At Practice

Our Maid Sky Blue

 

The monkeys have been pestering you for the past four hours about going with them to the studio. Sehun and Tao took turns following you around while Luhan and Xiumin tried to make you stop trying to act so busy.

You finally escaped them and walked into the laundry room. There was Chanyeol sitting on the dryer, arms crossed and grinning.  “What do you want now?” You opened the washer to take out the wet clothes.

“Don’t you want to see our dance routine?” He cocked his head at you.

“I’m sure you guys are great.” You grabbed the clothes and threw them in the basket and closed the washer door.

“You can’t say that when you haven’t even seen it. I bet you don’t even know how fortunate you are to be so close to us.” He snickered.

“Fortunate?” You laughed. “Yeol, I was hired to WORK. Not to play with you.”

“Who said you were playing with us? We just want you to know who Exo really are!” Chanyeol declared swinging his long legs back and forth.

“I know who Exo are.” You picked up the basket and walked over to the dryer. “A bunch of silly giants and monkeys who act like children.”

“Have you heard our album? Do you even know how many songs we have in it? No no…can you tell me who’s in Exo K and who’s in Exo M?” Chanyeol threw endless questions at you as if you needed to pass the survey if you didn’t want to go.

“I er….no comment.” You held the wet clothes in your hands and stared at him. “Chanyeol, you have to move so I can dry the clothes.”

“You really don’t know? Maid! How could you do this to us? ‘WE ARE ONE’ means nothing to you?” He felt a little heartbroken because it seemed like you weren’t interested in them at all.

Sadly, it was true that you haven’t heard any of their songs before. You suddenly felt awful seeing Chanyeol look so disappointed. Maybe you should have really taken some time and get to know them more. “I’m sorry.”

His face brightened up quickly. “Really? Then that means you’re going with us.” He hopped off the dryer and ran out the room shouting to everything that you finally gave in.

“I never said that!!” You shouted after him. You shoved the clothes into the dryer and switched the heat to median. “Crazy monkey tricked me…”

~~~

You sat there not budging as Exo filed out of the car. “Come on maid.” Xiumin hopped down after Lay and Chen.

 “Don’t worry, no one will be there.” D.O tried to push you out. “The studio is ours during this time.”

“You guys are evil. You know that right?” You shot Chanyeol a glare. He chuckled and came back for you. “Maid, do you want me to carry you inside?”

“Touch me and see what happens.” You growled at him. He stuck out his tongue at you, but backed away. Kris lifted you down from the car and closed the door. “Well, that wasn’t so hard.”

“You traitor.” You hissed at him as you all began to walk towards the building. Tao and Sehun were already inside. “I thought you were on my side?”

“Mian.” He smirked. “There are 11 of them and only one of me. What can I do?”  As a matter of fact, he enjoyed it as much as they did. What could possibly be better than to have you there with them?

“I can’t trust anyone…” You muttered glumly.

Exo threw their bags onto the side as you all walked into a spacious dance room. You plopped down onto the floor and leaned against the wall crossing your legs Indian style. Lay and Kai the music and began to instantly free style to warm up.

“What are you doing?” Luhan came towards you with a quizzical look.

“What do you mean what am I doing? I’m sitting here so you all could see that I’m WATCHING.” You circled your eyes with your hands like binoculars.

“Who said you’re going to just watch? You’re going to dance with us.” He laughed loudly at you and tried to pull you up to your feet.

“Whoa! Wait..wait.” You held up your hands and scoot over to the side. “No I’m not.”

“Yes you are.” He gave you an innocent smile. You squinted your eyes at him not backing down. They might have fooled you to come, but that’s as far is it goes.

“Luhan!” Xiumin shouted. “Get ready.”

“I’ll be back for you.” He eyed you and ran to the middle of the room.

*What did I get myself into?* You slumped your shoulders.

They faced the large mirror and got into position. You watched them practice for a while and realized how good they actually are. They’re dancing was in sync and creative. It was something you have never seen these silly guys done before.

Kai especially, caught your attention. He carried himself like the wind. Each move he made was effortless and beautiful. The passion that he was bringing out was so pure, you found yourself drowning in his perfection.

 “Maid! Are you watching us?” Chanyeol yelled across to you. “Yes Yeol, I’m not blind!” You smiled and took out your cell phone to record them.

Right then, Tao bumped into Kris who bumped into Chanyeol who stumbled backwards and stepped on Suho’s foot. He twirled yelping in pain and crashed into D.O who grabbed onto Xiumin’s leg. They both fell forward, tripping Sehun along the way.

 He reached out and pulled innocent Chen down with him. Like an ending dominos, Lay and Baekhyun got caught in between and collided into each other knocking down Kai. He fell face first and landed on poor leader Suho’s bottom.

As they bickered and struggled to get up, you caught that entire precious moment just on time. You were trying so hard to hold in your laughter, but it was too much to endure. Clutching your stomach, you rolled onto the floor and began gasping for air because laughing wasn’t coming out right anymore.

Exo finally composed themselves and stood up staring at you in bewilderment. You were holding your phone in your hand and still laughing your head off.

“Look you guys, I think Na Yeon’s gone mad.”

“Is she still breathing? Her face is turning blue.”

“She’s choking!”

“No, you idiot she’s laughing at us.”

You opened your eyes and saw them walking slowly towards you and quickly sat up still muffling in your laughter.

“Are you laughing at us?” D.O raised an eyebrow at you. “A..nniyaa!” You shook your head frantically.

“You guys did great! I really liked it!” You gave them two thumbs up grinning so much your cheeks ached.

“Which part?” Chanyeol knelt down to face you not believing a word. “E-every—thing.” You burst out laughing again. Exo was not amused. They stood their gaping at you like a crazy woman.

“What are you holding in your hand?” D.O looked over. “Nothing!” You hid your phone behind you quickly.

“You recorded us flapping around just now!” Xiumin pointed to your phone. “No! Why would I?”

“Let us see it then.” Luhan took a dive for you, but you swiftly duck and crawled under him over to the other side. You stood up and looked at them nervously.

“Don’t worry I wouldn’t do such a thing to our beloved Exo.” You smiled ingenuously.

They whispered amongst each other as you sprung for the door. Chanyeol got there before you did and shook his finger at you. “Nuh-uh-uh. Why are you running away for?” He came forward.

You stepped backward, “Chanyeol don’t look at me like that.” You head to the other direction where sharks awaited you. They were coming for your phone.

Sehun and Tao came after you like hungry monkeys. You slipped your phone into the pocket of you sweater and ran for it.

 “Noona, don’t run away from me!” You dodged Sehun’s grab and squealed fearfully. Tao was right behind you, arms outreached. “Maknaes! Quit it!”

At the corner of your eyes, you saw Xiumin rapidly darting you way. You avoided him and dashed towards Luhan who wouldn’t be of much help. You stopped at a corner of the room and took a deep breath.

“Why are you running from us?!” D.O stood at least 20 feet away.

“Why are you guys chasing me?!” You questioned back hastily.

“Just give us the phone and we’ll leave you alone.” Chanyeol demanded coming to get you. Without looking, you ran to your left and your head collided into Chen’s chest. “Chen, save me.”  

“I’ll try, but I can’t guarantee it.” He smiled cutely at you. *Uhgg, he’s bluffing.* You took off as D.O reach for your arm. You saw Kris sitting down drinking a water bottle not really caring about what’s happening around him. A smile was formed on his face. *That traitor is enjoying it!*

“Baekhyun!!” You yelped and scurried over to his side. He laughed at you and took you into his arms. “They’re crazy. Let’s go home!” You were breathless and flushed pink.

“Then will you let me see what you recorded?” he looked down at you sweetly. “You too?” You scowled and blew at your bangs. Sehun came at you again and took you by the wrist before you could do anything.

 “Why are you so scared?” He chuckled and hover his body behind you taking you forward to the others.

“I should be!” You opposed and forced your way out of his grip. You ran towards your only savior left.

“Lay, make them stop. They’ll listen to you.” You hid behind him.

“I don’t think they will this time.” He looked at you apologetically. “Sorry.” Your hopes fell drastically as Chanyeol made his way to you.

You were suddenly yanked by your forearm and a pair of strong arms led you away. “Pabo. They’re chasing you because you’re running.” Kai softly spoke into your ears and then looked up at the guys.

“No more fooling around guys. Let’s get back to practice.” He gave them a serious stare. You relaxed a little and slouched against the wall.

“If you say so.” D.O crossed his arms. “But she caught you landing on Hyung’s .” You slapped a hand over your face and muttered under your breath. Kai’s eyes bulge out of its socket and he turn to look at you. “Give it.” He held out his hand.

You pouted, but stubbornly did not give in. You wanted to keep that memory with you wherever you went. You looked around for help instantly. “Suho!” You gave him a pleading look.

 Of course, he couldn’t resist that face of yours. “That’s enough guys. Leave Na Yeon alone. We didn’t bring her here to chase after her.” You nodded furiously agreeing with him. *This will be the last too.*

They finally chilled out and sprawled onto the floor exhausted. You happily clutched the phone in your pocket closely and walked away from them. “I’ll go buy drinks!” You shouted and left out the door. Kail laughed at your retrieving back and followed you.