Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

 

 

I think this is what they call going through time, I could feel myself going through a white tunnel at the speed of light. When I was getting near the other end, a white bright light shines through. I cover my eyes with my hands and before I knew it I felt my feet landed on hard ground.

“Again!” a male's voice yelled.

I open my eyes and saw a bunch of foreign nurse and a foreign doctor trying to save a patient. I slowly move my way around to get a better view and was shocked to see the person who they were trying to save.

“George...” his name slip through my mouth while tears immediately roll down my face. W-Why am I crying? I wipe my tears away yet it won't stop coming.

Beepbeep. Beepbeep. Beepbeep.

“His heartbeat's back on” the nurse monitoring his heart told the rest.

I felt my heart lifted upon hearing that, and my tears seem to have stop dropping as well.

After adjusting his monitoring stuff they left the room. I slowly make my way to the side of his bed and sat on the empty chair beside his bed. I look at his colorless face. My hand uncontrollably reached for his face.

“Why are you here? Why are you hurt? Why...are you like this?” I ask him softly.  “Please be okay.”

My hand reach for his hand and held it firmly. I lift his hand and place the back of his hand against my cheek. I closed my eyes and felt his hand disappear.

When I open my eyes again all I could see was darkness, and all I could hear were gun shots. I cover my eyes and got down low in fear.

Suddenly I felt two big arm wrapped around me. They felt familiar, yet they weren't George’s.

“Don't be afraid, because I’m here next to you.”

It wasn't George’s voice either. I open my eyes and step back from that person's arm. He smiled at me assuring me that I’m safe.

“A~Aaron?”

I grab onto my chest as it began to feel weird. It wasn't in pain, my heart felt...confused. I turn away wondering why Aaron was here, but to my surprise George was standing on the other side of me.

He saw the whole thing....he's going to misunderstand.

I turn back to look at Aaron and he was still smiling at me. I quickly turn back to look at George.

“No, it's just a misunders-”

He turn his back on me before I could explain.

I felt Aaron grab onto my wrist.

“Aaron let go” I said trying to pull my hand away, yet still have my eyes on George.

“Don't go” I heard him say. I turn around and saw tears running down his face. “Don't go...” he repeats.

“No...Don't do this to me” I told him as I continue to pull my arm. “Please~” 

~

“Gui Gui” my mother shook me.

“Please~” I mumbled.

“Gui Gui?!” she shook me harder.

I open my eyes and saw her looking at me with a worried face.

“We're home” she told me.

“O-Oh~” I quickly got up and went into the house before she could ask me anything else.

~

I fell onto my bed and thought about the dream I just had.

'Why was Aaron holding me back? But, why was he in my dream in the first place?'

- - - - - -

The weekend finally came. Ya Tou and I met up to hangout. She took me to the places she like most and did many sight seeing.

“Ya Tou” I called her name as we were walking pass a temple. “I want to go in” I said as there was this urge telling me to stop walking and go in.

“Okay,” she smile and followed me in.

“Wow, there's so many people coming here to pray today” Ya Tou said surprised to see how many people were inside.

I smile at her and continue to walk in. We walk up to the center Buddha and prayed before leaving.

“This is my next favorite place” she said as we walk towards a road with many stalls.

“What is this place?”

“It's a fortune telling road, these people are fortune tellers, but” she leans over “You've got to be careful, some are just ripping you off.”

I look around at the stalls as we walk through the road. As we get nearer and nearer to the center, a familiar stall with a  familiar figure caught my attention.

I walk towards her as Ya Tou follows me.

“Welcome,” the familiar fortune teller said to me with that same creepy smile.

“It's you” I said surprise to see her there.

“I told you didn't I? We will meet again. Have a seat” she offered.

“Gui Gui you know her? Why didn't you say so?” Ya Tou said and sat down. “Hi, I’m Ya Tou, Gui Gui's friend, after reading Gui Gui's fortune, can you read mine as well?”

Her gaze moved away from me to Ya Tou.

“Aren't you a sweet one? Why don't we start with you first?”

“Really? Gui Gui is it okay?” Ya Tou turns around to look at me.

“S-Sure.”

“Great!” Ya Tou turns back around ready to begin her readings.

After watching the creepy lady shuffle her cards I watch Ya Tou pick her cards carefully.

The crazy lady took at glance at the cards then put her gaze onto Ya Tou.

“You have a boyfriend don't you?”

“Yes, I do” Ya Tou replied surprised.

“And that boyfriend loves you very much.”

“I believe so too.”

“But it seems like you two are arguing at the time.”

“Y-Yes,” she replied with 100% of her attention on the lady now.

The lady showed her creepy smile again. 

“He seem to be giving in soon, since he knows he's wrong in this argument, and as long as you stick with him, you will be a very happy girl.”

“Really? Thank you so much!” Ya Tou quickly got up and ushers me to sit down.

“Ah~ Gui Gui,” Ya Tou suddenly held her stomach. “I suddenly need to use the restroom” she looks around for the nearest one. “I'll be right back, don't move” she said quickly and ran off.

“You made her go didn't you?” I ask the crazy lady.

“You didn't want her to stick around” she said reading my thoughts.

“...”

“Do you believe me now?”

“About what?”

“You and George’s fate.”

“...I can't say that I don't, but I haven't believe you 100% yet either.”

“I know. So what else would you like to know?”

“Why do I have to say it? You can just read it off my mind.”

She smile, “You and George’s fate are meant to cross, but after they cross, which is the point of meeting each other, your fates then lies within you hands. You two can change your fates, BUT, but there's one thing that you can not change.”

“What is that one thing?”

“Sacrifices.”

I shiver just hearing that word.

“What do you mean?”

“That is for you to find out,” she showed me her creepy smile again.

“Gui Gui!” I heard Ya Tou call my name. I turn to look and saw her running toward us. “Eh? Gui Gui where did the lady go?”

“The lady? She's-” I turn back around and found myself alone at the table. I felt goosebumps going down my back. “She...left?”

“Aw~ so soon, I wanted to ask her something else, but I guess I’ll have to come another day and ask. So what did she said about you?”

I got up. “Not much” I said and started to walk away.

“Come on, tell me” Ya Tou continues to bug me to tell her.

“So where else are we going?” I change the topic.

“Right! This way” she said forgetting about the first topic already.

I smile and followed her.

After wondering around Taipei for so long it was getting dark so we began to head home. But while we were walking towards the nearest bus stop we came across an elegant club. Amazed by how nice the club looks I stare at it for a bit. My eyes slowly moves from the name sign to the entrance. I slowly stop walking as I saw that crazy, stalker guy, walking out of the club with a beautiful lady.

“Gui Gui?” Ya Tou called my name.

“Yes?” I said still have my eyes glued on him.

Ya Tou turn to look at what I was looking at.

“You know them?”

He turned and saw me. Our eyes met.

'How unlucky, I met him in my dreams and now in reality as well?'

“No, I don't” I said and started to walk again. “I just thought the club was nice.”

“Oh~” Ya Tou followed me and giggled. “I think so too.”

As we waited for the bus at the bus stop a red Lexus pulled up and started beeping at us, the people waiting for the bus.

I look up and saw that crazy, stalker guy, Aaron. He smile at me and stopped beeping once our eyes met, but I instantly look away as if I didn't see him.

He then continues to beep again.

“Who's ride is that?!” people started to complain.

Without a respond Aaron beeps longer.

“Sir! Can you stop beeping?!” an angry middle age man yell at Aaron.

“I will, as soon as my girlfriend gets in the car” he told the middle age man.

“Who's your girlfriend?”

“You see that girl? That girl right there, the one sitting on the last chair to the right here.”

The middle age man turns around and look at who his girlfriend could be.

I suddenly felt Ya Tou elbowing me.

I turn to look at her and saw everyone looking at me.

“What's wrong?” I lean over and ask her.

“What do you mean what's wrong? Why didn't you tell me that guy earlier was your boyfriend? He's here to pick you up, and it seems like he won't leave until you get in” she explains to me.

'What?! GIRLFRIEND?!' I look at the people than to Aaron. He gave me a great big smile.

“I don't know him” I said loudly.

“Miss, if you two had a fight please go talk somewhere together. The bus will be coming soon, but the bus won't stop once it sees a car parked here, and we're all tired and ready to go home,” the middle age man said to me.

“Hurry” Aaron yells from the car.

“Go,” Ya Tou ushers me as well.

“He's not my boyfriend so let's go together” I said to Ya Tou.

“Weather he is or is not, you guys still know each other don't you? And I don't want to be the third wheel, I can also go home by myself so don't worry.”

Aaron continues to start beeping again.

“Okay,” I hesitated to agree. “You be careful, and give me a call once you've reached home.”

“Okay.”

I got up and went into Aaron's car. I open the door but turned around to apologizes to everyone before getting in.

“Please put on your seat belt” he said happily and drove off.

“Why are you stalking me?” I ask pissed. It was the most embarrassing thing that had ever happen to me.

“I wasn't, I was just passing by.”

“Then couldn't you just pass by QUIETLY?”

“No, because it's this late already, it's unsafe for a high schooler like you to go home by yourself.”

“For your information, I wasn't going home BY MYSELF, and I think I would be so much safer if I’m not with you.”

“Why? You don't trust me?”

“Of course I don't.”

“Is it because of what you saw earlier?” he said indicating me seeing him with that one girl at the club.

“No, just a feeling, and how could you lie to everyone that I’m your girlfriend? Now my friend is going to misunderstand.”

“Then don't make her misunderstand.”

“How can I do that? She and everyone there have already misunderstand our relationship.”

“How you can do that, is by really be my girlfriend.”

“Ha! I don't want to.”

“Right, I forgot you have someone you like.”

“That's right!” I said and look out the window.

“You like George don't you?”

I quickly turn to him, “How did you know?”

“How can I not? You're the kind of person who shows whatever you think on your face.”

I quickly cover my face with my hands.

“So you've been reading my expressions this whole time?”

“Of course, you think I can read mind or something?” he laughs.

“I did for a long time...so you're not crazy....just a stalker” I said the last two parts to myself.

“What?”

“I said do you even know where I live?”

“No.”

“Then where have you been driving?”

“Straight.”

I look out the window, “Are we lost?”

Aaron burst out laughing.

“Hey! It's not funny you know, my parents will get worried if I return home late.”

“Just tell me where you live and I can drop you off at there.”

“Right, I live-” I paused. “Wait, why would I want someone like you to know where I live?”

“You would want someone like me to know where you live so that this someone could send you home. Didn't you say that your parents will get worried if you go home late? It's getting late you know. The sooner you tell me the sooner I can take you home. And it's much faster if I take you home than dropping you off somewhere on the road here and then wait to take a taxi home. In this area there's not much taxi that comes by at this time, so it'll be really late when you get home.”

'Oh~! Darn it! He's right!' I thought after looking around.

“I live by...”

Aaron turns the car around and head towards my house.

“Do you want me to help you get into our school?” Aaron ask after a long silence. And yes it was surprising, it was the first silence that we've ever had when we're together.

“Will you do that?!” I look at him excited just thinking about getting into that school.

“Of course.” 

“But...why do you want to help me?”

“Because~....Because I want you to attend school with me.”

“Why?”

“Because I just want to.”

I look away, “I'll think about this.”

“Why? Can't you just decide now?”

“I can't, I smell something coming up your selves.”

Aaron laughs, “Why can't you just believe me? I’m really a good person.”

“I don't know about that~” I said and look out the window.

I could feel Aaron's eyes on me once in a while as he drove me home, but I didn't care, okay well I did, but I didn't want to argue with him, so I let it go this time.

~

“Here, it's here” I said as I point to my house.

“Wow, you live here?” Aaron ask surprised.

“Yeah! You got a problem with that?” I said as I unseat belt myself.

“No, I was just saying” he said with a smile.

I quickly got out of the car and went around the front.

“Good night” Aaron said after rolling down his window. I stop walking and turn around.

“Hey....T-Thanks” I said still not use to thanking him.

“No problem. Get inside.”

I turn around and walk into the house. After entering the house he drove off.

“Gui Gui, who was that?” my mother ask.

“Aaron.”

“Aaron? Really? Why didn't you ask him to come inside? And I thought you left with a girl friend, why did you come back with a boy?”

“I bumped into Aaron on the way home and he offered me a ride, that's all” I said hoping that she wouldn't ask any more questions.

“I see, he's such a sweet boy.”

“...I will be heading up stairs now.”

“Did you have dinner yet?”

“Yes, I did,” I replied on my way up.

Just as I reached my room my phone ranged.

“Hello?”

“Gui Gui, I got home safely!” Ya Tou said in an excited tone.

“That's great.”

“Isn't it? But tell me, who's that guy?”

“A regular customer from my mother's cafe.”

“Really? He's so handsome, lucky you! Oh! Why did you never told me that you got a boyfriend?”

“He's not my boyfriend” I said as I drop my things into my room and walk to my study room.

“But, he said that you're his girlfriend, so that makes him your boyfriend. Doesn't it?”

“It does if we were really dating, but we are just....” I can't even think of a word to describe us. “Just...friends? Something like that” I said not wanting to tell her that.

“I see, so it was a friend joke thing.”

“Exactly! I’m glad you understand.”

“Yeah~ I’m glad I cleared it up too. Well, you must be tired from the long day, so I’ll let you get some rest now.”

“Okay, bye-bye.”

“Bye.”

I set my phone on my desk and look at the notes I took to get into that college.

“Aaron feels so...mysterious” I said as the thoughts of him came into my mind. “But..me and him friends?”

'Wait! Why am I even thinking about him at this time?'

I shook my head and got into studying.

- - - - - -

“Good mor-” I suddenly stopped. I shook my head and tried to look straight again.

'OMG!'

I rubbed my eyes and even pinched myself.

'Ouch! That hurts! Okay calm down Gui Gui...let's try this again.'

I shut my eyes tightly and opened them. I look at the sofa and found it emptied. I let out a relief sigh.

'I think I need to go see a doctor. I’m thinking too much about Aaron, I’m even starting to see him in my house. And that's...yeah pretty creepy.'

“What are you doing?” he ask right in front of my face as I turned to go into the kitchen.

“AHHH~!” I head his head from being frightened and moved back while I hear him moan from the head pain.

“What are you doing here in MY HOUSE?!” I asked shocked to see him here so early in the morning.

“Ah~” he rubs his head. “That hurts! What was that for?”

“You- you scared me. Anyways, why are you here?” I ask again. “I knew! I shouldn't have told you where I live,” I gave him the eagle eyes. “You stalker.”

“Gui Gui what are you saying? I invited him over” my mother said as she came into the living room after hearing our commotions.

“Why?” I ask shocked. I really couldn't believe it, my mother and Aaron seems to REALLY have become best friends.

“Let's talk after breakfast, and don't be rude to my guess” she said and turn to Aaron with a smiling face. “Would you like to have breakfast with us?”

“Sure, I’d love to” Aaron said while still rubbing his head.

“Let me see” my mom said and moved Aaron's hand from his head. “We should also get an ice pack for that too, this way” she told Aaron and leads the way.

Aaron followed her and turns around to smile at me.

'Why is he here? Gosh~! I don't have a good feeling about this.' I followed them to the kitchen to have breakfast as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

****

UPDATED!

Srry, i feel like i've disappointed u guys in this chapter again. b/c still no guihu. 

still i hope u guys like this chapter. =D and i will add lots of guihu scenes in the future. promise.