Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

 

 

Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring!

“Hello?” I answer my phone.

“Gui Gui?! How could you not be awake yet?! It's already 7AM!” I heard Xiao Xun's high pitch voice from the other line.

“So?” I reply tiredly.

“Get up! You don't want to be late on your first day of college do you?”

“Okay~ I’m up,” I reply still in bed.

“NOW!”

“Alright I’m up” I complain and sat up.

Yeah~ I was so nervous about my first day in college that I barely got any sleep last night. 

After taking a quick shower I did my make-up then did my hair. I then change into a new pair of those clothes that Xiao Xun bought me way back then. I wore a white petite with a pink blouse, and wore a white pair of flats. I check my appearance before grabbing my bag to head downstairs.

“Gui Gui are you not going to eat breakfast?” my mother ask as she saw me walk towards the door.

“I'll get something on the way”I reply before heading out.

“Good morning!”

The first thing I saw when I got outside was Aaron with his car in front of my house.

“Why are you here?” I ask still kind of brain dead since I just got up.

“To take you to school of course” he replied.

“Oh right,” I said and walk towards him. “Wait, but why are you taking me to school?”

“Because we live in the same neighborhood, isn't it better to go together? And you won't have to wait for the bus or squeeze into the crowded bus.”

“Of course” I smile and got in.

“I also got you breakfast” he said as he hands me a small paper bag and a cup of coffee.

“Thank you” I reply and took a sip of my coffee.

“So, I thought that Xiao Xun and you were best friends.”

“We are.”

“Then couldn't she just stay with you?”

“Well, her parents thought that she's going to be a bother for us so her father made her stay at the dorms,” I simply explain.

“I see.”

“Yeap, by the way, this coffee is very good.”

“I know, it's my favorite, and from my favorite place.”

I look a the coffee label.

“Always open 711?”

“The most convenient place.”

I laugh, I really didn't think that a guy from a wealthy background would go to such place.

For the rest of the way to school Aaron talked to me about his first day of college to calm me down.

“A-Aaron? What's going on?” I suddenly froze from all the girls who looks like his fan girls who are standing in front of the school. They seem like they were waiting for him.

“What do mean?” he said and took look. “Oh them~”

“Yeah~ THEM! Why didn't you tell me you're the popular guy?” I said as I slowly move down my seat hoping that they wouldn't see me.

“You never asked.”

“Well thanks for the heads up” I said sarcastically.

“You're welcome” he replied with a smile and smile to his fan girls as he pulled into the school to get to the underground parking lot.

As soon as he parked I quickly got out before anyone saw us.

“Wait, wait, what's the hurry?” Aaron quickly got out as well.

“I- I have to meet Xiao Xun, thanks, bye” I said and quickly walks away from him.

He smile and got back into his car to get his bag.

~

“I'm never gana talk to him at school now” I said to myself.

“Who are you never gana talk to?” Xiao Xun got me by surprise.

“OMG. How did you know I was here?” I said freaked out by her sudden appearance.

“I saw Aaron's car pulled in” she said with a smile as she wraps her arm around mine. “So~ he picked you up?”

“Yeah, since we're in the same neighborhood, he offered me a ride.”

“Lucky! So why are you gana never talk to him?”

“Didn't you see his fan girls? He's a popular here, and you know what that means.”

“What? Does it mean that he's a Prince?”

“Exactly.”

Xiao Xun's jaws immediately dropped, “Shut up!”

“Didn't say a thing.”

“Shut up!”

“Okay?~” I look at her confused.

“We are FRIENDS with a PRINCE?” Xiao Xun said getting all excited.

“Hate to admit it, but it seems like it so, yes, and there's really nothing to be excited about.”

Xiao Xun turns around and began to get all giggly again. “He's coming, he's coming.”

“Walk faster” I said and picked up my pace.

“No way, I didn't say hi yet, and he DID SEE ME turn around” Xiao Xun said as she keeps on turning back to look at Aaron.

“Gui Gui” we heard him call my name.

I stop and slowly turn around.

“Aaron, hi, is there something that you need?” I ask.

Girls began to eye us.

He smile, “No, but I thought you might just need this” he said and hands me my phone.

I quickly check my pockets to find them empty.

“Thanks for returning it to me,” I quickly took it. “Well I better go now” I said and pulled Xiao Xun away.

“Hi Aaron, bye, see you around” Xiao Xun said as she turns around to greet and bid him goodbye.

“Gosh~ he's so handsome” Xiao Xun sigh in love land.

“In YOUR eyes.”

“Exactly.”

As she was in love land I started to glance around the big campus looking for George.

Suddenly my phone vibrated.

It was a message from Aaron.

A: don't you want to see George?”

'Of course I do. Isn't it a obvious question.'

G: No, but please tell him I said hi.

A: message will not be pass. You will tell him when you see him. =) See you around.

'Then why did you text me?'

I close my phone and went to find my class with Xiao Xun.

~

“How did your morning classes went?” Xiao Xun ask as we met up for lunch.

“Great! I feel like this is going to be a good year” I said as we walk to the cafeteria. “Right, Xiao Xun did you decide which club you want to join yet?” I ask as walking by the bulletin board in the hallway reminded me.

“Yes, and no.”

“What does that suppose to mean?”

“Yes, I thought of joining dancing club, but no, I don't know if I want to join it. What about you?”

“You're my best friend, you should know right?” I smile at her.

“Swimming and tennis?”

“Bingo, those two are the only sports that I’m good at.”

“Of course, you were always number one in high school, but isn't taking two sports too much to handle? I mean this is college you know.”

“I know, but I’ve decided that I should enjoy college as much as possible, and at this time...I want to take a break from love. I think I jump into it too fast, so I’m slowing it down just a bit. And to do that, I need to focus on other things than just him.”

“Good thinking, but I wonder if he's a Prince too, since he's Aaron's friend.”

'That's right huh. I didn't even think of that, but if it's true then that means that I’ll have a lot of competitors. Man, this totally .'

“Speaking of Prince” Xiao Xun said all excitedly.

I look up and saw Aaron, George and some other guys walking towards us, followed by a group of girls.

'Gosh, he's really a Prince.'

As they walk closer and closer towards us, I could feel my heart beat beating louder and louder.

'Gui Gui what are you doing? This isn't the time to listen to your heart beat, you've got to gather up your confidence and tell him.'

I took a deep breath and squeeze my hand tightly. I look at them confidently as they walk closer and closer towards us.

But as soon as my eyes met George’s, 'Oh! I really can't do this!' I look away and they walk pass us followed by the fans.

“Did you see the Prince? My gosh they're so handsome, I’m so happy I came here” Xiao Xun said as we stopped for her to turn back and look at them.

As soon as they disappear Xiao Xun turn to look at me.

“Gui Gui, you okay?”

“Huh? Yes, of course, let's go eat, I’m suddenly feeling really hungry.”

~

For the rest of the day I couldn't concentrate at all. My mind was on my failed mission.

“Why is this school so big? Am I lost again?” I said to myself as I walk through endless hallways.

I took out my phone to look at the time.

“My mom is so going to yell at me, I’m suppose to be at the cafe in 10 minutes...Wait, if I go up I can look to see where I’m at, and where I’m suppose to go. Hehe, I’m so happy when I come up with smart ideas” I said and start to quickly walk up the stairs to get to the top fllor.

I open the door and quickly ran towards the edge.

“Wow! The campus is so pretty! But...” I realize I was at the other end of the campus. I could see the entrance at the other end. “It's not time to enjoy the view” I grumble and turn around.

My eyes widen. George was at the door, and he seem like he was about to leave.

“Wa-wait!” I yell. “I'm sorry I didn't know you were here, I’m leaving anyways, so you can stay” I said and quickly walk towards the door.

He step away from the door and I open it, but closed it again.

“Before I go, I want to say something to you,” I said to him. I lift my head to look at his face. 

“I...I want to apologize for suddenly confessing to you, I’m sorry. And you were right, I don't know anything about you yet I told you I like you. I’m just like all the other girls who look at the appearance...Please don't hate me....but my point is after thinking about it for a long time, I’ve decided to get to know you better. And I know that it won't be easy and you won't do it, but I hope that you will give me a chance to get to know you better too....That's all...” I look away feeling my heart beating really fast, “Bye now” I said and left the roof.

I finally slow down as soon as I hit the bottom of the building. I look up and smile.

'Mission accomplish.'

 

 

 

****

UPDATED!