Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

 


 

“Three wishes?!” George said surprised at the sudden answer.

I nod my head. “I really think I deserve at LEAST three wishes from you don't I? I turned into Water Girl and pulled you out of the pool, I CPR you so you could live again, and I sat by your side until you were fresh like new, see that's three wishes right there,” I explain my request as I use my fingers to count.

“You sat by my side?”

I look away as I recall switching with Aaron before he was conscious again.

“I'll take that as you agree. Well then, I’ll tell you what I my wishes are when they come to mind” I said and walk away quickly.

'Three wishes...' I slow down my pace as soon as I got out of the building. “I don't even know what what three wishes I him to grant yet.”

- - - - -

“I'm here!” I walk into my mother's cafe. I look around to see everything still the same.

“Welcome!” I heard Aaron's voice behind me.

“YOU?!” I turn around and saw him cleaning up a table. “What are you doing here?” I said surprised seeing him in a work uniform.

“I just got employed here” he smile at me as he wipes the table.

“You're finally here, hurry up and help clean up,” my mother said.

“I know,” I said and walk to the back to get change.

I came back out and helped Aaron carried some cups to the back.

“Aren't you rich enough? Why are you still working?” I ask him.

“For fun” he replies and head back out. 

“You little, you came here to make me suffer didn't you?” I mumbled before following him out.

- - - - -

As mother closed up the shop, Aaron and I wait outside.

“So Aaron,” I began to fill the silence with words.

“That's me.”

“Something has been bothering me.”

He turn to look at me. “What is it?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure,” he quickly replies.

I turn to look at him. “Since you're George’s friend...you should know if he has someone he likes or not right?”

“Ri~ght.”

“Then, do you know if he has one or not?” I ask as I turn to look at him.

“Someone that he likes?”

I nod my head.

“Someone that he likes” he repeated and looks away in deep thoughts. “Is that what has been bothering you?”

I look down and nod my head.

“Why don't you ask him that personally?”

“So he does” I said not really surprise.

“Hey, how could you conclude it like that, I haven't given you my answer yet.”

“You just did” I said. “So...do you know who she is?” I lift my head back up to look at him.

Aaron just nods his head.

“Do I know her?”

“Maybe.”

“Then I do know her.”

“How is maybe a yes?”

“It just is...so I know her, then...” 'it must be Kimi Ren.'

“Then what?”

“Then,” I look at Aaron, “Are they dating? Or is it a one side love thing?”

“Good question...I too am not sure, we really don't talk about our personal relationships.”

“What kind of friends are you two then? Drinking friends?” it slipped out of my mouth.

“Sometimes.”

“You two, are two weird friends.”

Aaron laughs.

“Then...” 'What should I do?'

“Now what?” he ask.

“Then, I must find out what kind of love it is.”

“Why must you do that?”

“Because, if it's a one side love, then I still have a chance to be with George.”

“And if it's not?”

“Then my chance is most likely zero percent.”

“Something had been bothering me as well” Aaron said as he looks away.

“What is it?” I ask curious.

“Why do you like George?”

'Why do I like him? I honestly don't know the answer myself.'

“Like I told you before, it's our fate,” I gave him the lame answer.

“Fate again” Aaron said softly. “How did you know it's your fate?”

“This one lady I meet told me so, but not just because she told me it's my fate, but also because she can read my mind, and explain my dreams to me. At first I thought that she was just a crazy old lady, but after meeting George, my heart felt different, it felt like I something from my heart had been lifted. And my heart...it beats differently when I’m with George, no, I don't even have to be with him for my heart to beat differently, even if I only see him from afar, my heart will beat different. I also get nervous and anxious around him. This is my first time feeling these kind of things, and I think I recently got jealous because of him.”

“So, it's not just your fate, but also your feelings?”

I nod my head.

“Well I’ll always be here if you need anything” Aaron said softly.

“Thanks” I look at him and smile. “Oh, it looks like my ride is here, see you tomorrow” I said as my father pulls up in front of the cafe.

“Gui Gui” Aaron said quickly before I could get up.

“Yes?” I look at him.

“Don't think about it too much.”

“Think about what?”

After starring at me for a few seconds he finally answer.

“Think about George, you know you should be thinking about me too, aren't we closer than you and him?” he said in an angry tone. “You're hurting my feelings.”

I laugh, “Who wants to think about you?” I said and quickly ran to the car.

I open the door and turn back to wave at Aaron, “Go home safely” I yell before getting into the car.

I got into the car and roll down the window. “And what we just talked about, you can't tell anyone you got that?! If you do, I’m going to kill you!” I yell at him.

He gave me a thumbs up.

I closed the window and continue to wave to him, until I could no longer see him.

- - - - -

-Next Day-

“I've got it” I said to George as he walk out of the boys changing room after swimming club.

He look at me weirdly.

“I got my first wish” I explain. “Don't tell me you forgot about it already.”

“Oh~right, what's your first wish?”

“First, give me your phone” I stuck my hand out in front of him.

“Why?”

“Hurry.”

“Why should I? If you're not going to tell me what it is then forget it,” he said and about to leave, but I saw his phone sticking out from his sweater and quickly took it.

“Hey, what are you doing?!” he ask angrily as I ran off with his phone.

I slide his phone open and saw Kimi's picture as the wall on his phone. I stop walking.

“What are you doing?!” he snatch his phone away from me.

My phone suddenly ranged. I held it up and smile at him.

“I'll need your number if you're we're going to meet for this weekend's date right?”

“What?”

“I want you to take me out on a date” I told him with a smile.

“Take you out on a date?” he said even more angry.

I nod my head, “That is my first wish, so I’ll text you later as where to meet, oh and the most important part, you'll have to plan out everything, well then, see you this weekend” I said and walk off before he could protest.

As soon as I step out of the building tears began to roll down my cheeks. I don't know why but seeing Kimi there in his phone is making me feel sad, really, really sad.

“Gui Gui” I heard Aaron's voice.

I quickly wipe my tears and lift up my head to see him standing in front of me.

“What's wrong?” he look at me with a worried face.

I smile, “Why? Does it look like something's wrong?”

“No, nothing” he said and pats my head.

I slap his hand away, “Don't touch me.”

“Why?” he ask offended.

“Because, only I can ruin your hair” I said messing up his hair before running for my life.

“Hey!” he yells after me as he fixes his hair. “You wait right there!” he yells and ran after me.

For the rest of the week George didn't come to swimming club, and although I kind of figure he won't be coming for the rest of the week after the next two days, I still anticipate.

'Will he show up for the date tomorrow?' I wonder as I lay in my bed in the dark looking at his number.

 

-Day of the First Date-

 

 

 

I got up super duper early to get ready. It's my first time going on a date and getting ready for it so it took me about three hours just to find something that's pretty and cute to wear. I ended up wearing a white blouse and a black mini skirt and black stockings topping it with a pair of black heels. It took me another two and a half hours to do my make-up and curl my hair, when I finish everything it was exactly 8:30 am.

I grab my things and left. I waited for the bus to come anxiously. On the way to the meeting place I keep on wondering what we were going to do today, and I know that I shouldn't expect a lot, but I really am.

I look at my watch and I reads 9:30 am.

'Half an hour left' I smile to myself as I wait for George at the park.

Minutes flew by and I look at my watch again reading it 10:10 am.

“It's okay, he just woke up late,” I told myself.

Another half hour went by and still no George.

“It's okay, he's just getting ready and on his way here” I told myself.

I look at my watch again and it was finally 11 am.

Tears began to fill my eyes.

'Don't cry, you'll ruin your make-up that took you hours to do,' I told myself, as I wipe my tears away gently.

“Are you waiting for someone?” I heard a guy said.

I lift my head up and saw a old guy in his 40's standing before me. Although we a couple of feet away from each other, I can smell the drench of alcohol from him when he talked.

“Yes~” I answer truthfully.

The guy smile at her.

“You were waiting for me right?” he to a step closer to me. 

“No,” I simply reply.

“Don't lie, did you need some money or something? Cause if you do, I’ve got ton of those” he took another step closer towards me.

“Hey, look what you've got here” two other men shows up. They too, had the smell of alcohol from them.

I turn and started to walk away.

“Hey, where are you going?” one of them yells and I left someone grab onto my hand.

I quickly react and twist his hand behind his back. He started to yell in pain. I kick his and pushed him away as the other two came towards us.

I turn around and ran as fast as I can away in the heels I wore. I don't know how far I ran, but when I turned around I no longer see those drunks. I walk towards a bench and sat down to catch my breath. When I finally calmed down I slowly walked back cautiously to see if George came yet, but when I got back to the spot there was no on around. I sigh and turn to leave, but then I saw a figure who looks like George walking towards me.

“Let's go” he said like nothing happened.

“Okay,” I smile happily to see him come. I then slowly walk follow him, as my feet were in real pain, because they were not use to be walking in heels, or running in them.

We got into George’s car and he drove off.

We arrived at the movie theater and got out. He paid for the movies ticket head into the movie room. I quickly follow him as my eyes eye the snack booths.

We first watch Batman, then we went to watch another movie right after Batman. After that we head to the mall to shop. I follow him as he shop for himself, but he had not bought anything yet.

I watch as George walk into another clothing store from behind. When I caught up to him, I sat in one of the chairs in the hall right outside of the store he walked into. 

My feet were really killing me, and haven't eat anything all day, so my stomach was making lots of noises.

“Let's go” he said as he came with again empty hands.

“Okay,” I smile and got up. I held in the pain and quickly caught up to him.

“Let's go in here” he said as he grab onto my hand and pulls me into a store with him. He sat me down and went to look around the store. I look at him as he walk towards the women section. After a while he came back with the assistance. Her hands were full with shoes.

“Help her try them on” he told the assistance and she did as told.

“Ah-!” the pain came out of my mouth as she took off my heels.

“Sorry” she quickly apologizes. “Oh my-” she was shocked to see my blistered and swollen feet. “Wait one second” she said and got up.

“No, it's okay” I said as I grab her hand to stop her.

“Just one second” she said and quickly went to the staff room.

I look up and saw George looking at my feet. I slowly cross them and slide them back to hide under my chair. He then started to walk around the room looking at things.

The assistance came back with a first aid kit.

She help put band-aids on my feet before slipping on the flats that George got for me.

“That one” George said after watching me try on lots of flats.

“Okay” the assistance said and got up.

I watch as George pay for the flats.

The assistance then hands me a bag with my heels.

“Thank you” I told her, and quickly walk after George who already left the shop.

“Thank you, but I really didn't need these” I said indicating the comfortable flats.

“Don't think too much about them, I only bought them so that you can run away from me.”

'Right, there's a saying that if you buy shoes for a person they'll run away from you,' I thought recalling the saying. 'So...he wants me to run away from him.'

“Still thank you,” I said happily, trying to hide the sadness in my voice.

He took me to a burger place and we had dinner. It was only burger, but it was the tastiest burger I’ve ever had.

“Thank you,” I said as George stop by the bus stop near my house. I got out and turn around to look at him. 

“I have lots of fun today, and I thought of my second wish,” I said looking at him.

“What is it?”

“It's another date, but this time I’m deciding, thanks again...for showing up,” I said before closing the door.

He quickly drove off after I close the door. I watch him disappear around the corner before walking home.

“How was your date?” I heard Aaron's voice.

I look up and saw him waiting for me under the light poll.

“How did you know?” I ask surprised.

“How else would I know?”

'George' I thought.

“Well if you really, really want to know then I’ll tell you, it was great!” I told him excitedly. “And look what I got!” I ran to him and showed him my new flats under the light.

He took a glance and look at me.

“What?” I ask as he constantly stare at me.

“W-why did he buy you shoes?” he ask as he looks away.

“It's a secret” I smile at Aaron. “By the way, how long have you been waiting here?”

“I just got here” he told me.

I got closer to him and started to sniff him.

“What are you doing?” he ask shocked and steps back.

“Liar, you've been out here for awhile now haven't you? You smell like the outdoor (the scent of staying outside too long) .”

 

 

He then started to smell himself. After smelling himself he turn to look at me.

“What's wrong with me waiting?” he argues.

I smile. 'Got caught huh?' 

“Nothing wrong with it. But thanks for coming to wait for me, let's go” I said and head up first.

Aaron smile and followed me. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

****

UPDATED. (FINALLY)

I didn't think of adding the first wish that gui gui wanted, but i did since i think it'll be another few days until i update again. 

 

 

gosh, i feel like a terrible author, always making my readers wait. 

I'm really, really, really, sorry. So many things popped up one after another, so i didn't have a chance to update.