Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

 

“First thing first, your wardrobe, we need a whole new wardrobe for you!”

“What?! New wardrobe?! That's too much and that's too expensive, I don't have enough money.”

“No worries, who do you think I am? This way!”

Xiao Xun pulled me in and out of the clothing stores and made Aaron carried my bags for me. At the last store that she decided to stop at she made me wore a pink one piece t-shirt with a mini skirt and with white leggings. Along with that she gave me the flats and a wide belt that she just bought for me.

“And now the last touch” she smile happily at me and drag me to another store.

“Wait” I said covering my with my hands. The skirt was definitely a little too short.

“What are you doing?” Xiao Xun ask as she laughs at me.

“I like the clothes and all but, it feels so weird” I said feeling uncomfortable. I haven't wore a dress in like forever. Feeling so much air touching my skin makes me feel so .

“Don't worry, you'll get use to them in no time! And you look gorgeous! You shouldn't hide something that needs to be seen” she said and took me to our last destination.

I follow her still trying to cover my , but her say that made me feel a little more confident.

'What's there to be happy about? I haven't even seen myself yet, and I feel so uncomfortable in these cloths.'

We walk into a salon and after Xiao Xun giving them instructions they began doing my hair. They permed it straight and trim an inch off my hair. The male worker than began doing my face.

He first clip my newly cut bangs back and clean my face with wipes, then he began with the first layer of beauty.

We stayed in the salon for about an hour and a half before they were done with me.

“Gui Gui” I could hear Xiao Xun said beside my ears. She turns my chair around. “Open your eyes.”

I slowly open my eyes because they were kind of sticky from the mascara.

My lips immediately curves up.

“Very pretty” I said looking at the girl in the mirror.

“Isn't she?” Xiao Xun said proudly. “Come, let's go see what Aaron thinks” she said and pulls me off the seat.

“Aaron” Xiao Xun went out to the waiting room first. She steps aside and I got out from behind the wall.

Aaron's eyes grew bigger as soon as he saw me. His eyes look like they where shinning.

“What do you think?” Xiao Xun ask him.

“Gorgeous” he replied with a smile on his face.

“I know right!” Xiao Xun continues to be proud of her first makeover work.

Hearing Aaron say that makes me feel so happy, but then I wonder if George would say the same thing as well. No, would he even look at me after this make-over? I hope all of Xiao Xun's work wouldn't go to waist.

Xiao Xun paid and we finally left the mall for good.

“I'm so happy, yet I feel so bad” I said as we walk towards Aaron's car.

“Why?” Xiao Xun ask.

“Because you spent so much money on me, I don't know how to repay you back.”

“Don't worry about it, because every penny I spent on you today, was definitely worth it!”

My eyes began to get teary hearing her say that.

“Thanks.”

“Aww~ there's that girly side of yours again!” Xiao Xun said as she hugs me.

“Oh right” I said finally remembering Aaron. “Let me help you” I said as I held onto some bags.

“It's okay, I’ve been carrying them all day, I can still carry them to my car” he said sarcastically. Yet he had a little mad tone with it as well.

“Sorry” I whisper to him.

“No problem at all” he continues.

And so Aaron dropped us off at my house before retiring to his house for the day.

“Xiao Xun who's that girl? Where did my Gui Gui went?” my mother said sarcastically as soon as she saw us.

“Mom.” I felt embarrassed.

“I had never thought that I would see this princess side of Gui Gui” my mother said eyes still glued on me. “Thanks Xiao Xun.”

“It was my pleasure Auntie Wu.”

For that whole weekend while Xiao Xun was still in Taipei she taught me how a 'girl's' attitude should be like, since I was very tomboy, and taught me how to do my own make up as well as dressing my self up in the clean and girly way, and also how to walk in heels. Yes, my worst enemy, heels. But the weekend quickly ended and Xiao Xun had to return home until the end of the month. But the month also quickly flew by, and during those days I didn't see Aaron nor did I see George. But there is one person who I saw during those days. I returned to the fortune telling street and meet the old lady again.

“If I remember correctly, you said that those dreams that I had are from my past life right?” I ask her as she happily invited me to sit down.

“That's correct.”

“So the Gui Gui and George that I saw in my dreams,  is really us, the George that I know now, and me?”

“That's right.”

“So everything that I dreamed about, was real in the past life.”

“Yes.”

My heart suddenly started to ache.

“After this meeting we won't see each other for a while, so I will tell one one last thing until the next time we meet.”

“What is it?”

“His pain, is your pain, but he cannot feel your pain. And when you dream of the past, he dreams of the person he loves, when your heart aches, his heart also aches, but it's because misses the person he loves.”

“So...he does have someone that he loves” I said softly to myself. “But isn't that unfair to me? Why is it me that have to feel his pain with him?”

“Life is unfair, and this is how your fate was made to be.”

I suddenly began to feel tired. I closed my eyes, and when I open them again, I found myself in my room.

“Gui Gui you're finally awake” my mother said as soon as she saw me walking down the stairs.

“Yes,” I said as I walk down the stair confused. “What happened? Why am I home?”

My mother laughs, “What do you mean what happened? After a whole day of being out, you came home tiredly and went to take a nap.”

'Really? I did?'

“How long did I sleep?”

My mother looks at the clock. “For about two hours now.”

“I see, I must be really tired to forget” I laugh it off. But I knew for sure I saw that weird lady. Just thinking about it makes me have goosebumps, yet I’m very curious to how I got home too.

-Result day-

I got a phone call from Xiao Xun that morning before I went to see the results. She called to tell me that she was sick so she couldn't come up and so ask me to find her number for her instead.

I walk up to the result board and took out my number that was on a piece of paper in my pocket. I took a deep breath before searching for the number written on the paper in my hand.

After 30 minutes of standing at the result board I walked away. Tears started to drop down my face.

“Gui Gui” I heard Aaron said  my name.

I look up and saw him standing in front of me.

“A-Aaron?” I said and immediately ran to hug him.

“What's wrong? Did you not pass?” he ask worried seeing me in this state.

“No,” I shook my head. “Thank you” I said with a big smile on my face. “I pass, I really pass!” I pulled away and wipe my tears away. Yes, they were tears of joy. “I'm so happy, Xiao Xun and I pass the exam” I said laughing yet crying.

“Really?! That's great! You made me so worried!” he said and pulled me into his arm again. “This means for a celebration. Although Xiao Xun can't be here with us, we can do one again together later for her.”

I nodded.

“By the way” I said as I dry my tears while we were heading to who knows where. “Where have you been the pass month?”

“Why? Did you miss me?”

“Like I would. Seriously” I said looking into the mirror.

“That's a secret,” he continues to not tell me.

“Fine, it's not like I care.”

“Then why did you ask?”

“I was just curious.”

He looks at me and laughs.

We ended up going to a small grilling place. I invited Ya Tou and Wang Zi over, and Aaron invited George.

Ya Tou and Wang Zi arrived at the place first. As we wait for George to come I could feel my heart beating very fast. I was very, yes very very nervous to meet him. Although I got great feed backs from Wang Zi and Ya Tou about my make-over, I was still nervous to see George's expressions once he sees my change.

“Over here” Aaron waived to George.

My back was facing the entrance so I couldn't see him right away. But I feel him coming closer and closer towards us.

“Sorry for being late” he said before being seated. Aaron got up and came to sit next to me giving his seat to George.

'Darn Aaron, why didn't you just sit still so he could sit next to me?'

But after thinking about it, if he sat next to me, then I wouldn't be able to see his handsome face. And I was less nervous now that Aaron is sitting next to me.

I calmed myself down before greeting him. I end my greeting with my most beautiful smile, but he just look away once our eyes met. He still has his usual cold expression.

'It didn't work...'

We ate a lot and drank a lot (coke of course, still under age), as well as chat a lot. Except for George of course. I had a feeling he didn't want to be here but was force to by Aaron. Then it was getting late so Ya Tou and Wang Zi first left, leaving George, Aaron and me.

“I'll be back, need to run to the restroom” Aaron said after eating and drinking so much.

'How...awkward.' I thought right after Aaron left. 'There's just George and I now...' I look away from George, looking around feeling nervous. 'So this is how it'll feel like if there's just George and I...just him and I alone together...Wait! What am I doing? This is my chance!'

I snap out of my nervous mode and grab Aaron's cup that is next to mine and drank the rest of the beer that was in his cup.

“Hey~ that's alcohol” George said to me.

“I know” I sat the cup down. I wipe my mouth dried before talking.“But I had to drink it to make me calm down...” I look at George. “You might think that I’m drunk, but I’m really not, my head is still in a clear state.”

“What are you blabbing about?” he said wanting me to get to the point.

“I like you,” I said straight out. “I really like you, I like you since I time first saw you. You might not believe me, but I really do like you, yet I don't know how to explain this feeling to you. So if you can except me-”

“No, I can't” he cuts me off. “You said that you like me from the first time you saw me? Doesn't that mean that you only like what's on the outside. You're just like the rest of the girls out there, only looking at the appearance,” he said and got up.

His cold words struck my heart deeply.

I wanted to tell him no, but the words wouldn't come out, and after I tell him that, how can I explain myself? Will he even believe me?

“Congratulations for passing the exam, but I hope to not hear something like this again,” he said and left me at the table.

Tears started to drop onto the table.

“Where's George?” Aaron ask as he returned to the table.

I quickly dry my face with a napkin.

“He just left” I said with a smile.

“What's wrong?” he saw right through me. “Were you crying?”

“No~” I lied, “Something flew into my eyes,” I continue to lie, but as I do so more and more tears ran down my face.

His words still hurt me so much, it was an unexplainable pain.

“Let me see” Aaron offered.

“No, it's okay, I’ll just run to the restroom quick” I forced a smile before leaving.

I look at myself in the restroom.

'Why are you crying? You look so pathetic! Stop crying!'

But the tears wouldn't stop coming.

 

'Gosh, I should have never confessed...'

I stayed in the bathroom for about ten minutes. I rinse my face with cold water before heading back out.

“Are you really okay?” I met Aaron outside of the ladies room.

“Of course!” I forced another smile. But Aaron didn't seem to buy my smile. He grab my hand and drag me out of the restaurant.

“Hey, hey, we didn't pay yet” I said looking back.

“I did already.”

- - - - -

He ended up taking me to the karaoke.

“Why are we here?” I ask Aaron confused.

“To continue our celebration of course” he said as he grabs the song book and starts looking for songs to sing.

“But, I’m a terrible singer.”

“Who says that you have to be a good singer to sing in the karaoke room?” he said not looking at me.

Yeah~ I guess that's true.

He then took the remote and put on a song.

“I'll entertain you first so that you can get into the mood” he smile at me and got up to sing after grabbing the mic on the table.

He sung Fahrenheit's Ai Dao.

I didn't realize it until he was almost finish with the song, but I had to admit, he had a very very nice voice.

Yes, I guess I was somewhat jealous that he have such a good voice. .

For the next song he pulls me up to sing with him. I guess it was thanks to Aaron that that night, I forgot about that unexplainable pain.

 

 

****

She had a successful-ish make-over, she had good news of getting into the same college as George. but was rejected after a confession. poor gui gui. She also found out that George have someone that he loves? Who is she? What will gui gui do?

 

-For readers who already read Chapter 11- 

Hey guys, just leting you know that this is the original chapter 11 (the one i posted before it got lost. I'm recovering it.).