Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

“I'm home” I said as I walk into the house.

“Why did you return so late today?” my mother ask as she walks into the living room from the kitchen.

“I was wondering around Taipei and forgot about the time. Next time I will remember and come home earlier.”

“Okay, as long as you're home it's good, go wash up and come down for dinner. Papa should be home any time now.”

“Oh~” I slip on some slippers and head up to my room.

Awhile later I came back down and had dinner with my parents.

After eating I went to watch TV but while watching TV I fell asleep.

- - - -

Where am I this time?

I walk through a big white hall and came across a noisy room. I reach for the door knob and slowly turns it. I open the door and a bright light shines through.

The door closed by itself behind me. I turn around and the door was gone. I look around and saw nurses and doctors with patients.

I’m in the hospital? Did I finally die?

I walk towards a brighter hallway and once I got there I was shocked to see a person who looks exactly like me. I froze in my spot still shocked. Starring at her I saw tears started to run down her face. I look at what she was looking at and it seems like she was starring into a glass room. I slowly took small steps towards her. Once I got beside her I turn to look at what she was looking at and saw a guy in the room on the hospital bed. I could see his face but he seem like he was badly beaten, so it was hard to make out his usual face.

“I'm sorry” the girl who look like me said as she look into the glass room. “I'm sorry” she said again crying harder.

Somehow I could feel her pain. My tears too started to fall. I try to stop my tears, but it wouldn't stop falling.

What's wrong with me? I continue to wipe my tears.

The girl standing beside me couldn't stop her tears, so she quickly ran away before crying louder.

As she walk away I felt my heart in pain again. I place my hand on my heart and pressed my chest to calm down my heart. I look back at the guy and very curious at how he looks like close I walk towards the door and grabs onto the door knob. But I noticed something by the door. It was his name.

“ Hu Yu Wei?” I said loud and clear.

"Ah~!" I dropped on the ground holding my chest. For some reason my heart is hurts so much more this time.

My breathing began to get complicated. I started to gasp for air while I cry from the unbearable pain.

- - - - -

“Gui Gui!” my mother shook me.

I shot my eyes open and saw her looking down at me with a panic expression. I was still gasping for air as I look at her. I sat up and calmed myself down.

“Gui Gui, are you having those dreams again?” my mother ask as she sat down beside me.

“...” I look away from her eyes.

When I started middle school, I started to have these dreams. But my worried mother went to see a shaman, and that shaman made my dreams go away. When I started high school, the dreams came back again, but I didn't think it was a big deal, so I didn't tell her.

“No,” I said with a smile. “I just had a nightmare, I was watching a horror TV show,” I lied.

“What a relief, it's just a nightmare” she said brushing my hair back. “It's late, go up to your room and go to bed” she told me.

“Okay” I said and got up. We went up together but as we got to my parent's floor, my mother went to her room, and I continue to head up to mine.

I closed the door behind me and went to crash on my bed.

“Hu Yu Wei?...Hu You Wei...” I closed my eyes and fell asleep again.

And just like that the week went by.

After eating breakfast I head out to wait for the bus. I got on with other neighbors and head towards my school.

“Hey YOU!” I heard Wang Zi's voice as I was walking toward the school.

I look up and saw him with his “gang”.

I look away and began to walk around them. Still walking I could feel their fired eyes glaring at me, but I could careless. I didn't do anything wrong, so there's nothing to be afraid of.

For the rest of the day I didn't see Wang Zi and his “gang” nor did I see that Ya Tou girl. I also had a peaceful first day, or....that's what I thought.

-after school-

Just as I got out of the gate I was pulled aside.

Bam!

I was pushed into a brick wall. I look around and realized that I was kidnapped and pushed into dead end ally.

My wandered eyes came back to the person who kidnapped me. I gave him an evil glare.

“Finally, you're trapped” Wang Zi said with an evil smile.

“Why do you want to trap me?” I ask.

“I will make this fast and easy...and I,” he said and steps back. “Won't even lay a hand on you.”

The guys that are always with him came towards me. They each were holding a soccer ball.

“Let's relief some stress shall we?” Wang Zi said and they all dropped the balls on the ground. “Kick as hard as you can, and don't let her get away, if you do, I will personally punish you, and of course I will come back to see satisfying results,” he said and walks out of the ally.

What am I suppose to do now? For the first time of my life I felt really scared and helpless.

I look around for a way out but it was hopeless. Before I knew it a ball starts flying at me. But I quickly dodged it. But one after another they just kept on coming. The first ball hits me on the head. My head reflects and hits the wall. After that I don't even know how many times I got hit. The only thing I did was protect my face.

“STOP!!!!!!!!” I heard Ya Tou's voice. “I told you guys to STOPPPPPP!!!!!!” she yells again. The guys suddenly stops.

She pushed them away and made her way to me.

“Gui Gui are you okay?” I felt her hands on me. I could also feel her heavy breaths, but I pushed her away from anger, yet once I saw her face my anger disappears.

“W-What happened?” I ask as I saw a small cut on the edge of her lip, and although her bangs were covering it, I could see a big band-aid on the top of her forehead. The bruise on the side of her cheek also started to disappear but it was still visible

“Don't worry about me” she said, “How are you feeling?”

Just when she ask that I felt my whole body ache.

“Ya Tou...” One of the guy began to talk.

“Shut up!” she yells. “I told you guys Gui Gui didn't do anything!” she said and gently pulls me up. She puts her arm around mine and walked us out of the ally.

“But Wang Zi-”

“I don't want to hear it!” she said without turning back. “I will talk to him later.”

- - - - - -

-Ya Tou's House-

“I'm so sorry” Ya Tou said as she puts some medicine on my visible bruises on my arms and legs. “I'm very, very, very sorry, I don't know what to do to make it up to you” she said as tears began to drop down her face. “It's because of me...you...”

I held her hands. “If you want to make it up to me, just tell me truthfully what happened.”

Still crying, she nods her head.

“I too was once a transferred student, and Wang Zi is the most popular guy at school. At first we weren't on good terms. When he asked me to go out with him, I thought that he pitied me, because I’m a kind of person who really can't say no when is asked to do a favor, so I was pushed around a lot by other students. But later I found out he really like me” she smiled.

“....And because I really like to make friends, I had a lot of friends, but there's some girls at school, who dislike me, and so they turned my friends on me, the only one who stood with me to the end was Wang Zi. But that made them even more mad. Because Wang Zi is so popular, they hate the fact that he has a girlfriend like me, so they start to pick on me, the picking then slowly became physical from pushing. Then one day Wang Zi found out about me being bullied. He went to look for those girls (to get revenge), and became very protective of me. Everyone who I talk to...he's suspicious of them. Then that day you came to school, we were suppose to meet, but those girls...”

She didn't even have to explain, I figure the rest out.

“That's why Wang Zi came to look for me. Because he thought that that day you were with me, and thought that I did this to you.”

Ya Tou nodded.

“But it's also my fault, I couldn't tell him that it was those girls, because if I did he would go look for them again, so I told him that I fell down the stairs, but he wouldn't believe me...then he came looking for you...I'm really, really sorry” she kept on apologizing.

“You can stop apologizing, I already got your apology. And I don't think that I can forgive them yet, so stop saying you're sorry for them...then, I’ll go now,” I said and got up.

“It's okay, you don't have to forgive them right away” Ya Tou said as she got up with me too.

We continue to talk on the way out.

“Do you know your way around?” she ask me when we got outside.

“Yeah,” I told her. “When are you coming back to school?”

“Once my bruise disappears.”

“Okay, see you at school then” I said and walk away.

I slide up my sleeve as I sat in the bus heading to my mom's new shop.

I let out a relief sigh as I noticed that the bruise aren't so dark.

I rode the bus for awhile before changing onto another bus.

When I got to the shop there were a ton of people. Today was the grand opening.

Cafe? I thought surprised. Yes, I did not know she opened a cafe. I walk into the cafe and saw my mom taking orders.

“Gui Gui! You're finally here? Good, I thought you got lost, hurry and help out” she said in a hurry. I went to the back room and dropped off my bag. I then came back to the front and helped out.

It finally started to slow down around 9. I sat down on one of the tables outside and lay my head flat on the table. I closed my eyes feeling exhausted. Before I knew it I drift off into dream land. But this time, it was different, it doesn't seem to be a dream, but flashes of memories of the girl who look just like me. 

This time it wasn't me who's acting, l was the audience and I watched from a far.

The girl who look like me couldn't move, her body froze. Yet she couldn't look away from this one guy either.

“Gui Gui what's wrong?” Xiao Xun said seeing Gui Gui's weird actions.

Xiao Xun? And that girl... I look back at the girl who look like me. Has the same name as me? I was shocked.

“Ge! What kind of face did you do to her?” Xiao Xun ask the guy Gui Gui was starring at.

“Ge?” she finally spoke softly.

“Oh yes, Gui Gui, this is my older brother, and these three guys behind him are his friends, as I said earlier, they're going to transfer here tomorrow” Xiao Xun said to Gui Gui.

“Gui Gui, who are you talking to?” Aaron said as he walks out of the bathroom.

Aaron? I was even more surprised to see him in my dream. 

Gui Gui didn't reply.

“Oh hi Xiao Xun, what are you doing here?” Aaron ask her.

“Excuse me” Gui Gui said and walks away. She felt her tears coming.

I watch as the Gui Gui girl walks away. And just as i was about to go after her, i felt a force pulling me back. I closed my eyes from fear and once I open them I was in a different place. 

“He's here, I met him again, George” Gui Gui said still trying to hold in her tears. “I don't know what to do, I don't know how to face him, and I don't know what to say to him. All I know is running away.”

The old man sigh. “You know that running away is not the answer to anything.”

“I know, but I can't face him, even after so many years, I still can't...” Gui Gui wipes the tears that are slowly going down her cheeks away. “And there's still Aaron...I shouldn't have listened to you and accepted him...”

Met him again? Accept Aaron? I thought confused. 

That forcful force came again, and I was pulled into another different place. 

“It is really you” he smiled. “Can I....hug you?”

After a few minutes of hesitation Gui Gui nods her head and he immediately hugs her tightly.

“Gui Gui...is it too late to restart where we left off?” he ask her. “Has your heart already changed it's owner?” he whispers.

She felt tears running down her face uncontrollably.

“I'm sorry” she whispers back. “I'm so sorry.”

I see, she...had a change of heart... I slowly started to understand their relationship bits by bits. Yet once again, I was pulled into another different place. 

“Stop apologizing” George cuts her off. “I don't want to hear you keep on apologizing.”

“Then, I won't say it” she said. “Have a safe trip.”

“Can I give you a hug?”

Gui Gui nodded.

George walks up to her and hugs her tightly.

“I can't have you in this life time, so in the next life time you'll have to be mine.”

Gui Gui laugh, “Let's see how our fate will cross the next life time.”

Fate? I thought.

Suddenly everything turned pitch white and that creepy lady's words came to my mind.

“It's time” she said. 

“For what?”  I could hear my voice as well.

“For your fate to cross.”

“What?”

“You will meet him soon, your fate are finally crossing.”

“Him? Who are you talking about?”

“Your fated one.”

I covered my ears, this crazy dream was really driving me nuts. And before I knew it, I ended up yet in another place. 

Where am I? I was back in a dream and I was back at a high school. I wonder around and saw that girl who look like me again..Gui Gui. She was looking for someone.

“George?” she called his name looking into the classrooms.

George? I found the name familiar and followed her.

“George?” she calls. When we came upon the last room she suddenly stops and smiled. She walks into the room. I poke my head in and saw her trying to wake up a sleeping guy.

“George? George wake up, I’m done let's go. George?” she calls his name tapping his shoulders.

The guy finally moved and stretched. He turns around and smiled at her tiredly.

“What took you so long?” he ask her.

That voice! I took a closer look at his face and could clearly see his face. That smile.

“George? George?” I heard a male calling his name. I turn back and everything turned white again.

- - - - 

“Gui Gui, Gui Gui,” my mother shook me. I open my eyes and realized that I came back from dream land.

“Gui Gui, if you're tired go sleep in the back” she told me.

I got up and started to walk back tiredly.

That's so weird...Xiao Xun was in my dream...and so was that Aaron guy...and George? And...Gui Gui? It felt weird to say my own name.

“George! Hurry up! They're closing!” a guy said.

I quickly turn around upon hearing that name. My eyes widen, I felt my heartbeat beating faster than ever. Standing in front of me, was the guy who I just saw in my dream. I’m 100% sure it's the same guy. But beside him stood...

“OH?! HI!” he said, “We meet again!” Aaron said with a big smile at me.

I slowly look away from Aaron and look back at the George guy. He took a glance at me and looks away annoyed, but I couldn't take my eyes off him.  

 

 

 

 

****

UPDATED!

Yay! George finally showed up, but srry not much scene of him yet. 

And i hope this chapter isn't so confusing. if it is just tell me and i'll clear it up.