Unlikely Encounters

Our Maid Sky Blue

 

“Hyung, can you take us to the maid’s house?” Chanyeol asked their personal driver who was standing outside waiting for them already.

“Er…” He scratched his head unsure of what to say. He wasn’t supposed to take them anywhere that would cause a commotion. “I’m not sure….”

“Do you know where she lives?” Luhan was hoping for ‘yes’ as an answer.

“Mianhae…I don’t.” He shook his head and gave them an apologetic look.

“Didn’t you bring her here and took her home on the first day?” Xiumin remembered being there when you appeared at their front door.

D.O was fervent to know so they could hurry and go. “Yeah, she couldn’t have found our house without the company’s help first. We live in a completely private area.”

Kris stood behind them just waiting and listening. It would be better if their driver didn’t know. What would you do if they suddenly appear at your door?

“Oh! That wasn’t me!” The driver shook his hands at them. “It was probably the other hyung who work at the company.”

“Other hyung?” Chanyeol didn’t know anyone else besides their driver. “Do you have his number?”

“Yeah, can you call him and ask?” Both Xiumin and Luhan gave him that irresistible look that it was even hard for him to say no to.

“He said he doesn’t know guys. Let’s just go back.” Kris grabbed Chanyeol’s arm, but he doesn’t move a muscle. They continued to pester the driver who obviously could not say no.  With all the pressure, he finally gave in.

“Ok, let me call him right now.” He took out his phone to look for his number. Chanyeol, D.O, Luhan, and Xiumin hugged and thanked him happily. “KOMAWO HYUNG!” Kris rolled his eyes and went into the van first.

~~~

“This is the place?” D.O looked out the window of the car unsure. “Yeah, seems like the right address hyungnim gave me.” Their driver peeked through the passenger window.

Luhan was awed by the long steps that led up to the small houses. Kris unbuckled his seatbelt and grabbed his hat. Xiumin and Chanyeol put theirs on as well.

“I can go check for you guys.” The driver offered, but Chanyeol declined instantly. “Aniyo, we can go. Just wait for us here.” They all covered up their faces and opened the door.

“Wait…” Kris stopped them. “People will still notice us if we go together like this. We’ll go separately. Once someone gets up to the first five steps, then the other will come out.” They agreed and did it in that order.

Once they passed all the people and climbed the steps, they made a turn to an ally way. “Which one is it?” Xiumin scratched his head. The houses were so closed together they couldn’t tell. “Look at the address number.” Kris took out the paper and handed it to Luhan. *I can’t believe we are actually doing this.* It was so embarrassing. *As if we had nothing better to do.*

“Yah, I think it’s this one!” D.O pulled down his shades and looked at the number of a house that was at a corner. “Luhan, you wanna go check?”

“Let’s all just go!” Luhan pushed them forward towards the small place.

They stared at the front door, hesitant to knock.  “Chanyeol, just knock on it. Hurry before someone sees us.” Kris urged him. Chanyeol went up and knocked twice softly. Then another time harder, and the fourth time he was practically banging on it.

“Chanyeol!” D.O hissed and grabbed his hand. “You’re going to break down the door!” Kris slapped a hand over his eyes and Xiumin held back his laughter.

“Let me try.” Luhan stepped forward and knocked. No one answered. He turned around sadly and shook his head. “I don’t think she’s home.”

“Come on, let’s just go.” Kris started walking back and the others, disdainfully followed with heavy hearts.

“What were we planning to do if she was home anyways?” Xiumin wondered walking down the steps next to D.O.

“I….am not sure either.” He looked at Chanyeol who also shrugged.

“Say hi?” Luhan and Kris burst out laughing.

“Well, she’s busy, unlike us who make it seem a thought we have nothing else to do, but spend our day off looking for her.” Kris kicked a small rock down the steps.

As they reached the sidewalk, they walked passed a group of teenage girls who immediately turned around a second time to get a closer look at the five handsome hotties.

“Is..is that CHANYEOL?!!” One girl shrieked to her friends who were all getting excited. “Where?!!” They all stopped and stared as well.

 D.O looked back to see what going on, when Kris immediately pushed him. “Don’t look.” But it was too late. They were not very good at being unrecognizable.

“OMMO!!! IT’S D.O AND KRIS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!” They screamed and took out their phones.

“RUN!!!” Xiumin shouted and grabbed Luhan’s hand. Chanyeol pulled his cap lower and sprinted as fast as he could towards the van. “Hyung! Open the door!”

 Kris and D.O was right behind him as the girls chased them screaming at the top of their lungs attracting more attention from fellow netizens.

They got inside and slammed the door shut before any pictures could be taken. “Hyung drive! Drive!” As their driver immediately drove off, everyone avoided Kris’s gaze. They knew what he was going to say. Chanyeol rubbed his eyes and leaned his head against the window.

Xiumin put his head on D.O’s shoulder panting. “We almost blew it.”

*Maid, where are you?* Luhan thought silently.

~~~

You took Jiji out walking in the hospital’s garden area because she has hasn’t seen sunshine for awhile. You held her hand and helped her climb up the steps that led to the green grass. Beautiful dandelions and sunflowers were planted neatly along the stepping stones. It was a wonderful morning with birds and butterflies accompanying the hospital patients who were outside.

“Jiji, be careful and stay within my sight ok?” She excitedly let go of your hands and started chasing after a pair of white butterflies.

*It’s a wonderful Sunday.* You smiled and followed the stepping stones. A slight breeze danced around your slender figure and brushed against your long, thick hair. You bent down and picked a daisy off the grass and smelt it. You then looked up to see where Minji went off to. She was on the other side playing with a few kids.

At the corner of your eyes, you spot a middle age man struggling to push the wheels of his wheel chair because it was stuck in the pebbles. You dropped the daisy onto the grass and ran over to help him.

“Ahjusshi! Let me help you.” He looked up surprised, but smile kindly. You grabbed the handles at the back and pushed him out of the gravel. “Where would you like me to take you?”

“Right under that big shaded tree.” He pointed as you wheeled him there. “Komawo. That’s very kind of you.”

You bowed at him. “No problem. Are you here by yourself?”

“Aniya. I’m waiting for my wife and daughter to come.” He looked up at you and noticed how different you looked, especially the color of your eyes. “Are you here to visit?”

“Nae dongsaeng.” You answered as you searched for her with your eyes.

“Ahh…I see. Is she very unwell?”

You nodded. “She has leukemia.”

 “I’m so sorry to hear that. It’s very unfortunate.” He sympathized. “I just had kidney stones taken out two days ago. I’ll be discharged in an hour or two.”

“You must be very strong then, ahjusshi.” You smiled. Just then you heard Minji crying loudly.

“MINJI!” You quickly bowed to the ahjusshi and ran to look for her anxiously. You found her sobbing as a girl stood before her in rage.

“Look what you did! You dirtied my skirt!” The girl pointed at the slight dirt that was on her floral skirt. “Who taught you to be so disrespectful?”

“Jiji!” You ran over and scooped her up and immediately started bowing apologetically. “Mianhae! Mianhae. I’m sure it was just an accident. Please forgive us.”

“So she belongs to you?!” The angry girl put her hands on her hips gawking at you. “Didn’t you teach her any better how to behave? She ran into me with her filthy hands!”

You didn’t like the way she was speaking, but you held yourself back from saying something mean back. “I’m very sorry. I will pay for your ruined clothes.” You bowed again and wipe the tears away from Minji’s face.

She smirked at you and stared you up and down giving you a nasty look. She realized that you and Minji looked extremely different from others and it made her cringed. She started laughing at the way you dressed and your ‘horrible’ features. You gave her a puzzled look not understanding what was so funny.

“You obviously think you could afford to payback for my ruined clothes?!” She sneered. “Looking at you, it seems like you can’t even afford to buy the nail polish I have on my nails! Forget it, I’ll be kind and let you off easy. I don’t want to be the cause of another homeless person.” You couldn’t believe what you were hearing. Before you could say anything, you were interrupted.

“YURI!” The ahjusshi from awhile ago shouted from behind and wheeled up between the three of you. “Apologize to this young lady right now.” He gave her a stern look.

“Appa!” She pouted and stomped her feet. “That little ‘thing’ right there put dirt all over me!” She pointed to Minji who dug her face into your hair frightened.

*Appa?* You glanced at the two. There was a slight resemblance.

“You shouldn’t speak to anyone that way. Apologize.” He told her again.

“Andwae!” Yuri crossed her arms and looked away. Her father shook his head and looked up at the two of you kindly and regretfully. “Please forgive my daughter. She tends to speak before she thinks.” He bowed.

“Ani….” you bowed back. “It’s our fault. Let me take care of your damaged clothes.” You offered.

“Don’t even bother!” Yuri shot back at you. “Appa, let’s go. Umma’s coming.” She wheeled her father away giving you a spiteful glare. You patted Minji’s back as you continued to stare at their backs.

You saw a middle aged woman walked up to them smiling. She happily wheeled the ahjusshi together with her daughter putting her free arm around Yuri’s waist. For a split second, she turned her head to look at you and Minji and continued down the pathway towards the hospital entrance.

Your body froze as chills ran down your spine. A flashback of the ahjumma you saw at the supermarket appeared in your mind. *It’s her.* You remembered all so clearly now. You took a step forward and felt your knees giving in on you. You held Minji tightly and stopped yourself from collapsing.

Once you regain strength to walk again, you held Minji in your arms and chased after the family of three. *I have to find her! I have to know if it’s really her!* You ran down the stepping stones and to the sliding doors . You looked all around you in the lobby, but all you see are patients. You turned around in circles frantically darting your eyes everywhere for them.

      “I will be discharge in an hour or two.*

You recalled what the ahjusshi had told you earlier and your heart dropped. You lost her again.*They're gone.*

“Umma…” You tearfully whispered. 

~~~

Boring chapter!! Sorry for many mistakes. Please feel free to comment and subscribe! Kamsahamnida!  Next chapter will be up soon since I finished this one early! There's a lot to focus on so I will try my best to have more of you and Exo together!! :)