Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

“That sounds pretty crazy to me” Xiao Xun agrees with me after I told her everything about what happened last night, including that dream.

“Tell me about it” I said as we clean the windows. (It was cleaning time)

“But did you ever give it a thought that it might be true? I mean, if you suddenly saw an old lady and once you turn back she's gone...”

“I don't even want to give it a thought like that. It's too much work for my brain,” I said.

“Okay, but what about that lady? How can she just disappear in a blink of an eye? Is she a ghost?”

“Possibly” I said.

“Then wouldn't that make you the crazy one?”

I gave her a death glare.

She returned a big smile. “Just kidding.”

“You better be.”

But...what if it is true? What am I going to do?

I shook my head and continue to work.

And like that a week went by without anymore dreams. But just when I thought I would be living peacefully...

“What we're moving?” I said shocked as I ate dinner with my parents. “Why? I only have one year of school left.”

“You're dad got promoted to a higher position. So we are moving to a bigger city. And I’m opening a new business.”

“No fair, can I not go?”

“No, you're a girl, I won't let you stay by yourself, it's too dangerous,” my father said calmly.

“No I won't be staying by myself, I can stay with Xiao Xun and her family,” I begged.

“No, means no, you'll be a bother to them.”

“I won't, I promise.”

“We are a family, until you marry, where ever we go, you go” he said and left the table.

My father is a police officer, so I understand that he's very protected of me but still, “So unfair” I pout.

“Gui Gui, be good” my mother said and cleaned the table.

I lay on my bed thinking how unfair my life was.

I guess I’m moving next weekend.

I sigh and roll around my bed until I fell asleep.

~

“Totally unfair!” Xiao Xun agrees with me. “And you totally would so NOT be a bother.”

“I KNOW! I told them so, but they wouldn't agree” I said disappointed. “But my dad is right, we are a family, and I’ve never been apart from them, so I guess if I do now I’ll just miss them terribly.”

“Then what about me?” Xiao Xun said.

“You can come visit me, or I can come visit you when I have breaks.”

“But you'll be on the other side of Taiwan, this is Kenting, do you expect a high schooler to travel by herself all the way to Taipei?”

I look at her and nodded.

“But it's too far, and I’m a girl, what if something happens?”

“Then you just sit still and wait. I’ll just come down to visit you.”

“Okay....I will miss you” she said with teary eyes.

“Me too” I said and gave her a hug. “Then why don't we do this, for the next few days lets do everything that we always do together first before I move away.”

“Okay” Xiao Xun smiled. “Oh~I'll miss you” she said and cries.

“You cry baby” I .

So for the next few days I packed and played with Xiao Xun. We went shopping, slept at each others' houses, and did each others' hair and make up. We painted our toe nails, took many pictures at the picture booths, and went to the karaoke together.

 

-Day of Departure-

 

“Ahhhhh~!!!!!!” Xiao Xun was balling.

“You are really a crybaby” I said trying to hold in my tears.

“Wahhh~~~! But I will really miss you!!” she said crying loudly.

I hug her and wipe my tears away.

“You crybaby, it's not like I’m moving to another country, I’ll come visit often” I told her.

She nod her head as she wipes her tears. I bid farewell to her parents and the neighbors who came to send us off. I got into the car and Xiao Xun helped closed the door.

“You must come back soon” she said looking at me with her puffy eyes.

I smiled, “I will” I said and slowly the car started to move.

As I look back through the open window Xiao Xun kept on chasing our car until she couldn’t run anymore.

I waved to her and sat myself forward. Tears slowly fell down my face. We weren't just best friends, also grew up together, we were like sisters.

“Don't worry, we'll come back and visit once we are settled down,” my mother said.

I didn't say anything. I look out the window thinking of how my new home would be like. This is my first time stepping out of my hometown, so I was a little nervous, yet excited to explore the a new part of the world.

Without realizing it I fell asleep and was woken up by my mother.

“Gui Gui, wake up,” she said tapping my shoulder. “It's bathroom break, do you want to eat anything?”

Open my eyes and got out of the car to stretch. I look around and smiled.

“Where are we?” I ask my mother.

“At a rest stop, just about another hour then we will reach there,” she told me. “Do you want to eat anything?” she ask me again.

“I can buy it myself” I told her. And she gave me some money.

After using the bathroom I walk to the food court and look around to see if I find anything appetizing.

I ordered a beef noodle and sat at a nearby empty table waiting for the order.

Slap!

Ouch! That gotta hurt!

“I hate you!”

I glance at the couple next to my table who got into a fight. After slapping and telling the boyfriend she hates him, the girl got up and left.

I look away and continue to wait for my food.

“It hurts” the boyfriend said out of the blue. “How could she hit me so hard? Can you believe it? And I was treating her like a princess too” he said. “We dated for a month I think. But I just got bored...is it wrong to break up with someone after your feelings change?...And it's not like I didn't LOVE her. I did, but now it's all different...I really, really, really, didn't deserve that slap.”

Is he crazy or something? Who is he talking to? I thought with my back facing him.

“You must be thinking that I’m crazy or something...talking to some stranger I don't know.”

Goodness, can he read mind or something? I thought all confused, yet nervous that he'll read my mind again.

“Don't worry, I’m not crazy” he said. I could hear him smile.

“I'm Aaron” he said suddenly sitting across from me. “Nice to meet you” he said and stuck his hand out at me.

I look around me to make sure he was talking to someone else and not me. But there was nobody around us. I look back at him.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Aaron,” he introduce himself again.

Unfortunately he was really talking to me.

“Number 34!”

Thank goodness!

“Sorry” I told him and held up the paper that has my number. I got up and left him sitting alone by himself.

I grab my food and went to find my parents before that crazy dude starts talking to me again.

I found my parents nearby. I set my bowl of noodle down but before sitting down I turn back to see if he's still there, and yes he is. That creeper smiled at me and I immediately turn around to sit. During the whole time that I ate, not once did I turn back to look.

After we finish eating we left the rest area and continue the road to our new home. As we got into the car I look around to make sure that creeper was not going to stalk me down to my new home.

I let out a relief sigh as there was no sign of him. Our family journey, then continues.

“This is Taipei” my father said with a big smile.

I look around the city as we drove pass them.

Finally! I thought thanking the land of Taiwan for not being so big. That car ride was killing my . I’m never going on a road trip again.

The sun was setting when we reached our new home.

I got out once my father stops the car and I look at the big building in front of me.

Our new home was located up in the mountains. Don't know why, but I guess my parents like houses that are located in the mountain and hills. Anyways, the house is white with blue roof. There's a small flower garden in the front and there's even a garage!

This is so awesome!

“Is this where we're going to live from now on?” I ask them shocked.

“Yes,” my father replied with a smile.

“Can I choose my room?” I ask excited.

“Of course” he said.

Once I get the okay sign I ran into the house and ran up and down the house looking for my new favorite room.

I finally found it after running up and down, I don't even know how many times, just to look at the room that I looked at two minutes ago again.

My new room is located on the top floor of the house. Which is the fourth floor. Why did I choose that room? Because it faces the city below us, so at night, I will always have a great view.

While unpacking my father told me that I can have the fourth floor all to myself. Since there's only another room that's connected to my room through a bathroom. My father said that I can have the other room as my study room. And I happily accept.

“Gui Gui” my mother said as she was helping unpack my things, “Papa starts work tomorrow, and I will have to go see my new shop, so you'll have to go to your new school by yourself, okay?” she said.

“What?” I ask unhappy. “I have to start school already?”

“No, you'll just have to go look around and meet your new classmates” she told me.

“Okay then, no problem! I can go by myself, it's not like I’m still 5 years old” I said happily after hearing that.

After helping my mother cook dinner and eating I retreat to my room and continue to unpack.

“Why is it taking me so long to just unpack these things? Why do I have so many things?” I complain to myself.

Tik tok tik tok

After moving around putting things here and there back and forth between the rooms I finally finish unpacking.

I walk to my bedroom and grab my cellphone to look at the clock.

“2AM?!” I said shocked. “It's this late already?!” I said going around my room trying to find a towel.

After taking a super quick shower I return to my bed and lay down going to sleep. After a long day of working, nothing is better than a good night sleep.

 

 

 

 

****

Updated!

Sorry no guihu moments yet. but aaron arrived! lol.