Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

-Back to Gui Gui’s POV-

I was discharged from the hospital a few days later, but stayed home until I was fully recovered.
While staying at home I prohibited all my visitors except Xiao Xun who brought me my homework.

-One month later-

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Xiao Xun asked still worried about my health.

“Of course I’m sure, if I’m not then I would have never come back to school,” I told her.

“Okay, but if you don’t feel good immediately let me know.”

“Got it,” I reply with a smile as I adjust my hood over my head.

“Gui Gui” I heard Aaron called my name.

We stopped walking. I slowly turn my head towards the front where we saw Aaron standing before us.

“Just ignore him,” said Xiao Xun.

“No, if I keep ignoring him he’ll just keep bothering me,” I told her as I calmed myself down.

I look at Aaron as he walks towards us.

“Can I help you?” I ask Aaron.

“You…you cut your hair,” he said seeing my short hair from under my hoodie.

Yes, I cut my hair. My hair is now at the length of my shoulders.

“Yes I did,” I pull my hood off. “What do you need?” I said getting to the point.

“I need some of your time. I have to tell you something.”

“What is it?”

He glanced at Xiao Xun.

“Just you and me, I want to tell you something, alone.”

“Then I’m sorry but I’ve got no time,” I said and walked around him.

“After school today, I’ll wait for you at the front gate,” Aaron said quickly.

I stopped walking and turn around to look at him. “Don’t waste your time, I won’t come,” I told him before heading to class with Xiao Xun.

“I’ll wait! I’ll wait until you come!” he yells after us.

“What’s wrong with him?” Xiao Xun said as we walked away.

“Who knows.”

~After school~

“Are we leaving from the back gate today?” Xiao Xun ask me ask we pack our things to leave for the end of the day.

“Yeah~” I replied.

“So, you’re really not going to go see him?”

“No, do you want to go?”

“What? Me? Going to see him instead of you?”

“Yeap,” I reply with a smile.

“Well…I kind of do…but can I really?” she looks at me unsure.

“Of course, he’s all yours” I smile at her.

~

“Kem” Xiao Xun clears when she arrived at the gate to get Aaron’s attention. Aaron turns around with a big smile but it immediately disappears as soon as he saw Xiao Xun’s face.

“Hi Xiao Xun,” he said a bit disappointed. “Gui Gui didn’t come with you?” he asks as he looks around for me.

Seeing his expressions made Xiao Xun felt disappointed and regretful.

“Yes, she didn’t come,” Xiao Xun said irritated. “I’m here as her messenger, tell me what you were going to tell her to me, and I’ll send your message to her for you.”

“Sorry, but this is a message that cannot be sent by a messenger.”

“Why not?”

“Sorry” was all he said.

“So, you’re going to continue to wait?” Xiao Xun asks him.

“Yeah.”

“Well, do whatever you want, but she already left from the back gates, so she won’t be coming,” Xiao Xun said before leaving.

~

“Are you going to Prince George’s house later?”

“He hasn’t been here for a while now, so I really want to, but I heard he doesn’t like uninvited visitors,” I heard some girls who were walking by said as I was on my way out of the school.

“Gui Gui,” I heard a teacher called my name.

“Yes lao shi,” I said.

“How are you feeling? I heard you were sick and stayed at home for a month. It must have been something very serious, are you feeling better now?”

“It’s not something very serious, I’m fine now, thank you.”

“I’m glad,” she smile at me. “Can you follow me to my office? I have a favor I want to ask you to do for me.”

“Okay,” I said and follow her.

Once we reached her office she gave me a folder.

“Can you drop these off at George’s house? I heard you two were pretty close.”

“We’re not that close.”

“Oh really? Well since I’ve already gave them to you can’t you do me this favor?”

“Um…Well…I…”

“I asked Aaron to stop by and drop this off, but he said he’s too busy to do it. Can’t you please do this favor for me?”

“A…alright.”

“Great, thank you,” she gave me a smile.

I took the folder from her hands and left her office. At the front of the envelope there was a paper that has George’s address on it. I took a glance at it before heading to the address written on the paper.

I arrived at the gates of George’s mansion 30 minutes later after I left the school.

I walk up to the gates and look at the big mansion. I took a deep breath, my heart was beating like crazy and I was really nervous. After taking the deep breath I ringed the doorbell.

“Who is it?” I heard a lady ask me.

“Um…I’m George’s classmate, I came by to drop off his missed homework assignments,” I replied.

“Okay, come on in and closed the gates behind you please,” the lady said and opens the door gate.

“Thank you,” I replied before walking through the door. I walk in and closed the door behind me as I was instructed to.

“Hello, my name is Ying Jie, I’m one of George’s classmates,” I told the maid who let me in.

“Welcome, welcome, go have a seat, would you like something to drink?” the maid offered me just as I walked into the house. 

“Ah~ no thank you, I don’t plan on a long stay, I’m just here to give George this,” I held up the folder to show the maid.

“I see, well Young Master is in his room, he said that you can just leave the folder with me, and I’ll pass it to him,” she said to me.
“Really? Then I’ll leave this to you” I said and handed her the folder. “Thank you. I’ll take my leave now,” I said and walks out of the house.

Just as I walk out of the gates my phone ranged.

“Hey Gui Gui, where are you?” Xiao Xun asked me.

“Me? Why?”

“I met Aaron, but he didn’t seem to be happy to see me, and I think he’s really going to stay until you come back to school and meet him,” Xiao Xun said in a worried tone.

“Don’t worry, he won’t, he’s not that kind of guy. Then see you tomorrow,” I told her and hung up.

I turn back around to take another look at the Hu mansion before leaving.

~

‘I wonder why George stopped going to school’ I thought as I lay on my bed in the dark night. ‘Maybe because of Kimi…’

I turn to the other side of the bed and closed my eyes trying to fall asleep, but for some reason that night I couldn’t fall asleep at all.

~

“You really didn’t come yesterday,” I heard Aaron’s voice said as I walk into the school.

I stop and turned to the side. I saw him leaning against the wall on his back. He was still in his clothes from yesterday.

‘Don’t tell me…he waited all night…’ I thought feeling a bit guilty.

He turns to look at me.

“You really didn’t come,” he repeated.

His face didn’t look good.

“I told you I won’t come,” I said trying to push my guilt back by comforting me that it wasn’t my fault he stayed here all night.

“You really hate me?” he asks.

“Maybe I do,” I replied and look away. “You should go home, you don’t look too well,” I said before walking away.

“I will wait here every day for you until you are willing to meet me!” he yells after me.

‘What’s wrong with him? Has he gone crazy too?’ I wonder to myself.

Like yesterday I left from the back gates again. And like yesterday I was told to drop off the homework assignments that George missed and collect the ones that he had finished.

“You’re here again,” the maid said to me.

“Yes, is George home? I came to drop these off again” I told her and showed her the folder that’s in my hand. “And I also came to collect the assignments that he had finished,” I told her.

“Young Master is in his room…but…do you mind going up to his room instead? I have to return to the kitchen,” the maid said to me.

“Oh~ I don’t mind,” my mouth immediately let the words out.

“Thank you, his room is up the stairs and the last room on the left hall.”

“Ah~ okay” I said and headed up the stairs.

As I walk and got closer to George’s room my heart started to beat faster.

I stopped in front of his room and took a deep breath before knocking.  

I knocked on the door twice and waited but there was no reply so I knocked again, but still there was no reply.

“George?” I said and slowly open the door.

 

 

 

****

UPDATED!

 

Sorry AGAIN for never updating. I guess school kind of dominates this semester. =D 

And I wanted to make the chapters longer, so it took longer to update. 

Anyways, I've got some news and that is....

I will be away for some time (even if I don't tell you guys, It'll feel very normal cause I rarely update these days, but I still wanted to let you guys know) so I'll try to update another chapter or two before I leave.

Thank you all!