Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

 

“Gui Gui! Sorry I’m late!” that guy who always appear in my dreams said as he ran towards me breathless.

“Are you angry?” he ask me.

I was sitting down so I look up at him, and still I cannot see his face.

Ugh! I give up, it's not like I want to see his face anyways! I thought and look away annoyed.

“I'm sorry okay” he said after not hearing my reply, but seeing my annoyed reaction. “I had to stay behind a few more minutes because a worker came in late today” he explains.

“Let's go” he said and reach for my hand.

I felt my body got that electricute feeling after he touched my hand. I look at his hand that's holding mine.

I was shocked.

He's really holding my hand. We...We...We finally touched each other! For some reason I felt really happy.

“For being late, I’ll take you to a beautiful place” he said and pulls me up.

I was still looking at his hand that's REALLY holding mine. When I finally calmed down and look up, all I saw was his back. And although the front was never clear, the back was very, very clear. He had a short hair and a very broad back. He seems like he also work out, I can see some back muscles.

y~ No! What am I thinking? I shook my head.

“What's wrong?” he stops and turns back to look at me.

I look away once he look at me.

“Ahiyo~ stop being mad” he said and held onto my other hand.

I could feel him gently squeezing them.

“Please?” he said as he leans towards me. Getting closer and closer to me, I felt my heart beating faster and faster, yet it didn't hurt.

I suddenly felt his lips on the left side of my cheek. I quickly look at him shocked and saw his smile, a part of his face for the first time. It was a beautiful smile.

“Let's go” he said and lifts me up the bridal way.

I automatically wrap my arms around his neck and a smile sneakily came up my lips. I held him tightly as he walk towards where ever he's going.

Being so close I could smell his scent, I’d have to admit, he smells really nice. And being so close I could feel his heart beating, it was beating just as fast as mine.

What kind of feeling is this? I'm feeling anxious and nervous. My stomach feels really funny as well...My heart won't slow down it's beating...ah~ suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my heart here it comes.

My heart began to ache again.

Why does my heart always ache? It hurts, please stop.

I held onto him tighter as the aching got more painful.

-

“Ah~” I felt my chest squeezing tighter. For some reason it hurts so much more this time.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I open my eyes to my alarm clock. The pain suddenly began to go away.

Thank you. I telegraph it to my alarm clock for waking me up.

I got up and got ready for a new day in a new city.

“Good morning!” I said full of energy as I enter the dinning room.

“Morning dear” my mother said as she was making some eggs.

“Morning, did you sleep well last night?” my father ask as he was reading the newspaper and drinking coffee.

“Slept like a log” I lied.

“Good,” he replied.

“Gui Gui, when you leave today remember to grab the spare keys that I left for you on top of the TV,” my mom said as she sets my plate of breakfast in front of me.

“Okay,” I said and began to eat.

My parents left together leaving me home to clean up. After washing the dishes I went to change my clothes and head out grabbing the spare keys on the way.

I walk down the mountain towards the bus stop at the bottom of the slope. As I walk down I smile to myself enjoying the view and the nice weather. I have a good feeling today is going to be a great day.

When I reached the bottom of the mountain the bus just got there.

Oh yeah!

I quickly ran towards the bus and got on with other people. I greeted the bus driver and sat down in an empty seat located in the back.

I look at the bus route on the bus and waited for my stop to come. It took about four stops before I got off.

I look around and head towards the direction of my new school. I walked for 10 minutes before actually reaching the place. I look at the school and took a deep breath. I smile and walk towards the door officer.

I told him that I’m a new student, and he helped me with the direction to get to the main office.

I thanked him and went on my way. On the way I met many students passing by. They all gave me a weird look like they've never seen a new student or something.

When I finally reach the main office I walked in and talked to the teachers. Luckily it only took a few minutes to get some paper work done. I met my homeroom teacher and greeted her. She told me where my new classroom would be and told me that I was allowed to look around. But because students were still in class I’ll have to be quiet in the hall way.

As I look around I heard the bell rung for lunch. Students began to rush towards one room. Curious I followed some of them and they lead me to the lunch room. I stood by the door and look in. After looking in enough I turn around and was frightened by a girl standing in front of me with a big smile on her face.

“Hi!” she said in a high pitch voice.

Is she for real?!

Not to be mean but I find her voice to be very amusing, because it's the first time in my life hearing someone's voice so high pitch. I mean, usually only anime characters have high pitch voice.

“Hi” I replied back awkwardly.

“You must be the new student! Hi, my name is Ya Tou! We are in the same class, so from now on we will be classmates, nice to meet you” she said holding out her hand.

I shook her hand and smile, “I'm Gui Gui” I told her. “Nice to meet you too.”

“Are you touring the school? Would you like me to be your tour guide?” she ask.

“No, it's okay, I already looked enough” I reply.

“Oh darn, if only the bell would have ranged faster” she said a bit disappointed.

“Why don't you show me around the city instead? When you have time of course” I said after seeing her disappointed face.

“Really?!” she immediately brightens up. “Okay, how about today after school?”

“Is it okay?” I ask to make sure.

“Of course, I don't have cram school, so it should be fine.”

“Ya Tou, who are you talking to?”

Ya Tou turns around and quickly, yet taking small steps running towards a group of guys. She swung her arm around the guy in the front and smiled.

“I'm talking to Gui Gui,” she said to the guy while looking at him. “Gui Gui!” she calls my name.

I slowly walk towards them.

“Gui Gui?” the guy said. “What a funny name” he laughs.

“Wang Zi! Don't be mean!” Ya Tou said letting go of his arm.

“Wang Zi?” I smiled. “You shouldn't be talking, yours is just as funny as well” I said making the guys behind him laugh.

“Gui Gui, I’m sorry,” Ya Tou apologize for him. “This is my boyfriend Wang Zi, he's usually not like this” she said.

“It's okay,” I said. “It's not like I care how he acts like anyways, then I’ll get going, see you later?”

“Okay” she smiled. “Oh~ right, can you give my your number?”

“Sure” I said and we quickly exchange numbers.

“See you later” she said with a smile as I walked away.

I waved my hand into the air without turning back.

“I don't like her” Wang Zi said.

“You say that about everyone” Ya Tou said and looks at her phone.

“I'm serious. She's a suspicious one.”

“You're the suspicious one” Ya Tou said and closed her phone. “Let's go eat” she said and walks into the lunch room.

“I'm being serious here,” Wang Zi said as he follows her into the lunch room.

- - - -

I look at my phone.

I’ve got four hours left...what should I do?

I walk towards a 711 nearby and bought a cold drink and had some ramen for lunch. After slowly eating I finish and left the place. I wondered nearby the school and stalled time until it was time to meet the Ya Tou girl.

During the four hours I hung out by myself at the arcade nearby, and went to the internet cafe.

I slowly walk back towards the school. I watch as students rushed out of the gate excited to go home. I stood by the wall waiting for that Ya Tou girl. Soon less and less students started to come out. I look at my watch and 15 minutes went by. Because I can be pretty patient I waited another 45 minutes. As the hour went by the school became emptied.

Is she kidding me? I was pissed now. I’ve wasted practically a whole day waiting so that I can just hangout with her. I felt like a fool. Pissed and hungry I left the school and head home.

When I got home my parents weren't home yet. I made myself dinner and head up to my room. Just as I jump on my bed my phone ranged.

“Xiao Xun!” I answered happily.

“Gui Gui!” Xiao Xun screams from the other side.

“Hey! I’m going death here!” I yell back.

“Sorry!” she laughs. “I just really, really miss you!”

I sigh, “Me too.”

“What's wrong? You sound so down” she ask me.

“You see...blah blah blah blah” I told her the whole story of what happened.

“I want to slap her” Xiao Xun said angrily over the phone. “I mean she has your number, she could have at least call you to tell you that she's not or can't come meet you. Jeeze, I hate those kind of people most,” she continues to complain to me.

“I was really pissed. But now that I’m calmed down, I wonder if something had happen to her” I told Xiao Xun.

“Yeah the only thing that would happen is that she probably made out with her boyfriend and forgot to look at the time.”

I laugh. I feel so much better now after letting everything out. We talked for about 2 hours before hanging up the phone.

I roll around my bed and reached for my bag on the ground. I lift it up to the bed and took out the school papers.

“Looks like I start school next week” I smiled. “What should I do?” I went to the other room and my laptop. I look up Taipei and jot down some fun things to do.

- - - -

Next Day

I got some allowance and went off on my own. I got on the bus and first thing on my list was to find good places to eat.

I look around for one of the place that I jot down last night. And finally found it after searching the area for 10 minutes.

“Here you go, please enjoy” the waitress said as she sets down my plate of pasta.

“Thanks” I said with a smile and picks up my fork. The pasta I ordered was oyster pasta, so the first thing I ate was an oyster.

Mmmmm~! Sooo delicious!

I dig into the pasta and ate my lunch.

“Thank you, I’ll come again,” I said as I paid. I left the restaurant after paying and went shopping to let the food settle down.

Before I knew it, it was getting dark. I walk to a nearby bus stop and surprisingly ran into some people I met yesterday.

“We finally found you” Wang Zi said annoyed.

What? Why would they need to find me?

“Come with us” he said.

“Why should I?”

“Do I even have to tell you why?” he said piss.

“Of course you do,” I replied back.

“Get her” he told the guys behind him.

And they walk towards me.

“Are you scared? Why do you need this much people just to catch me?” I look at Wang Zi.

“I just don't want to get my hands dirty” he replied. “Catch her!”

The five guys rushed towards me. I kick the fastest one in the stomach and punch the next one beside him on the face and push him towards the other guys. I quickly ran away as I got the chance.

Thanks dad, for teaching me some self-defense moves. At that moment I was so happy that my dad forced me to learn some self-defense moves when I was young. It was my first time using these moves, and it felt good, it really came in handy.

“What are you guys doing?!” he said and ran after me.

Gosh! What did I ever do to them? I thought as I continue to run without turning back.

I ran and ran until I couldn't anymore. When I stopped I’ve got no idea where the heck I am. I look around and sat down on the cold cement trying to catch my breath. I finally look back and it looks like they weren't coming after me anymore, so I relaxed myself. But just when I did, someone place their hand on my shoulder. I immediately stiffen my back.

I quickly turn around and swung my hand to punch that unknown person but he quickly blocks my fist. Once I saw his face I pull my hand away and immediately got up.

“Oh?! It's you!” he said just as surprised as me.

I look away and started to walk off to find a bus stop.

“It's me! Aaron!” he said as he follows me. “We met at the rest stop.”

I stop walking and he ran into me.

“Hey!” I turn around and yell at him. “Can't you see where you're walking?!”

“Sorry” he laughs at me. “You suddenly stop so-”

“OH! So it's my fault that YOU RAN INTO ME?”

“No, no” he smiled. “It's my fault, my fault. Sorry, I’ll be more careful next time.”

“There won't be a next time. I don't know you, and don't want to know you” I said and turn back around.

“You really don't want to know me?” he ask continuing to follow me. “Well that's too bad. I’m a great person you know.”

“You'll be a great person as long as you leave me alone.”

“Ouch, such cold words...I'm hurt.”

I ignore him and walk towards the bigger roads to get a taxi.

“Don't ignore me. The more you do the more we'll meet you know.”

Like there's such thing.

“There is” he replied.

I picked up my pace once I heard that. He's really crazy! He's reading my mind!

“Hey! Why are you walking so fast?” he picks up his pace as well. “I'm not crazy. And I can't read mind as well.”

I stop and he, of course ran into me again. Just this time he knocked me over.

“Eh~!” He quickly grabs my hand and pulls me towards him.

My head bump into his chest.

“Be careful” he said as I look up at him.

“You be careful!” I said and stomp on his foot. He immediately let me go and I ran off.

Such bad luck today! I think I’ll just stay home tomorrow. I also hope to never see that crazy dude again. Indicating Aaron.

 

 

 

 

****

UPDATED!

Sorry guys still no guihu moments. 

For the next chapter I'll make sure that George stop hiding and show up.