Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

 

 

“When is your exam?” Aaron ask me as we were studying tonight again.

“This Saturday” I said as I look at my little calendar on my desk.

“Are you nervous?”

“Who wouldn't be nervous when a big exam is coming up?”

“Just asking” he said and turn to look at some notes. “But you'll do fine, we've been studying so hard for this exam.”

“I hope I’ll do fine” I said and look at some notes as well.

“Why don't we do this, if you pass I’ll grant you one wish. And that one wish can be anything you want.”

“But if I don't?”

“Then you'll have to grant me one wish.”

“What? Why?”

“Because I’ve been helping you study for so long, I should gain something from this too right?”

“...Okay.”

“Promise?” He held up his pinky.

I cross mine with his. “Promise.”

“Other than the wish, what else do you want to do once you pass the exam?”

“I've been thinking...and I’ve decided that if I pass the exam, I want to confess to George. What do you think?”

“...”

“Aaron?” I turn to look at him.

“Huh? ...I think it's great” he smile.

“Good, I feel more confident now.”

“But..what if he rejects you?”

“As long as I still like him after he rejects me, I will still try to get him. Wait, that sounds kind of like obsession, but you know what I mean right?”

“Yeah~ do you want something to drink?” Aaron ask as he got up.

“Sure, apple juice today please” I said not looking at him.

“Okay, I’ll be right back” he said and quickly left the room.

'What wrong with him?' I wonder as he left.

I waited and waited for Aaron to return, but he didn't so I slowly drift off to dreamland.

- - - - -

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

It's those gun shots again. I was standing in a dark room, but in that dark room there was a very bright door, and from that door I could hear the gun shots. I tried to get closer to the door, but I was scared to, and my feet wouldn't move. Instead, I felt the door slowly coming closer and closer to me. I cover my head as the door came through me.

Once I open my eyes the gun shots where no longer heard. I look around found myself in a mansion. I could hear a girl crying. I turn around and saw her, she was the girl who looks like me in my dreams before, if I remember correctly, her name was Gui Gui as well.

Why is she crying? 

“Is she still not eating?” I could hear a deep male's voice outside the door.

“Yes Master” one of the guy answer.

“Open the door for me.”

“Yes sir.”

As they began to open the door the girl who looks like me quickly shuts it tightly.

“Don't you come in! I hate you! I don't want to see you!” she said leaning on the door.

“I'll let you see him. I’ll let you see George” the deep male voice said.

G-George? I thought watching them.

“Really?” Gui Gui said softer.

“Really, but in exchange, you'll have to go to America.”

“How could you to this to me?!” Gui Gui starts to yell again.

“Just wait” he said. “I've got news for you, about that guy...they say that he's in a critical condition and is in emergency care, but his family can't afford it much longer, so if you want to save him you should be a good girl and listen to me. I can help his family pay the medical fee off and save him, but only if you agree to go to America. I’ll let you decided, but don't take too long, as his live line just get shorter and shorter every second.”

That evening Gui Gui made her decision.

“Master, Miss wrote you a letter” one of the man said as he hands the letter that Gui Gui wrote to Mr. Wu.

“I've decided to go to America, but before I go, I want to see George first.”

After reading that over his shoulder I felt like I was pulled into time again.

I follow Gui Gui as she walks into the hospital and went to look for someone in the emergency care section. She found the person's room but didn't go in.

“Excuse me miss” a nurse said as she opens the door to George’s room and wheeled in a cart of things. Gui Gui quickly leans over and saw a glimpse of George’s face. I too saw a glimpse of his face because I was standing next to her. She started to tremble. She looks away and covered as she ran off.

I don't know why, but every time she cries, tears drip down my face as well.

- - - - -

I woke up short of breath again. My heart ache as well. I sat up straight trying to catch some air was well as trying to calm my heart down. I slowly was catching some air, but my heart wouldn't stop aching. The tears from my dream continues to flow down my face.

“Gui Gui! What's wrong?!” I heard Aaron dropping the cups in the hallway before running to me.

I turn away as I didn't want him to see me like this. “I'm okay,” I said still taking deep breaths.

“How can you be okay?!” he yells at me as he turns me towards him. He saw my pale, teary face and immediately took out his phone.

I grab onto his hand to stop him from calling the ambulance. “I'm fine, I will really be okay, I promise” I said calming myself down a little more.

He sat his phone down, and wipes my tears away.

“Then let me make sure you will really be okay” he said and carried me out of the room.

He took me to a guess room and soon a doctor arrived. The doctor checked up on me and found that nothing was wrong with me. After reporting to Aaron, the doctor left.

I was sitting on the bed waiting for Aaron to come in.

“How are you feeling?” he ask as he walks in.

“Better, see I told you I would be fine” I forced a big smile.

“Don't force yourself” he said as he pat my head seeing right through me. “What was that about? How could you make such painful face and still have nothing wrong with you?” he ask me as he sat on the bed.

“I...I can't tell you now.”

“Then, should I call and ask your parents,” he said and took out his phone.

“No!” I stopped him. “Please, please don't tell my parents, especially my mom.”

“Why?”

“I will tell you, once I pass the exam” I said in exchange.

After a while of thinking Aaron agreed. He let me rest for the rest of our study hours before sending me home.

“Come” he said as we got to the staircase.

“What?” I ask as he was a step lower than me.

“I will piggy back you, but just for today.”

“To the car?”

“Mm.”

“Okay!” I said excited. I haven't been piggy back since forever. I quickly got on and he started to move down the steps.

“Eh~ are we not taking your ccar?” I ask as we pass his car.

“No, we are walking to your house today.”

“But it's getting late, it will take a long time.”

“It's okay” he replied.

“Then let me down.”

“No. Why? Because you don't feel well.”

“But I’m all recharged now.”

“You're house is actually not far from mine,” he change the subject.

“Of course it is, why do you say that?” I ask and realize that he wasn't taking the usual road to my house.

“Where are we going?”

“To your house of course” he laughs.

“Going this way?”

“Yeap.”

After 20~30 minute walk we reached my house, and he finally lets me down.

“How did we get here so fast?”

He turns around and pointed to the other side of the hill.

“From this road.”

“So...so you live on the other side of the hill?!” I said shocked as well as surprised.

“Bingo.”

“Then why did we always take so long to get to your house?”

“I took the long road, why else?” 

“Oh~ Now that I think about it. I haven't went to the other side of the hill yet.”

Aaron laughs, “Get inside, I will be going now.”

“Okay, thank you for today, and you becareful.”

He pats my head before turning away.

'Is it just me or does he seem to be sad again?' I thought as I watch him slowly walk away. 'Wait, I shouldn't be thinking about him now, exam! Yes I should just think about the exam!'

The weekend quickly came and it was already my exam day.

“Good luck! You can do it!” Ya Tou came to cheer me on.

“Yes, you can do it” said Wang Zi who came along with her.

“Don't worry too much, you'll do fine” Aaron said as he pats my head. “And I’ll wait for you, so give me a call when you are done.”

I nod my head.

I slide my hand into my pocket and squeezed the good luck charm my mother gave me before I left.

“Thanks guys” I smile at them.

“Gui Gui!” I heard Xiao Xun's voice.

I turn to the side and saw her running towards me.

That's right! Xiao Xun came here to take the exam with me. We hope to study together again.

“Gui Gui!!!!!” she hugs me immediately. I held her tightly as well as we jump in circles.

“Xiao Xun! You're really here!” I said excited to see her again after a long year.

“Of course I am! But look at you you seem like you've lost some weight!” she said as she pulls back to look at me.

“So did you” I told her after checking her out too.

“Oh~ I miss you so much!” she said and hugs me again with teary eyes.

“You guys, it's almost time,” Aaron reminded us.

“Right!” I said and pushed Xiao Xun away. “I will do introduction later” I told them and pulled Xiao Xun away as she began greeting them.

“They look so close” Ya Tou said sadly as she watch us run off.

Wang Zi held her hand, but doesn't know what do to do make her feel better.

“Don't worry,” Aaron told Ya Tou. “After the exam, I’m sure you all will become best friends.”

“Yeah~ and they haven't seen each other in so long, how could I say something like that” she smile.

Luckily Xiao Xun and I got into the same room but we sat in different corners. Oh well, just having her here made me calmed down a lot already.
 

 

 

 

 

****