Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

 


A week went by and I found out that I have two classes with George, and one with Aaron, but having classes with him didn't help me get closer to him at all, why? Blame his fans, they're with him 24/7 at school. No wait, take that back, blame him for being too handsome.

“Sorry, I’m sorry for being late!” I rush into a classroom. “I got lost” I said to the teacher who's standing in the front of the room.

“It's okay, it happens all the time on the first meeting” he told me. “Ah~ there's two open seat over there, go sit down, we've just began, and welcome to swimming club.”

“Thank you” I said relief. 'Thank goodness he's a nice teacher' I smile and walk towards the empty seat in the back that he pointed out to me.

I sat down and took out a notebook to jot down notes, just as I putting my things away I felt someone came to sit next to the empty seat beside mine.

I turn to greet that person, but I quickly turn away once I got a glance at his face.

'OMG!' I felt my heart racing. I slowly turn my head to make sure I saw it right. And I sure did. 'George...is in swimming club?' I found the news very shocking. But I like it a lot as well, and this will be an opportunity to get closer and to get to know him better.

“Alright, starting from back there” the teacher's loud voice swept me out of my thoughts.

“Yes?” I replied.

“Please introduce yourself and what year you are.”

I got up nervously. I was never good with the 'all eyes on me' thing. 

I swallow, “Hi, I’m Wu Ying Jie, but everyone can just call me Gui Gui, and this will be my first year here, nice to meet you all” I smile at my new club members.

“Welcome Gui Gui,” the coach smiled at me as I sat down back into my seat.

“George” the teacher called his name.

I turn to him and met his eyes as he got up, but he immediately looks to the front and started introducing himself. Even though he ignored me, my eyes couldn't get off him.

As he sat down I look away and smile to my self. It was the first time I get to stare at him for so long, and up close too, I’m happy he's the first guy I like.

After the meeting was over George quickly left the room as I was packing my things. I didn't get to talk to him, but knowing that he's in the same club with me, and seeing him up close today, made me really happy already.


- - - -

-Next Day in Club-

'Where's George?' my eyes wonder around as we did stretches.

“Hi,” the girl beside me suddenly starts talking to me.

“Hi,” I replied still with my eyes wondering.

“I'm Tong Tong” she continue to talk to me.

“I'm Gui Gui” I reply.

“This is my first year, and first time swimming,” she said nervously.

“Oh~”

“Are you good at swimming?”

“So-so.”

“At least you can still swim.”

“Mm.”

“Why did you join swimming club?”

I finally turned my attention to her.

“I like to swim. You?”

“I want to learn” she smile.

And so that's how the rest of the club session went. We learned to swim and made new friends. And about George, he never showed up.

After taking a shower to rinse off the chlorine, I put on my clothes and was about to leave but then I heard splashing noises from the pool. I set my bag back down onto the bench and look around the girl's locker room to see if there was anyone who's still here beside me, but I didn't see anyone. I slowly walk out to the pool and saw someone swimming under the water. It was a male, and he was a good swimmer, but with no interest I turn to leave.

Just as I turn I heard splashing again, but these splashes sounded different from the ones before. I quickly turn around and saw the guy under the water in the deeper part of the pool trying to get up into the surface.

I waited for a few second to see if he was really drowning, then before I knew it he started to sink. I panicked for a few seconds before running to the pool and jumping in to save him.

“George?” I said as soon as I pulled him to the side and finally saw his face. 'Why is he here? Club hours are done.'

But it was no time to be surprised or curious. I shook my head and lean towards his face to see if he was still breathing.

“George?!” I shook his shoulders, but he didn't answer. “George!” I called again, but still no reply. I tilt his head and did the CPR procedures.

'You can't die yet, you have to be okay, you haven't accept me yet, I haven't learn anything about you yet, how can you just die like this?' those thoughts ran through my head as tears began to blur my vision while I continue to do the CPR procedures.

*cough, cough

“George? Are you okay?” I ask as I help him sit up. I gently hit his back to help him cough out the water that got into his lungs.

He turn to look at me, his face was really pale.

“Are you okay?” I ask again.

He look away and closed his eyes, then he suddenly fell backward.

“Oh~!” I quickly slide my arm under his head to save it from hitting the hard ground.

“George?” I ask as I shook his shoulder. “Ge- You're...You're burning!”

- - - - -

Sitting next to George’s bed in the nurse's office made my urge suddenly took over. I slowly reach for his hand held his hand in mine.

“Please get well soon,” I said softly as I gently squeezed his hand.

I lay my head down and closed my eyes.

~

“Promise me you'll write to me everyday” a little girl about six years old said  in tears to a little boy about nine years old who's in front of her.

“I promise” he said and they did the pinky swear.

Who are they? This can't be George and I in the-

“Rong Rong, it's time to go,” an man in his early thirty came to get the girl.

Rong Rong? That's definitely not me...then who is this little boy? Why am I here in this dream?

“George, you must remember” the little girl said crying as she slowly approach a black car.

“I will” he yells to her as he was fighting back his tears.

So..this is George...then who's this little girl?

“Rong Rong, don't forget me!” he yells to her as she gets into the car. “You must remember me, must!”

I look at the car and saw the little girl looking back at him crying from the back window.

When the car drove off the boy finally lets his tears down.

“You must remember our promise..” he whispers. “Must.”

Promise?

~

I sat up taking deep breaths. I look around and realize that I was still in the nurse's office. I look down to George and saw a tear running down the side of his face.

“So...it was your dream” I said softly as I wipe his tear away. 'You really miss her don't you? The Rong Rong girl I saw in your dream...was she your first love?'

~

That night I couldn't fall asleep, questions kept on popping up into my head.

“Do you hate me this much? So much that you had to show me the person you love?” I close my eyes as tears run down the side of my face down to my pillow.

- - - -

“Gui Gui!” Xiao Xun yells as soon as she saw me step into the school grounds.

I turn to look at her.

“What?”

“I heard! I heard! I HEARD!” she continues to yell.

“What did you heard?”

“Don't be shy about it” she elbows me and giggles by herself.

“What?” I continue to ask confused.

“You seriously don't know?” she walks in front of me to face me.

I shook my head.

“I heard you turned into Water Girl and gave your first kiss away to save the man you love” she explains happily by herself.

“First of all, I didn't turn into Water Girl, secondly CPR doesn't count as a kiss, thirdly, how did you “heard” about this?”

“First of all, you totally turned into Water Girl, secondly it does count as a kiss, because it was mouth to mouth and lips to lips, thirdly, everyone on campus knows. The Prince has no privacy at all you know.”

I look around and saw all the female's eyes at me.

I pull up my hood and walk to class.

That whole week I made many friends yet also made many foes. The friends came from the Water Girl side, they were happy that I saved their Prince for them, and then there's the Foes. They came from the mouth to mouth and lips to lips side. They were angry at me because I CPR him.

- - - - -

-That weekend-

“Thank goodness it's still here” I smile as I ran to find that picture of the model in the mall that George was starring at that one time. I look to see if there was her name on the poster, and as soon as I start to search I found it. There was her signature on the poster, but I couldn't read it so I look towards the bottom of the poster and found a small print of her name.

“Kristen...Ren?”

~

“...her family moved to Europe when she was six and began her career as a model at age 10. Kristen's hobbies are singing and playing the piano.”

After seeing her name I came back home and look her up. “Her nickname is....” I stop as soon as I saw her nickname. “Rong Rong.”

'That girl in his dream was this girl...' I recall the girl in George’s dream. Just thinking about it made tears came to my eyes. 'This is George’s first love...the person he thinks about every time I have those dreams.'

- - - - -

“Gui Gui, can you help me with swimming lessons today?” Tong Tong's voice came into my thoughts.

“Okay” I replied with a smile.

“Thank you.”

As I finish my stretches, I saw George walking out from the boys changing room.

I look away and pull a straight face trying to look cool with his existence like it was no big deal because this was the first time that he came to class since the beginning of the year, but at the same time my heart was pounding so fast. Yet, I felt like I was angry with him for some reason, well, maybe it was more like jealousy...because the girl he like wasn't me.

It was great that George came to the club, but I guess because of that jealousy that caused my anger towards him, I didn't talk or look at him all.

I close my locker and grab my bag. I walk out of the girl's locker room and saw George standing against the wall in the hall by the boy's locker room.

“Wait” I heard his voice stop me as I turn the other way to leave.

I felt my heart skip a beat hearing his voice.

“You can ignore me after hearing me out” he said as he came to stand in front of me.

I immediately look at him.

“I'm listening” I said feeling my heart pickup it's pace again.

“I don't like owing people, so what can I do to thank you back?” he said and looks away.

I look away as well in deep thoughts.

'If you were smart, the word Thank You would be enough, but since you're asking...' I smiled and look back at him.

“Anything?” I ask.

“Anything that I can do.”

“Okay, since you asked, I want you to grant me three wishes.”

 

 

 

****

Sorry for the forever late updates. I haven't been in the mood of writing lately, and I've started school again, so my updates are going to take a while. But I will finish this ff. Promise. ^^