The stranger's eyes

Our Maid Sky Blue

You couldn’t believe what So Yun was telling you right now. She must have been possessed by all of her ‘hot’ stars at her work place to be talking so nonsensical. You put your elbows onto the table and cupped your face with your hands as So Yun continued to talk nonstop.

“---then all you have to do is be there from morning until night. Cook, clean, make sure they are taken care of properly, and then you can leave after they are fed!” She smiles brightly at you. “Oh! And you only have to remember twelve names and know what their likes and dislikes are.”

You blinked at her a few times not saying a single word. *She must be out of her mind.* Minji sat next to you happily eating her pudding as she kick her legs back and forth. The café had a really nice and friendly environment.

“Hello?” So Yun waved in your face. “Earth to Na Yeon! Did you even listen to anything I just said?” She furrowed her eyebrows and you instantly snapped back.

“Uh...yes of course!” You lied. “Good, so you are ok with the job right?” She squint her eyes at you.

“Yeah. I mean NO!” You waved your hands with wide eyes.

“What do you mean no? Yeah it seems like a lot of work, but come on! 12 really good looking and talented guys are hard to pass over! You’ll love it! Trust me. There are TONS of girls out there who would take this job in a HEARTBEAT!” She explained grinning.

You stared at her glumly, “Unnie, does it look like I’m one of those girls? Anyways, it doesn’t matter because I have no idea who they are. I don’t think I have time to babysit a bunch of grown men. I have Minji to take care of.”

“That’s the second point I haven’t made. You’re perfect for this job because you have NO IDEA who they are. That’s who we are actually looking for! Someone who isn’t a diehard fan that will go insane working there and disturb Exo. You have not a clue how lucky you are!” So Yun continued to squeal in excitement as you sat there miserably.

“But I have Minji. She comes first to me. You said I have to work from morning until night, who will look after her?” Your shoulders slouched.

“Didn’t you say you are going to admit her to the children’s hospital? She will be staying there for treatment and have all the care she needs. You can visit her after you get off work.” She just knew all the right things to say.

“I DON’T KNOW!” You whined. This sounded like a really bad idea.

“They pay you twice as much you’ve ever made working your three part time jobs back in Guri. It will help you a lot with the hospitals bill." So Yun was really pushing it. You looked at her sincere face and knew she was only trying to help.

“Twice as much?” You repeated putting up two fingers and she nodded eagerly.

~~~

The next day you packed some necessities that Minji would need during her treatment at the hospital. You already gave them a payment in advance in order to have her treated as soon as possible. She’s still too young to understand what will happen, but she is an extremely strong little girl.

“Ji Ji, don’t forget to bring teddy or you’ll miss him a lot.” You reminded her. She smiled at you and nodded her head. “Umma, I love teddy too much to forget him.”

“You love teddy more than me?” You sat on the floor pretending to pout with your arms crossed. “Hmph!”

“Aniya! I love Umma this much more!” She runs to you and swings her arms around your neck. “Really? You said the same thing to teddy just yesterday!”

“Aigoo…Umma! No fair. Teddy will be sad if he knew the truth.” She giggles and puts her little finger to her lips.

“You silly monkey!” You pulled her down and started to tickle her. “Umma! That tickles me! NaNa! That t-t-tickles!!” She squealed loudly. You finally stopped before she ran out of breath and held her in your arms like a baby.

“Are you excited to meet the other angels?” You asked her. “Very.” She replied smiling. “I can’t wait to be their friends. I didn’t have any at school.” Her voice became a whisper.

You her hair and push her bangs out of her face. “You will make plenty of friends and when you get older like NaNa you will have even more. So, don’t be sad ok?”

“Does NaNa have many friends?” Minji looked at you with her big blue eyes. “Of course! I have so many angels lined up waiting to be my friend.” You chuckled.

Minji got up and cupped your face. She nuzzled her nose against yours and said, “Umma. I’m happy that you’re a blue angel just like me.”

“Me too baby.” You wrapped your arms around her and hugged her tightly. “Ok, put on your shoes Ji Ji. Let’s get going.” *Before I’m late and So Yun unnie kills me.*

~~~

“I told you I will find the perfect one!” So Yun handed your resume over to Manger Kim who took it willingly.

“So Yun, she looks like a high school kid.” He gave her a look.

“Oh come on! She took that picture in high school that’s why. She has really good work experience and she’s only 20 years old.” So Yun explained.

“She’s what? 20? Didn’t I tell you--” She cuts him off. “That she CAN NOT be a fan girl. Don’t worry, she just recently moved to Seoul here yesterday. She has no idea what SM Entertainment is or who the Exos are. Just put it like she’s from a total different planet. If I can say, she’s pretty much a grandmother in a young girl’s body.” So Yun can have a pretty big imagination.

“As long as she’s more mature than you, I’m fine with that.” The manger rolled his eyes. “Well ok, tell her to come in today for an overview and we’ll see from there if she is suitable for the position.”

“Assa! Don’t worry, she’ll be here in an hour.” So Yun grinned happily. “Oh yeah, just let me tell you something ok?”

“Tell me what?” Manager Kim looks at her warily.

“Whatever you do, don’t look surprised when you see her and DO NOT make her feel uncomfortable.” So Yun warned.

“Why would I be surprise?” He gave her a quizzical look.

“You’ll see!” With that, So Yun left the room leaving Manager Kim pondering. *How can my own assistant boss me around?!* He shook his head and went back to work. 

~~~

“Yang Na Yeon! Where are you?” So Yun looked at her watch pacing back and forth in front of SM Entertainment. “I’m going to strangle you if you’re late!” Just at the thought, you were spotted running down the street with a tote bag and a pair of sunglasses.

“Unnie! I’m here!” You waved still waiting to cross the light for pedestrians. When the red hand turned to a walking person, you began to run quickly.

With your eyes glued to So Yun, you didn’t pay attention to a reckless car that swerved right pass you, almost killing you. You stumble backwards and fell flat on your side. The things in your bag and your sunglass flew all over the place. The car immediately stopped.

“Omo!! Na Yeon!!” So Yun screamed from the building and started to run towards the accident.

“Aish….owww..” You slowly got up and dusted yourself off. The driver of the car came out and walked to you.

 “Mianhe, mianhae.” You bowed and apologize without looking up and began to pick up your stuff.

“Are you hurt?” He asked nonchalantly.

“I’m fine…perfectly fine.” You bent down to grab your papers when a stack of cash suddenly appeared in front of you.

“Muh..?” You stared at the cash, stunned.

“Here take this.” He said.

“W-waeyo?” You slowly lifted your eyes and follow the hand up to the face of the person. A tall, extremely attractive, and fashionably dressed man was staring down at you bluntly.

“Go see a--” He looked at you and froze for a second, “a doctor. AHEM.”  He cleared his throat and tried to look away. *Does she not know who I am?*

“Ani! Ani! Gwenchanahyo!” You waved you hands furiously and declined the money. “Again, Mianhae!” You bowed picked up your bag and began to leave when he stopped you.

“Wait!” You turned around. “Your sunglasses.” He hands them to you.

“Kamsahamnida.” You looked up at him and the two of you met eyes. Without thinking much of anything, you put them on and quickly ran off as he stood there watching your back.

“Hyung!” Sehun calls from the car and snaps Luhan back to his senses. He jogged back to the car and got in.

“What took so long? She didn’t want the money?” Luhan shook his head while driving.

“Whew! Good thing she’s our fan, or we’ll end up on the news and Manager Kim will really beat us up.” Sehun shivered at the thought.

“I don’t think she…even knows who I am.” Luhan said lowly.

“Well, even better. She’s a good person then.” He slumped back into the seat..

“Sehun.”

“Yeah?”

“Do a lot people…er…wear colored contacts these days?” Luhan pondered tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

“Hmm…I guess so. Beats me.” Sehun shrugged and looked out the window. “Don’t drive so fast this time OK?”

Luhan nodded still captivated by the stranger’s eyes.