Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

 

“Thanks for waking me up” I said to the two guys who were shocked to see me. “So I can hear the words of truth. I’m glad to hear how you two really felt about me. If I didn’t, I think I would have been a laughing stock my whole life” I said on the verge of crying.

“I will no longer bother the either of you. Thanks for all this time, and take care,” I said and marched out of the room going between them still in my PJ’s.

Aaron quickly grabs her arm to stop her. “You’re still not well.”

“Please…please don’t touch me” I said in a very cold tone.

Aaron lets go of me and I continue to walk towards the exit.

“Gui Gui!” I heard Aaron called my name, but I didn’t dare to look back. I covered my ears and ran as fast as I could out from the house.

~

-Two weeks later-

“Xiao Xun!”

Xiao Xun turns around and saw Aaron standing before her breathless. But as soon as she saw him she turns around and walks away.

“Wait” Aaron said and quickly ran to block her.

“What do you want?” Xiao Xun asks him with an angry tone.

Aaron looks down thinking of what to say first.

“I’m very busy you know” she said and walks around Aaron.

“Wait” he said and blocks her again.

“WHAT?!” she yells at him, making students around them look at them.

“I’m…sorry. But where’s Gui Gui? I haven’t seen her for the past few days.”

“What? Now you’re asking about Gui Gui like you’re all worried,” she said and laughs. “You know, you don’t even have the right to ask where she is, and can’t you tell? She obviously doesn’t want to see you so she’s not going to come to school for a long time.”

“I know… I know that I don’t have the right to ask where she is, and that she doesn’t want to see me, but I just want to know how’s she’s doing, and I have her things to return to her.”

“If you do, then it’s good, and her things give them to me, I’ll return them” Xiao Xun said as she stuck out her hand at him.

“No, I’ll give them to her myself.”

“Fine, as you wish” she said simply and walks around him again.

“Where is she?” Aaron asks as he turns around.

Xiao Xun ignores him and continues to walk.

~

“Thank you” I said as I walk out of my doctor’s office.

Yes, I’m currently in the hospital, and it’s a long story how I got here.

I slowly walk towards my room pulling my fluid stand with me, but on my way back I saw someone unexpected walking through the front entrance breathlessly.

I quickly hide behind a wall and I peek from behind it.

‘George? Why is he here? Is he here to see me? How does he know I’m here?’  Questions blew through my mind.

He quickly looks around. He looked like he was in a hurry.

‘Where is he going?’ I wonder as he hurried towards the garden. ‘The hospital garden? So, if he’s not here to see me, then who?’

Full with curiosity I quickly followed him being careful to not be seen at the same time.

He quickly walks into the hospital’s garden and went looking around.

My eyes widen as soon as he a girl around and hugs her. I quickly hide behind a plant and peeked at them. I know I know, it’s a very bad manner, but my curiosity was killing me.

“Rong Rong” I heard George said.

Hearing the name, I shockingly turn my back towards them.

After sitting in the garden for hours George and Kimi finally left. As they walk passed me I turn away using my hair to cover my face. As expected, George didn’t even notice me. While I was here, I heard every word they said. Thirty minutes after they left, I finally head up to my room.

Knock Knock

“Gui Gui,” Xiao Xun said as she pops her head into the room.

“Hi,” I said as soon as I saw Xiao Xun.

“How are you feeling today?” she ask me as she walks into my room.

“Better, oh the doctor said that I can get my stitches out tomorrow” I told her.

“That’s great!” Xiao Xun said as she sat down next to my bed.  “Gui Gui, you probably don’t want to know, but I’ll tell you anyways.”

“What is it?” I ask curious.

“Today, Aaron asked where you were, but I didn’t tell him of course, he doesn’t deserve to know where you are, that little, ugly, stalker guy.”

Hearing her curse him like a child made me laugh.

She looks at me and smile.

“Well I brought today’s homework” she said and took out some notes.

“Thank you” I told her as I took them from her.

“No problem, this is what friends are for.”

I smile at her and turn my eyes to my notes, “Xiao Xun,” I said suddenly.

“Yes? Is there something you don’t get?” she asks indicating the notes.

“No, but, I want you to be honest with me.”

“Okay, what is it?”

“Do you like Aaron?”

“What?” she said from the unexpected question.

“Do you like Aaron?” I repeated my question.

“Why did you suddenly ask?” she asks back uneasily.

“If you like him, you don’t have to keep away from him because of me.”

“I know, but…I’m mad at him too, how can he play with you like this? And do you think that I’ll be considered as a good friend if I don’t stay by your side when you’re hurt?”

I look at her and smiled. “Thank you.”

~

Xiao Xun stayed for hours with me before she went home. That night, I couldn’t sleep at all. Instead I cried my eyes out.

“What happened?” my doctor asked me when I went into his office to take out my stitches. He must have saw my puffed up and blood shot red eyes.

“Doctor…” I said as he got his gloves on.

“Yes?” he asks.

“Since you’re a doctor, can’t you fix my heart for me? No, can’t you prescribe a pill that will make me forget?”

He grabbed the tools that he needed and sat back down in front of me.

“What’s been bothering you?” he asks as he took a look at my stitches.

“I…I think I’m love sick,” I said as I look at him with teary eyes. “How do I cure it?”

“Love sick,” he said as he takes out the first few stitches. “Can only be cure by love.”

“There are no other options?”

“There is, and that is time, but it has to be lots and lots of time.”

“Lots and lots of time…?”

~

‘Eh? Isn’t that Kimi?’ I wonder as I saw her sitting by one of the windows looking out, while on the phone. She had a face mask on, but I could clearly tell that it was her.

With my ‘got to know it’ curiosity I walk over and quietly sat down a few seats down from her. I plug in my headphones and look out the window as well. I noticed her turned towards me before looking away again.

“I know, I want to see you too,” she said and smiled widely. “Me? Where else would I be if I’m not in the hospital?” she asks confused.

“Nothing,” a guy said as he came and sat down behind Kimi.

“Eh? How come it sounds like I can hear you right next to me?” she asks.

“That’s because I’m right behind you, but don’t turn around” he said quickly stopping her from being overly excited.

“Awww, but I want to see you” she wines.

“You will, don’t you get discharge tomorrow?” he asks.

“Yes, I get discharge tomorrow, why?” she asked as she slightly turns to the side. “Did you have something in mind?”

“Shall we go watch a movie then have dinner?”

“Movie and dinner?” she said with a big smile on her face. “Sound perfect.”

“Then I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 5, that is if you don’t have a schedule or plans.”

“Of course I don’t, you know I always have time for you” she said.

“I know,” he smiled. “Then, see you tomorrow.”

“See you tomorrow” she replies.

“Love you.”

“Me too.”

He closed his phone and got up as a guy walked towards him.

“Are you feeling better?” the guy Kimi was talking to ask the other guy.

The other guy nods and they walk towards the elevator.

Kimi got up shortly after and returned to her room.

I sat in my seat motionless, I couldn’t believe my ears. Kimi and the other guy who sat behind her were clearly talking to each other, and the third guy was a cover up for them. To see Kimi betray George like this made my heart ache much more. I slowly got up and returned to my room. Sitting quietly in my room more tears came out.

~

-Next Day-

Today is also my discharge day, but I didn’t leave until all the commotion about Kimi Ren’s discharge was all settled down, and all the reporters were gone. Kimi left around noon, so I left I few hours later.

“Are you all done?” my mother asks me as I got out of the bathroom after changing my clothes.

“Yes,” I told her and set my hospital clothes on the bed. My mother grabbed my things and we walk out of the room.

“Are you sure you didn’t forget anything?” she asks to make sure.

“Yes,” I replied. Although I had a strange feeling that I forgot something, at the same time I was pretty sure I didn’t forget anything. We walked out of the hospital and got in the car where my father was waiting.

“Are you feeling okay?” he asks me as soon as he saw me.

“Yes.

“If you feel unwell somewhere you have let us know.”

“Yes sir” I smile to assure them I was fine.

As we drive away from the hospital I was in deep thought thinking about what I forgot.

“It looks like it’s going to rain” my father said as he looks out the window, as we stop at a stop light.

“It does,” my mother agreed. “Let’s stop by the grocery store before we go home.”

I look at the sky and sigh quietly.

“Gui Gui, what do you want to eat for dinner tonight?” my mother asks.

“….”

“Gui Gui,” my mother calls my name.

“….”

“Ying Jie” my mother said as she turns around.

“Yes?” I ask.

“What are you thinking about?”

“Nothing, why?”

“I asked what you want for dinner.”

“You didn’t even have to ask me” I replied. “You know all my favorites.”

“Then favorites for tonight it is.”

We soon arrived at the market.

“Do you want to go in?” my parents ask me.

“No,” I told them.

“Okay, we’ll be right back, and go home for dinner” my mother said before closing the door.

Just when they went into the market, drops of rain began to hit the windows on the car. Looking out the window I saw advertisements about food.

‘Dinner!’ my eyes widen as I remembered what that something that I forgot was.

I quickly grabbed my jacket and the emergency umbrella in the car and ran out to catch the bus.

‘The day you get discharge, let’s go have dinner together' I recall what George said to Kimi that day. 

Kimi nods her head.

“Then I’ll pick you up at 5-“

“No, I’ll just meet you there…where are we eating?” Kimi asks.

“XX Restaurant, you know where it is right?”

“Of course, although it’s been awhile that was away, I still remember where everything is” she smiles.

I sat in the bus impatiently at the same time trying to calm myself down, but the rain got heavier as time went by.

After switching from one bus to another I finally reached the final stop. I quickly open my umbrella and got off. As soon as I got off I saw George drenched in front of the restaurant Kimi and he was going to meet. He was standing near the restaurant with his head down.

 

 

 

****

UPDATE!