed up with the two of you and it became a raging water war. Most of the time, Baekhyun and Suho shield you while evil D.O and Chanyeol tried their hardest to get you wet. No doubt, you were their target, but with the angry waves crashing in as well, you all tried not to get swept away.

“Araso! Araso!” You raied up both your arms in defeat. “The water is getting higher as well. Let’s go back to the shore.” The entire bottom half of your body was completely soaked, but the hot sun helped dried it fast. Baekhyun held onto your hand and you both slowly walked out of the water while the others followed from behind, still hyper.

“Your hands are cold,” Baekhyun rubbed it with his to warm it up as he stared at you. Your face was dripping wet and your cheeks were rosy pink, but those blue eyes of yours couldn’t have been more gorgeous under the summer sun.

“Yours are too, Baekhyun.” You laughed and put your hands ontop of his instead. You breathed hot air onto it as you grasped them firmly. Your action struck him with butterflies. He could feel his heart rate slow down yet beat faster at the same time. *Why are you making me feel this way Na Yeon?* He felt the urge to just pull you into an everlasting hug.

“Come on.” You tugged at him as you both reached the sandy shore snapping him back to reality. He nodded watching you tread off first.

You plopped down next to the others who were sprawled out on the ground exhausted. You took off your sandals and buried your feet into the hot sand.

“Here Na Yeon.” Suho handed you a bottle of sunblock.

You thanked him and took it gratefully. Before putting it on yourself, you stood up and walked over to Tao and Sehun. “Put this on so you two won’t get burn.” You knelt down beside them and squeezed some onto their hands. “Don’t miss your face too.” You put a small drop on your fingertip and dabbed it on their forehead and the bridge of their nose so they can swear it on themselves.

You did the same with the others as well. “No, Luhan. I can do it myself thanks.” You refused his offer to help put it on you. “Xiumin, look at your cheeks! They’re getting so red.” You laughed as he stuck out his tongue at you.

“Kris, you don’t want your beautiful skin to burn.” You took his hand and squeezed a good amount on it.

“You’re being sacarcastic aren’t you?” He gave you a smudged look rubbing it on his face. “No, I’m serious.” You chuckled at him and then got up to see who you missed. “D.O, Chen! Sunblock!”

Photobucket

Kai watched you run around taking care of everyone else first. *When will she ever put herself before us?* You weren’t superwoman and denfinitely not made of steel, yet you kept acting like you owed to them. He saw you squint at him and began to jog over.

“Kai-shi,” You called out in a singsong voice that caught him off guard. He stiffled back his laughter finding himself liking the sound of that. This was the other side of you he hasn’t seen very often; silly, funny, playful, and still full of youth. You sat down in front of him smiling. *Don’t smile like that at me.* He gulped and looked away.

Photobucket

“You’re going to need this too.” You opened the cap about to squeeze some on his arm when he took it from you at once. “Huh?” You gazed at your empty hands.

“No, you need it more.” He said putting some on your cheeks and forehead. “Stop acting like our mom for once and just take care of yourself first alright?”

“Y-your m-mom?!” You gaped at him feeling highly offended. “When have I ever?” You drew back from him instantly not allowing him to put anymore sunblock on you.

“Just now.” He shook the bottle in front of you and pointed to the guys. “We aren’t kids anymore. Besides, you should act more your age as well rather than an old lady.” You became speechless replaying his words over in your head. You gritted your teeth trying not to show your scornful expression.

“I didn’t know caring about you guys made you feel like kids.” You snatched the bottle from his hand and stood up not bothering to give him any of it.

“Na Yeon ah, that’s not what I mean.” Kai whispered scratching the back of his head. *Was I a little too harsh? She didn’t understand what I meant. Uhg, Kai you idiot.*

“Being your mom would be the LAST thing I’ll ever do.” You muttered under your breath walking away. “Act more my age? OLD LADY?!!…Pffs!” You began to wonder how you actually acted around them. *Am I too much of a burden?* You stared at the sunblock in your hands and with a deep sigh, you stopped in your tracks feeling horrible for taking off like that leaving him to burn under the sun.

“Nah…” You shrugged and decided to look for Lay instead because you haven’t seen him this entire time. He wasn’t there when the water war took place either. As you put your hands above your eyes to block the bright sunlight, you spot him ontop of a massive rock that was slightly surrounded by water.

*What’s he doing up there by himself?* You wondered as you quickly ran over. You stopped in front of it trying to catch your breath realizing that it was quite a far distant from the others.

“Lay!” You called out to him trying to climb ontop of the rock as well. You grasped onto a corner to get a good hold while you tried to find a steady area to step on. As you attempted to pull yourself up, your hand slipped causing you to lose grip.

“Whoa…” Lay caught your hand. “Becareful there Na Yeon ah.” He helped pull you up. “Thanks.” You smiled and stood next to him. “You were up here all this time?”

“This is my favorite spot whenever we come here.” He nodded putting his hands behind his back and stretched.

“I’m not intruding am I?” You questioned.

“Not at all.” He smiled and signaled you to go closer. The both of you sat down dangling your legs over the rock. “It’s really peaceful here.” You shut you eyes and cupped your hand behind an ear. “Lay, listen. I can hear the sea talking to us.”

He looked at you and chuckled loudly. “You’re silly, you know that? I think Chanyeol’s rubbing off on you.”

Photobucket

“I think so too.” You stopped immediately and giggled. “But it’s a good thing.” He bumped you softly on the arm with this shoulder. You blushed and looked straight ahead.

“You’re hiding from them aren’t you?” Lay raised an eyebrow. “I’m not.” You shook your head. “What makes you think that?”

“The disgruntled look on your face says a lot.” He shrugged as if he could read you like words. Anyways, he was right. Kai ticked you off a little, but it wasn’t totally bothering you that much.

“Ahh…” You nodded once then tried to change your expression. “How about now?” You gave him your cheesiest grin. He gazed at you and chortled. You were so natural at this that it never failed to bring him laughter.

“Well, I actually came just to give you this.” You handed him the bottle of sunblock.

“You’re really kind.” He smiled sweetly and took it from you. “But make sure to take care of yourself too.”

“You don’t think…I’m and old lady do you? Or...act too much like a mother?” You found yourself cringe at the words.

“Hmm…I never thought of that before.” He pondered and you sighed in relief.

“However, now that you mentioned it…” He continued and you almost facepalmed yourself waiting to hear his honesty. “You’re not an old lady, but you do take care of us like our moms would. It’s not a bad thing. I find it warming and very comforting because I know that there’s someone here as kind as you, looking after us. Although it does give me a very safe feeling, I still hope you don’t forget to watch your health.”

“Oh, I see. I get it.” Watching over 12 grown men weren’t easy, but you had your reasons for staying. Not for your own good, but theirs. You thought about the things he said and began to understand. *If this was what Kai really meant to say, he has an aweful way of expressing it.*

“Who called you an old lady?” Lay tried not to show his sly smirk. “Kai?”

“Bingo…” You rolled your eyes. “Don’t worry; you’re far from being one.” He patted your shoulders to make you feel better. “Thanks Lay.” *I knew I could count on you.* He smiled and began to open the cap of the bottle when it slipped right out of his hand and dropped into the water.

“Oops, I got it.” Lay got up and carefully climbed down to the bottom. He walked into the water that went up to his waist trying to retrieve it, but it floated further down to the other rocks which made him have to swim there instead.

“Lay!” You stood up. “Becareful….” You bit your bottom lip nervously as you watched him unabled to grab it because the waves kept coming in. “Wait Lay, just come back! Forget about it!”

“Almost there!” He shouted and doesn’t give up. As the bottle floated to the corner of a rock, he quickly grabbed it. “GOT IT!” He held it up to show you with a victory grin plastered on his face. “Catch!” he threw it at you and you caught it easily.

“Ok! Hurry up and come back!” You glanced beyond him and saw the tidal waves coming at a faster speed making your heart pound. “Araso!” He obeyed.

 Lay began to paddle his way back when he felt himself being pulled backwards rather swiftly. “Shiet...” He cursed as he used his strength to fight the strong current. Right when he tried to lift his leg, he couldn’t move. His left foot was stuck on the bottom between rocks and the waves came rolling in causing him to lose balance as well. He slipped once under water and flung his arms in the air to stay above the surface. *This isn’t good.* He panicked.

~~~

Be ready for next two chapters coming up soon! :D Hope you enjoyed 30 and 31!