Believe in Fate

Believe in Fate

 

 

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

“Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!” I reached to the desk beside my bed to turn off my alarm that is crying very loud trying to wake me up. “Five more minutes....please....just fiv...mo...” I wondered off to dream land again.

-

Where is this place? Why am I here?

I look around and noticed that it was a school. As I walk towards I have no idea where I heard ball bouncing noises from maybe the gym. So I walk towards it and it really was the gym. I saw a guy shooting hoops and playing basketball by himself. I couldn't see his face so I step towards the door and hit my head on the door hard.

Ahhh~! Damn it, I’m not a ghost, is this for real then?

I open the door and quietly walks into the gym trying not to interrupt the dude.

“Gui Gui” he said suddenly making my jump from surprise.

How does he know my name? And why does his voice sound so familiar?

I look around and only saw me and him there.

I pointed to myself confused.

I heard him laugh. “Yes you, you dork” he said and walks towards me.

As he walks towards him he became brighter and brighter. I couldn't make up his face now.

“What are you doing?” he laughs, “You're late, let's go” he said and stuck out his hand at me.

My hand automatically reached for his, but before I could held his hand, everything became super bright and cold. My heart also began to ache.

-

Huhhhh! Huhhhhh~~~!

I woke up coughing and taking very deep breaths trying to gasp for air. I place my hand on my heart and felt it beating really fast.

I had those weird dream again.

I calmed myself down and got up.

What the....why am I on the floor?

I got up and look at my alarm clock.

“Sh*T! I’m LATE!” I ran to my bathroom and got dressed.

I brushed my teeth and looked at myself in the mirror. As my toothbrush stick out of my mouth with toothpaste on my lips I brush my short hair with my hands and smile.

“Beautiful” I mumbled.

“Gui Gui! Aren't you going to eat breakfast?” my mother ask as I ran down the stairs.

“No time, got to go” I said as I rush to the dinning table and shove a piece of bread into my mouth. I ran towards the door and put on my shoes hopping on one foot and changing to the other.

“Slow down, you'll~”

“Bye!” I said quickly before running off.

“Gui Gui! Are You late again?!” I heard my neighbor's preschool child yelling at me as I ran by.

I waved and continue to run.

“Slow down, you'll choke on your bread!” the old man down the road said as I ran by.

“OKAY!” I said after swallowing the last piece of my bread.

Thank goodness I live up in the hills.

“Hi everyone! I’m a female and my name is Wu Ying Jie, but everyone calls me Gui Gui. I’m still a high schooler, but this is my last year. Why am I running? Because today is the first day of my last year of school and I’m going to be late! Damn alarm clock! Didn't ring at all. And such bad luck to start my first day of school by waking up on the floor after a weird dream. Was it my first weird dream? Of course not. Why do I have weird dreams? No idea. My mom said it was my fate to have those dreams, but who in the world believe in such funny thing as FATE?”

Just as I got down the hill I turn the corner and saw the gate of my school closing.

No!!!! Just a bit more!!!

I jump right through the gates before the gate officer closed it.

“I made it!” I said proudly. I stood up straight and tidy up myself as I try to catch my breath.

“Gui Gui!” I heard my best friend call my name. I lift up my head and smiled widely.

“Xiao Xun!” I said and hug her.

“You made it!” she said as happy as I was.

“I told you yesterday night I wouldn't be late.”

“Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, be proud later, let's go, it's the opening assembly,” she said pulling me behind her.

We sat through the boring opening assembly and head to class. Finally my last year of high school started!

~

“I see, so you had those weird dreams again” Xiao Xun said nodding her head as she eats her lunch box. “Did you see his face this time?”

“No...gosh so stressful, if he's going to make be dream of him why don't he reveal his face?” I said mad as I finish my juice box in one go.

“Maybe he wants you to yearn for him first.”

“Yearn for him? Pish~ like I’d do that” I said. “I don't even know how to do that in the first place.”

“You know like he'll stay mysterious, and slowly draw you into him little by little,” Xiao Xun said as she makes a mysterious face. “You'll start to wonder who he is and be curious to why he is in your dreams, and then you'll start to want to see him more and more, stuff like that.”

“No way” I said getting goosebumps just from the thoughts of it. I close my lunch box and got up to throw it away.

~

I knew it, first day of school is always the slowest! But after wards is always the best!

I walk towards the street market with a big smile on my face. I was taking the long way home, which is going around the bottom of the hill to the other side, then up I go from the other side.

As I was looking around I came to the end and came upon a old lady with tarot cards on the table in front of her.

I smiled at her.

“Wu Ying Jie” she called my name clearly.

“What?” I said shocked. “How do you know my name?”

“Just from one look at you, there's nothing that I don't know” she gave me a creepy smile. “Why don't you have a seat? It seems like you're the one who I’m waiting to meet today” she said.

“You were waiting to meet me?” I ask totally confused. “But I don't even know you, and you also don't even know me. I mean...I live up there, I pointed to the top of the hill, and this is the first time I saw you here” I said as I sat down.

She didn't say anything, she just stare at me and smile. Which was really, really, yes totally creeping me out.

“It's time” she said after starring at me.

“For what?”

“For your fate to cross.”

“What?”

“You will meet him soon, your fate are finally crossing.”

“Him? Who are you talking about?”

“Your fated one.”

“What is this FATE about?” I said pissing off. “I don't believe in this FATE thing you're talking about, you're just like my mom,” I said and got up.

“Those dreams that you're having” she said stopping me. “Those dreams you call weird, are not weird dreams.”

I turn back to her and sat down.

“How do you know I have those dreams?”

“I told you before just from one look at you, there's nothing that I don't know” she gave me another creepy smile.

“So you can read people” I said fascinated now. “So what about those weird dreams? Why do you say that they're not weird? I mean I don't understand why I keep on having those dreams, I don't remember doing anything wrong, unless in my pass life I did something terrible.”

“That's right” she said as she grabs her tarot cards and shuffle them. “Those dreams are actions of your pass life, that man who you cannot see in your dream, is coming for his revenge” she said as she turns over the top card of her deck.

“Pass life? No way” I said and got up again. “Why am I listening to you in the first place? You must be some crazy old woman” I said and began to walk away.

“You will meet him soon, and when you do, your life, your thoughts will change dramatically” I heard her said. “And we, will meet again.”

I turn around and she was gone. I instantly got goosebumps, and ran home.

What an awfully bad luck today...that old lady must be really crazy! What?! FATE? PASS LIFE? Pisshh~ 

I finish brushing my teeth and head to bed. But I couldn't fall asleep. That old lady keep on popping up in my head. 

“Those dreams are actions of your pass life, that man who you cannot see in your dream, is coming for his revenge.” Jeeze what am I doing? Because of her I think I’m going crazy too.

I turn over and close my eyes.

-

Ahhh! It's so bright!

I shut my eyes tightly and when I open them I was lying on a bed with an aching body.

“Gui Gui, you're awake, how are you feeling?” I heard the guy who always appear in my dream said to me.

I turn over to see his face but his face was a blur. I slowly sat up and I rub my eyes but it didn't help.

“Can you see me?” he said in a panic as he sat on my bed.

I don't know why but seeing him worry about me makes me feel really happy, I was so happy that tears suddenly roll down my face.

“What's wrong? Are you badly hurt?”

I shook my head and smile at the blurry guy.

“Thank goodness your okay” he said and leans towards me.

Before I could hug him my heart started to ache again.

-

I shot my eyes open and sat up taking big deep breaths, trying to gasp for air again. I look around and realized that I was in my room. I glance at my alarm clock and it was three in the morning.

“Those dreams are actions of your pass life, that man who you cannot see in your dream, is coming for his revenge,” that lady's words suddenly came into my mind again.

No! No! No! That lady is just crazy!

I shook my head and turn to sleep again, but saw my pillow wet. I touch my face and felt it wet.

I really cried.

I turned my pillow over and lie down again. I don't know when but I fell asleep again. This time it was a peaceful sleep.  

 

 

 

 

****

First chapter of Believe in Fate updated!