Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

-Next Day-

 

 

“Hi Gui Gui!” I heard Ya Tou's voice knocking into my thoughts.

I look up and saw her standing by the gate entrance.

“Ya Tou? You came back to school already?” I ask kind of surprise to see her there.

“Yup. Why? Not happy to see me?”

“No, it's just...your bruise...” I pointed the fainted bruise out.

“Oh~ I was sick of staying home so I decided to come to school” she explains.

“I see.”

“Well then, let's go to class, you came kind of late today” she said as she hooks her arm around mine and walk with me into the school.

During lunch while eating, I finally saw Wang Zi and his crews hanging out by the basketball court.

“Just ignore them” Ya Tou told me. “Until he apologizes to you, I’m not going to talk to him, or any of them.”

Once I saw him turning his head to look our way I quickly turn away.

That day after school I called my mom and went straight home. Why? Of course it's because I don't like to see Aaron.

I close my bedroom door behind me, dropped my bag on the floor and went to lay on my bed. I lift up my phone to look at the time and smiled.

Perfect timing!

I pressed one on my phone and waited for the other person to pick up.

“Gui Gui!” Xiao Xun screams through the phone.

“Hey! I’m going death here!” I scream back.

“Sorry! I’m just so happy to get your phone call!” she calmed down a little. “So how have you been?”

“I've been doing well..but....” and so I told her everything about Aaron.

“Maybe he likes you?” Xiao Xun said after hearing my story.

“No way! He only knows how to make me mad. But, there's something that I really really really really really really really really need to ask you.”

I heard Xiao Xun laughs before asking “What is it?”

“You know those dreams that I always get?”

“Yeah~ what about them?”

“You know that guy that I can never see his face?”

“Yeah~”

“I finally saw his face...in my dreams.”

“REALLY?! Is he handsome?”

“Of course,” I felt my cheeks warmed up just from the thoughts of his face.

“OMG!” Xiao Xun squeals. “Too bad he only appears in your dreams, otherwise I’d like to see him too.”

“You can, Aaron had this friend called George...and looks exactly and has the exact name as the guy in my dreams.”

“No way!”

“You have to believe me on this one.”

“Now I really have to see him.”

“Of course, just come up here and I’ll point him out to you.”

“I definitely will.”

“But...that's not what I really really really really really want to ask you...what I REALLY want to ask is...there's this kind of feeling...well you see...where should I start?....Um you see, I feel really weird when ever I see George. I become nervous and my heart feels anxious, and whenever I hear his name my ears tickles. I don't know why but I don't hate these kind of feelings...yet I don't know why I have these kind of feelings...I don't even know if you can understand what I saying...but-”

“Of course I do!” Xiao Xun cuts me off. “Gui Gui congratulations! I’m so happy for you.”

“Why? Are these feelings good for me?”

“Stupid, of course they are! I was so worried that you would never have a crush on anyone...now I feel like you're a grown up! I’m so proud of you!”

“Crush? How could this crush be good for me? I mean doesn't crush mean running into something and causing a big and serious damage?”

“Gui Gui, you might be smart but when it comes to love, why are you so stupid? But of course, it's not surprising to see you so clueless when it comes to love, you've never like like anyone before so let me teach you. The kind of crush that I’m talking about is when you secretly like somebody. Those feelings that you just told me about, are the hints that are telling you, you like that person.”

“But how can I like him when we just met?”

“That's why it's called a crush.”

“Crush...”

“That's right, CRUSH! Well, I’m cheering you on! And remember don't push your feelings back and go with it, if he doesn't like you after you confess to him, then make him like you. Just don't give up when you didn't try hard enough. You should do everything that you can to the end, otherwise, you'll sure regret it until you die.”

“How do you know all these things?” I ask out of the blue, as she sounded like an expert.

“Drama of course!”

I rolled my eyes, but took her words to heart. We talk for a few more hours before hanging up. I got up after that long talk and walk to my other room. I sat down on my desk and began to do some homework while Xiao Xun words keeps on slipping in and out of my thoughts.


The very next morning I went to school with panda eyes. It took me a whole night to put in order my thoughts into the files in my head. My battery was zero to start the day with.

“Gui Gui, what happened?” Ya Tou ask worried as she saw my panda eyes.

“Nothing, I just didn't sleep well last night” I told her and yawned.

“Why? Did you have nightmares?”

I laugh, “I wish it was that.”

“Then was it not nightmares? What were you doing last night?”

“Thinking about things that I’ve never thought about,” I told her as I yawned again.

She nods her head, “I see, that would take the whole night wouldn't it.”

“Mmm.”

For the rest of the day I barely could open my eyes during class and slept like a baby through lunch. At the end of the day I felt better and was more awake.

“Ya Tou see you tomorrow” I told her as we went separate ways.

She waved to me and walked away from the bus stop.

As soon as the bus got to the bus stop I got on and head towards the cafe.

- - - - -

“Mom, I’m here” I said as I walk back into the employees only room to change my clothes.

“Good thing you're here, Xiao Mei is ill, so we are one hand short, now hurry and get out there, for some reason we are especially busy today” she said quickly and went out to the front.

After changing I too, went to the front. I started to take orders and cleaned tables. Before I knew it Aaron arrived.

“Hi Auntie!” he said as he sat at the booths.

I heard his voice and immediately turns around to see if George came along as well. But he was no where to be seen. My anxiousness immediately disappears, and I turn back around getting back to work.

'Why do I feel so disappointed?' I question myself. 'There's no reason for me to be disappointed....right?'

'No stupid, stop denying it, it's because he's not here.'  For the first time in a long time my more girly inner self stated her opinion.

'Yeah~ You're right.' I stop denying it and agreed with her.

 

“Gui Gui please take Aaron's order, I need to use the restroom” my mother said loudly breaking into my thoughts. She smiled at Aaron before leaving into the back.

I finish cleaning up the table and walk towards the one seated booth section.

“What would you like today?” I ask him casually.

He look at the menu and smile after deciding what he wants. “I would like the Crazy Strawberry Shake please.”

“Coming right up,” I said not looking at him and started on making his drink.

“What's wrong with you?” he lowers his head so he could see my face that's lowered down.

“Nothing” I replied. “What's wrong with you?”

“Nothing” he smile.

'Should I ask him? Since he's George's best friend...he should know right? Or should I wait on that question and ask the other one first?'

“You don't look so well today, are you sure you're okay?” he ask me, but I was too deep into my thoughts and his words just went right through my ears.

“Here you go” I totally ignored his question and hand him his drink. I turned around to leave but stop.

'Yes, I should ask him.'

“Aaron” I said as I turn around to look at him.

“Yes?” he said after taking a sip of his drink.

“Is it hard to get into that college?” I ask as I turn my head to look at the college that's across the street from our cafe.

“Of course it is, do you not know, that it's the best school in Taiwan, so only the rich and the smart could attend that school.”

“I'm not rich, nor am I smart...” I sigh, “Why does it sounds hard” I said to myself as I lean back. My will to try was all gone now.

“Why did you ask? Did you change your mind and want to attend that college with me?”

I look at him, “I changed my mind, but it wasn't so that I can attend school with you, for your information.”

“Then why did you change your mind?”

“You don't need to know.”

“If you tell me, I can help you get in” he said making a deal with me.

I quickly look at him as he took another gulp of his drink.

“R-Really? You can?!” Just hearing his offer makes me excited already.

“Of course, who do you think I am?” he said coolly.

“You're...Aaron?”

“Right~...well like I said, I can help you get in, BUT in return, all you have to do is tell me the reason of why you want to go there.”

“Really? You won't change you're mind will you?”

“I'm a man of my words” he lift up his hand swearing to the sky.

“That's all I have to tell you right?”

He nods his head.

I look around and lean towards him when the coast was clear. He too leans towards me.

After whispering into his ear he backs away and look at me shocked.

“Who?!”

“I already told you my reason, so you'll help me right?” I totally ignore his question again.

“Okay, I will, but you have to tell me who first.”

I sigh disappointed, “A man of my word my .”

“I am a man of my words, but I also have to know who you like-” I quickly lean over the booth table and cover up his mouth.

“Hey! Not so loud!” I whisper angrily at him.

“Aaron?”

OMG! No way! His voice immediately makes my heart flustered. Such a bad timing!

We both turn to look and saw George standing two meters away starring at us.

I quickly let go of my hand and tried to calm down my heart. I turned around feeling my face warmed up.

'I hope he won't misunderstand me...' I took a deep breath before turning around to take his orders.

“H-Hi, can I get your orders?” I ask not having the guts to look directly at him.

“I will have the same thing as Aaron” he replied as he sat down next to Aaron.

“Okay, coming right up” I said and got right to work.

'Just when I least expect him, he shows up!'

I quickly blend his drink for him and sets it on the counter top.

“Enjoy” I said as I set the drink in front of him. Just as I finish my job there my mother returned. I sigh relaxing myself as I walk out from behind the booths.

I smile to myself feeling so much better that George’s here. 

As I clean I try to steal glances at George, but every time I turn to steal that glance I see Aaron's eyes looking at me.

'That guy~ How I wish he would just disappear at this moment.'

I gave up on stealing glances and turn my attention to the clock waiting for the day to be over with.

- - - - -

“I really enjoy today's special” Aaron said as we head out from the cafe.

“I did too” George told my mother.

“I'm glad, it took me a long time to make that drink perfect” my mother laughs proud of herself.

During that whole time they chat, I was half zoomed out and half starring at George.

'Why is he so handsome?'

His eyes suddenly turned to me. I smile at him and quickly look away.

'Gosh why did I turn away? I makes me look totally like a creeper now! Am I becoming the next...Aaron?'

I shut my eyes tightly trying to make that thought go away.

After that thought ran away I turn back around and saw Aaron looking at me. His eyes seem different than from before, his eyes seem to be... if I could use a word to explain it, it would be sad. But why would he be sad? Well, I could careless, he's a creeper anyways, and I think I should start staying away from him, cause...I think I’m picking up this creeper character from him.

I look away from his eyes but I could feel his eyes glued on me.

“Good night then boys” my mother said and elbowed me.

“Bye” I said to them and look away again.

“See you tomorrow” he smile to my mother than glance at me before leaving.

I heard George bid my mother good-bye as well and they left. Just shortly after they left my father arrived and picked my mother and I up. 

For some reason just as I sat in the car I became unreasonably tired. I lean my head on the window and closed my eyes. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

****

Gui Gui found out she has a crush on George! Will she tell him? But will he accept her? And what's up with aaron's sudden sad expression?

 

Yes, it's been awhile! But I updated it didn't I? =)

Well hope you all like this chapter, although it may be confusing and a bit boring.