Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

I look around feeling so weird with Aaron eating with us at the same breakfast table, but it seems like Aaron and my father had already met, because they seem so comfortable around each other.

I used my chopsticks to poke it through sausage on my plate before stuffing it into my mouth. I don't know why but I feel so irritated with Aaron here.

“Gui Gui why didn't you tell your father and I that you wanted to go to Taipei University?” my mother ask out of the blue.

I quickly turn away as I got choke on my sausage. I grab my cup of orange juice and drank half of what was in the cup before setting it down.

I gave Aaron; who's sitting across from me; a death glare for telling my parents, but he smiled at me innocently and continues to eat.

“I wanted to tell you guys but I just didn't have the chance to yet,” I told them.

“That's great!” my mother said excited.

“Why?” I ask as I drank some more orange juice. That sausage still feels like it is hanging around my throat.

“Because it's close to home, AND tada!” she wiggles her fingers at Aaron trying to make him shine. “You're new teacher.”

I sat the cup down and quickly cover my mouth before I spit it all back out.

“What?!” I manage to say after the second choke.

“Aaron Yan here, will be your new tutor. He will be responsible to teach you things that you will need to know to get into Taipei University. Isn't that great?!” my mother smiled at me.

“I object!” I totally won't agree with this.

“Why?” my mother said kind of hurt.

“Why does AARON have to tutor me? There's so many other teacher as well.”

“Because I’m good at all subject” Aaron said defending his position to be.

“With what proof?”

“Me ALREADY being a Taipei University student of course.”

“So is George,” I mumbled, but I think he heard it. “But you just lied. You're only good at Science and Math.”

“How did you know?” Aaron ask surprised. 

“I did my research,” I said proudly.

“It's true that I’m good at math and science, but that's because those two are my two favorite subjects. I’m not great at the rest of the subjects, but that doesn't mean that I’m bad at them either.”

“That's right” my mother agreed with Aaron. “So it's decided. Aaron welcome to the family!”

'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~! How could I lost this talk and have him be my tutor now? Man, I need to talk some sort of speech class.'

I look at Aaron and he smiled brightly at me.

After breakfast and a long lecture from my dad about how Aaron should tutor me (just so that he doesn't do anything to me) my parents left to go attend a friends party, and it seems like my tutoring began today.

~

“Why did you have to tell them? Why did you have to agree? (for being my tutor)” I complain to Aaron as he head up to my study room.

“I told you, I’m a good person and I really want to help you get into the University.”

“If you're a good person, then why don't you help me by getting George to be my tutor?” I said as I sat down on the sofa in my study room.

“Because~ George only like smart girls,” Aaron said as he walk towards my desk and sat down.

“He does?!” I ask shocked to hear that.

He nods his head, “So if I ask him to help tutor you doesn't that make you look kind of....stupid?”

“That's right~” I said kind of disappointed.

“But because I’m here, I’ll turn you smart!”

I look at him and smile, “Yeah~ let's get to work” I said and head towards where he is.

We studied for the whole morning and finally left my house to go have lunch.

“Where are we going to eat?” I ask Aaron as we got into his car.

“Where do you want to go eat?”

“Anywhere is fine, as long as it's not your house.”

“Then to my house we go” he said and turns the car around.

“No, wait, didn't I just told you-”

Aaron speeds up so I shut my mouth and held on tightly to the chicken bar hoping I would not die. And with that kind of speed we got to his house before I knew it.

“We are here” Aaron said as he parks the car.

I open my eyes and saw a white big building in front of me.

“Let's go” he said and got out.

I unseat belt myself and got out as well.

'Woah~ He's really rich...'

Just looking at the house made me speechless. I think going in will make my jaw drop.

“Are you gana stand there all day?” Aaron ask me as he was already at the door.

“C-coming” I said and walk towards him as I look around.

“Stay close to me, and don't look around to much, you can get lost” he instructed as we walk through the house.

“Yes,” I replied, but my eyes was still glued to the amazing house.

I suddenly felt Aaron pulled my hand. I bumped into his chest and look up at him.

“Hey!”

“Look where you're going” he said and turn to look at what I was about to run into.

I turn to look and saw a tall, beautiful and very expensive looking vase there.

“If you break that, would you have the money to buy a new one for me?”

I shook my head.

“I will be more careful” I said and pull my hand from his.

He turn back around and continues our walk.

“Where are you taking me?” I ask as I was more cautious now.

“To the kitchen of course, weren't we going to have lunch?”

“Right~.” I continue to follow him.

Aaron suddenly stops and opens the door for me. I walked in and he followed.

“This is your kitchen?” I ask as I held onto my jaw tightly from dropping. His kitchen is a big as a restaurant's kitchen.

“Amazing right?” he brags.

“Have a seat” he said and leads me to a viewing seat ( a seat where I could watch the cooks cook.).

“Are you going to cook?”

“No,” he replied and pressed a button on the wall. A few seconds later two chief walks in.

“We are going to watch them cook. What do you want to eat?”

“Anything?”

He nods his head. “Anything.”

“Then I want steak!”

“Okay, steak please” Aaron told the chief.

“Really?” I ask not believing it.

“Really” he smiled at me.

We watch the chiefs cook our lunch for us, and then ate it deliciously.

“Ah~ I’m so full” I said patting my stomach.

“I can see that” he said looking at my expanding stomach.

I quickly cover it with my hands.

“That was so good...but now we gotta get back to studying.”

“Do you just want to study here? I mean, since we're here, I can get some notes that I took while I was studying to get into Taipei University for you.”

“Okay!” it suddenly slipped out of my mouth. "Wait, you had to study to get in?"

"Of course. Everyone entering had to take an exam to get in. You think I bribed them or something?"

'Yeah.'

"So you took the exam as well?" I continue to ask. 

"I sure did."

Aaron then grabs his notes and we studied in the living room since I haven't trust him enough yet to study with him in his study room.

We had dinner before he sent me home.

“Thanks for today, I will study really hard tonight” I said as I collect the notes on my lap.

“Don't study too hard, you'll burn out your brain” he smile at me.

“See you tomorrow teacher” I said and got out. I head in and heard him drove off.

'See you tomorrow teacher? When did I get so close to him?' I wonder to myself. 'I guess I can believe that he's a good person, but I shouldn't let my guard down yet.'

- - - - - -

“Gui Gui” Ya Tou walk up to me as I was walking to school the next morning.

“Oh good morning Ya Tou!” I said with a smile.

“Good morning...um, Wang Zi would like to talk to you” she said and steps aside.

I saw Wang Zi walking towards me.

“What would you like to TALK about?” I ask with an evil glare.

“I...I want to...” he paused and look at Ya Tou.

She mouth him 'quickly'.

“I want to apologize to you, I know what I did to you was wrong. I’m sorry” he said looking at me.

I hit him on the shoulder and smiled. “It was just something small, just forget about it. Misunderstandings always happen, as long you know that you're wrong then I’m willing to let it go as well.”

“...You're not going to yell at me?”

“Why should I? It's no use now anyways right? Just love Ya Tou with all your heart like you have always done and I’ll never yell at you.”

“...Thanks...” he replied somewhat embarrassed. “I'll tell the others to apologizes too.”

“Yeah~ you do that” I smile. “Then let's start from the beginning again. Hi, nice to meet you, I’m Gui Gui.”

“Wang Zi” he said and shook my hand.

“Shall we go to class now?” I look at Ya Tou who's happy.

“Yes we should!” she said and puts her arm around mine and Wang Zi's.

And like that the end of the year came already. During these pass months I studied with Aaron everyday night, and talked to Xiao Xun every weekend. At school I take naps when I can because of lack of sleep, and became good friends with Wang Zi. And then there's George...I tried to get close to him but it was very difficult, so I'm a little worried about how to get close to him. I’m also not use to approaching guys (as you all can see Aaron approached me first), and especially cold ones like him, so our gap is still very far from getting close. 

 

 

 

 

 

****

UPDATE! (^-^)