Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

“Hello?!” Aaron came into my view.

I snap back into reality.

“Are you a stalker?” I ask him.

“What? Stalker?” he said and chuckles. “I should be asking YOU that.”

“Why? This is my shop, why are you here?”

“What? YOUR shop?”

“Well...it's my mom's but...same difference! Why are you here?”

“I'm a customer of course” he said. “And you see that” he steps aside and points to the college across from our cafe. “That's the school I’m attending” he said proudly. “So from now on I will be seeing you more often.”

“Why?!”

“Because I’ve decided that this will be my next favorite place to hangout” he said and walks into the cafe.

“W-What?!” I turn around eying him in, but I did not follow him.

“Hmph” I turn back around and saw George still standing there. Just by looking at him I felt my heart fluster. I suddenly became nervous.

He cross his arms and walk towards me. I slowly step aside and he walks in after Aaron giving me a cold shoulder.

“Hi there” I heard my mother said to the two guys. I sigh and slowly walk in.

“What would you two like?” she ask them.

They look at the menu for a while and finally gave her their orders.

“Gui Gui, quickly take these to them” my mother said after she finished making them.

“Why me?” I ask. I really, really didn't want to go near Aaron.

“Because the other workers are getting off work, now hurry” she said and turns away to clean.

I pick up the two drinks and head over to them.

“Enjoy” I smile trying to say as it kindly as possible.

“Thanks” Aaron said and took of sip of his. “Mmmm, delicious!” he said and took a big gulp.

I continue to smile and turn around to leave.

“Wait” Aaron said and grabs onto my hand.

I flinch as he pressed on my bruised.

I turn around and was ready to kick him, but remembered that George was beside him, so I continue to smile and gently pull my hand away from his.

“Yes?” I ask with my very fake smile.

“So, you're name is Gui Gui?” Aaron ask with a smile.

“You're really a stalker!” I said shocked.

“What stalker? I heard the boss call you that” he said indicating my mother.

“...Oh~...” I look away embarrassed. “Yes, that's my name” I said hiding my embarrassment. “Why?”

“It's cute.”

C-c-CUTE? Omg! I really wanted to turn away and puke, but I held it in.

“T-Thanks” I forced the word out of my mouth. “I will get going now” I said and quickly walk away before he could catch my hand again.

“It looks like this is not the first time you two met,” George said calmly after he took a sip of his drink.

“Of course not.”

“You like her?” George ask Aaron.

“Do I like her?” Aaron question himself as well. “She's cute and fun to tease.”

“So, you're just toying with her until you're bored?” George said straight out.

“Toying?” Aaron laughs. “That's such a harsh word to use with this innocent girl, but I can't deny it as well,” he said agreeing to what George said.

I could feel Aaron's eye's starring me down. I turn around and met his eyes. He smiled at me and I immediately turn back around to dry the cups.

“Sorry we stayed too long” Aaron apologize to my mom after we closed.

“No, no, don't worry about it, I welcome you two to come here again,” she told them.

“Really?! Then can I come here everyday?!” Aaron ask excited.

“Of course!”

I look at my mother. I can't believe she just told them that.

“Then, I will be coming here often.”

My mother laugh, “Then I will try to create more various drinks, for you to try.”

“Looking forward to it.”

I turn away feeling all gross again. And as I did my eyes met George’s. My heart immediately flustered again.

I smile at him, but he look away coldly.

...I gave him a first bad impression... I felt disappointed at myself.

I don't know why, but I continue to stare at him, although I knew that it's rude to do so. But being by him somehow makes my heart feels so relaxed.

What is this feeling? My heart suddenly began to beat faster, and I began to feel nervous again. I don't like this feeling, yet I don't hate it either.

George look back at me with cold eyes, “Stop starring at me” he said coldly as well. He then began to walk away.

“Sorry” I said and turn away. His cold words, seem to have hurt me deeply.

“Don't take it to heart” Aaron said as he walks up to me “He's always cold like this” Aaron said. “Well then have a good night, see you again soon” he said and pinched my cheeks.

“OWWWW!!!” I gave him an evil glare just as he lets go and ran after George. He turns back around to wave at me.

“He's a cute boy” I heard my mother said with a smile.

“I don't see anything cute about him” I said mad as I rub my cheeks.

Just as they disappear my father showed up, we locked up the cafe and went home.

On the drive home my mother told my father how the first day of opening the cafe went, and I, who's in the back, thought about what happened this evening.

- - - - -

Ahhhhh~! It's because of those weird dreams and those two idiots that I couldn't fall asleep last night! I complain to myself as I walk towards the school.

My eyes felt so heavy. I feel so tipsy as well. Throughout the whole day I tried my best to stay awake, but I failed half the time, luckily I didn't get caught. Haha!

Just as I got on the bus to head to the cafe I realized that I didn't see Wang Zi or his gang all day today. But my curiosity slowly drift from them to the thought of George.

I look out the window thinking about him. And as I do so my heart began to pick up it's pace. I don't even have to stand next to him and I’m already nervous from having thoughts of him. I shook my head trying to push those thoughts away, because I, myself started to feel like a creeper.

When I got to the cafe I stopped in the front and look to my right side where the college that only the rich or smart attends. A smile slowly crept up my lips from looking at the beautiful school. I sigh and turn away to get to work.

Just like yesterday at the same time Aaron and George arrived.

“Hello!” Aaron greets very loudly once he enters the cafe.

“Welcome!” my mother said happy to see them. And to be honest, I too, was happy to seem them. And it felt like I was anticipating them to come, but I pretended I didn't care and turn away once I saw their faces. I continue to wipe the tables.

They walk towards my mom and sat at the booths.

“What would you two like today?” she ask them.

They gave her their orders, and she quickly made them. As they waited for their drinks I could hear Aaron and my mother chatting. They seem to have become best friends in just two days.

I turn back once to look at George and saw him looking out the window. My heart started to feel funny again. Before I could get more confusing about my heart, I pick up the emptied cups and head to the back room to clean them.

“Gui Gui! Gui Gui?!” I heard my mother called my name.

“Yes?!” I said as finish cleaning the cup in my hands and went into the front.

“Gui Gui, can you help mama deliver these to the college across the street?” my mother said as she sets two bags of drinks on the counter.

“Okay” I said. I didn't want to go because George was here, yet I didn't feel like staying either because there's also Aaron.

“Great! I can accompany her then!” he offered. “The school is quite big, so there's a big chance that she'll get lost.”

“Would you do that?” my mother said with a bright face. “Thank you.”

“No, thanks” I said as I grab the two bags.

“Gui Gui, be nice” my mother gave me a look. “Aaron kindly offered to help out, so it's rude to just say no,” she said. “And it's getting dark, it's better if Aaron goes with you.”

“Yeah, it's rude to just say no when someone offered to help,” he smiled at me as he grabs onto the other bag of drinks.

“How do you know he KINDLY offered to help out?” I mumbled.

“What?” Aaron look at me.

“I said, let's go” I said and walk ahead.

“We will quickly come back” Aaron said to my mom before following me out.

“Hey, hey, Gui Gui” I could hear Aaron say as he ran after me trying to catch up. “Why are you always so cold and mean to me?”

“Because I don't like you.”

“Why don't you like me? I’m a great person you know.”

“Great person my .”

“It's true.”

“Like I care if it's true or not.”

“But it is,” he continues to argue that he's a great person.

I look at the paper for the building that I’m suppose to deliver the drinks to and got a little lost on which way to go to.

“The art building” Aaron said reading the paper over my shoulders.

I got surprised and immediately elbow his chest and quickly got away from him.

“What was that for?” he ask as he rubs his chest.

“Don't come near me or else I’ll attack you like that” I warned him.

“Okay, okay, I got it” he said still rubbing his chest.

“Good” I said and turn around. But slowly turns back to look at him when I got an idea from looking at the bags in my hands..

“What now?” he ask.

“Be a great person you claim you are and help me carry these” I said and shove the drinks at him.

He quickly grabs onto the bag before they dropped.

“Why are you so strong?” he ask as he follows me.

“You don't need to know,” I said and continue to look around.

“It's to the right” he said as I was about to go to the left.

“I know” I lied trying to be cool. “I was just looking around for a bit.”

“Why? Is it because you can't come here, so you're taking this chance to look around a school that you can never reach?”

“Who says that I can't get into this school? I just don't think I want to.”

“Why don't think you want to?”

I stop walking and turn around.

He quickly stops before running into me.

“Why? Because YOU are here” I said looking into his eyes. I turn around and continue to walk.

“What's wrong with me being here?”

“OH! I found it!” I said excited. I ignore him and walk towards the building. I saw a guy standing under the main entrance light.

“Hi?” I said to the person standing by the door under the light.

“Hi! Are you- Aaron?” he said as soon as he saw Aaron behind me.

“You ordered these right?” Aaron held up the bags.

“Yes...by why are you delivering them?” he ask confused.

“I'm helping out” he smile. “Money?”

“Oh~ oh.” The guy dug into his pocket and hands Aaron the money. “See you tomorrow then” he said and head into the building with the drinks.

Aaron waved to him as he leaves. He then turn around once the guy was gone and gave me a smile.

“Here's the money” he hands me the money, but quickly pulls back his hand before I could grab them.

“Give me a hug first” he said as he opens his arms widely at me.

I sigh annoyed and looks away.

“If you want to hold onto the money and be that great person that you claim you are, you may” I said as I turn back to look at him. I then turn around starting to head back.

As I walk back I had no idea where I’m going because it has gotten a lot darker then when we got here, but Aaron didn't say anything either, he just quietly followed me, which made me quite uncomfortable, since he was such a yapper a few minutes ago.

“We already came here” Aaron said after a while.

“I know, I...I just like this area” I lied. The truth is I’m totally lost, yet I really don't want to ask for help from this dude.

“This way” Aaron said as he grabs my hand. Just from the feeling of his hand, I immediately pull mine away.

He seems to be shocked, but played it cool.

“Right, I forgot I’m not suppose to be near you,” he said and laughs. He slowly closed his hand. “This way” he said again and leads the way out.

- - - -

“Gui Gui, what took you two so long, I thought that something happened” my mother said with a worried face.

“Sorry, I took her for a tour” Aaron lied for me.

“Is that so” my mother smile with a relieved expression.

“Oh~ where's George?” Aaron ask.

Hearing his name I quickly started to look for him too.

“He received a phone call and just left,” she told us.

“Ah~” Aaron said. “Right, here's the money” he quickly took out the money from his pocket.

“Thank you,” my mother thanked him for accompanying him. “Thank you so much.”

“It's my pleasure” Aaron smile at her. “Then, I shall get going as well.”

“Wait, why don't you come in and have another drink before going, I’m treating.”

“Thank you, but it's getting late so I should get going, but if it's possible, can I move the offer to tomorrow?”

“Definitely, then have a safe trip home.”

“Of course, Gui Gui I’m going, see you tomorrow” Aaron said to me.

I watch as my mother leave us to go to the back room.

“T-Thanks” I said the words out half heartlly, as Aaron began to walk towards the door.

“What?” he ask and quickly turns around.

“I said leave quickly.”

He smile at me, “See you tomorrow.”

“Who wants to see you tomorrow?” I mumbled after he left.

My mother and I cleaned up and closed before leaving with my father who came to pick us up.  

 

 

 

 

****

Sorry for the late update! I've been so busy and away from my LT.  

N srry for little guihu scenes.  more scenes of them will be coming up.