Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

 

 

-Two weeks later-

I look at myself in the mirror. It took me about one and a half weeks to get over the fact that I was rejected. 

'Yes, just like Xiao Xun said, I mustn't lose my confidence. Just because I was rejected doesn't mean that I should give up. If we were meant to be by fate then he will definitely like me in the end right? But..but when will it be the end?'

I shook my head and I smile at my reflection before leaving my house.

“And now I would like to congrats all the 2012 graduates” said the principal.

We all cheered as our last year in high school is finally finished.

Everyone then scattered to find friends and family.

“Gui Gui! I’m going to miss you!” Ya Tou said with teary eyes as she hugs me.

She ended up going to a college in the south with Wang Zi.

“I will miss you as well” I told her.

“Good luck next year” Wang Zi smile at me.

“That's my line” I smile back.

“Gui Gui!” I heard my mother's voice.

I turn around and saw my parents with Aaron.

“Congratulation” Aaron said as he hands Ya Tou and I a bouquet of flowers.

My mother hand Wang Zi one.

We took them and thanked him.

“Why don't we take some pictures” my father suggested as he got ready to take some pictures.

I took the first picture with Ya Tou and Wang Zi. Then with Aaron, followed by my parents. We took nice ones, and goofy ones as well.

 

~

“Gambei! (Cheers!)”

“You guys shouldn't drink so much” Aaron told us.

“I know. And who are you? That's right! Just Aaron, so don't talk to us like you're our baby-sister” I told him.

“I'm just saying.”

We all ate and all ended up going to the karaoke after wards. And let me tall ya, yes, it's so much more fun that there's a lot more people.

- - - - - -

“Gui Gui” Aaron tapped my shoulders.

We took a taxi home and got dropped off by the bus at the bottom of the hill near my house.

“We're here” he said trying to wake me up.

I open my eyes and slowly got out of the taxi with Aaron's help.

Aaron closed the door while trying to hold me straight.

“Bye-Bye!” I waved to the taxi as it drove off.

“You drank too much” Aaron said as he held me up by holding my shoulders.

“W-wat are you talking about?” I slur the words out.

“Can you walk?”

“Of course!” I took a step and fell down.

Jeeze I can't even walk straight, my legs feels so weak.

“Hahaha! Just kidding!” I laugh at Aaron.

“I told you to not drink so much” he said a little mad now. He got down in front of me and pulled me up onto his back.

“I'm o~Kay!” I wiggle my feet trying to get off.

“Stay still or else I’m going to drop you right here” he warns me.

“Hehe okay” I laugh and laid my head against his.

“Aaron...” I said as I closed my eyes.

“What?”

“Where are you...taking me?”

“I'm taking you home.”

“H-home?!” I lift up my head. “Nonononono! I don't want to go home!” I said and started to wiggle my legs to get free again.

“Why?” he ask trying to keep me on his back.

“Aaron!” I smack his shoulder with one hand as the other covers my mouth.

Aaron looks over his shoulder in pain and saw my pale expression. He quickly set me down and I ran towards a light pole and threw up.

“So much better” I turn around and smile at Aaron. I closed my eyes and lean against the pole. I slowly move down until my touches the cement.

“Gui Gui” Aaron ask as he came and squat in front of me.

But there was no reply.

- - - - - -

Where am I? I could hear people crying and Buddhas chanting. I open my eyes and saw myself surrounded by people dressed in black. 

I too was dress in black.  Am I attending a...funeral? Suddenly I could hear a familiar crying voice from a distance. Xiao..Xiao Xun? I slowly walk towards a room. Each step I took made my heart felt heavier and heavier.

Oh My~ I cover my mouth with my trembling hands as soon as I saw who's funeral I was attending. I drop to the ground in tears.

Suddenly I felt someone's hand touched my head.

I look up trying to control my unstoppable tears.

He smiled at me.

I was so shocked to see him that I couldn't say out a wordt.

“Don't cry” he said with that soft smile of his. “Don't cry” he said again as he embraces me in his arms. “Don't cry” he said once more and disappears into the thin air.

“Don't Go!” I finally spoke. But it was too late, he was already gone.

- - - - -

“Gui Gui” Aaron rushed into the guess room after a maid report to Aaron about my condition.

“Gui Gui” he called again.

I shot my eyes open and sat up with my face drenched in tears. I look at Aaron and immediately hugs him continue my cry from the nightmare.

Aaron quietly signal the maid to leave and she did.

“Gui Gui” Aaron softly as he pats my back.

~

“I'm sorry” I said after finally calming myself down. We were both still in the guest room on the bed but now sitting separately.

“It's okay, it's not the first time I saw you like this” he trying to make me feel more comfortable.

“Right” I recall the first time it happened.

“Will you tell me now? The thing that you couldn't tell me before?” he ask me.

I look away from him.

“I don't know how to tell you this” I said honestly. “Will you believe me?” I ask as I turn back to look at him.

“When do I not believe you?”

After looking at him a for a long time I took a deep breath.

“Will you believe me if I tell you that George...and my fate is one?”

Aaron became very quiet after what I told him. It seem like he didn't believe it, and I can totally understand.

"When he's in pain, I can also feel his pain" I try to explain this fate thing better, but it didn't look like it was helping.

I smile, “But it's okay if you don't believe me, I didn't expect you to anyways,” I said softly.

“I didn't say that I don't believe you” Aaron said after hearing what I said.

“You don't have to say it” I replied. This time, just by reading his expression I could tell that he didn't believe me. 

I look away and saw my phone on the table next to the bed. It flashed from receiving a message.

“OMG! It's already noon! My mom is so going to kill me!” I said as I quickly jump off the bed.

Just before I could run off I felt Aaron grab onto my hand.

“What?!” I turn around to ask him.

He began to laugh as soon as he look at me.

“So down there would ya, I called your mom yesterday and told her you fell asleep while partying at my house, so you'll be okay.”

I let out a sigh of relief, “Why didn't you tell me?”

“I...just did” he smile.

“Right. Sorry” I replied embarrassed. “Well then, since I’m up I better go.”

“You're going home like that?”

“Like wha-”

OMG! What happened last night? I was so not in my clothes that I wore yesterday. I slowly look up to Aaron.

“I didn't do anything, and I let the maids change you. I’m not that cheap to take advantage of you while you're dunk and out. And there's nothing to take advantage of anyways” he mumbled the last part.

But I was sure I clearly heard it.

Ouch! Even if he was just teasing me, it hurts to hear him say that.

“Good, I don't want someone like you to take advantage of me anyways” I brush it off like it was nothing. “Will you let go of my hand now so that I can go get change?” I glare at him.

“Oh~” he said and lets go of my hand that he held for like forever. “Sorry.”

“Hmph~ and you were saying there's nothing to take advantage of” I said to myself as I walk away.

- - - - -

After I got change I got out of the room I went downstairs and found Aaron in the living room watching news.

“Let's go eat” he said as soon as I sat down, but his eyes were glued to the TV.

“What?~”

He turned off the TV and pulled me into the dinning room.

~

After lunch Aaron insist on walking me home. But he was very quiet.

“What?” he finally spoke. “Is there something on my face or something?” he ask as I kept on glancing at him.

“No,” I told him.

After that much talking the walk was quiet again.

“We're here” Aaron said as he stops in front of my house.

“I will be going then, tell your parents I said hi” he said and turns around.

I quickly pulled the back of his shirt to stop him.

He turn his head back. “Did you forget something?”

“Yes I did” I said as I look at him. “I forgot to say thank you” I said as I slowly lets go of his shirt.

He smile and pats my head. Just like that he left with a smile on his face. 

 

 

 

 

****

UPDATE!